To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

2 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only) - Page 15 Empty Re: Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:15 am

Fox Storm wrote:
The Healer tried to hide a giggle at Alfred's childlike behavior. "Well, THAT rant aside, Time does have the best of intentions. He always makes sure that everything is as it should be, and I trust him, despite the fact that I may not always understand his plans. YOU were given the opportunity to look at the past for a reason, just as I was given the chance to see the near future to serve a greater purpose."

Her voice took on a more serious shade. "But...there are times when I even wonder if it is worth looking into the future. There are things that I have seen that I have never cared to look into...but I know that despite everything that I have seen, and everything that will happen, I know that is for a higher purpose. You said that Time was one of your patron deities...well, for me, he is my leader...and much more of a leader than I could ever be..." She trailed off at that.

Alfred crossed his arms and frowned. "You, of all people, have doubts in yourself? I find that odd. If Time granted you the ability to know the future, then I would think it's because you know how to handle the information, even when you happen to learn something you probably regret learning. And let me tell you, one should never try to compare themselves to someone like Time. That guy is all-powerful for a reason. He's better than us in pretty much every way, and if I let something like that get to me, he'd rub it in my face every time I encountered him. I think you'd avoid that fate because you're a woman that he favors... But still, I'm sure you can't be that bad of a leader... Right...?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only) - Page 15 Empty Re: Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred crossed his arms and frowned. "You, of all people, have doubts in yourself? I find that odd. If Time granted you the ability to know the future, then I would think it's because you know how to handle the information, even when you happen to learn something you probably regret learning. And let me tell you, one should never try to compare themselves to someone like Time. That guy is all-powerful for a reason. He's better than us in pretty much every way, and if I let something like that get to me, he'd rub it in my face every time I encountered him. I think you'd avoid that fate because you're a woman that he favors... But still, I'm sure you can't be that bad of a leader... Right...?"

The Healer sighed sadly. "It is not that I doubt my ability to be able to see into the future...it is sometimes WHAT I do about it that causes me to think second thoughts, for me and my people."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The Healer sighed sadly. "It is not that I doubt my ability to be able to see into the future...it is sometimes WHAT I do about it that causes me to think second thoughts, for me and my people."

Alfred furrowed his brow. "I'm afraid I don't understand..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:41 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred furrowed his brow. "I'm afraid I don't understand..."

The Healer didn't respond right away. Instead, she stood up and went over to Ty's bedside, looking down onto the Ranger's slumbering face, Alfred watching her. Then, with some hesitation, she slowly pulled the covers off of him to see his bandages. She took in a brief but sharp intake breath at seeing Ty's heavily bandaged chest and waist...the wounds were deep. The Healer placed the covers back over him and sighed once again.

She turned to Alfred and explained, "You must know one thing about me, Alfred Cosmic. I always try to do what is right for my people and for my loved ones. I have the power to look into the future and see what becomes of them. I have to make decisions on whether to intervene, or to let things be. I like to think that every decision I made was ALWAYS the right one...but I know that is never possible. Even though I usually make good decisions...there HAVE been times when I, too, have my doubts about certain choices, AND times when I have been wrong. I am HIGHLY aware of what the consequences are when I decide what to do about certain things. But I can't second guess myself because I need to carry on my strength and provide all that is necessary for others. Even if it means my safety will be at risk. That is the mark of the Healer, Alfred. A Healer must put aside EVERYTHING to give aid to others..." She sat down again, placing a hand on her masked brow.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The Healer didn't respond right away. Instead, she stood up and went over to Ty's bedside, looking down onto the Ranger's slumbering face, Alfred watching her. Then, with some hesitation, she slowly pulled the covers off of him to see his bandages. She took in a brief but sharp intake breath at seeing Ty's heavily bandaged chest and waist...the wounds were deep. The Healer placed the covers back over him and sighed once again.

She turned to Alfred and explained, "You must know one thing about me, Alfred Cosmic. I always try to do what is right for my people and for my loved ones. I have the power to look into the future and see what becomes of them. I have to make decisions on whether to intervene, or to let things be. I like to think that every decision I made was ALWAYS the right one...but I know that is never possible. Even though I usually make good decisions...there HAVE been times when I, too, have my doubts about certain choices, AND times when I have been wrong. I am HIGHLY aware of what the consequences are when I decide what to do about certain things. But I can't second guess myself because I need to carry on my strength and provide all that is necessary for others. Even if it means my safety will be at risk. That is the mark of the Healer, Alfred. A Healer must put aside EVERYTHING to give aid to others..." She sat down again, placing a hand on her masked brow.

