To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Did You All Hear About the Forum?

+6
Steel
Ranger-Nova
Cartoonhottie2009
Pythonmelon
Alexa
Mod
10 posters

Go down

How Did You All Hear About the Forum? Empty How Did You All Hear About the Forum?

Post by Mod Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Pretty self-explanatory.

For me, I found this forum when I first got interested into BLoSC of...this month, actually. So it's been a year since I became a fan of this show! YAY! (dances) cheers

I was browsing around looking for a forum to join in August last year when I came across the BLoSC Wiki. I joined up and helped out to edit and all that jazz whenever I could. I then found out from the BLoSC Wiki about the new forum, and from there, the rest is history! ^^

So what about the rest of ya?

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

How Did You All Hear About the Forum? Empty Re: How Did You All Hear About the Forum?

Post by Alexa Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

I was one of the ones that Steel invited to join! I've been a fan of the show for years, and I was on the XR Boards some time ago, along with the NOS-Boards, but after some incidents I moved about to another forum that shall remain nameless for the sake of privacy, where I met Steel (I think...? Correct me if I wrong, I can't remember where I met everyone...)...

Anyway... Later on, after Steel made this forum, she messaged me and I joined! Ta-dum!

I just hope I'm not as embarrassing here as I was on the other forums, though experience and maturity helps with that, I'd say.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

How Did You All Hear About the Forum? Empty Re: How Did You All Hear About the Forum?

Post by Mod Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh, you're doing fine, ab103! You're doing an awesome job of enjoying yourself here on the forum, and I know that everyone else is, too. We've got some good folks here, after all! ^^

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm

invited from DA to join ^^ thans for the invite Steel!
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 pm

I was a memeber of the XR fan club forum. Then was told to come here.
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 pm

I found the XR fan club, but it was dead by that time so I didn't join, and just read old posts. I then noticed a link there to this forum and came here. I lurked awhile, then finally got the guts to join. So glad I did! Smile
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:50 am

Well, seeing as I can't exactly say I heard of this place from somewhere, I shall share the story of how EEZ and I decided to make this forum.

We were members on the XRboards and NOSboards. I a latter Second Generation BLoSC fan, EEZ a lurker of the First Generation and a member of the Second. (I'd call you all Third Generation fans, by the way~) Our issue at the time was, pretty much, that the fandom had died. It was sad that no one was really active. Hell, we doubted that there were even that many fans left.

That's when we came up with the idea to make a new forum. One that wasn't XR or NOS or X character specific, but one that would be for the entire fandom and be free of judgement and criticism, too. We wanted people to feel free to ship whatever they want, post whatever they want, and talk about whatever they want on the show. Hence, To Infinity and Fandom was born.

We made the forum on the date "The Adventure Begins" was released. EEZ helped a lot with the graphics and I helped with the organisation, but we waited until all that was taken care of before we spread the word. Thus we hit the XRboards, the NOSboards, Livejournal, DeviantArt, the BLoSCWiki... and beyond that, we sent out individual invitations to people we knew or had heard of who liked BLoSC. We pretty much spammed the link to as much of the internet as we could!

Some declined, having moved on. Some replied, but never got back to us again. But those who replied and signed up--well, it's all of you guys! And I'm chuffed to see how much of a hit it's been since then! Maybe, just maybe, there is hope, after all. :3

Last edited by Steel on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:15 am

It's great to be here ^^ I'm glad that we got this far and hope to collect more members. It kind of made me sad that the other fandoms pretty much died -.- I've been trying to revive the NOS board with little success.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 am

I think I actually found this forum by accident. I was surfing around the internet for things about BLoSC, mostly Ty, and while searching Livejournal about half a year ago, I found the blosc_redux community, along with the link to the forum.

I kinda lurked over here occasionally, reading threads that caught my eye, then about a week ago, Ttone started pestering me about joining after a conversation about wirewolves. That pestering and a fanfic I'm planning on writing were what convinced me to join last night.
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am

@Steel: Oh, I didn't know that you and EEZ set this forum up on the date TAB came out! That's a cool way to celebrate the day the show began. And don't worry, we'll get this forum alive and well!...somehow...we'll just make it rise like a-...ah, you get the picture.

@Doc: I'm interested in hearing more of this idea of yours. You got me curious! ^^

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Fox Storm wrote:@Doc: I'm interested in hearing more of this idea of yours. You got me curious! ^^

To put it briefly, the skeleton of the plot was inspired by this picture by lallyzippo over on Deviantart.

I'll start a thread with a summary/plea for help in a few minutes so I don't bring this one off topic.
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm

[color=#b232b2 Ohh...cool! ^^ Can't wait to see it! ^^ [/color]

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by TyFan10o3 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I really don't remember what I was doing, I think it was researching something BLoSC, found the wiki, found the link and signed up a few hours later. I just don't remember what I was researching for when I did find it.
TyFan10o3
TyFan10o3

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Samus Aran Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

May as well say it sooner rather than later~

I was doing what I do, and stalking profiles on Portal Breach. I got to Steel's, and clicked the link like a true boss clicks links. Then, I decided to bring my irritating Metroid-fanboyism over here to aggravate you all into leaving the Internet forever.

In short, I came because I stalked Steel's profile and thought it'd be fun. <3
Samus Aran
Samus Aran

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Nova Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 pm

I got an invite to join about two years ago :3 and I've enjoyed being a part of this group ever since Smile
Mira Nova
Mira Nova

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down