To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...A Convention?

2 posters

Go down

...A Convention? Empty ...A Convention?

Post by Olivus Prime Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 am

I know this seems unlikely (what with most of us being spread across the planet), but how cool would a BLoSC fan convention be?

Some of the events on could include:
  • Best episodes played throughout the convention (maybe a fandub as well?
  • Competitions (fanart, maybe cosplaying?)
  • Discussion sessions on episodes/characters
  • Pestering the cast/crew to be special guests
  • Merchandise showcase?

It's just an idea that came into my head a short while ago. Would you want to attend, and what would you like to see at a BLoSC convention?
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

...A Convention? Empty Re: ...A Convention?

Post by Alexa Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Considering the size of our fandom, I can only see a BLoSC convention being a small affair~. I could imagine it as being a small part of a larger convention, however. For instance, a convention showcasing a variety of Disney cartoons from our childhoods, including BLoSC~.

Personally, I would love to see cosplaying for BLoSC characters, at any convention (I go to a few every now and then, and you'd be surprised how obscure the cosplays can be~. It's marvelous to recognize where it's from).

Probably, what I'd like to see most at a convention would be other BLoSC fans. One of the conventions I went to had a panel reserved as a meet-and-greet for one of the fandoms I was in. I can envision having such a thing for BLoSC fans, though it would have to be planned right and we'd need enough fans attending the same convention for it to be successful.

BLoSC themed panels in general would be cool to see. Maybe people preforming little skits as the characters, maybe a Q and A (be it for the actual people who worked on the show, or just a live action role playing one with people as predetermined characters. Those are always fun), or maybe the discussion sessions as you said, Olivus. I wouldn't mind having a fan theory discussion as well, though we tend to do that enough here on the forum~.

There's a thought. Perhaps we could have an internet based convention, somehow. Admission would be free, wouldn't it~? Plan it on a day where many people would be free, have a schedule for when events would happen (watching some of the episodes live, a character Q and A, fan art/fiction/video contests, etc.). I think I overstayed my welcome with the strike through, but planning escaped me when I thought about it more. My apologies.

It's only 9 PM, but I'm more tired than usual for this hour due to being active earlier. 8P Sorry if this post was incoherent, and now it's time for bed~.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

Alexa wrote:I could imagine it as being a small part of a larger convention, however. For instance, a convention showcasing a variety of Disney cartoons from our childhoods ... we'd need enough fans attending the same convention for it to be successful.
Another one of my concerns was that our active fandom isn't very large, though you can bet there are plenty of lurkers (I know BLoSC is the only fandom that I'm a part of where I've been reasonably active on a forum), and a lot of people on Pixar fansites seem to remember it fondly/were fans in the past.

As for a real convention that could serve as a meeting point... the only Disney convention I know of is D23, otherwise SDCC is possible. The Disney Afternoon seems to be the most popular part of Disney's cartoon broadcasting history, but a quick search didn't bring any conventions for that up and I don't know if BLoSC would be allowed to feature there.

Alexa wrote:There's a thought. Perhaps we could have an internet based convention, somehow. Admission would be free, wouldn't it~? Plan it on a day where many people would be free, have a schedule for when events would happen (watching some of the episodes live, a character Q and A, fanart/fiction/video contests, etc.).
That's actually a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. I know that we used to have the rewatch schedule, but I was still watching the series according to my own run-through by the time it ended. I wouldn't mind rewatching singular episodes live with other members, though.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down