To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons when they lack consistancy

3 posters

Go down

Seasons when they lack consistancy Empty Seasons when they lack consistancy

Post by Bleu_Ace Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:43 am

Wirewolf I think was severely misplaced, not just being the prologue to Revenge of The Monsters, but it also shows NOS-4-A2 alive again..and this was after Savvy SL2 pretty much 'killed him''.
How he came back is beyond me. I know Zurg didn't want anything to do with him...let alone power him back up or KNOW where he was.
Not to mention, you guys noticed the difference in the animation for this one? I thought it was quite nice, for both introduction to Ty Parsec, and the fluidity on NOS' movements. It worked for sure...but I still think they could have given this episode better justice than placing it out of the loop in season 2.

Bleu_Ace
Bleu_Ace

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Seasons when they lack consistancy Empty Re: Seasons when they lack consistancy

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:06 am

i agree with you totally here. The animation was really good, but the way the Nos episodes are placed confuses me. I think, ind of like my OC did, someone might have found and repaired him out of curiosity
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleu_Ace Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:05 am

Pythonmelon wrote:i agree with you totally here. The animation was really good, but the way the Nos episodes are placed confuses me. I think, ind of like my OC did, someone might have found and repaired him out of curiosity

I can understand that...OR some unlucky wanderer on Trade World found NOS' body and took that energy-draining device to see if they could sell it. That might make sense that his systems slowly recharged.
Bleu_Ace
Bleu_Ace

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 am

hmm, true. Someone might have been out looking for cheap labor too
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 am

Technically, Season 1 and Season 2 were aired at the same time. Same channel, if I'm not mistaken, but they'd save Season 2 episodes for the weekend and have Season 1 episodes during the week. If you check out the airing dates for the show, you'll see they were on at pretty much the same timespan.

And as Tad Stones said, syndication just loooooves mixing the episode order up.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleu_Ace Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:14 am

Steel wrote:Technically, Season 1 and Season 2 were aired at the same time. Same channel, if I'm not mistaken, but they'd save Season 2 episodes for the weekend and have Season 1 episodes during the week. If you check out the airing dates for the show, you'll see they were on at pretty much the same timespan.

And as Tad Stones said, syndication just loooooves mixing the episode order up.

You do have a point Steel..I also just feel a bit confused as to how vague they were about NOS's return. I can be a slight bit of a stickler.
Bleu_Ace
Bleu_Ace

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't think there's anything that confusing about the episodes NOS-4-A2 shows up in. "NOS-4-A2" is clearly the first episode, and "Revenge of the Monsters" is clearly his last episode. They don't explain how he got powered back up after "The Slayer", but I think some hapless nobody thinking they might be able to sell him or something powering him up again sounds likely... unless, you know, Star Command actually took him into custody after that. So who knows.

Anyway, as far as the episodes are concerned, the only issue with his history is making a cohesive timeline with the eppies he's shown up in and figuring out when those come into play.

For me, personally, I go with XR's reaction to NOS-4-A2 as some sort of an indicator, though faulty. In "The Slayer" XR is sill confident over powering the vampire down in "NOS-4-A2" before discovering it's not as easy as that anymore. In "Wirewolf", he's terrified of NOS and wants to avoid him as much as he can. In "Dirty Work", he's not that terrified, but apparently he still has those "mind control files" somewhere on his hard-drive. All of XR's reactions to NOS-4-A2 are conflicting/confusing and make coming up with a solid timeline for NOS tricky... not to mention, there are more mix-ups with consistency in the show.

Like "The Planet Destroyer" being the episode Mira learns how to fish minds for information, but the episode "XL", which aired before it, showing her already having the ability, etc.

(I think I'll move this thread to the general Episode talk section seeing as this discussion is broader than simply the "Wirewolf" eppie.)
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum