To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs that Best Describe Characters

+4
Alexa
Pythonmelon
Steel
Mod
8 posters

Go down

Songs that Best Describe Characters Empty Songs that Best Describe Characters

Post by Mod Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

What songs do you think best describe some characters? It occurred to me that a lot of folks have done videos with songs to certain BLoSC characters on Youtube, but as far as I know, no one has really discussed which songs best describe the characters. So..what are your thoughts?

For me, as a Ty Parsec fan, (you knew it was coming, lol), I would say....one song that describes him is...

"You Can't Take Me" by Bryan Adams from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. He's not as stubborn as Spirit, but he does seem to have an incredible strong will to never give into despair, and he is also a very strong determined person, always striving to fulfill his desire no matter the cost.

I have a few fan characters I have thought of songs for them as well, but I may talk about them in the art forum, since I'm not sure how people will react to one of the fan characters.

But one character I can talk about is my version of the Protector, seen in the art forum. His song, or theme, would be Oki's Theme from Okami. He is a very old guardian who has had to deal with many universal forces all through his time, and the times of the present. He's a bit rugged and jaded in his worldviews, but he knows that he needs to give his ancestors, the Space Rangers, the same hopes he had when he and his fellow warriors protected the galaxy.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Songs that Best Describe Characters Empty Re: Songs that Best Describe Characters

Post by Steel Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:41 am

*revives this thread too*

Oh, I loved Spirit's soundtrack! I also like the reasons you give each track to each character, especially the Protector's description. You've put a lot of thought into this! (As for fan characters, I've wondered this, but maybe I could make a new forum in the Fanworks subsection where people can talk about their OCs/fan characters?)

I've thought up of a lot of songs for characters, but they don't always fit as well as I wish they would. Zurg is really hard to find songs for, and before you say anything, no, Voltaire's "When You're Evil" song is not a Zurg song. I've seen that song used so many times it's become repetitive and tedious to listen to. No.

But I must admit that there is a song I've found for Zurg that really, really fits him. EEZ even made an AMV for it! It's Hammerfall's "Last Man Standing". Here's the video with lyrics, and here's her video. Only, sometimes I gotta facepalm at the comments. Eh, beggars can't be choosers...

I'll find more songs later! Eventually...
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Songs that Best Describe Characters Empty Re: Songs that Best Describe Characters

Post by Mod Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Steel wrote:*revives this thread too*

Oh, I loved Spirit's soundtrack! I also like the reasons you give each track to each character, especially the Protector's description. You've put a lot of thought into this! (As for fan characters, I've wondered this, but maybe I could make a new forum in the Fanworks subsection where people can talk about their OCs/fan characters?)

YAY, another Spirit fan! Whoo-hoo!...Is it me, or is that Ranger sense really kicking in today with us? This is very bizarre...

Heh, thanks. I'm glad you like it. Smile

I wanted to explain who the characters are by way of these songs, and if possible, how they think with accordance to the songs. I mean, songs usually express how one thinks or feels, right? With Ty, I think of him as a strong individual who, like Spirit, goes through a lot of crud, but he doesn't let that get to him or stop him from achieving his goals. With the Protector, since we know little to nothing about him, I would see him, if he were in the show, as a very old guardian who would be like an ancestor of the Space Rangers, and he'd be very wise yet sort of jaded, especially since he is technically older than Buzz. Heck, he'd even be older than Commander Nebula!

I think we could make a topic where people can talk about their OCs. I'm sure there are people who want to show them, but are too shy to show them.

Steel wrote:I've thought up of a lot of songs for characters, but they don't always fit as well as I wish they would. Zurg is really hard to find songs for, and before you say anything, no, Voltaire's "When You're Evil" song is not a Zurg song. I've seen that song used so many times it's become repetitive and tedious to listen to. No.

But I must admit that there is a song I've found for Zurg that really, really fits him. EEZ even made an AMV for it! It's Hammerfall's "Last Man Standing". Here's the video with lyrics, and here's her video. Only, sometimes I gotta facepalm at the comments. Eh, beggars can't be choosers...

