To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Iconic About BLoSC?

4 posters

Go down

What is Iconic About BLoSC? Empty What is Iconic About BLoSC?

Post by Mod Thu May 30, 2013 4:37 pm

It's no secret that although BLoSC is a show that only 1 in 10 people know of, there are iconic things about the show itself, whether it be the characters, certain story elements, or anything else that comes to mind.

I mean, if you look at other shows, movies, animation, comics, and anything else, depending on what it is, you're liable to see a TON of icons that everyone is at least familiar with. Mickey Mouse is an icon of Disney in which, 9 times out of 10, people are going to know who Mickey Mouse is.

Or if you look at a comic like Marvel's Avengers or the X-Men. Everyone has some idea about who they are, and their costumes, when one sees them, they automatically know who or what the character is or where they came from. One example is Wolverine. His costume is iconic in that it's yellow (or brown, depending on sources), and has cooler colors. He's also iconic in that he's got a wolverine-like mask, metal claws and a snarky yet fearless attitude to match. There are other reasons why he's iconic, but I digress.

Basically, the bottom line I'm trying to get at is this: What do y'all think is iconic about BLoSC? The characters? Certain plot points? Certain lines?

I myself believe that one of the things that make the show iconic, at least in our eyes, is the notion of characters. We've got Team Lightyear, Ty, and a whole host of villains that people like and gravitate towards....no pun/joke intended. xP

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

What is Iconic About BLoSC? Empty Re: What is Iconic About BLoSC?

Post by Feral Dog Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 pm

It's definitely got characters going for it. Even background people are well-fleshed out, for a children's show.
Feral Dog
Feral Dog

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:09 am

What I find iconic about the show is probably how much thought was put into the universe and characters. The technology is set, you know what power sources they have and where they come from, and that they are limited. Some of the problems seen are also pretty realistic too, such as Mira's substance ((Power)) addiction

The characters are also set well. They all have backgrounds, rather realistic personalities, and the teams- like most real people- don't always get along and have their limits. They have personality flaws, etc.

The villains are also well made. Even though there are plenty of villains, many of them reccur. They have realistic plans of attack and actually put the characters in danger.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:59 am

Ditto with the fleshed out personalities and backgrounds. The fact that you get to actually take a look inside the planets of Tangea, Jo-Ad, and trade-world is one of things that made it memorable for me. They could have been lazy and only had things take place in/around capital planet, but they didn't.

Their space suits are very iconic. It's like how you recognize Star Trek characters or police officers by their costumes. Star Command has it's own style/architecture and culture that separates it from the rest of the people/planets.
DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down