To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfred Cosmic

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alfred Cosmic Empty Alfred Cosmic

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Okay, I typed this up very quickly and I may have skipped on vital information. If you want anything explained further, let me know, and I'll try my best. I may have also gotten some information wrong here, and may accidentally contradict it later.

This is actually an original character of mine that I write my own stories for, but I like to use him in the BLoSC universe, so I tried to fix my information on him to reflect that.
http://greggarrets.deviantart.com/art/2011-7DS-Alfred-Cosmic-217143350

Name: Alfred Cosmic
Nicknames: Alfred, Fred by certain cousins, Freddie-boy by someone he hates
Height: Tall. ...Yes.
EDIT2: Weight: Average for his height. Not as muscular or "top heavy" as most of the other humans out in Star Command though (corset theory, anyone?).
Species/Race: Human
Marital Status: Was married. Rather not talk about it.
DOB: March 14th
Birth Place: New Ora (Planet in the Beta quadrant, or whatever (I prefer to call it a galaxy. D8))
Residence: On a MOON BASE! >D Unlisted moon, considered to be in New Ora's borders.
Occupation: Owns a technology company in Beta, Cosmic Technology
Social Class: Very up there, because he's a jerk. ;P
Economic Class: Rich. His tech company is one of the best in Beta
Alignment: Very questionable

Abilities and Aptitudes:
- Intelligent and great with technology
- Can be a sharp shooter, but only when he actually remembers that it's a good time to fire a gun
EDIT2: - ((Can't believe I didn't put this earlier...)) Using stolen crystals and technology, Alfred fashioned a monocle that is connected to the "time-line" and, therefore, has information on everything and anything that is connected to the normal time-line. I will type up an explanation of how this works and how it relates to the BLoSC world, later, and I'll post it on livejournal.

Hobbies and Talents:
- Loves to work with robots, especially those with human-like personality (which tend to be more common in Gamma than Beta.)

Weaknesses:
- Weeeeak! Not physically strong.
- Does stupid things for laughs and has to weasel his way out of trouble
- Will do almost anything for something sweet
- His monocle is the source of his power (knowledge). Without it, he is very pathetic and doesn't know what to do and when.
EDIT: - MASSIVE clean freak. Not so much a germaphobe (except for the worse diseases), but absolutely hates any sort of mess or anything remotely considered disgusting. If he sees a mess, he will be very antsy and distracted until it is clean. If he's the one to clean the mess, he will often go too far, leading to not just the mess but the entire room/area being spot-free if he's given the chance.
EDIT2: - Does stupid things because he sometimes forgets common sense. Example (from the Crying Wolf RP): "'...And you're one to talk about having paws!' Clearly, Alfred's common sense of "do not anger the thing that can rip you to shreds" was not kicking in at the moment."

Personal Facts:
Greatest friends: None, really.
Other friends: See above. He's quite the jerk. It's a wonder people tolerate him.
Rivals: Anyone who tries to make better technology than him. (Has a slight grudge against Buzz Lightyear)
Enemies: Anyone who tries to make better technology than him AND hates him for being so much better.
Known relatives: Commander Nebula (father), XR and XL (brothers), Ty Parsec (cousin of some sort)

Dislikes: Being knocked down a few pegs or upstaged
Gourmet of choice: Cake, the fancy kind
Beverage: Tea, the GOOD kind

Personality:
Okay, I cannot stress this enough. HE IS A JERK. He is manipulative and will do everything he can to get his way and it's rumored he's trying to take over the galaxy as a side project. However, he does have a "heart of gold" in that he does try to help those he likes (Mira, XR, XL, sometimes Ty when in the mood). He's also very lonely and wants to try and get back in Commander Nebula's good graces, seeing how his relationship with his father is rather strained. EDIT2: If he doesn't like someone, he usually treats them neutrally. There are few people he dislike, but most of them are people who have, in some way, bested him or obviously could, whether they know it or not (such as Buzz). Regardless of how he feels for the person, he will often mock or manipulate them, depending on which suits his needs better and whether or not he thinks he can get away with it.

Background story:
When Alfred was a child, he met a pretty girl and ran away with her to her home planet. Why would he do this, you ask? Well, he was upset with his father and thought that "he wouldn't care". Anyway, this girl turned out to be Princess Releta Solar Cosmic of Terania, but Alfred didn't care and was madly in love with her regardless.