"Oh..." Alfred frowned, mulling over the Healer's words. He wasn't sure what to say to her, if anything. He couldn't relate this kind of problem, he didn't know the woman that well... He didn't even know what exactly Time wanted her to do... "I don't know what to say..." he admitted at last.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Oh..." Alfred frowned, mulling over the Healer's words. He wasn't sure what to say to her, if anything. He couldn't relate this kind of problem, he didn't know the woman that well... He didn't even know what exactly Time wanted her to do... "I don't know what to say..." he admitted at last.

She let out a harsh and world weary chuckle. "I wasn't expecting you to. I was merely expressing my own inner struggles."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
She let out a harsh and world weary chuckle. "I wasn't expecting you to. I was merely expressing my own inner struggles."

"We all have struggles then, it seems..." Alfred sighed. "Some more than others... But... Honestly... Who are you...? You have all this power and responsibility, yet you for some reason chose to watch after us... May I at least have a hint about how you might relate to any of us...?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:26 pm

ab103 wrote:

"We all have struggles then, it seems..." Alfred sighed. "Some more than others... But... Honestly... Who are you...? You have all this power and responsibility, yet you for some reason chose to watch after us... May I at least have a hint about how you might relate to any of us...?"

"..." At first, the Healer was completely unresponsive, like she had been caught dead doing something illegal, and was trying to cover it up. But what happened next made Alfred very confused.

The Healer started laughing.

Not her usual motherly chuckle, but a real joyful laughter. After a few minutes of laughing, she responded, "You honestly don't expect me to answer that, do you?"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"..." At first, the Healer was completely unresponsive, like she had been caught dead doing something illegal, and was trying to cover it up. But what happened next made Alfred very confused.

The Healer started laughing.

Not her usual motherly chuckle, but a real joyful laughter. After a few minutes of laughing, she responded, "You honestly don't expect me to answer that, do you?"

"...It was worth a shot, wasn't it?" Alfred pouted and crossed his arms, turning away childishly. "You didn't have to laugh like that..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:38 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...It was worth a shot, wasn't it?" Alfred pouted and crossed his arms, turning away childishly. "You didn't have to laugh like that..."

The Healer replied lightheartedly, "Well, I had no choice. I didn't expect you to ask that question, although I did suspect that you and the others were wondering about my identity. It caught me off guard for you to ask me that right here and now. I haven't been caught off guard like that for a LONG time...not since I was young and spirited, like yourself."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The Healer replied lightheartedly, "Well, I had no choice. I didn't expect you to ask that question, although I did suspect that you and the others were wondering about my identity. It caught me off guard for you to ask me that right here and now. I haven't been caught off guard like that for a LONG time...not since I was young and spirited, like yourself."

"...But, you're still not going to answer," Alfred inferred. He sighed. "Will we ever know? You can answer THAT at least, right?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:51 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...But, you're still not going to answer," Alfred inferred. He sighed. "Will we ever know? You can answer THAT at least, right?"

The Healer tipped her head to the side, as if she were thinking over his words in a mild manner. "Hmm, yes. You and the others will know who I am in the future. Although I won't say WHEN, so don't ask. But it WILL happen."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The Healer tipped her head to the side, as if she were thinking over his words in a mild manner. "Hmm, yes. You and the others will know who I am in the future. Although I won't say WHEN, so don't ask. But it WILL happen."

Alfred sighed and nodded. "Fair enough... It will bother me until I find out, but fair enough. And I'm sure that Time's planning on keeping this information from me.... Chyst, I hate not knowing things..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:03 pm

ab103 wrote:
Alfred sighed and nodded. "Fair enough... It will bother me until I find out, but fair enough. And I'm sure that Time's planning on keeping this information from me.... Chyst, I hate not knowing things..."

"Well, if it may help, you may consider things this way; there are things YOU are aware of that I am not, and vice versa. And there are things I know about Ty and Simone that you may have some knowledge on."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"Well, if it may help, you may consider things this way; there are things YOU are aware of that I am not, and vice versa. And there are things I know about Ty and Simone that you may have some knowledge on."

