To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blitz Ball (ab103 and Fox Storm only-Complete)

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Blitz Ball (ab103 and Fox Storm only-Complete) - Page 4 Empty Re: Blitz Ball (ab103 and Fox Storm only-Complete)

Post by Alexa Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Mira's raised eyebrows and blinking indicated her surprise at Alfred's mini-rant about his girlfriend. He had a girlfriend?

But she shook that out of her thoughts. She cleared her throat and focused back to the matter at hand. "Well, from my standpoint, I can see why they like each other. Ty, to Simone, is a great guy; a bit testy, but he's got a good heart underneath. And Simone...well, I don't know Simone as well as I like to, but to Ty, she's got a lot of issues to sort out, but she's sweet and calm most of the time. And when they're together....well, aside from their usual shyness, they really seem happy when they're around each other, AND they're not as testy as they can sometimes be."

She sighed again, tapping her fingers. "But having them go to an event like this, where they're not comfortable going...do you really think that this kind of event is the right one for them? They don't seem to think so."

"Well, no offense, Mira, but can you think of anything else?"

Alfred and Mira turned to see Pixel leaning against the doorway, looking rather cool and collected. She stood up and went over to them, and as she did, she said, "I know I can't."

Alfred smiled at the loyal canine companion. "Oh, Pixel! Excellent timing! And, precisely my thoughts on the matter." He looked up at Mira and nodded. "We're almost at the end of our ropes here, all that close to just bluntly telling the two to admit their feelings which would very likely have the opposite effect. The invitations to the ball came at a great time for the two, and, besides... They've never been to a ball, so they don't know what they're missing out on. These things can actually be fun, given the right environment!"

He started to snicker, trying to hide his glee and utterly failing. "Also, how many times do I actually get to dress up Ty? You know he's my cousin, right? This is just one of the many things I get to do to annoy him, AND it has the added benefit of not being the kind of thing that can get him sick with pneumonia again which means he won't find it necessary to pour paint on me in response... We had such a loving relationship when we were younger, as you can clearly tell..."

"And..." He shrugged. "I guess you get the joy of having Simone to dress up, though you have much kinder reasons than me... As long as they both look spiffy in the end, I won't mind a bit."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Blitz Ball (ab103 and Fox Storm only-Complete) - Page 4 Empty Re: Blitz Ball (ab103 and Fox Storm only-Complete)

Post by Mod Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred smiled at the loyal canine companion. "Oh, Pixel! Excellent timing! And, precisely my thoughts on the matter." He looked up at Mira and nodded. "We're almost at the end of our ropes here, all that close to just bluntly telling the two to admit their feelings which would very likely have the opposite effect. The invitations to the ball came at a great time for the two, and, besides... They've never been to a ball, so they don't know what they're missing out on. These things can actually be fun, given the right environment!"

Pixel sat herself down and said,"Yep, 'specially since I'M pretty blunt, but I don't wanna be the one to tell them. I ain't their babysitter." She heard Alfred started snickering and looked to him.

ab103 wrote:
He started to snicker, trying to hide his glee and utterly failing. "Also, how many times do I actually get to dress up Ty? You know he's my cousin, right? This is just one of the many things I get to do to annoy him, AND it has the added benefit of not being the kind of thing that can get him sick with pneumonia again which means he won't find it necessary to pour paint on me in response... We had such a loving relationship when we were younger, as you can clearly tell..."

Both Mira and Pixel looked at each other and shared an unimpressed glance at the mention of the cousins' pranks against each other.

ab103 wrote:
"And..." He shrugged. "I guess you get the joy of having Simone to dress up, though you have much kinder reasons than me... As long as they both look spiffy in the end, I won't mind a bit."

"Hmph. Weeeelllll, I'm sure she'll look beautiful in a dress, myself, and Ty will look fine in a suit. So of course I'll help her get the dress, and since I'm going, maybe I'll find one that's similar to hers so that she doesn't feel alone."

"Awesome! I'm glad you'll help Simone out, considerin' she has yet to reveal her feelings for Ty!" She couldn't help but snort a bit in disappointment. "Seriously, why haven't those two just admit to each other that they like each other? If they don't, it'll bring them nothin' but heartache, and I don't wanna see that! I wanna see them be happy together, with everythin' they've been through with that loudmouth Zurg, Darkmatter, that energy mosquito and that stupid...er...conflict that Simone had ta go through back on her homeplanet!" Now Pixel was growling at that.

