To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3 RP?

+10
Stomper1232
TyFan10o3
Crystal Peak
Kat Eclipse
Pythonmelon
Bleu_Ace
Ranger-Nova
Mod
EEZ
Steel
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Season - Season 3 RP? - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 3 RP?

Post by Strictly Sherlock Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, sometimes Zurg did display signs of being "Dangerously Genre Savvy"... and then he went and blew it in the next episode. I would put that down to being a few cruisers short of a fleet, because, honestly, I can't figure out any other explanation for it. The man is smart.

That being said, I've always thought that Evilyear was a bit smarter. He's cold and calculating, even in "Sunquakes".

Evil League, hmm. I don't profess to be a BLoSC villains expert here, but I do think that idea has potential... (Except that Gravitina would have nothing to do with Evilyear after his abandoning her.)
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.studysherlockiana.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:30 am

Well, we've all been quite busy. And it hasn't even been decided who's going to take part in the RP, let alone how we're going to even start it.

Strictly Sherlock wrote:What if Evilyear, in the course of "Season Three," figured out how to time-travel? More than that, what if he time-traveled back through time and made it so that Zurg and the members of Team Lightyear were never born. Now, obviously, that would mean that Evilyear would never have come into this universe - at least, not the way that he originally did, and he's smart enough to know that. So while he's figuring out time-travel, he's also figuring out how to create another rip through the time/space continuum to allow him back into this universe.
I don't think this works precisely because Evilyear is from an alternate universe. To me, it's more likely for him to try to subdue this galaxy or (since he's failed so far in that) try to return to his galaxy since he was in control there.

Also...

Strictly Sherlock wrote:I'm just not sure that Evilyear would play a Batman Gambit - in other words, a ploy which isn't foolproof. He's really smart, you know?
Exactly this. If he got rid of them all--especially Buzz--he'd probably risk unmaking himself. I'm pretty sure that, given how most people in the alternate universe had the same roles and positions, they are intrinsically linked to each other. And maybe that's why Evilyear can't die--because Buzz is still alive. He'd have probably realised this by now, or something, so I really don't see him risking something that would inevitably kill him too.

Alcatrazzie wrote:I like the idea that instead of removing them from time itself (that would be too easy, I take Evil!Buzz to at least have some fun with them, or make them suffer) to just send them to an alternate dimension where they are living lives of officers in a 1940's era where technology is limited, but science is still a ruling factor where they can find a way home but it takes some time and really clever planning.
Not sure how that would work either. How would their memories/etc. be rewritten like that? And how would it seem like they've been living in a place like that? If you're going for "technologically limited" that would mean no XR. And no contact with aliens--when Buzz, Mira and Booster are all members of different species.

Generally, the time-travel idea could possibly work if Evilyear went abut things differently. Not necessarily trying to kill them, but twist and change around enough things to try to give himself ultimate control. Like, make it that Boster and Mira never left their home-planets or became Space Rangers. Buzz never having heard of Zurg. Hell, Zurg never having become an Evil Emperor. I just find them being "killed" and then "in limbo", or "trapped in another dimension" kind of far-fetched.

But we could still try to work on this idea. Maybe, if Old Buzz ever came back, Evilyear could steal his watch and that's how he'd get the idea? Him being from an alternate universe, maybe he's something Old!Buzz never came across in the past and thus didn't account for? I don't know. We could work this out some more later.

For now, what are we sure of for this RP?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asenath Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 am

Count me in! I'll be happy RPing pretty much anyone.

Oh, and Steel, it appears that the link between the original characters and their alternate universe versions isn't strong enough to kill one of them if the other dies-think of Mira's father. He died in the alternate universe, but not in the original one.
Asenath
Asenath

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 am

True, that. I almost forgot about Mira's father. Thanks for pointing it out. c:

Still, I don't see Evilyear pulling any moves that can potentially risk his life and well-being. He's far too sneaky and conniving for that. He would want to plan out every last detail before he executed any plan.

The only reason his plans failed was because of Buzz. So he'd probably focus on neutralising him in a way the others wouldn't be alerted to. Perhaps he could try to take his place instead of try to kill him?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3