"...Okay, fine. That makes sense." Alfred pulled out his pocket watch and checked the time, making his best estimate for when they would get to Star Command. "...What's going to happen when we get back? I mean... To Star Command. I don't want to go back just yet, I'm still worried about what will happen if I have to be around them again..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...Okay, fine. That makes sense." Alfred pulled out his pocket watch and checked the time, making his best estimate for when they would get to Star Command. "...What's going to happen when we get back? I mean... To Star Command. I don't want to go back just yet, I'm still worried about what will happen if I have to be around them again..."

She replied in her signature commanding tone,"Leave that to me." She stood up and looked down on Alfred. "Strider and I will come aboard Star Command with you and the others, and I will personally vouch for you. Even IF the Rangers refuse to believe me, I will at least have them consider your actions as something worth respecting. And of course, there IS the mentioning of hypocrisy, but you don't need me to elaborate on that."

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
She replied in her signature commanding tone,"Leave that to me." She stood up and looked down on Alfred. "Strider and I will come aboard Star Command with you and the others, and I will personally vouch for you. Even IF the Rangers refuse to believe me, I will at least have them consider your actions as something worth respecting. And of course, there IS the mentioning of hypocrisy, but you don't need me to elaborate on that."

Alfred looked back up at the Healer and, after a short pause, nodded. "Thank you. I really appreciate the help."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

ab103 wrote:
Alfred looked back up at the Healer and, after a short pause, nodded. "Thank you. I really appreciate the help."

She once again bowed her head in acknowledgement."It is my pleasure. Now...I shall leave you alone with your thoughts. But before I leave, there is something you should know about the future."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
She once again bowed her head in acknowledgement."It is my pleasure. Now...I shall leave you alone with your thoughts. But before I leave, there is something you should know about the future."

"Is there? Is there really?" Alfred frowned, brow furrowed in concern. "I'm kept from knowing the future for a reason, madam. I trust your judgement, but are you quite certain that I should know what Time doesn't permit me?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:01 pm

ab103 wrote:
"Is there? Is there really?" Alfred frowned, brow furrowed in concern. "I'm kept from knowing the future for a reason, madam. I trust your judgement, but are you quite certain that I should know what Time doesn't permit me?"

"I am certain. Otherwise, I wouldn't be explaining it to you. What you should know about the future is that many questions about your relationship with Ty WILL be answered...and Ty WILL come to fully trust you again, in the most unlikely of times. AND your questions about me will be answered at the same moment. That is all I will say."

She turned to leave and head out the door, before glancing over her shoulder and saying, "I or one of my warriors will inform you when we have reached Star Command."

She went out the door and disappeared entirely, leaving Alfred alone with Ty.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"I am certain. Otherwise, I wouldn't be explaining it to you. What you should know about the future is that many questions about your relationship with Ty WILL be answered...and Ty WILL come to fully trust you again, in the most unlikely of times. AND your questions about me will be answered at the same moment. That is all I will say."

She turned to leave and head out the door, before glancing over her shoulder and saying, "I or one of my warriors will inform you when we have reached Star Command."

She went out the door and disappeared entirely, leaving Alfred alone with Ty.

A few hours later, Alfred was lying back on one of the spare medical beds, twiddling his thumbs and trying to keep himself from going insane from boredom. Ty was still asleep, they still weren't at Star Command yet, and he had already done most of the thinking he needed to do. See, this is why he hated the speed limits in Gamma. It took forever to get anywhere in this galaxy...
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:52 pm

ab103 wrote:
A few hours later, Alfred was lying back on one of the spare medical beds, twiddling his thumbs and trying to keep himself from going insane from boredom. Ty was still asleep, they still weren't at Star Command yet, and he had already done most of the thinking he needed to do. See, this is why he hated the speed limits in Gamma. It took forever to get anywhere in this galaxy...

But his boredom was about to come to an end.

Ty suddenly groaned, as if he were having a nightmare. Sweat started to form across his brow, and he gritted his teeth in pain. He gripped the bed sheets underneath him, although Alfred couldn't see it, as he continued to groan.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
But his boredom was about to come to an end.

