To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Booster still in the academy?

+2
levy120
Mod
6 posters

Go down

Is Booster still in the academy? Empty Is Booster still in the academy?

Post by Mod Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm

If I recall right from Wirewolf, (yeah, I love the episode, can't help it, xD), Booster mentions about how Buzz and Ty are legends back at the Academy. That got me to thinking...Do you think Booster is still in the Academy?

What I mean by that is, do you think that while he's not on missions with his friends, he still goes to classes to complete his training and become more experienced?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Is Booster still in the academy? Empty Re: Is Booster still in the academy?

Post by levy120 Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:56 pm

...I don't know.
As in, I don't know if he HAS to attent them still; but I definitely see him going to classes anyway as a sort-of hobby. Especially the Buzz-class he mentiones in the very same episode.

Heck he might even be the TEACHER of that one, with being on his team and all.

...now that's a thought.
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 pm

levy120 wrote:...I don't know.
As in, I don't know if he HAS to attent them still; but I definitely see him going to classes anyway as a sort-of hobby. Especially the Buzz-class he mentiones in the very same episode.

Heck he might even be the TEACHER of that one, with being on his team and all.

...now that's a thought.

A hobby? That would make sense, considering he's very devoted to being a Space Ranger, and he wants to be one of the best, next to Buzz. I also thought it could give him more experience since Buzz, and more or less Mira, are more experienced at their jobs. They are slightly more well-prepared than Booster, but that's because they've been at Star Command a bit longer than he has been.

...A TEACHER?....That IS a thought...

I dunno, though. He COULD be a teacher for all we know, but it doesn't seem to be his kind of thing. Who knows?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by MC Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Professor Munchapper part time professor part time space ranger?? That's an idea Very Happy

I think Booster is a recent graduate at the academy for one reason, He knows the rule book inside and out. He really doesn't know the playing field like Mira and Buzz, but he can cite rules and regulations on a dime. At the End of the Adventure Begins he kind of "graduated" by becoming a ranger with the founding of Team Lightyear.

Wonder if he majored in Buzzology XDDD
MC
MC

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by VTANGArmn22 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:04 am

I bet he didn't even have to go the Academy thanks to the events of the Adventure Begins. I'd say he has like honorary Ranger status and is getting full status through working with Buzz and the rest of the team.

I'm sure there are some classes he as to take though in his free time of course. You can't learn everything on the job.

xDD Professor Munchapper? That class would be painful for anyone that wasn't totally into whatever the subject was. Booster would make a huge deal over every little detail because he likes Buzz so much.

BUZZOLOGY?! ROFL
VTANGArmn22
VTANGArmn22

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:51 am

Technically speaking... he can't be part of the Academy. The Academy is located on Capital Planet judging by the looks of it, so Booster coming and going to it would surely have been mentioned, if he was still studying there. I think that he was referring to it as a thing of the past, because he probably went to the Academy briefly, or went back and forth between it while he worked as a janitor on Star Command. Not to mention, I think once you become a cadet, you're out of there, like Fop Doppler. And I think that a cadet is lower than a rookie, since Booster, Mira and XR are always referred to as rookies. I think rookies is just the term for first-timers, and since Mira, Booster and XR are on their first team with Buzz, they're rookies. Maybe... who knows? I wish we knew more about the ranks system.

As for still studying, yeah, I can see him do that. I bet he does that on Star Command, though. It'd be silly to think that given their technology is more advanced than ours that they couldn't access information with a mere flick of their fingers when we can do the same when we connect to the Internet.

And although him being a teacher is impossible, I can't help but snicker at him with spectacles, reciting everything Buzz has done. Ohohohohoho.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 pm

*revives topic*

Those are all good points you all brought up.

@ MC: That's true; Booster does know the rulebook inside and out, and it seems like in TAB, he got his wish to be a Space Ranger to come true as a reward for helping to save the universe in times of crisis. And Buzzology?! xD

@ VTANGArmn22: Yeah, I'm starting to think that, too, especially since Booster played a big part in saving the universe. And it's possible he's taking lessons to catch up on what he missed in the Academy.

@ Steel: That's why we made up the ranks system; it makes it easier for us, and it saves a lot of headaches. x) But I didn't think about it being it a thing of the past; it's just as well it could have been that. And he probably does study in his spare time when he's not on missions or with the team. And that'd be quite a funny sight of seeing him in spectacles. xD
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm

I'd like to address this.

Seeing as how Mira Nova, Booster, and XR are labeled rookies, they are no longer in the Academy. As with police officers, only cadets are in the Academy before graduating to become rookies.

But as for your second statement, it would be good form on ALL Space Rangers to visit the Academy and polish up their skills. In fact, many police officers go back to academies and institutes to hone their professional attributes and become better at their field. Remember, crime never takes a break and neither does justice.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down