Mira blinked at Pixel's sudden fierceness. "Okay, okay, first of all, calm down...and second, why do you care so much about getting the two of them together? Why do YOU TWO care so much, anyway?...besides the fact that they're too shy to admit it to themselves, AND that they've been through a lot recently?...are there any other reasons? N-not that I'm trying to pry, of course it wouldn't be prying, I'm just asking-"

Another snort from Pixel convinced Alfred to go ahead and voice HIS reasons.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"Hmph. Weeeelllll, I'm sure she'll look beautiful in a dress, myself, and Ty will look fine in a suit. So of course I'll help her get the dress, and since I'm going, maybe I'll find one that's similar to hers so that she doesn't feel alone."

"Awesome! I'm glad you'll help Simone out, considerin' she has yet to reveal her feelings for Ty!" She couldn't help but snort a bit in disappointment. "Seriously, why haven't those two just admit to each other that they like each other? If they don't, it'll bring them nothin' but heartache, and I don't wanna see that! I wanna see them be happy together, with everythin' they've been through with that loudmouth Zurg, Darkmatter, that energy mosquito and that stupid...er...conflict that Simone had ta go through back on her homeplanet!" Now Pixel was growling at that.

Mira blinked at Pixel's sudden fierceness. "Okay, okay, first of all, calm down...and second, why do you care so much about getting the two of them together? Why do YOU TWO care so much, anyway?...besides the fact that they're too shy to admit it to themselves, AND that they've been through a lot recently?...are there any other reasons? N-not that I'm trying to pry, of course it wouldn't be prying, I'm just asking-"

Another snort from Pixel convinced Alfred to go ahead and voice HIS reasons.

Alfred gave a long sigh in response to the question. "Well, if you really want to know... I can't speak for Pixel, but the reasons you already listed are my main reasons... But, besides that... I feel like I owe Ty. Considering how much I did to him, both directly and indirectly... Not to mention how he kept me from dying on a few occasions... I'm not going to go into detail about that, since, honestly, I rather not think back on all of that..."

He sighed again, though this one was considerably shorter than the last one. "And, as for Simone... Well, she actually forgave me... Moreover, she's giving me a second chance. Both of these are something I've not come to expect from anyone I deal with, given my current personality and how I act most of the time... You certainly know what I'm talking about, right Ranger Nova? But, if Simone is giving me this, then I'm certainly going to do what I can to help her out in response, starting with her relationship with Ty, for the reasons we already discussed about them being perfect for each other and being too stupid to realize that they do in fact like each other back."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred gave a long sigh in response to the question. "Well, if you really want to know... I can't speak for Pixel, but the reasons you already listed are my main reasons... But, besides that... I feel like I owe Ty. Considering how much I did to him, both directly and indirectly... Not to mention how he kept me from dying on a few occasions... I'm not going to go into detail about that, since, honestly, I rather not think back on all of that..."

He sighed again, though this one was considerably shorter than the last one. "And, as for Simone... Well, she actually forgave me... Moreover, she's giving me a second chance. Both of these are something I've not come to expect from anyone I deal with, given my current personality and how I act most of the time... You certainly know what I'm talking about, right Ranger Nova? But, if Simone is giving me this, then I'm certainly going to do what I can to help her out in response, starting with her relationship with Ty, for the reasons we already discussed about them being perfect for each other and being too stupid to realize that they do in fact like each other back."

"...." Mira turned to Pixel. "What about you, Pixel? Why do you care about helping Ty and Simone to get together?"

The dustchaser flicked her tail for a minute and then sighed. "Well, my reasons for gettin' the two of them together are more or less for THEIR sakes more than my own. Y'see, I know I wasn't around when all of that stuff happened to Ty, but even I know that he needs a big break and that he'll get it with Simone. I noticed that he was really excited to see her, even if he didn't show it at the time, 'cause I saw how hopeful he seemed when she came back from her home to help him out. Makes ya wonder why he didn't do that earlier-but anyway, I feel that with Simone, he'd feel more happy with himself, AND he'd feel like he doesn't need to carry on his burdens as he does now."

With Simone, I can tell that she's got a lot of issues to sort out, and that even though she's pretty gentle as a lamb most of the time, she can also be angry like a bull, and that she needs someone who can let her know that it's okay that she needn't be strong and hide herself all the time, and that she can warm and friendly when she wants to."

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"...." Mira turned to Pixel. "What about you, Pixel? Why do you care about helping Ty and Simone to get together?"

The dustchaser flicked her tail for a minute and then sighed. "Well, my reasons for gettin' the two of them together are more or less for THEIR sakes more than my own. Y'see, I know I wasn't around when all of that stuff happened to Ty, but even I know that he needs a big break and that he'll get it with Simone. I noticed that he was really excited to see her, even if he didn't show it at the time, 'cause I saw how hopeful he seemed when she came back from her home to help him out. Makes ya wonder why he didn't do that earlier-but anyway, I feel that with Simone, he'd feel more happy with himself, AND he'd feel like he doesn't need to carry on his burdens as he does now."