Ty suddenly groaned, as if he were having a nightmare. Sweat started to form across his brow, and he gritted his teeth in pain. He gripped the bed sheets underneath him, although Alfred couldn't see it, as he continued to groan.

Alfred looked over at Ty and immediately got off the bed he was lying on. He frowned, not quite sure what he was supposed to do. He didn't know what was wrong with Ty, but it seemed to be a nightmare. He supposed he could use his monocle to see what Ty was dreaming about, but that would be an invasion of privacy. No, he'd be better off seeing if there were anyone nearby who'd might be able to do something.

Though, he was curious...
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:24 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred looked over at Ty and immediately got off the bed he was lying on. He frowned, not quite sure what he was supposed to do. He didn't know what was wrong with Ty, but it seemed to be a nightmare. He supposed he could use his monocle to see what Ty was dreaming about, but that would be an invasion of privacy. No, he'd be better off seeing if there were anyone nearby who'd might be able to do something.

Though, he was curious...

Ty himself was dreaming about the past: his past with Alfred (particularly one incident where he and Alfred were near a lake, and Ty received pneumonia), the wirewolf past, and his most recent events, from the time of knowing Alfred's secrets to present day...

None of them noticed that one seeker bot remained hidden in the clouds, waiting for the right moment to strike. While the small group greeted the backup group, the seeker bot shot out a giant green laser out at Strider and Alfred!

Luckily, Ty's ears heard it first and he turned to face the source of the whistling sound. He gasped and saw it was heading towards Strider and Alfred. He did the only thing he could think of at that moment.

"NO!" He flew up to Strider and Alfred and shoved them out of the way...

But his action had cost him dearly as he screamed in horrible pain. Everyone watched in horror as the laser blast hit him in the chest and waist, burning through his suit and into his skin.

The shot had also reached his one of his wings, destroying his ability to fly, and he starting plummeting down to the earth.

Meanwhile, Pixel, who was asleep in the room next door, JOLTED out of her sleep to the sound of a LOUD groan. She was immediately on all fours and on the alert, her ears twitching on all sides. She heard the scream again and realized who that groan belonged to. "TY!" She turned around to face Simone's bed and felt indecisive if she should wake her or not.

But the next scream was even louder, and Pixel made up her mind. She tugged at Simone's blankets, yelling at her to wake up. At first, Simone was half-asleep but when she heard about Ty screaming, she JUMPED out of bed and ran into the next room, Pixel tracing after her.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty himself was dreaming about the past: his past with Alfred (particularly one incident where he and Alfred were near a lake, and Ty received pneumonia), the wirewolf past, and his most recent events, from the time of knowing Alfred's secrets to present day...

None of them noticed that one seeker bot remained hidden in the clouds, waiting for the right moment to strike. While the small group greeted the backup group, the seeker bot shot out a giant green laser out at Strider and Alfred!

Luckily, Ty's ears heard it first and he turned to face the source of the whistling sound. He gasped and saw it was heading towards Strider and Alfred. He did the only thing he could think of at that moment.

"NO!" He flew up to Strider and Alfred and shoved them out of the way...

But his action had cost him dearly as he screamed in horrible pain. Everyone watched in horror as the laser blast hit him in the chest and waist, burning through his suit and into his skin.

The shot had also reached his one of his wings, destroying his ability to fly, and he starting plummeting down to the earth.

Meanwhile, Pixel, who was asleep in the room next door, JOLTED out of her sleep to the sound of a LOUD groan. She was immediately on all fours and on the alert, her ears twitching on all sides. She heard the scream again and realized who that groan belonged to. "TY!" She turned around to face Simone's bed and felt indecisive if she should wake her or not.

But the next scream was even louder, and Pixel made up her mind. She tugged at Simone's blankets, yelling at her to wake up. At first, Simone was half-asleep but when she heard about Ty screaming, she JUMPED out of bed and ran into the next room, Pixel tracing after her.

Alfred barely managed to step out of the way when Simone and Pixel bolted into the room. "Oh, thank goodness, I was just about to go get you! I think Ty's having a nightmare, but he also seems to be in pain..." He trailed off, realizing that everything he said was evident already and the other two weren't really paying attention to what he was saying. He just stayed out of the way, letting Simone take care of her boyfriend patient.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next