I'll find more songs later! Eventually...[/color]

Well, to be honest, I've never really thought "When You're Evil" was a Zurg song, mainly because I've not heard it, xD. But "Last Man Standing" I have thought would describe Zurg, especially since there is this HUGE rivalry against Zurg and Buzz, and the song describes it to a T....or a Z. xD

I'll find more songs, too! Thanks for reviving the topic, BTW. Very Happy

EDIT: I thought of a song for Mira! The song is called "Supernova"! And no, it's not related to the episode, "Supernova". The song I think describes her because it's about how she discovers the world outside of the Tangean palace, and she loves the beauty of it all. She also loves the freedom she has when she's at Star Command. Mira's a very free-spirited person, who loves the wonders of the stars and she wants to explore it all!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:57 pm

man i havnt seen 'Spirit' in forever. now i have to rewatch it.

i cant remember who it's by, but someone gave me this link to a song/clip video of Nos called 'energy' and it kicked so much butt~ heres a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syfVjL4tLRU

and i havnt heard "last man standing" or "when your evil" but now i have to... lol

wait... i just watched the 'last man standing' video~ and it so fits. now i remember hearing 'when your evil' on my friends ipod and it does not go with zurg at all. partially, but no.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 am

Not sure to watch extent it works, but I always imagine Buzz when I listen to Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Hmm...it sounds good for Buzz since...well, the title's a dead giveaway. Heh.

And I just thought of another song for Ty...."Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. It's pretty much, to me, a good way of expressing most of Ty's feelings during the times he did his best to help out, but always getting the short end of the stick...that, and he WAS affected by a glowing green rock, like Superman is when he's near kryptonite. Go figure.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:26 am

FoxStorm wrote:YAY, another Spirit fan! Whoo-hoo!...Is it me, or is that Ranger sense really kicking in today with us? This is very bizarre...

I wanted to explain who the characters are by way of these songs, and if possible, how they think with accordance to the songs. I mean, songs usually express how one thinks or feels, right?
Yep, gotta love that soundtrack! and I agree, songs can really reflect characters thoughts and desires at times better than anything else can. Of course, finding a song that fits a character "just right" is really hard, if not impossible sometimes...

FoxStorm wrote:I think we could make a topic where people can talk about their OCs. I'm sure there are people who want to show them, but are too shy to show them.
I realise how old this thread is now, seeing as I read this way back and made a section for that in FanWorks, but am only no just replying to the thread that made me to that. Whoops!

FoxStorm wrote:Well, to be honest, I've never really thought "When You're Evil" was a Zurg song, mainly because I've not heard it, xD. But "Last Man Standing" I have thought would describe Zurg, especially since there is this HUGE rivalry against Zurg and Buzz, and the song describes it to a T....or a Z. xD
Ohoho! Am glad you like! I'll be sure to pass the message on to EEZ.

FoxStorm wrote:I thought of a song for Mira! The song is called "Supernova"! And no, it's not related to the episode, "Supernova". The song I think describes her because it's about how she discovers the world outside of the Tangean palace, and she loves the beauty of it all. She also loves the freedom she has when she's at Star Command. Mira's a very free-spirited person, who loves the wonders of the stars and she wants to explore it all!
I hate to ask, but who's the artist of this song? I've found various results and I'm not sure which one you're referring to... xD

Pythonmelon wrote:i cant remember who it's by, but someone gave me this link to a song/clip video of Nos called 'energy' and it kicked so much butt~ heres a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syfVjL4tLRU
Ooh, I remember seeing that once! I found it odd at first, but it kind of does fit NOS. His only real true love is... energy! xD

Pythonmelon wrote:and i havnt heard "last man standing" or "when your evil" but now i have to... lol

wait... i just watched the 'last man standing' video~ and it so fits. now i remember hearing 'when your evil' on my friends ipod and it does not go with zurg at all. partially, but no.
Hooray, glad you liked it! I'll relay it to EEZ. She will be pleased to hear you guys liked the vid!

finally, someone else who agrees with me! I dislike how people just tag the "When You're Evil" song on to any villain they find... be more creative than that, people! It's not a Zurg song at all!

Fox Storm wrote:I just thought of a theme for XR. From the Okami game, his theme would be Issun's theme-he's bouncy and can be a bit annoying, but he's got a lot of pep in him. Not to mention Issun and XR have soft spots for pretty girls. Razz
Oh gosh, that is bouncy! It sure reminds me of him, but 'cause of the oriental vibe I'm getting more of Rhizomian feeling from it, heee~!

ab103 wrote:Not sure to watch extent it works, but I always imagine Buzz when I listen to Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant.
I think it starts fitting Buzz from the middle onwards. Wow, this sounds like an oldie! When was it made?