With Simone, I can tell that she's got a lot of issues to sort out, and that even though she's pretty gentle as a lamb most of the time, she can also be angry like a bull, and that she needs someone who can let her know that it's okay that she needn't be strong and hide herself all the time, and that she can warm and friendly when she wants to."

Alfred nodded. "Right. So, I hope our answers are suitable enough for you, Ranger Nova? Please, this ball is very likely our ticket to their relationship actually happening, and if it doesn't work we'll likely have to give up until we can come up with a fool-proof plan. But, that would be extremely difficult, so I'd personally like to get them together at the ball if we can. You already agreed to help Simone pick out a dress, but... Are you also willing to help us get the two together...?"

He paused for a moment and then frowned, brow raised. "Come to think of it, do YOU have any reasons why they should get together? You may be a new player to this game of ours, but I'm certain you can come up with fresh new ideas and reasons for us to achieve our goals. So... Any reasons you can think of for yourself? Any at all?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:29 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred nodded. "Right. So, I hope our answers are suitable enough for you, Ranger Nova? Please, this ball is very likely our ticket to their relationship actually happening, and if it doesn't work we'll likely have to give up until we can come up with a fool-proof plan. But, that would be extremely difficult, so I'd personally like to get them together at the ball if we can. You already agreed to help Simone pick out a dress, but... Are you also willing to help us get the two together...?"

He paused for a moment and then frowned, brow raised. "Come to think of it, do YOU have any reasons why they should get together? You may be a new player to this game of ours, but I'm certain you can come up with fresh new ideas and reasons for us to achieve our goals. So... Any reasons you can think of for yourself? Any at all?"

The Tangean thought for a minute, and for that one minute, she couldn't seem to come up with anything...until certain memories came into her heart and mind.

"Well...as much as it's not really any of my business...er, was, I do want them to be happy with each other. I don't want them to lose each other and..." She sighed a bit shakily as her feelings for Romac arose. "...and be separated just because of...outside circumstances. And they both care about each other and are willing to help each other out even when they're both in pain...I guess it's only fair that their pain doesn't get in the way of their relationship."

She ran a hand through her red hair and sighed again. "Are those reasons good enough for ya?"

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The Tangean thought for a minute, and for that one minute, she couldn't seem to come up with anything...until certain memories came into her heart and mind.

"Well...as much as it's not really any of my business...er, was, I do want them to be happy with each other. I don't want them to lose each other and..." She sighed a bit shakily as her feelings for Romac arose. "...and be separated just because of...outside circumstances. And they both care about each other and are willing to help each other out even when they're both in pain...I guess it's only fair that their pain doesn't get in the way of their relationship."

She ran a hand through her red hair and sighed again. "Are those reasons good enough for ya?"

Alfred smiled and nodded. "Yes. Those are perfect. Now... Was there anything you wanted to talk about before I left? I need to go set up a place for Ty's lessons. ...You know, I bet the poor fellow doesn't even know how to tie a tie..." He burst out laughing, having to take a few deep breaths and wipe tears from his eyes in order to calm down. "Ohhh, that will NEVER stop being funny... Anyway. Ty probably can't put on neckwear properly, I'm almost certain he has no idea how to prepare a proper cup of tea, and then there's the important things he needs to know for when he attends the ball that I'm sure he's all to ignorant of at the moment."

He sighed and pouted. "So much to teach him, so little time... I guess, I'll start with the more important stuff... Pity, I would so love to teach him how to make tea correctly..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:52 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred smiled and nodded. "Yes. Those are perfect. Now... Was there anything you wanted to talk about before I left? I need to go set up a place for Ty's lessons. ...You know, I bet the poor fellow doesn't even know how to tie a tie..." He burst out laughing, having to take a few deep breaths and wipe tears from his eyes in order to calm down.

Both female Rangers shot unimpressed glances at Alfred's joke.

ab103 wrote:"Ohhh, that will NEVER stop being funny... Anyway. Ty probably can't put on neckwear properly, I'm almost certain he has no idea how to prepare a proper cup of tea, and then there's the important things he needs to know for when he attends the ball that I'm sure he's all to ignorant of at the moment."

He sighed and pouted. "So much to teach him, so little time... I guess, I'll start with the more important stuff... Pity, I would so love to teach him how to make tea correctly..."

"Hey, before ya go teachin' him all that fancy stuff, I have a question to ask;...what about transportation? I mean, I know that I can't come with them and Mira, but I'd like to know how they'll get there to Enomyt III."

Mira took this as a chance to speak up. "I think from the way Simone was acting earlier, I think it's safe to say that she doesn't want to be seen with Ty in a dress. I don't mean together with him, I mean...she's so nervous about being in a dress that she'll probably believe that she'll look horrible in it, and she doesn't want Ty to think she looks bad. So I think they'll have to be separated until we meet up at the ball."

