To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics

5 posters

Go down

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics Empty "The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics

Post by Steel Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 am

As some of you already know, Boom! Studios made a comic book series spin-off of Toy Story. Issues #0-#3 were called "The Return of Buzz Lightyear" and feature none other than Booster, with one mention of XR and several mentions of the "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" cartoon.

Skimming through them made me cringe with the little I saw. It's not canon, obviously, but they've made subtle jabs at BLoSC, as well as rubbed in our faces that we didn't get a finale when they present a version of Buzz featured in their supposed finale of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command". But Booster remains throughout it, and doesn't seem as badly portrayed in the latter issues as he did in the former.

Anyway, I thought they might interest some of you, so here they are for download!

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics RoBL-Pt1-small
The Return of Buzz Lightyear, Part One
December 9, 2009: Issue #0

((Download: 12.57 MBs))

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics RoBL-Pt2-small
The Return of Buzz Lightyear, Part Two
February 3, 2010: Issue #1

((Download: 13.13 MBs))

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics RoBL-Pt3-small
The Return of Buzz Lightyear, Part Three
March 10, 2010: Issue #2

((Download: 20.03 MBs))

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics RoBL-Pt4-small
The Return of Buzz Lightyear, Part Four
April 14, 2010: Issue #3

((Download: 15.99 MBs))

To read the files, you will need a .cbr reader, which you can get here. It's a small file and an efficient means to read comics on your computer. It's also freeware, so you don't need to worry about trials.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics Empty Re: "The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics

Post by thetalkingtrampoline Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 am

I have downloaded the cbr reader, but when I download the file, my computer refuses to open it. What could it be?
thetalkingtrampoline
thetalkingtrampoline

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

"The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics Empty Re: "The Return of Buzz Lightyear" by Boom! Comics

Post by Steel Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 am

That shouldn't be happening. Did the files save with the .cbr extension? If not, then rename the files and add .cbr to the end as their extension, and/or make sure you associate .cbr files with cbr reader.

If all else fails, there's another solution. Rename the files you downloaded by replacing their current extension with .zip or .rar, then extract them. You will then have the files as simple images and won't need to use the cbr reader at all to read the comic.

Hope this helped! <3
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 am

I read the first two parts of this comic when it came out, and while I didn't oppose to Booster's character too much (looking back, I was probably filled with nerd-drenaline at the time...), I found the rest of the writing quite poor. Unlike in the Toy Story movies, a lot of the characters in this weren't very distinct. Two parts that stuck out for me though, were the slavish Princess Bride reference that Rex makes at the beginning (Really? We've gone three movies without any...) and the part where Woody comments on how "hot" the GPS is (You're still with Bo-Peep!!!).

I guess it was a fun read, nothing too special, though seeing our favourite spin-off referenced to again is nothing but a good thing!
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephew-J Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 am

Actually everything has been deleted...
Mephew-J
Mephew-J

CADET

CADET

http://mephew-j.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by buzz lightyear fan Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Can you try make another comic
buzz lightyear fan
buzz lightyear fan

CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down