To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfred Cosmic

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alfred Cosmic - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfred Cosmic

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:16 pm

(looks at edit) (laughs) That's awesome! Neat freaks for the win! xD

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Indeed! That's why Alfred would make a horrible ranger. XD Just throw some dirt on the ground in front of him and he'd have to stop to clean it. I'm sure he'd absolutely refuse to go to Tradeworld because of that.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:53 pm

ab103 wrote:Indeed! That's why Alfred would make a horrible ranger. XD Just throw some dirt on the ground in front of him and he'd have to stop to clean it. I'm sure he'd absolutely refuse to go to Tradeworld because of that.

Yeah, I can see him doing that! xD He'd HATE going to Tradeworld. He reminds me of Double D from Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy-a bit finicky on messes. xD
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Double D, huh? XD I never thought of that! Unfortunately, Alfred is no where near as nice as Double D. Well, he has his moments, but still not often enough. <3

EDIT: SUPERIOR! I got the 1000th! >D I wasn't even trying!
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

ab103 wrote:Double D, huh? XD I never thought of that! Unfortunately, Alfred is no where near as nice as Double D. Well, he has his moments, but still not often enough. <3

EDIT: SUPERIOR! I got the 1000th! >D I wasn't even trying!

Yeah, Double D's a real sweetheart. I'd hate to see what would happen if Alfred and Double D met up! xD

You did!? Well, congrats! (throws confetti into air) We did it! We did it! WOOT! Very Happy

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Edited the first post again. (See all EDIT2's)

I added weight (no actual number because I can't do math), an Ability and Aptitude point, and another Weakness point. I remembered to include XR and XL under Family, added to his Personality, and added some more detail to his background story, plus a link to a story referenced in it.

I'll get that information on his monocle compiled and up later today (Friday, 11-25) at earliest, but it might be later since I have a thing to go to in the morning which will last through 'til four or five PM.

Hopefully I won't need to keep adding edits to Alfred's profile, but that's what happens since I forget things and since characters develop and update over time... Sorry, folks.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 pm

*bites tongue* i love this guy, its official~

man he's got to hate having XL and XR for brothers
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Yay~! Glad you love him~!

Well, it's more love than anything else for XR and XL. Alfred really loves robots and he especially loves talking about robots to annoy Commander Nebula, so he loves the fact that Nebula has two robot "sons" and agrees that they are his brothers, because he agrees that they are and because he likes how annoyed it makes Nebula. And, having a soft spot for most robots, he really likes them. He does find them annoying at times, depending on what they do, and he's upset that he's not allowed to explore their programming, but other than that...

Likely, if they were organic instead of robots THEN he would hate them (more or less). XD
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:52 pm

yeah~

and interessting. i would probably prefer robots over organics too. heh~
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 am

(Prepare for a lot of colons...) I posted the following on Live Journal, but here it is here as well:

These are my notes on Alfred's monocle. If anything is confusing, ask and I will try to explain it. At the end, there is a short explanation on how the monocle will be used to affect the BLoSC universe:

How it works:

The device in Alfred's monocle is built using a controlled black hole.

Connections through the black hole allow the direct access to the timeline, as well as the near-infinite space to hold those connections.

The control keeps the black hole from expanding and drawing in any more, forming a kind of antibubble around it self that keeps everything out and the black hole in.

The controlled black hole/antibubble is incased within an Teranian discovered alloy that is difficult to break through and requires a long time to deteriorate (described as "practically invincible").

Connections from the black hole are transmitted to specific programmed receiving lines which Alfred has running through the rim of the monocle, along with an activation switch.

The lines connect to the display screen made of a Teranian crystal, cut to fit into the monocle.

The crystal is necessary as the display screen, since it is the only thing with the properties to allow images of the time line to show.

Thoughts are transmitted to control the display through absorption of brain waves into the crystal lens of the monocle.

The crystal is also needed to absorb these brain waves.

When the ZTQ line was using the crystal and device, thoughts were in the form of electrical pulses similar to brain waves that were absorbed into the crystal for the display.

Connection wires were added from the display to the processor of the ZTQ line. Alfred can use something similar to connect the monocle to a computer to display what is being shown on the monocle, though the monocle still needs to be close enough for someone's brain waves (or electrical pulses) are their to affect what is being displayed. It only uses the thoughts of whoever is closest and within a certain distance, so since Alfred wears it, it's closest to him and only shows his thoughts.

How it displays:

Events are seen like a video, but anything not physically present to give information (such as a clock telling the time or a documentation of some sort) is seen as an implied display at the bottom of the lens with ribbons of different colors and patterns that all mean something but takes experience to determine what it means.

Using it:
Using the monocle takes practice since it responds to thought. If you want information on something, but you start thinking of something else, you suddenly gain all the information specified by your stray thought and not necessarily what you originally intended.

What Alfred did was practice thinking of multiple things, but only keep certain thoughts open to his monocle while the rest are blocked, but still going on. Like a wall surrounding three-fourths of a city with the city representing thoughts. Everything is going on in the city, but only one-fourth is open to for the outside (or monocle) to see.

How this affects BLoSC:

After Alfred finally went back to see his father again, Commander Nebula demanded to know everything that had happened to Alfred since he ran away. Alfred told him most of everything, and Commander Nebula let him skip over a few things, but one thing he didn't let Alfred skip over was why he was suddenly wearing a monocle, of all things.

Alfred had kept the function of his monocle a secret from everyone and was not willing to tell Commander Nebula until Nebula threatened to not help him with the problem he was having (this will be further explained in a future story, don't worry. It's purposely vague right now for a reason). Alfred relented and told Nebula exactly how he got the monocle, what he uses it for, etc.

Nebula was not very happy to know that the monocle grants the user all the information one could want and told Alfred to get rid of it to prevent it from being used for evil (he was also unhappy with what Alfred was using it for, but...). Alfred downright refused, since he needs to use his monocle for most things. Nebula instead decided to enforce a rule that Alfred is not allowed to be caught using the monocle on Star Command.

Nebula also added that Alfred has to remain on Star Command and work there after he finishes helping him, one of the reasons being that he wants Alfred to learn not to use the stupid thing to cheat at life.

(Other reasons include wanting his son to be close by (collective 'aww'), wanting to make sure his son doesn't do anything evil, etc.)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:27 am

I think I get it...
Man the temptation to use that thing for evil must really be crushing.

The collective aaaww at the end was much needed ;D. I really like this character *will officially fan Alfred forever*
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 am

Oh, you have no idea how crushing of a temptation it is. XD

Yay! Alfred has a fan! I'm glad. 83 Thank you for liking him, it really makes me happy to know!
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:15 am

Glad to see such good OC's! Ur very welcome ^^~

~A good villain... er, half villain (tempted) is always my favorite kind of character. or simply someone beaten with temptation
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next