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Both female Rangers shot unimpressed glances at Alfred's joke.

"Hey, before ya go teachin' him all that fancy stuff, I have a question to ask;...what about transportation? I mean, I know that I can't come with them and Mira, but I'd like to know how they'll get there to Enomyt III."

Mira took this as a chance to speak up. "I think from the way Simone was acting earlier, I think it's safe to say that she doesn't want to be seen with Ty in a dress. I don't mean together with him, I mean...she's so nervous about being in a dress that she'll probably believe that she'll look horrible in it, and she doesn't want Ty to think she looks bad. So I think they'll have to be separated until we meet up at the ball."

"Hmm..." Alfred tapped his chin to think over that conundrum. "Well, a limo service wouldn't be too expensive for the three of you. I'll have to call for two separate ones, of course, but that should be about the same cost as one for the three of you. Mira, you'll have to ride with Simone, of course. But you two should probably leave a little after Ty does, that way he won't see Simone right away. Hmm, that would be a nice surprise for him, wouldn't it? So! That settles it. I'll add the limo service to my list of expenses, it'll all be covered, and you three are sure to have a good time at the ball. Wonderful."

He clasped his hands together and grinned. "Anything else? Remember, I'll willing to pay for any of your expenses for this ball, but I'd like to know as soon as possible what I need to pay for. I'm all too certain I can afford it, of course, I'm rich like that, but all the same, I'd like to budget accordingly..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Hmm..." Alfred tapped his chin to think over that conundrum. "Well, a limo service wouldn't be too expensive for the three of you. I'll have to call for two separate ones, of course, but that should be about the same cost as one for the three of you. Mira, you'll have to ride with Simone, of course. But you two should probably leave a little after Ty does, that way he won't see Simone right away. Hmm, that would be a nice surprise for him, wouldn't it? So! That settles it. I'll add the limo service to my list of expenses, it'll all be covered, and you three are sure to have a good time at the ball. Wonderful."

He clasped his hands together and grinned. "Anything else? Remember, I'll willing to pay for any of your expenses for this ball, but I'd like to know as soon as possible what I need to pay for. I'm all too certain I can afford it, of course, I'm rich like that, but all the same, I'd like to budget accordingly..."

Mira placed a hand under her chin to think about anything else he'd be willing to pay for, since he WAS offering."The only other things I can think of would be our dresses. Simone and I were going to go shopping today after work, but I'd have to find a way to convince her to actually go IN the shop. I don't wanna use my powers to force her unless I have no choice."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Mira placed a hand under her chin to think about anything else he'd be willing to pay for, since he WAS offering."The only other things I can think of would be our dresses. Simone and I were going to go shopping today after work, but I'd have to find a way to convince her to actually go IN the shop. I don't wanna use my powers to force her unless I have no choice."

Alfred waved his hand in dismissal. "Oh, don't worry, I already promised to pay for your dresses. As for how to get her in... Maybe you could lie and say that I already paid for the dresses, that way she is obligated to get one? If that doesn't work, then I have no further suggestions and you might have to use your mind powers. Sorry, Ranger Nova, I'm afraid I can't be more help to this problem. But... Here." He pulled out a small card with a bar code on it and handed it to Mira. "I'll trust you, but all the same, don't lose it. Just use this whenever you do buy something. It'll put the cost on my tab automatically, so I won't actually have to be there whenever you buy something. Just give it back whenever you're done with what you need to buy for the ball..."

He smiled and nodded his head. "Alright then, I suppose that covers everything. If you think of anything you need me for, just track me down later. In the mean time, I have to go get everything set up for Ty's lessons. He'll need a proper teacher and I can't think of a better one than the one I have in mind... Alright. Good day to you both." He nodded once more and began to leave, walking slowly just to make sure there wasn't anything else he needed to back called back for. Once he was happy with the amount of silence, he picked up his pace, going straight to preparing Ty's dance lessons.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred waved his hand in dismissal. "Oh, don't worry, I already promised to pay for your dresses. As for how to get her in... Maybe you could lie and say that I already paid for the dresses, that way she is obligated to get one? If that doesn't work, then I have no further suggestions and you might have to use your mind powers. Sorry, Ranger Nova, I'm afraid I can't be more help to this problem. But... Here." He pulled out a small card with a bar code on it and handed it to Mira. "I'll trust you, but all the same, don't lose it. Just use this whenever you do buy something. It'll put the cost on my tab automatically, so I won't actually have to be there whenever you buy something. Just give it back whenever you're done with what you need to buy for the ball..."