Fox Storm wrote:And I just thought of another song for Ty...."Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. It's pretty much, to me, a good way of expressing most of Ty's feelings during the times he did his best to help out, but always getting the short end of the stick...that, and he WAS affected by a glowing green rock, like Superman is when he's near kryptonite. Go figure.
Ooh, I really liked this part: "I really don't mind what happens now and then / as long as you'll be my friend at the end." And: "you took for granted all the times I never let you down." Pretty much this part, yeah, from a swapping Buzz/Ty POV. I think this song is pretty good and reflects the relationship between Ty and Buzz quite nicely! Smile

Last edited by Steel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 am

Steel wrote:
Yep, gotta love that soundtrack! and I agree, songs can really reflect characters thoughts and desires at times better than anything else can. Of course, finding a song that fits a character "just right" is really hard, if not impossible sometimes...

Tell me about it. It can be such a big pain in the butt, but when you find a song.... it's a miracle! ^^

Steel wrote:
Ohoho! Am glad you like! I'll be sure to pass the message on to EEZ.

No worries! ^^ I will find more songs, as well. Wink

Steel wrote:
I hate to ask, but who's the artist of this song? I've found various results and I'm not sure which one you're referring to... xD

Oops! I guess I got so excited about describing the song, I forgot to mention who it was by! xD Anyway, to answer your question, the version I'm talking about is by The Echoing Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxV1cM-h8xg

Lyrics to Song: http://www.lipwalklyrics.com/lyrics/515944-theechoinggreen-supernova.html

Steel wrote:
I think [Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant] starts fitting Buzz from the middle onwards. Wow, this sounds like an oldie! When was it made?

It was made in the 1980s, around 1982, I believe.

Steel wrote:
Ooh, I really liked this part: "I really don't mind what happens now and then / as long as you'll be my friend at the end." And: "you took for granted all the times I never let you down." Pretty much this part, yeah, from a swapping Buzz/Ty POV. I think this song is pretty good and reflects the relationship between Ty and Buzz quite nicely! Smile

Good point! That is so, so true! ^^

EDIT: Song for Buzz in the Adventure Begins! "Remember the Words" by Ace of Base. Basically, what the song is about is never feeling like you're alone and that you'll always have backup, just like Buzz realized when he needed backup in TAB.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Duuuuuude, I haven't listened to Ace of Base in years. All of a sudden, I feel very nostalgic. Back in primary and junior high school, I'd listen to them almost all the time! I had to look the song up again in order to recall it, and I think it does give me an "The Adventure Begins" vibe. It also gives me a Ty vibe too, to be honest. *shot* It's a nice song that can be applied to a lot of situations in the show, I think!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Reflecting on the potential Jekyll/Hyde interpretation of Ty and the Wirewolf, I remembered this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv-Nn-yNpAQ

Another Stranger Me by Blind Guardian
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.inklingworks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Blind Guardian, oh my sweet cosmos. They're one of my absolute favourite bands, you have no idea, gnehehehe. :3

You know, the song always reminded me of someone fighting a deeper, darker side. I always thought it was more along the lines of schizophrenia, and thus gave me more of a Zurg vibe than a Ty vibe--because I think even though Ty is haunted by his experience as the wirewolf, that it wasn't enough to change who he is at the core. But then again, it doesn't exactly fit Zurg either.

But it does remind me of Ty, especially at this part:

I didn't know, I couldn't hear the answer
My mind was blank, I should've known

'Cause I imagine he could realise what he was doing attacking Buzz, but couldn't control it, etc. So... yeah, this can be a Ty song. But a far darker, more sinister version to him and his wirewolf side.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Steel wrote:Blind Guardian, oh my sweet cosmos. They're one of my absolute favourite bands, you have no idea, gnehehehe. :3

Me, too! <^__^>

Steel wrote:But it does remind me of Ty, especially at this part:

I didn't know, I couldn't hear the answer
My mind was blank, I should've known

'Cause I imagine he could realise what he was doing attacking Buzz, but couldn't control it, etc. So... yeah, this can be a Ty song. But a far darker, more sinister version to him and his wirewolf side.

It was the chorus that made me think of Ty mostly, and if BLoSC wasn't a Disney cartoon, I imagine that there would be a darker tone taken with him and the wirewolf.
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Ooh, ooh, I just had a few more songs I thought could describe more of the characters! ^^

Well, actually one of them is obvious, but the song, "Hero" by Chad Kroegar featuring Josey Scott, is a good one because it describes all the Rangers and how they try their best to make the galaxy a better place, even at the highest prices-death, fear of failure, etc.