In a related by not important incident, while on Terania, some royals form other planets would sometimes visit. Once, King Nova and his young daughter Mira visited. Alfred and Mira became friends (not that she remembers him in the present) and King Nova had to pretend to be nice to him (EDIT2: reclassifying Alfred as a low-ranking Teranian instead of a human-monkey) to not offend the Teranian royalty (simultaneously conning Alfred into being a on-off guard for Mira, a position Alfred respects to this day). (EDIT2: For this story, go to the following (Alfred-centric): http://blueglows.livejournal.com/19218.html )

Alfred and Releta grew up, ran away from Terania, and eloped, staying together for a good solid year. During this year, Alfred began to start work on developing his own technology company. After this year was over, Releta returned to her planet and Alfred was forbidden from ever returning, for reasons he can't understand. I don't know, Alfred, maybe it had something to do with the crystals and technology you stole from Terania that you fashioned into a monocle that allows you to know almost anything you want at any given moment?

Alfred used this monocle to gain power in Beta, but as the years went by, he kinda grew more childish and turned into somewhat of a jerk. After some bad dealings with the "evil" side of things, he had to turn to his father for help.

His father, who happens to be Commander Nebula of all people, wasn't exactly happy that his son grew up to be the borderline evil technology company owner he was, and certainly wasn't happy with the fact that it took him so long to actually return home. (Nebula knew that "Alfred Cosmic" was his son, but he realized that Alfred was being too stubborn to come home. Nebula stopped worrying (though he has been worried about whether Alfred would turn "completely evil) and steadily grew more and more annoyed that it took Alfred so long to actually reveal himself). The bad dealings were taken care of, for the exchange that Alfred work on Star Command as a technician. He also isn't allowed to use his "all-knowing monocle" while on Star Command though he tries to cheat and use it whenever possible.

Alfred, now reunited with his father and thrilled to have two robotic brothers ("Don't encourage them!" Nebula tells him), also reunites with Princess Mira Nova (who, as I said before, doesn't actually remember who he is) and his cousin Ty, whom he had always had a type of "sibling rivalry" with and likes to "bully him with love" (but helps out, when he wants to).

EDIT3: Information on his monocle can be found here: [clicky-clicky]

---

Let me apologize for whoever hates the fact that I made him related to CN, XR, XL, Ty, AND know Mira when she was younger.

Last edited by Alexa on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Alfred Cosmic Empty Re: Alfred Cosmic

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Oooo, he's very interesting! I like what you did here! He's got an interesting personality and a history. I can imagine Nebula having a strained relationship with a son...when they're not XR or XL, that is.

That's fine about him being related to certain characters. If YOU'RE happy with your character, and as long as you can make it work, then I don't see a problem with it. Wink

I do have one question, though. How's he related to Ty?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

They're cousins, somehow. Alfred's mother is somehow related to Ty's family. I originally thought Ty's mother and Alfred's could be sisters, but I'm not sure what anyone else would think of that. I might stick with that if you think it's a good idea. Could explain why Ty is annoyed at Buzz for saving him all the time, if it means he then looks weak in the eyes of his uncle, Nebula. And everyone knows about judgmental Nebula is. Which, in all honesty, was my original intention. Head canon, see?
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Ah. That'd be pretty neat, actually. You could do that if you want. Again, it's what YOU want. Don't worry about what other people think. As long as the character is interesting with his/her flaws and all that fun stuff, and it works well, then you're fine. Wink

That could explain the tension Ty had when Buzz was saving him before the Wirewolf incident, and the tension with Nebula, since there did seem to be some tension with Nebula and Ty in RotM.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Fox Storm wrote: That could explain the tension Ty had when Buzz was saving him before the Wirewolf incident, and the tension with Nebula, since there did seem to be some tension with Nebula and Ty in RotM.

Yes, yes! That's exactly what I mean! And, making the OC just gives me opportunity to develop these plot bunnies into an actual head canon!
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:52 pm

There ya go! Making an OC to fill in a plot bunny. It works well, methinks. Smile
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm

And, anyway, so Alfred is Ty's cousin, with their mother's being sisters. I should note that Alfred gets along well with XR and XL, if only because they're robots, and, being a person who works closely with robots for a living and hobby, he loves the fact that Nebula has robot sons (though it's probably because Nebula denies it.)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm

HA! I can see that happening! I bet Alfred takes amusement in the fact that Nebula denies that XR and XL are his sons.

