To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Starthought Episode Question

+2
Steel
Mod
6 posters

Go down

The Starthought Episode Question Empty The Starthought Episode Question

Post by Mod Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I just realized something...in the beginning of the episode, when Team Lightyear and Rocket's team are competing, Rocket temporarily lifts up his helmet a few times to talk to his opponents...in the middle of a planet with apparently no oxygen...

I think his suit allows him to temporarily breathe freely without the use of oxygen for a few minutes. Either that, or it's an animation mistake? Or even maybe he's got a strong biological system that allows him to withstand the thin air for a few moments...

I'm so confused. scratch
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

The Starthought Episode Question Empty Re: The Starthought Episode Question

Post by Steel Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Dammit, I can’t answer this question now though I’d love to! My laptop hasn’t been able to start up today so I stole my sister’s to post everywhere here. And Youtube seems to not be showing this episode, but I swear I’ve seen it before…

But I believe it’s an animator quirk. There’ve been mistakes before. Or he’s meant to have glass between the “mask” and his face, but you just can’t see it? I’ll have to check the episode before I can be sure, though.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah, I know! That episode, for some strange reason, is not easy to find. It's there, but you have to put some effort into it.

Ah...that could be it. Maybe he does have glass between the mask and the face...I need to watch that part again...And here I thought Rocket was already a big goof and a half.

(Rocket gives me glare)...oh relax, dude, I was only kidding!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by VTANGArmn22 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

I agree with Steel; this is probably an animator error. Besides the fact that that entire episode is a little weird, isn't Rocket supposed to be human...kinda like Buzz? *is making assumptions*

*chuckle* Rocket is just a little bit of a goof though. Who knows, maybe he is really something special. xDD
VTANGArmn22
VTANGArmn22

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:54 pm

(nods) I think Rocket is supposed to be human, like Buzz...except he shows his hair! xD

Maybe he is something special!...not that he needs to know that, since he'll just get a bit cocky about it...but he's still a goof. x)P

Rocket: -_-...Look who's talking.
Ty: Rolling Eyes Now you know what I have to go through with her!
Me: -_-....sheesh...can't I say anything that's funny without upsetting you two?...
Ty and Rocket: Not really. Twisted Evil Laughing
Me: Shocked ...oookay...I think I'm just going to go work on some homework...
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:42 am

heh
me: =.= They're gonna kill you in your sleep, my friend,.

And other wise~ I think its just a goof. but, they could have some kind of extra layer under the helmet, as a just-in-case for goofs like crockett? That might explain why Ty could breathe after he changed back to himself in wirewolf, on the landing port?
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Careful, you might encourage them...not that they have to know that.....(glares at Rocket and Ty, who look away not-so-innocently)

Hmm...that could be true; they could have an extra layer of protection for all we know; it's just barely visible. Either that, or it's just something the people forgot to put in! D'oh! >O<
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Pythonmelon wrote:That might explain why Ty could breathe after he changed back to himself in wirewolf, on the landing port?

Actually, that was just a completely different level of weird. In that scene, Ty turned back to normal suddenly having his full suit on, helmet and all. Which is completely weird, given that the top half of his suit was already ripped apart during his last transformation.

But that's starting to go off-topic. Carry on.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the episode again, I think the person you were thinking of was one of the scientists. When they got to their ship to escape, you see one of them climbing up the ladder with no helmet. However, this is a very quick bit, so it's easy to miss that he actually has a gas mask on:

Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Holy smokes, you're right! I never noticed that before...huh. Then...you know what? I have my own theory as to how the heck Ty managed to get his helmet on after he changed back, but we'll save that for a different topic, because it has really nothing to do with this topic.

Anywho, good eye there, ab103! Who knew they'd be using gas masks in that universe?

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 am

wow, that is a good eye!
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Wow, I never even remember seeing that guy in the episode. Well spotted, ab103!

When it comes to the oxygen mask thing, it's probably just a careless mistake - the number of times that I've noticed stuff like that in later episodes is quite staggering (e.g. in Speed Trap, when the Care-Bots jettison 42 into space, Team Lightyear just stare out of the open airlock, without helmets or anything).

The glass explanation works well though - the main visor could be like the reflective shield on an astronaut's helmet.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down