And another song for Ty, "I Will Survive" by Stephanie Bentley, is a good song for him because the song is about how even though he's done a lot of things that have gone wrong, and even though he sometimes feels lonely, he'll never give into despair and he'll survive all that's happened to him even though he may know more things could go wrong.

And for Mira, a potential song could be for her, "Strangers Like Me" by Phil Collins or Everlife. It could describe her feelings when she ventured outside the Tangean palace walls to explore the outside world, both on her home planet and the galaxy, meeting all these people. ^^

EDIT: A potential song for Warp, at least parts of it, is "2000 Volts" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. It describes a man on the lam, and how he...well, his fate ended up sitting on a very powerful chair. These lyrics are what made me think of Warp, with his devil-may-care attitude and reputation for working with Zurg;

Broke from jail without a gun,
Public enemy number one Killed a man on the run, on the lam,
Without bail headed straight back to jail.
Nowhere else for him to go daddy-o, daddy-o

(He was born on the 4th of July the kind of guy,
When he spoke to you,
He stared you straight in the eye you know, man,
When he walked into the room,
You would feel it and man,
When he walked in the room,
It sounded like this)

He got a hundred years,
And electric chair
His final words were, I don't care

(The way the legend goes,
Is he was executed shortly after midnight
Some witnesses say he seemed to be enjoying himself
One witness said he died with a smile on his face
He was one bad, bad man)

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Surprisingly, I think I found a song for Torque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDbuOQdV5A4

From an episode of the mystery series Castle, I give you a lovely little rap number about robbing a bank. The lyrics were what got to me.
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleu_Ace Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 am

Wow, seems everyone really got into the song bit!

It's hard to find a lot of good songs that can be put into relevance with characters you know and love. And I mean GOOD songs..because lets face it..there aren't many good ones out there that we can heavily relate to.

At least Disney didn't make this show very show tune-y like they would their princess franchise.
Bleu_Ace
Bleu_Ace

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:10 pm

It seems to me that "When You're Evil" is the only reason most people even know about Voltaire at all. Kinda sad, really, when he has so many other kick-ass songs of literally all kinds (Don't believe me? I can show you. Seriously, try me.).

But anyways, I have a couple of songs that might fit characters as well.

This first one, admittedly is just plain ridiculous, but..."I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO for Warp. *shot* Every time I hear that song, Warp is the very first thing that comes to mind. Every single time.

On a more serious note, there was an AMV done for Ty to the song "Monster" by Skillet. The way the video was done, the song seems to highlight the horror that Ty feels of being the wirewolf and causing so much chaos with no control over himself.

And interestingly enough, I may have actually found something for Natron the Terrible; O Death by Jen Titus. The second half of the song, where the singers shifts into Death's POV, is particularly reminiscent of Natron, in my opinion:

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold,
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Well, I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell

My name is Death and the end is near
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

And interestingly enough, I may have actually found something for Natron the Terrible; O Death by Jen Titus. The second half of the song, where the singers shifts into Death's POV, is particularly reminiscent of Natron, in my opinion:

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold,
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Well, I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell

My name is Death and the end is near

Shocked

That seems to hit it right on the head...that describes him so well, especially the part about how nothing satisfies him except having souls....(shudders)

EDIT: on a side note, "Open Your Heart" by Crush 40, to me, describes the dynamic between Buzz and Zurg through Buzz's perspective in some parts.

You and I are same in the way that we have our own styles that we won't change
Yours is filled with evil and mine's not there is no way I can lose

And these lines as well, which I think describe Buzz perfectly well;

I don't know what it can be but you drive me crazy
All your cunning tricks make me sick, you won't have it your own way

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

There are a couple of other song suggestions that I've thought of for some other villains; for Vartkes, Robber Baron by Voltaire (see, there are other songs Voltaire has done =P) and for Zurg, Deceiver of Fools by Within Temptation.
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm

What about "Superman" by five for fighting for Buzz?

Simple and self-pitious, and it doesnt give us the whole man. But still, it magnifies that certain lonely side of Buzz - consider Buzz's reaction to the loss or even death of Dr. Furbanna! What would he do?

He would do this song I believe.

Ive been wondering about Mira as well. I cant think of a song that personifies her as of yet, but i can imagine that her mum would have sang her this song: "I Hope You Dance," by Lee Ann Womack.

That's my opinion. What do you think?
Regards,
ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity

Last edited by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Two messages end to end)

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 pm

See below.

Last edited by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Too many posts joined together)

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 pm

These are interesting songs for the characters, indeed!