And thanks for the clear up on Ty and Alfred's relations-that's interesting!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah, Alfred seems to live to make his father miserable, in many different ways. XD Kinda sad really.

And, you're welcome! I'm glad you think so! I've been working on this character's story for years, and one of the early developments had been that he's related to Ty. Because Ty is too cool a character to not have an OC related to him at some point in his existence, right? XD
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 pm

(chuckles) Yeah, it is sad. But we all have family members who drive us crazy or vice versa. I know; my brother and I drive each other crazy all the time. Razz

For years? Nice! How cool is that? Yeah, Ty is too cool a character to not have someone related to him. Actually, Simone the Space Ranger in the OC section, has a special friendship with Ty, but I won't exactly explain it too much. Let's just say she deeply admires him for his courage and selflessness, and this admiration develops over time into something else. Wink

Ty: I am awesome, aren't I?  Cool
Me: Hey, don't get cocky about it, dude! You're still a moptop!
Ty: Whatever.

Anyway, well done on his character. I'm sure we'll see a lot of cool things with him. Smile

Last edited by Mod on Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Alfred: Ty "developing over time into something else" with someone named Simone? I approve immensely!

(Inside joke, sorry. You won't get it. XD Basically, I have a character named Simon(e) that Alfred is "friends" with. By that, of course, I mean Alfred annoys them all the time. xD)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh, no! (laughs at this, though)

That is so weird! But that's so cool at the same time. I'm glad you approve, though. Thanks a bunch!^^

Actually, if you want, check out her profile. She's quite a character, if I do say so myself. I will say that after she graduated from the Academy with Ty, her admiration turned into something...sweeter.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Y'know, I actually used Simone's character profile as a template for Alfred's... I'll admit to have only skimmed it. XD I'll go back and actually read it now, don't worry.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm

(chuckles) That's okay. No worries. Smile

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 pm

I edited the profile to add an essential weakness that I somehow forgot. XD Oh, Alfred, you're such a freak.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:16 pm

(looks at edit) (laughs) That's awesome! Neat freaks for the win! xD

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Indeed! That's why Alfred would make a horrible ranger. XD Just throw some dirt on the ground in front of him and he'd have to stop to clean it. I'm sure he'd absolutely refuse to go to Tradeworld because of that.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:53 pm

ab103 wrote:Indeed! That's why Alfred would make a horrible ranger. XD Just throw some dirt on the ground in front of him and he'd have to stop to clean it. I'm sure he'd absolutely refuse to go to Tradeworld because of that.

Yeah, I can see him doing that! xD He'd HATE going to Tradeworld. He reminds me of Double D from Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy-a bit finicky on messes. xD
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Double D, huh? XD I never thought of that! Unfortunately, Alfred is no where near as nice as Double D. Well, he has his moments, but still not often enough. <3

EDIT: SUPERIOR! I got the 1000th! >D I wasn't even trying!
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

ab103 wrote:Double D, huh? XD I never thought of that! Unfortunately, Alfred is no where near as nice as Double D. Well, he has his moments, but still not often enough. <3

EDIT: SUPERIOR! I got the 1000th! >D I wasn't even trying!

Yeah, Double D's a real sweetheart. I'd hate to see what would happen if Alfred and Double D met up! xD

You did!? Well, congrats! (throws confetti into air) We did it! We did it! WOOT! Very Happy

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Edited the first post again. (See all EDIT2's)

I added weight (no actual number because I can't do math), an Ability and Aptitude point, and another Weakness point. I remembered to include XR and XL under Family, added to his Personality, and added some more detail to his background story, plus a link to a story referenced in it.

I'll get that information on his monocle compiled and up later today (Friday, 11-25) at earliest, but it might be later since I have a thing to go to in the morning which will last through 'til four or five PM.

Hopefully I won't need to keep adding edits to Alfred's profile, but that's what happens since I forget things and since characters develop and update over time... Sorry, folks.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 pm

*bites tongue* i love this guy, its official~

man he's got to hate having XL and XR for brothers
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Yay~! Glad you love him~!

