To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Background Space Rangers

+6
Olivus Prime
Mira Nova
Alexa
EEZ
Mod
Steel
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Background Space Rangers

Post by Stomper1232 Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

The light blue space ranger with the weird hairdo could be called Zira ,and she could be Cragge Stormbringer's sister. As for Janet, her last name could be Ride
Stomper1232
Stomper1232

CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

http://stomper1232.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Well...we could leave Zira and Cragge's relationship open for thought.

I do like the idea of Janet's last name being Ride, though.

Welcome to the forums, by the way! ^^

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:37 am

I was watching Ancient Evil the other day, and noticed something odd. When Natron freezes Star Command, there are several shots of different parts of the station with Rangers running around getting frozen. Now, on two entirely different parts of Star Command, you see this Ranger:

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 Ranger_11

It's probably just an error by the animators, but it brings up an interesting question: are there several of her species on Star Command? Does she have a twin sister, or do all her kind just look very similar?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 am

So, feel free to take this suggestion as seriously or not as you want, but...

This ranger:

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 Ranger_12

Has now been dubbed as Lenny "Lips" McGee in my mind.

No word on what gender the ranger is, but "Lips" McGee is too good to care about gender. <3
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Alexa made a suggestion in the chatbox which I really like - she says that maybe this Ranger:

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 280px-Ranger_04

...is Rocket Crocket's more laid back younger brother, Sprocket Crocket. Very Happy
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:12 pm

For Elsu Vok, the eagle Ranger, we came up with a name for his species. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...he is an Elgaelian, pronounced, "L-guy-lee-ann".
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:47 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:Now, on two entirely different parts of Star Command, you see this Ranger:

As the characters are generics, this happens quite a lot. At Warp's eulogy in The Adventure Begins, Flarn can be seen at the front and back of the crowd, and Kusatsu and Rusty can be seen both in the hallway and at Buzz's eulogy in The Crawling Flesh

I've been thinking about the whole "plot hole" situation with the generic Rangers (basically them appearing when and where they shouldn't), and I came up with a relatively simple explanation for the Training Deck scenario - remember Buzz saying that he still trains on Level 9? Well perhaps the Rangers fighting there with rocket emblems aren't rookies at all - they're just regular Rangers having a routine training session. No wonder Nebula was so proud of Mira - she beat all of the other Rookies and the already-recruited Rangers!

And, like you said Ranger-Nova, there's always the huge possibility that more than one member of each race is on Star Command...

...Unless each Ranger is a representative of their own race/colony? Just something I thought I'd put out there!

Alexa wrote:Has now been dubbed as Lenny "Lips" McGee in my mind.

I really like that name, for some reason the nickname reminds me of Star Wars (I vaguely remember a few of the characters from that having cool nicknames, but I'm not as nerdy for the franchise as I used to be...). It really fits her appearance too - her real name, not just the nickname! "Lips" McGee it is!

Ranger-Nova wrote:...is Rocket Crocket's more laid back younger brother, Sprocket Crocket. Very Happy

Sprocket Crocket is cool, and the brother connection is pretty good, but I'm not sure that their names should be so similar... yet, when you hear "Crocket", it sounds like a surname that would rhyme with a forename. Would Locket Crocket be any better? I just don't know...

Fox Storm wrote:he is an Elgaelian, pronounced, "L-guy-lee-ann".

Very cool also! Not instantly reminiscent of a bird species, but fitting for the race's appearance.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:35 am

Olivus Prime wrote:As the characters are generics, this happens quite a lot. At Warp's eulogy in The Adventure Begins, Flarn can be seen at the front and back of the crowd, and Kusatsu and Rusty can be seen both in the hallway and at Buzz's eulogy in The Crawling Flesh

Yeah, now that I've begun looking, I've seen lots of doubles. It's just an annoying animation goof, I guess.

Olivus Prime wrote:I've been thinking about the whole "plot hole" situation with the generic Rangers (basically them appearing when and where they shouldn't), and I came up with a relatively simple explanation for the Training Deck scenario - remember Buzz saying that he still trains on Level 9? Well perhaps the Rangers fighting there with rocket emblems aren't rookies at all - they're just regular Rangers having a routine training session. No wonder Nebula was so proud of Mira - she beat all of the other Rookies and the already-recruited Rangers!

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Smile

Olivus Prime wrote:And, like you said Ranger-Nova, there's always the huge possibility that more than one member of each race is on Star Command...

...Unless each Ranger is a representative of their own race/colony? Just something I thought I'd put out there!

I think there are probably several races with multiple members in Star Command, but I do like the idea of each planet in the Galactic Alliance sending out at least one member of their races as a Ranger. That would be cool. Very Happy

Alexa wrote:Has now been dubbed as Lenny "Lips" McGee in my mind.