Oh, before I forget, I wanted to let you know that there is a rule here on the forum that in general, double posting in discussion threads is prohibited. So in other words, two posts at one time is not acceptable. If you would like to add more to your post, just edit it and make room for more of what you would like to say.

If you would like to know more, check out this link:

https://blosc.forumotion.com/t240-posting-reminder

Just looking out for ya! I'll let it go this time, though, okay?

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Im sorry Fox Storm. I didnt mean to make trouble. Thanks for the headsup i will do this in future.

Thanks for the link! I wasnt sure how to edit my posts.

Do you like the choices? Id love an honest opinion from someone else's ears!!

Regards,
ToInfinituAndMoreInfinity

P.S. just realized how easy it was to edit a post. Incredibly embarassing...
P.P.S. if you would like to destroy the second message, please feel free. Ive edited the message before it. Thanks again. Smile

Last edited by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More to say)

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

@ToInfinityandBeyondInfinity: Hey, don't worry about it; it happens to us. Smile

Another song I've found is from the film, Princess Mononoke.

Now maybe it's just me, but the English-dubbed version of the theme song reminds me of Ty. Here's the whole song:

In the moonlight I felt your heart
Quiver like a bow string's pulse
In the moon's pale light
You looked at me

Nobody knows your heart
When the sun has gone I see you
Beautiful and haunting but cold
Like the blade of a knife
So sharp so sweet
Nobody knows your heart

All of your sorrow, grief and pain
Locked away in the forest of the night
Your secret heart belongs to the world
Of the things that sigh in the dark
Of the things that cry in the dark.

The song reminds me of Ty because when he was stationed on Canis Lunis, where there's not only fog and smoke and darkness, there is also a forest filled with little to no life aside from the fauna, and while he was there, he had to spend most of his time patrolling the grounds making sure that nothing is there to pose as a threat.

When we first meet him, we see that he is very bitter and sarcastic. But why? Well, we find out later why that is, and it gives the audience a chance to emphasize with him; we've all been at some point in our lives where we feel overshadowed and pushed into the shadows of someone, or even something, better than us. But he keeps his 'sorrow, grief and pain' in his heart, since he seems like the type of guy to keep his emotions locked up to the point where if he's not careful, as shown in his debut eppy, they'll burst out.

This is what is meant by his 'secret heart'; we know what his deepest desires, and his sadness, in his heart are, and while they don't necessarily belong to the world, per se, we, the world, can certainly see them. But Team Lightyear, save perhaps Mira, couldn't really see his heart's desires and thus, they were left in the dark...until later of course when they're brought into the light.

That's a lot to cover for one song, I know, but this really does seem to fit in with Ty, on a more personal and anguished level....Goodness I think WAY too much about this stuff...and I should be doing homework now. xD
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks for replying Fox! You'd made me feel a lot better and less like incompetence.

Yeah, I listened to this song after I read the first part of your comment but before I read the bulk of it. You're right, this song is Ty Parsec! To me, it sounds like he has an obsession and love for the beast inside himself that awakens every night, and that he's addicted to the power and invulnerability it gives him once activated. But I think it can also be further interpreted to say that he hates that he loves it, or that he both hates and loves it simultaneously!

I completely agree that it's an expression of his emotional and personal issues well beneath the surface: he gives his heart to himself and no one else, thanks a lot Buzz . . . . The problem is that his heart is destined for others - it's made to be so, and so his only way of expressing or showing his heart is in the form of it's greatest ugliness, and that only happens at night.

I'll be honest, I haven't been looking for Ty Parsec songs, but this one is fantastically canonical!

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey, no problem. Like I said, don't worry about it; it happens to us sometimes. Smile

Oooh, interesting thoughts about the song! I think those are some cool insights you have about the song and how it relates to Ty in general. I haven't thought of the song as being one about loving and hating something, but that is a neat way to interpret the song and how it fits with Ty.

Oh, yeah, I agree; his heart is destined for others. But the fact that poor Ty has so much pain and negativity locked up in his heart, completely blocked out his selflessness for awhile, that is until he had some contact with Team Lightyear and when he figured out he was the wirewolf. It was only then he showed more of his heart. Smile

Thanks! I'm glad you think it's canonical. Smile And I research WAY too many Ty Parsec songs, considering I'm a Ty fangirl. xD

I must admit, the songs you brought up about Buzz and Mira are pretty insightful to the characters! I'll give my thoughts more on it later. I gotta go now. Peace!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down