Well, it's more love than anything else for XR and XL. Alfred really loves robots and he especially loves talking about robots to annoy Commander Nebula, so he loves the fact that Nebula has two robot "sons" and agrees that they are his brothers, because he agrees that they are and because he likes how annoyed it makes Nebula. And, having a soft spot for most robots, he really likes them. He does find them annoying at times, depending on what they do, and he's upset that he's not allowed to explore their programming, but other than that...

Likely, if they were organic instead of robots THEN he would hate them (more or less). XD
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:52 pm

yeah~

and interessting. i would probably prefer robots over organics too. heh~
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 am

(Prepare for a lot of colons...) I posted the following on Live Journal, but here it is here as well:

These are my notes on Alfred's monocle. If anything is confusing, ask and I will try to explain it. At the end, there is a short explanation on how the monocle will be used to affect the BLoSC universe:

How it works:

The device in Alfred's monocle is built using a controlled black hole.

Connections through the black hole allow the direct access to the timeline, as well as the near-infinite space to hold those connections.

The control keeps the black hole from expanding and drawing in any more, forming a kind of antibubble around it self that keeps everything out and the black hole in.

The controlled black hole/antibubble is incased within an Teranian discovered alloy that is difficult to break through and requires a long time to deteriorate (described as "practically invincible").

Connections from the black hole are transmitted to specific programmed receiving lines which Alfred has running through the rim of the monocle, along with an activation switch.

The lines connect to the display screen made of a Teranian crystal, cut to fit into the monocle.

The crystal is necessary as the display screen, since it is the only thing with the properties to allow images of the time line to show.

Thoughts are transmitted to control the display through absorption of brain waves into the crystal lens of the monocle.

The crystal is also needed to absorb these brain waves.

When the ZTQ line was using the crystal and device, thoughts were in the form of electrical pulses similar to brain waves that were absorbed into the crystal for the display.

Connection wires were added from the display to the processor of the ZTQ line. Alfred can use something similar to connect the monocle to a computer to display what is being shown on the monocle, though the monocle still needs to be close enough for someone's brain waves (or electrical pulses) are their to affect what is being displayed. It only uses the thoughts of whoever is closest and within a certain distance, so since Alfred wears it, it's closest to him and only shows his thoughts.

How it displays:

Events are seen like a video, but anything not physically present to give information (such as a clock telling the time or a documentation of some sort) is seen as an implied display at the bottom of the lens with ribbons of different colors and patterns that all mean something but takes experience to determine what it means.

Using it:
Using the monocle takes practice since it responds to thought. If you want information on something, but you start thinking of something else, you suddenly gain all the information specified by your stray thought and not necessarily what you originally intended.

What Alfred did was practice thinking of multiple things, but only keep certain thoughts open to his monocle while the rest are blocked, but still going on. Like a wall surrounding three-fourths of a city with the city representing thoughts. Everything is going on in the city, but only one-fourth is open to for the outside (or monocle) to see.

How this affects BLoSC:

After Alfred finally went back to see his father again, Commander Nebula demanded to know everything that had happened to Alfred since he ran away. Alfred told him most of everything, and Commander Nebula let him skip over a few things, but one thing he didn't let Alfred skip over was why he was suddenly wearing a monocle, of all things.

Alfred had kept the function of his monocle a secret from everyone and was not willing to tell Commander Nebula until Nebula threatened to not help him with the problem he was having (this will be further explained in a future story, don't worry. It's purposely vague right now for a reason). Alfred relented and told Nebula exactly how he got the monocle, what he uses it for, etc.

Nebula was not very happy to know that the monocle grants the user all the information one could want and told Alfred to get rid of it to prevent it from being used for evil (he was also unhappy with what Alfred was using it for, but...). Alfred downright refused, since he needs to use his monocle for most things. Nebula instead decided to enforce a rule that Alfred is not allowed to be caught using the monocle on Star Command.

Nebula also added that Alfred has to remain on Star Command and work there after he finishes helping him, one of the reasons being that he wants Alfred to learn not to use the stupid thing to cheat at life.

(Other reasons include wanting his son to be close by (collective 'aww'), wanting to make sure his son doesn't do anything evil, etc.)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next