To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

2 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only) - Page 8 Empty Re: Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:43 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred nodded enthusiastically. "And then sensors only go off for objects of a certain size and weight, so if a fly somehow made it onto Star Command, then we wouldn't have to worry about false alarms from it going into the air ducts. But, that's also a problem should someone make a spy device and sneak it onto Star Command. But we have that covered as well."

He grinned and walked up to a wall, glancing around and then pointing up at a small black orb attached near the top of it. "Ah, good. they already started to set these up. This little device, in accompany with the rest of it's kind, will take a reading of everything within a certain radius. Should it find technology that is not equipped with a certain reading unique to Star Command technology, then it will pin point it's location for personnel to track down and determine the nature of it."

He sighed, then, looking a little sheepish. "Truth be told, Star Command already had a system like this ready to be utilized, but the paperwork to officially use it was lost somewhere. The LGMs had already been adding this reading to all the technology around here, but there just had been no point before since the sensors weren't installed yet. But now, with it, it means all technology brought from outside of Star Command will have to be inspected and added to the system individually. This, I think, is a good thing."

Pixel inspected the devices, very interested in how they worked. She asked Alfred, "So the sensors, and that black thing, will be able to detect where somebody, or something, came from and tell us?"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only) - Page 8 Empty Re: Into the Dark (Fox Storm and ab103 only)

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel inspected the devices, very interested in how they worked. She asked Alfred, "So the sensors, and that black thing, will be able to detect where somebody, or something, came from and tell us?"

"Well, in any case, it will tell us if it came from here." Alfred motioned around them. "If it came from outside of Star Command and isn't approved to be on here, then it will alert us and tell where it is so we can track it down and determine whether or not it's a danger. Because, honestly, I noticed that there's been a problem with some rangers trying to smuggle some things onto here that should be here." He faked a cough, throwing in the word "XR" between it. He cleared his throat and continued.

"It will be able to tell us where something came from if that something uses a unique reading as well that we can recognize, but this seems to be a system that the LGMs developed, so, likely, Star Command technology is the only one with unique readings like this." He chuckled then. "Unless, you know, you count the gremlin proofing I put in all of my technology. Nobody can copy that and it's what makes my technology so much better than any of my competitors."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Well, in any case, it will tell us if it came from here." Alfred motioned around them. "If it came from outside of Star Command and isn't approved to be on here, then it will alert us and tell where it is so we can track it down and determine whether or not it's a danger. Because, honestly, I noticed that there's been a problem with some rangers trying to smuggle some things onto here that should be here." He faked a cough, throwing in the word "XR" between it. He cleared his throat and continued.

Pixel snorted and smirked when Alfred mentioned XR. She agreed with him there.

ab103 wrote:
"It will be able to tell us where something came from if that something uses a unique reading as well that we can recognize, but this seems to be a system that the LGMs developed, so, likely, Star Command technology is the only one with unique readings like this." He chuckled then. "Unless, you know, you count the gremlin proofing I put in all of my technology. Nobody can copy that and it's what makes my technology so much better than any of my competitors."

She smiled, glad to know that his technology couldn't be copied...but then a sudden and grim question came to mind. "Alfred...do you think all this stuff could pick up on that Healer lady's technology or whatever she had?"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel snorted and smirked when Alfred mentioned XR. She agreed with him there.

She smiled, glad to know that his technology couldn't be copied...but then a sudden and grim question came to mind. "Alfred...do you think all this stuff could pick up on that Healer lady's technology or whatever she had?"

Alfred frowned then, considering the circumstance. "I'm not sure... There are always unforseen flaws and circumstances. I mean... To tell you the truth, I think the Healer is, well... I think she's favored by... certain people who are powerful with what they do. She knows more than a normal person would... I've seen people with that kind of knowledge before. I don't think she's a bad person, of course, so it's not like she would break into Star Command and cause problems... But, likely, she'd be able to alter her own technology so that hers gives off the same reading as ours. It'll go undetected, and even if we change our reading, I'm sure she'll know to do that same..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred frowned then, considering the circumstance. "I'm not sure... There are always unforseen flaws and circumstances. I mean... To tell you the truth, I think the Healer is, well... I think she's favored by... certain people who are powerful with what they do. She knows more than a normal person would... I've seen people with that kind of knowledge before. I don't think she's a bad person, of course, so it's not like she would break into Star Command and cause problems... But, likely, she'd be able to alter her own technology so that hers gives off the same reading as ours. It'll go undetected, and even if we change our reading, I'm sure she'll know to do that same..."

Pixel sat down on her haunches to get comfortable. She then tilted her head and asked, "You mean, because she knows so much about Star Command, she'd likely know how to get in with no one noticing...like a ghost?"

