To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sally's species

5 posters

Go down

Sally's species Empty Sally's species

Post by MC Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am

Ok..... Is it me, or does Sally resemble another infamous character on the show? Her yellow skin, her four arms and some head markings..... I think she's a female Torque. Sally has some characteristics of Torque's species but her design is more humanoid where she has two eyes, two ears, and her talons are pulled back into a pony-tail like hair.

What are your opinions???? Sally- Female version of Torque? Or Another species of alien?
MC
MC

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Sally's species Empty Re: Sally's species

Post by Mod Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Heh, funny. That's what I thought as well! I think Sally's species may be related to Torque's species, somehow. At least that's what I figure. I mean, they do have yellow skin, four arms, and brown markings.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SteffieMusings Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 am

That's a very good question.

I too noticed how similar they both looked, so maybe they are the from the same alien race?
SteffieMusings
SteffieMusings

CADET

CADET

http://twitter.com/SteffieMusings

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:51 am

That's the same with me, They look the same so much except for Sally's hair and her eyes. So naturally they must be from the same species except for the minor things. Now the question is did the designers develop her that way on purpose to relate the female figure to their other "beautiful" portrayals of other BLoSC women? Could she have been designed with 3 other eyes and sill look "appropriate?"
MC
MC

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by SteffieMusings Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:35 pm

It's a possibility that Sally was purposely designed beautifully compared to Torque. I mean, have we ever seen any other?

OTOH, it is also possible that Torque is quite ugly for his race ^^;
SteffieMusings
SteffieMusings

CADET

CADET

http://twitter.com/SteffieMusings

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:47 am

Hmmmm. The colouring is very similar, and it's always possible for her to be the female version. But she seems to have "hair" and Torque doesn't, besides his "beard". And he doesn't have ears, but "feelers", whereas Sally has definite cat-like ears.

But I think the defining fact that leaves no doubt that they are not related is Sally having two eyes and Torque having five. I seriously doubt that the females and males of the species would be so drastic as to not same the same number of eyes. Genetics don't work that way. Biology and evolution are very tricky in that. Just them sharing the same skin colour and number of limbs is like saying ants and termites are related. They are distantly related, maybe, but not enough to be termed a member of the same species.

I bet the animators were just lazy and used the same hex colour for their skin colour, derp.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:34 pm

The only way I think (and this could be stretching it) Sally and Torque being of the same species is extreme sexual dimorphism. This being, males and females look drastically different for aesthetic purposes but are relatively the same specie.

How you can argue that for this case, though... Well, good luck~!
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down