To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Protector

2 posters

Go down

The Protector Empty The Protector

Post by Mod Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Who do you all think the Protector really was? I mean, it's obvious he/she/they were fighters of some sort, able to overthrow and entomb Natron the First, but what do you think the backstory is?

I know I posted artwork of who I think the Protector is awhile back, but I think it'd be cool to talk about this mysterious fighter, since they sound so cool and it's an idea that I think should have been expanded more, had there been another season of BLoSC.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

The Protector Empty Re: The Protector

Post by Steel Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I'd like to think it was either one of Buzz's ancestors, or maybe that the Protector was even a woman, given that Mira was with Buzz at the time! We don't really know who Natron was referring to, after all... Or, perhaps Natron was simply confused because he hadn't seen people in a long time and took one of them to be the Protector when the Protector doesn't even look like either of them at all.

I'd like to think that the Protector was decked in armour and had very hi-tech technology; hence, how he was able to entomb Natron for so long. Although how Natron was still alive... I still say science, but if I were Natron I wouldn't be happy about being trapped for so long!

I'm drifting off-topic... I really like EEZ's take on the Protector, but yeah, like I said earlier, I think I like the idea of the Protector being a woman so not everything is always about Buzz, you know? Very Happy
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Yeah, I agree; I think the Protector was probably decked out in some armor and came from a time when hi-tech technology existed. Natron's technology was pretty nifty, after all! I'm sure the Protector had to fight fire with fire on Natron's level when it comes to technology and wits.

Oh, yeah...she had a take on the Protector in a fanfic, right? And heh, that'd be neat if we found out the Protector was a woman. I'm sure Buzz would be very surprised if this fact was true. XD

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Yes, she did! It's not my story to tell, but you should check it out sometime, or maybe ask her about it yourself. Smile

So you're suggesting that the galaxy's civilisations were perhaps more advanced in the past? Now there's an interesting thought... it would explain how Natron survived! It also makes me think about the Valkyrans and how they seemed to have a big chunk of space in their control. Hey... we don't even know what point in time that was. Maybe the Protector was a Valkyran? Although it didn't sound like they had control of the galaxy (just space-ways), it's a thought!

I know Buzz might be flabbergasted at finding out who the Protector was, hah! And I sure wish they'd expanded more on the Protector. I mean, why even mention him at all if you won't tell us more? :/
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I'll be sure to ask her next time I see her. ^^

Well, yeah, I mean, Natron was able to take on Buzz and the gang with his technology and nearly won, had it not been for XR, Warp, and the LGMs. It's possible that the Protector had some form of technology to seal Natron away in the tomb door, and once the LGMS came into the tomb and melted the door off, whatever technological securities the Protector had placed in there melted along with the door.

I think the Valkyrans, Natron and the Protector all existed around the same time period myself. I mean, granted in real life, the Norse and Egyptian cultures weren't too close to each other, spanning between periods of time, but it is possible in the BLoSC universe. The Valkyrans themselves stated they owned and ruled some of the large areas of space long before the Galactic Alliance; I think it's possible that Natron ruled the galaxy came to power around the same time they did, but they all ruled their own parts of the galaxy.

Yeah, it's a crying shame they didn't expand on it, especially since the Protector sounded so interesting to hear about since the Protector, to me, sounds like a legendary hero. I think it'd be neat if Buzz and the others met the Protector to find out how they sealed Natron away. ^^
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down