To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned

4 posters

Go down

Abandoned Empty Abandoned

Post by levy120 Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 am

Title: Abandoned
Author: levy120
Fandom: BLoSC
Character(s) / Pairing(s): XR (XR/42 indication)
Rating: G
Word Count: 185 words
Warning(s): Spoiler for the episode 42. Requires to have been watched.
Disclaimer: Disney/Pixar
Summary: "To infinity and beyond" - She was his ship after all, got to have that attiude from somewhere ** XR/42; Drabble - Select from the 100 Themes Challenge

On Fanfiction.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6306390/1/Abandoned

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The glass stretched above him like a dome, presenting the precious stars to him. His fingers uncertainly crossed a piece of metal. Shiny, and polished.
It had hit him like a bomb back then of course. It had shattered him from inside out. But as time passed, he eventually got to understand. At the very latest when the ship had been in repairs again from yet another total damage.

It was her nature. She was… always would be a cruiser of course. Roaming, searching for something more out there. More than he could ever give her.
The universe was infinite. And only Buzz Lightyear himself could cross that line.

"I'm not made to be tied down."

XR's legs wobbled uncoordinatedly as his optics were fixed on the distance and the weak reflection of light in the glass.
It was night.
A beautiful starry night sky.

It was night.
It was always night on this side of Star Command;
...where the sun had stopped shining.

Eventually the robot put the piece of metal in his chest compartment and left. Work would be waiting for him tomorrow.

- - - - - - - - -

A/N: Short and spicey %D
Of course I would have loved to elaborate this and put explanations in and alltogether; BUT! I wanted to do a drabble once. And I think this turned out just fine. It leaves enough room for interpretation too I guess. So go ahead and interpret, I'm rather curious to what you think of this =)

Also the 'Inspirational Song': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6o8Sji6E9Q
But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Empty Re: Abandoned

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am

Awww, XR... Never can quite forget your first, and sometimes your "first".

Now, to interpret... Well, I got a couple bunzels with this. One, XR kept a piece of 42 from when she was wrecked and before turned into a robot. Two, 42 was turned back into a ship and was wrecked again, hence XR keeping this piece of metal. And three... uhh, he's reminiscing over his lost "heart"? Okay, I got nothing on that last one.

Still, good read!
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I agree. This is a very good piece of writing, my friend. I, too, think this was after 42 was turned back into a ship.

It seems that XR's reflecting on how it's her mission to act like a firewall, if you will, against whatever attacks the team. He's upset about it because 42 was once like him-a robot, and a human-like one at that.

Anywho, well done!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks you two for the input, and bingo to Qorg figuring out the metal piece ~

The rest of it is not quite what I had in mind when I wrote this out, but those sure are interesting possiblities anyway!

Why exactly would you two think that 42 was turned back into a ship? Imo It seems a bit laborious when all she'd have to do was gather a ship on her own and drive it like a regular pilot Wink
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:33 am

Aw, this was such a sad and sweet piece. Although I like 42 being a robot like XR, I feel that she wouldn’t want to stay on Star Command for very long. She seemed like the reckless, adventurous type, after all. But I also figure that she’d want to live her life out as a robot for a while before going back to the life of a Star Cruiser. And yeah, like you say, I don’t think I see her actually becoming a Star Cruiser! Maybe she’d enlist to become a Robot Ranger like XR~

Still, lovely piece. It’s that silent acceptance of loss that tugs at my heartstrings just right. Poor XR...
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:36 pm

No worries! (shrugs) I was under the impression that she was turned back into her old self, is all. But thanks for clearing it up for me. Smile

I can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Life is easier when you're a ship and not a someone who has all the stress and disappointments of a functioning, sapient being. That, and as a ship she would get to tour the galaxy again knowing she was in extremely capable hands.

Sometimes simple is better.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Ha, my motto for most things in life xD

I really like this take on it. There's only one problem that I see with it:
42 is a WOMAN. Women are never simple xD (what does that make me? A virago? durrrr)

When turning back into a ship she'd be denied certain things, too. For example, hands or the ability to freely move on a planet.
'Freely' being the keyword here; since (how I see it) her freedom is what 42 treasures above everything and I doubt she would want to give that up for anything, any time in any shape.

Then again - that's just my opinion ~ ^^
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum