To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1x01 - "The Torque Armada"

4 posters

Go down

How was the episode?

1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_lcap0%1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_lcap17%1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_lcap33%1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_lcap50%1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_lcap0%1x01 - "The Torque Armada" I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

1x01 - "The Torque Armada" Empty 1x01 - "The Torque Armada"

Post by Steel Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:00 am

Title: The Torque Armada
Airdate: October 2, 2000
Ep. Number: 1x01
Prod. Code: 003
Summary: Zurg locates the criminal Torque and grants him cloning abilities to defeat Buzz Lightyear, which causes problems for Team Lightyear and Capital Planet.
1x01 - "The Torque Armada" 1x01_TheTorqueArmada_zpsa209a449
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

1x01 - "The Torque Armada" Empty Re: 1x01 - "The Torque Armada"

Post by levy120 Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 am

Hum, The Torque Armada is certainly no episode that I have seen often yet - somehow it doesn't seem to hold the rewatch potential for me personally, but when I took a look at it for the Rewatch I think it was better than I had remembered it to be.

I should probably take another look at it for this poll, but as far as my memory serves it would probably be "okay".
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 pm

To me, it serves its purpose as a soft, post-Adventure Begins pilot, but if it were any later in the series, it really wouldn't do much for me. The animation is pretty average and the plot fairly formulaic... but it does introduce one of my favourite villains, and gives a little fuel to the Beer shippers Smile
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

For a first episode into a series (pilot notwithstanding), I'm not too fond of this episode as the "intro". Buzz's behavior would give a bad impression of his character to new viewers if it weren't for the fact that he's an adaption of TS Buzz, considering that I can't recall him acting so brash and somewhat angry during most of the series as he does here, save for small doses.

Going by production order, "NOS-4-A2" would had made a much better intro episode for the fact that it helps sets up the characters (Mira still called "Princess" as a method to first reveal this fact to the audience, the way the characters first show up in the episode is in a manner that well introduces their personalities to a new audience, and there's the constant establishment of Zurg as an Evil Emperor again as a method to first reveal this fact, the good animation to draw people in, etc.).

Torque Armada would have served better as an episode if "NOS-4-A2" aired first and this one soon after. But, even so, the animation isn't particularly spectacular, Zurg seems much more malicious than he does in most other episodes, and I'm not fond of Buzz's behavior as I mentioned before. However, this serves well to give explanation for Torque's powers, which is always a good thing considering how much goes unexplained in this series.

Also, I think Zurg's voice is a little off in this episode, if I recall right? I don't think they quite had the full grip on how to make Zurg's voice just yet, it being such an early episode. Same with the Grubs, now that I'm listening to a few clips of it. (I find this strange considering that my example episode of "NOS-4-A2" has Zurg's voice much better made despite being an earlier production number? Maybe the order they voiced the episodes in a different order than they produced them.)

I voted yesterday as "So-So" and I think I'll stick to that vote.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down