Mira looked at the card very briefly, with Pixel looking over her arm, out of curiosity. Mira then put it away in her pocket. The two Rangers then looked back at Alfred.

ab103 wrote:
He smiled and nodded his head. "Alright then, I suppose that covers everything. If you think of anything you need me for, just track me down later. In the mean time, I have to go get everything set up for Ty's lessons. He'll need a proper teacher and I can't think of a better one than the one I have in mind... Alright. Good day to you both." He nodded once more and began to leave, walking slowly just to make sure there wasn't anything else he needed to back called back for. Once he was happy with the amount of silence, he picked up his pace, going straight to preparing Ty's dance lessons.

As they watched Alfred leave, Pixel asked Mira, "So...I'm wonderin', whaddaya think of Alfred now?"

Mira stood up and placed a hand on her hip. "...I'm not sure if I trust him yet, but he DOES wanna help Ty and Simone...but I'm going to keep a close eye on him, just until the ball."

And with that, they left the room.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Mira looked at the card very briefly, with Pixel looking over her arm, out of curiosity. Mira then put it away in her pocket. The two Rangers then looked back at Alfred.

As they watched Alfred leave, Pixel asked Mira, "So...I'm wonderin', whaddaya think of Alfred now?"

Mira stood up and placed a hand on her hip. "...I'm not sure if I trust him yet, but he DOES wanna help Ty and Simone...but I'm going to keep a close eye on him, just until the ball."

And with that, they left the room.

A few days later, in a large room at Star Command... Most of the objects of the room had been pushed to the side, including a table and a few chairs. There was a small sound system on the table, currently playing the finest selection of orchestral music, in particular a type that was perfect for a slow dance, the kind that beginners could learn the proper steps to with more ease until they could graduate to faster versions of the dance.

As such, the following lesson was taking place:

"No, no. You lead with your left foot. Step forward. No, no, KEEP your darn hand on my waist, I don't CARE how awkward this is for you! Alright, remember how I told you already. One, two, three. One, two, three... OW! Okay, you stepped on my foot on purpose that time!"

Alfred had told Ty that he'd find him a dance instructor... What he didn't tell Ty was how tough the dance instructor would be. He also neglected to tell Ty WHO the dance instructor would be until the very last moment.

Boy, Ty was certainly surprised to find that Alfred would be the one teaching him to waltz.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 pm

ab103 wrote:

A few days later, in a large room at Star Command... Most of the objects of the room had been pushed to the side, including a table and a few chairs. There was a small sound system on the table, currently playing the finest selection of orchestral music, in particular a type that was perfect for a slow dance, the kind that beginners could learn the proper steps to with more ease until they could graduate to faster versions of the dance.

As such, the following lesson was taking place:

"No, no. You lead with your left foot. Step forward. No, no, KEEP your darn hand on my waist, I don't CARE how awkward this is for you! Alright, remember how I told you already. One, two, three. One, two, three... OW! Okay, you stepped on my foot on purpose that time!"

Alfred had told Ty that he'd find him a dance instructor... What he didn't tell Ty was how tough the dance instructor would be. He also neglected to tell Ty WHO the dance instructor would be until the very last moment.

Boy, Ty was certainly surprised to find that Alfred would be the one teaching him to waltz.

And he was already feeling like he was screwing up...which he was, technically.

"Yeah, well, I didn't seem to recall you telling me that the dance instructor would be YOU, Alfred. If it were someone else, I wouldn't be having a hard time with this as I am now!" His irritation with not only his dancing, but also Alfred was not helping to help soothe the matter at hand. But he knew that he had to learn this, otherwise he'd never get a chance to dance with Simone...he slightly felt red at that; he'd be dancing. With Simone....this was going to be a problem.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
And he was already feeling like he was screwing up...which he was, technically.

"Yeah, well, I didn't seem to recall you telling me that the dance instructor would be YOU, Alfred. If it were someone else, I wouldn't be having a hard time with this as I am now!" His irritation with not only his dancing, but also Alfred was not helping to help soothe the matter at hand. But he knew that he had to learn this, otherwise he'd never get a chance to dance with Simone...he slightly felt red at that; he'd be dancing. With Simone....this was going to be a problem.

Alfred sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay. Fine. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I didn't want you to skip out on the lessons just because I would be teaching them. Frankly, there's no one I could bring to Star Command to teach you and I doubted you would want any of the other rangers to be the one teaching you, so I'm the next best choice."

He let go of Ty and stepped to the side of him, so they were facing the same direction. "Just... Waltz is one of the easier ballroom dances. Once you get the hang of the pattern, it's easier to manipulate more complicated steps, most of which you'll likely not have to do at the Blitz Ball. Since you're the male, you're leading the dance. So you step with your left foot..." He demonstrated. "And your partner matches by stepping with their right. Then you move YOUR right, like so..." He demonstrated again. "And then this... And then repeat..." He continued to show the proper movements.

He got into position with Ty again. "It's easier if you count the steps as you're starting. One, two, three. One, two, three. Put emphasis on the 'one'. Think you can try it again?"

Last edited by ab103 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay. Fine. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I didn't want you to skip out on the lessons just because I would be teaching them. Frankly, there's no one I could bring to Star Command to teach you and I doubted you would want any of the other rangers to be the one teaching you, so I'm the next best choice."

He let go of Ty and stepped to the side of him, so they were facing the same direction. "Just... Waltz is one of the easier ballroom dances. Once you get the hang of the pattern, it's easier to manipulate more complicated steps, most of which you'll likely not have to do at the Blitz Ball. Since you're the male, you're leading the dance. So you step with your left foot..." He demonstrated. "And your pattern matches by stepping with their right. Then you move YOUR right, like so..." He demonstrated again. "And then this... And then repeat..." He continued to show the proper movements.

Ty made a mental note to remember the movements and practice them by memory.

ab103 wrote:
He got into position with Ty again. "It's easier if you count the steps as you're starting. One, two, three. One, two, three. Put emphasis on the 'one'. Think you can try it again?"

Ty nodded. "I think I get it...I hope." And with that, they started practicing again.

And as they did, they failed to notice a certain red-haired Ranger coming into the doorway...
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty made a mental note to remember the movements and practice them by memory.

Ty nodded. "I think I get it...I hope." And with that, they started practicing again.

And as they did, they failed to notice a certain red-haired Ranger coming into the doorway...

"Yes, that's the right way," Alfred encouraged. "You're doing much better now. Heh... Perhaps if you can master waltz soon enough, we can have enough time to move onto gavotte, and minuet, and tango... Maybe even tinikling! That would be fun to see you do!" He giggled a little, but calmed down enough to continue to show Ty how to dance properly. "Here, it would be easier if you had a straighter posture and..."

He trailed off for a moment. They had just turned, so Alfred was now able to see that there was a guest in the room with them. "Oh... Hello, Ranger Nova."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Yes, that's the right way," Alfred encouraged. "You're doing much better now. Heh... Perhaps if you can master waltz soon enough, we can have enough time to move onto gavotte, and minuet, and tango... Maybe even tinikling! That would be fun to see you do!" He giggled a little, but calmed down enough to continue to show Ty how to dance properly. "Here, it would be easier if you had a straighter posture and..."

He trailed off for a moment. They had just turned, so Alfred was now able to see that there was a guest in the room with them. "Oh... Hello, Ranger Nova."

Mira just stood there, blinking dumbly at what she was seeing before her eyes. "Uh....hel-looo...Ty, Alfred....what are you two doing?"

Ty backed off from Alfred about a good inch or two away and rubbed his neck with embarrassment. "Well...er...my cousin was...well, you remember the 'dance instructor' he was going to get for me?"

Mira blinked dumbly again, only to have her eyes widen.

"Yeah...er..." He turned to Alfred for help.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Mira just stood there, blinking dumbly at what she was seeing before her eyes. "Uh....hel-looo...Ty, Alfred....what are you two doing?"

Ty backed off from Alfred about a good inch or two away and rubbed his neck with embarrassment. "Well...er...my cousin was...well, you remember the 'dance instructor' he was going to get for me?"

Mira blinked dumbly again, only to have her eyes widen.

"Yeah...er..." He turned to Alfred for help.

"Oh, Ty, don't be silly." Alfred grinned and patted Ty's head. "I never told anyone that you needed a dance instructor. But, now that the secret's out..." He looked over at Mira. "Sadly, this is one of the things poor Ty needs to learn for the ball... So, I'm teaching him to waltz. So... I suppose you're welcome to watch, if you want to...?"

He looked at Ty again and shrugged. "This will actually be useful, so you can get used to having people watch you dance. Because, honestly, at the ball, you'll be surrounded by a lot of people, many of them watching you dance with your partner of choice. Best get used to it now, cousin dear."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

ab103 wrote:
"Oh, Ty, don't be silly." Alfred grinned and patted Ty's head. "I never told anyone that you needed a dance instructor. But, now that the secret's out..."

Ty swatted Alfred's hand away, not amused at all.

ab103 wrote:He looked over at Mira. "Sadly, this is one of the things poor Ty needs to learn for the ball... So, I'm teaching him to waltz. So... I suppose you're welcome to watch, if you want to...?"

Ty slightly cringed at that. Mira watching him?...oh, great.

ab103 wrote:
He looked at Ty again and shrugged. "This will actually be useful, so you can get used to having people watch you dance. Because, honestly, at the ball, you'll be surrounded by a lot of people, many of them watching you dance with your partner of choice. Best get used to it now, cousin dear."