I really like that name, for some reason the nickname reminds me of Star Wars (I vaguely remember a few of the characters from that having cool nicknames, but I'm not as nerdy for the franchise as I used to be...). It really fits her appearance too - her real name, not just the nickname! "Lips" McGee it is![/quote]

Alexa will be glad you like the name! Although she, Fox, and I personally think of Lenny as a "he". But it's hard to tell his/her gender, so you're welcome to go with whatever you prefer. Smile

Olivus Prime wrote:Sprocket Crocket is cool, and the brother connection is pretty good, but I'm not sure that their names should be so similar... yet, when you hear "Crocket", it sounds like a surname that would rhyme with a forename. Would Locket Crocket be any better? I just don't know...

Well, since Alexa and I have used Sprocket in private RPs together, that's what his name will always be to us, but once again you're free to go with the name you like best. Alexa, Fox, and I have a lot of headcanons about Sprocket, Lips, Blaze, and Vok, but I don't want anyone to feel forced to use our ideas. The great thing about these Rangers is that there are so many possibilities for them, because they got so little development in the show. So the field is open for anyone to develop them as they wish. Very Happy
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:47 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:Alexa will be glad you like the name! Although she, Fox, and I personally think of Lenny as a "he". But it's hard to tell his/her gender, so you're welcome to go with whatever you prefer. Smile

Hmm...in this one series I read, the Chanur Saga by C. J. Cherryh, there was this one species called the Stsho whose individuals could change their physical gender. Maybe Lenny's species can do that, too?
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 am

I noticed three extra background rangers in Holiday Time~! For some reason they only appear in this episode, and not in any of the others as far as I can tell.

Perhaps several Rangers not normally stationed on Star Command were called in because some of the normal staff were home for the holiday?

Anyway, here are two of them:

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=16134701337812

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=15134701366712

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=7134701371413

And here's the other (unfortunately it's hard to find a good picture of him):

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=11134701379910

What should we call them~? Alexa suggests the names Bethany Faraday for the blonde woman, Tinsel Andromeda for the other lady, and Ricardo Keylargo for the man.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds good to me, all of those names. The only one I don't really agree with is Andromeda for some reason. But if it's what y'all want, I have no complaints. I mean, I personally feel Tinsel is more of a Tinsel Starling, but that's just me. (shrugs)
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 pm

I like Starling better, actually! Andromeda was just an inside joke since I couldn't think of a better surname on the spot. But, yeah, I agree with Tinsel Starling being a much better name for her. <3
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:03 am

Okay, Tinsel Starling it is~! Very Happy

I found another episode with Ricardo - NOS-4-A2.

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=15134822515214

And here's another background Ranger who is rarely seen.

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 ?di=2134822535111

What should we call him?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

Well I can imagine him being a gruff and strong but gentle and warmhearted guy, what with a face and physique like those (I can also imagine Kevin Michael Richardson's voice coming from him...). Maybe something along the lines of Crunch Neutronus, or something a little less contrived?

You've got a keen eye though, Nova! I didn't realise there were so many non-recurring Rangers!
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Crunch Neutronus sounds fine to me - I especially like Crunch as a first name. It fits him nicely.

Yeah, there are a surprising number of Rangers that are only in a handful of scenes. So far I've only seen Crunch three times - in Stress Test, Star Smasher, and TAB Part One.

The reason I notice these background Rangers is because I hunt through the episodes for any scenes with other Rangers and pay close attention to who they are, what they're doing, etc. Clearly I have no life. XD
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Background Space Rangers - Page 2 Blue_s11

I had an idea for the name of this dude's species. The name I had in mind is...Okopipian.

"Okopipi" is actually a Tirio Indian name for the blue poison dart frog found in South America, around Suriname and Brazil. And he does certainly look frog-like to me!

What do you all think?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Well thought out name Fox, and think it suits his species quite well. In fact, I'd like to see more of his species - maybe a Season 3 episode could revolve around it? Like you say, I could imagine his species residing in a jungle environment - perhaps he came from a tribe and stands as a hero of his race?
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Heh, thanks! I'm glad you like it. *smiles* Yeah, I believe he came from a jungle environment as well, and I totally dig the hero concept. Heck, I even dig seeing more colored frogged people in season 3! *laughs* But anyway, that's a great idea, Olivus! Smile
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stomper1232 Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:21 am

I was on Blosc.wikia.com last night it turned out there was a mix up with the Female Blonde Rangers name, turned out the name Tundra really belongs to a female Tangean Grounder so we may want to change her first name, I was thinking of changing it to one Nicole or Airzona to follow the trend we did with Clyde and Frank where we named them after their voice actors.
Stomper1232
Stomper1232

CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

http://stomper1232.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by buzz lightyear fan Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 am

the horse like ranger should be called stella or lola
buzz lightyear fan
buzz lightyear fan

CAPTAIN