Mira attempted to ease away Ty's embarrassment. "Yeah, it's true. You may as well keep on practicing while I'm here. I came to give Alfred back something he let me borrow, but I'll stay to help you get used to dancing in a crowd...and I won't tell anyone about this since you won't."

Ty smiled in relief. "Thanks, Mira."

She shrugged lightly and sat down in a chair.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Mira attempted to ease away Ty's embarrassment. "Yeah, it's true. You may as well keep on practicing while I'm here. I came to give Alfred back something he let me borrow, but I'll stay to help you get used to dancing in a crowd...and I won't tell anyone about this since you won't."

Ty smiled in relief. "Thanks, Mira."

She shrugged lightly and sat down in a chair.

"Right. Wonderful." Alfred nodded, smiling. "And so... Oh, Chyst, where were we...? ...Right. So, Ty. Straighter posture, but not too stiff. You need to be able to move around with ease and grace. Hands like so, left foot first. One, two, three. One, two, three... Good, good, just like that. Keep in time to the music..." After a few moments, Alfred grinned and shot Ty a mischievous look. "Ready to go faster...?"

Without waiting for an answer, Alfred looked over at Mira. "Ranger Nova, would you please switch the music to Track 16? It should be the Balse Waltz? Thank you." The new song to play was in fact faster, but had a similar meter to the previous song. Alfred stopped for a moment. "Okay, Ty, keep track of the beats and count along as I showed you, but faster to keep up. It's always the same steps, so since you have that down, you should be able to do this. Once you have your bearings, let me know and then lead, alright?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:46 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Right. Wonderful." Alfred nodded, smiling. "And so... Oh, Chyst, where were we...? ...Right. So, Ty. Straighter posture, but not too stiff. You need to be able to move around with ease and grace. Hands like so, left foot first. One, two, three. One, two, three... Good, good, just like that. Keep in time to the music..." After a few moments, Alfred grinned and shot Ty a mischievous look. "Ready to go faster...?"

"Faster?...oh great." Ty was about to retort when-

ab103 wrote:
Without waiting for an answer, Alfred looked over at Mira. "Ranger Nova, would you please switch the music to Track 16? It should be the Balse Waltz? Thank you."

Mira raised an eyebrow, but did as she was asked. She changed the song, and then sat back down.

ab103 wrote:The new song to play was in fact faster, but had a similar meter to the previous song. Alfred stopped for a moment. "Okay, Ty, keep track of the beats and count along as I showed you, but faster to keep up. It's always the same steps, so since you have that down, you should be able to do this. Once you have your bearings, let me know and then lead, alright?"

Ty nodded, not really wanting to answer. He just wanted to get it out of the way. And that's when the REAL fun began...well, not really.

At one point, after a few mistakes, Ty wanted so badly to make some kind of snide remark about how it would have been easier for Alfred to teach him tinikling, whatever that was, but he kept it to himself as he continued to learn how to dance, tolerating the berating Alfred sometimes gave him.

Ty's patience and tolerance gradually paid off, as he found himself starting to dancing with ease and grace. He felt newfound confidence in his abilities, and it was clear that Alfred and Mira both saw it, as Alfred slowly stopping berating him and Mira smiled at how Ty learned so fast. Of course, it helped that he has his own cousin know how to dance for such a special occasion as the Blitz Ball.

Speaking of Ty's cousin...as she watched Alfred and Ty take a break, she couldn't help but overhear him as he spoke to himself. She frowned as a thought came to her. "...that language sounds familiar...I've heard it somewhere before, but where?...Heh, I guess I'll have to ask him about it after Ty, Simone and I get back from the ball."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty nodded, not really wanting to answer. He just wanted to get it out of the way. And that's when the REAL fun began...well, not really.

At one point, after a few mistakes, Ty wanted so badly to make some kind of snide remark about how it would have been easier for Alfred to teach him tinikling, whatever that was, but he kept it to himself as he continued to learn how to dance, tolerating the berating Alfred sometimes gave him.

Ty's patience and tolerance gradually paid off, as he found himself starting to dancing with ease and grace. He felt newfound confidence in his abilities, and it was clear that Alfred and Mira both saw it, as Alfred slowly stopping berating him and Mira smiled at how Ty learned so fast. Of course, it helped that he has his own cousin know how to dance for such a special occasion as the Blitz Ball.

Speaking of Ty's cousin...as she watched Alfred and Ty take a break, she couldn't help but overhear him as he spoke to himself. She frowned as a thought came to her. "...that language sounds familiar...I've heard it somewhere before, but where?...Heh, I guess I'll have to ask him about it after Ty, Simone and I get back from the ball."

---

The day of the ball was slowly arriving closer and closer and Alfred was getting increasingly annoyed with one Bene Notta. That darn man always liked to push deadlines just to annoy him. But, Bene pulled through, as always, and called him to come pick up Ty's suit the day before the night of the ball. Alfred immediately tracked down his cousin, took him into his ship, and then went straight to Beta, very nearly breaking speed limits while in Gamma but luckily staying just below.

He hurried into the shop, not caring that he was leaving Ty behind and whistled loudly to draw attention to himself once in the building. "Notta! If you're not out in five seconds...!" He left the threat unsaid, but Bene certainly listened, stepping out from the back room right right as Ty caught up and walked inside.

Bene smiled and nodded at the two of them. "Mr. Cosmic. Mr. Parsec. I have your suits ready and waiting for you. All the adjustments have been made, and I've even taken the liberty of supplying shoes and socks since I've not given you enough time to find matching shoes given how soon the dance is. ...How soon is the Blitz Ball?"

"Tomorrow," Alfred deadpanned.

"...Ah. Well, everything's ready to take with you right away." Bene pulled out a bag and handed it to Ty. "All of your things are in here. If you can't figure out how to put something on, just ask Mr. Cosmic." He then looked at Alfred and motioned him to follow. "And if I can get you to pay for everything..."

Alfred nodded and glanced over at Ty. "Go ahead and look through that, if you want, but don't you dare wrinkle anything." He then followed after Bene to pay.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm

ab103 wrote:
---

The day of the ball was slowly arriving closer and closer and Alfred was getting increasingly annoyed with one Bene Notta. That darn man always liked to push deadlines just to annoy him. But, Bene pulled through, as always, and called him to come pick up Ty's suit the day before the night of the ball. Alfred immediately tracked down his cousin, took him into his ship, and then went straight to Beta, very nearly breaking speed limits while in Gamma but luckily staying just below.

He hurried into the shop, not caring that he was leaving Ty behind and whistled loudly to draw attention to himself once in the building. "Notta! If you're not out in five seconds...!" He left the threat unsaid, but Bene certainly listened, stepping out from the back room right right as Ty caught up and walked inside.

Bene smiled and nodded at the two of them. "Mr. Cosmic. Mr. Parsec. I have your suits ready and waiting for you. All the adjustments have been made, and I've even taken the liberty of supplying shoes and socks since I've not given you enough time to find matching shoes given how soon the dance is. ...How soon is the Blitz Ball?"

"Tomorrow," Alfred deadpanned.

"...Ah. Well, everything's ready to take with you right away." Bene pulled out a bag and handed it to Ty. "All of your things are in here. If you can't figure out how to put something on, just ask Mr. Cosmic." He then looked at Alfred and motioned him to follow. "And if I can get you to pay for everything..."

Alfred nodded and glanced over at Ty. "Go ahead and look through that, if you want, but don't you dare wrinkle anything." He then followed after Bene to pay.

Ty sighed. Not only was he nervous that the ball was tomorrow, but that the ball was tomorrow AND he was going to go with Simone, whom he hoped would show up despite how nervous she was with everything. But on the bright side, he had mastered dancing and many other skills needed for survival-er, needed at the ball.

But quickly stirring himself out of his thoughts, Ty rummaged through his bag and looked through it. What he saw put a smile on his face.

"Heh...wow...this is a surprise."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty sighed. Not only was he nervous that the ball was tomorrow, but that the ball was tomorrow AND he was going to go with Simone, whom he hoped would show up despite how nervous she was with everything. But on the bright side, he had mastered dancing and many other skills needed for survival-er, needed at the ball.

But quickly stirring himself out of his thoughts, Ty rummaged through his bag and looked through it. What he saw put a smile on his face.

"Heh...wow...this is a surprise."

Alfred came back up to Ty, holding his own bag in his hand and a frown on his face. He shrugged at Ty. "One thing I don't like about Notta. I told him NOT to make an outfit for me, and then he goes and makes one for me. How annoying is that?"

"I can hear you Mr. Cosmic," Bene called out.

"Yes, I know," Alfred called back. He looked at Ty again. "Well, let's get going then. I want you to practice dancing one last time, but while in your suit, just so you can get a feel for how not to mess up your clothing while dancing. You're almost there Ty. Congratulations on making it this far."

And with that, they went back to Star Command for one last dance lesson. Though, no one was allowed to watch this lesson for the sake of Alfred keeping Ty's suit a surprise from the girls. After helping Ty put on only most of the suit (since there was no point in wearing the full thing just yet), keeping the cufflinks a surprise for later, Alfred went through the basics.

"Alright. For the first dance, you will approach your partner of choice. Bow, like so. Ask them politely to dance. If you want, consider kissing their hand, but only if you are comfortable with it..." Alfred smirked, glancing up and down Ty. "And, trust me, while in this suit, only a select few will refuse to dance with you..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next