She whined a little. She muttered, "She scares me."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel sat down on her haunches to get comfortable. She then tilted her head and asked, "You mean, because she knows so much about Star Command, she'd likely know how to get in with no one noticing...like a ghost?"

She whined a little. She muttered, "She scares me."

"I know how you feel..." Alfred sighed. "People who have all that power... And you never know for sure if they are on your side... And, if you do find out, sometimes it's too late... They can be frightening... But, I find that the best way to deal with those type of people is to treat them as civilly as you would anyone else. If they truly are all-powerful or all-knowing, then they would at least appreciate the kindness and sometimes will be less willing to fight against you."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:18 pm

ab103 wrote:
"I know how you feel..." Alfred sighed. "People who have all that power... And you never know for sure if they are on your side... And, if you do find out, sometimes it's too late... They can be frightening... But, I find that the best way to deal with those type of people is to treat them as civilly as you would anyone else. If they truly are all-powerful or all-knowing, then they would at least appreciate the kindness and sometimes will be less willing to fight against you."

The dustchaser shifted her head to the side, as if considering his words. "Yeah, I guess...but...it still doesn't help that she scares me. I mean, I'm not normally scared of anything or anyone, but this lady...there's somethin' about her that sends my fur up. She's...powerful."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
The dustchaser shifted her head to the side, as if considering his words. "Yeah, I guess...but...it still doesn't help that she scares me. I mean, I'm not normally scared of anything or anyone, but this lady...there's somethin' about her that sends my fur up. She's...powerful."

"Power is nothing to be afraid of," Alfred replied. "It's the person wielding that power you need to be afraid of. There are so many others that abuse having power... But, we only met the Healer once. That's not enough to judge how she uses her power, now is it?" He smiled a little, looking down at Pixel. "Though, yes, she is scary. She managed to call out Commander Nebula on his faults AND get away with it. That's much more than I can do."

Of course, he was keeping it to himself that he would definitely be put on edge should the Healer return. He anger scared him much more than Simone's ever would. Mostly because the Healer's anger was actually well-placed. The Healer knew what she was doing too, almost as if she knew the future to come and how to change it if needed. That was a rare power, only gifted to a favored few in all of time's reign. He was both in awe of it and wary of what may come of it. But, he didn't want to show that to Pixel.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Power is nothing to be afraid of," Alfred replied. "It's the person wielding that power you need to be afraid of. There are so many others that abuse having power... But, we only met the Healer once. That's not enough to judge how she uses her power, now is it?" He smiled a little, looking down at Pixel. "Though, yes, she is scary. She managed to call out Commander Nebula on his faults AND get away with it. That's much more than I can do."

Of course, he was keeping it to himself that he would definitely be put on edge should the Healer return. He anger scared him much more than Simone's ever would. Mostly because the Healer's anger was actually well-placed. The Healer knew what she was doing too, almost as if she knew the future to come and how to change it if needed. That was a rare power, only gifted to a favored few in all of time's reign. He was both in awe of it and wary of what may come of it. But, he didn't want to show that to Pixel.

Pixel agreed and sighed. "That's true, about all you said. Like I said, I'm not normally scared of anything or anyone who thinks they're so high mighty, like Zurg. But this woman seemed to GLOW with power and...a type of fire I never saw before." She then perked her head again and asked, "How do you think she knew all those things about Star Command and Ty? I don't think she actually IS a ghost. She seemed like a...normal creature to me." She paused for a minute, only to add, "Well...as normal as I could smell it, anyway."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel agreed and sighed. "That's true, about all you said. Like I said, I'm not normally scared of anything or anyone who thinks they're so high mighty, like Zurg. But this woman seemed to GLOW with power and...a type of fire I never saw before." She then perked her head again and asked, "How do you think she knew all those things about Star Command and Ty? I don't think she actually IS a ghost. She seemed like a...normal creature to me." She paused for a minute, only to add, "Well...as normal as I could smell it, anyway."

Alfred frowned but then found himself shrugging. "I have no clue. She could know for a number of reasons. But, she doesn't need to be a ghost to know these things. Trust me on that. I mean, I could know these things if I worked hard enough to get that information."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred frowned but then found himself shrugging. "I have no clue. She could know for a number of reasons. But, she doesn't need to be a ghost to know these things. Trust me on that. I mean, I could know these things if I worked hard enough to get that information."

"Really? But I bet that'd be hard to find. I mean, that type of information sounds like an awful lot to know for one person. Not to mention, it was kind of creepy." She shook herself to be rid of the shuddering that nearly transpired. She looked up at Alfred and asked, "Do you think she'll come back again, even if we're doing a better job with everything?"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"Really? But I bet that'd be hard to find. I mean, that type of information sounds like an awful lot to know for one person. Not to mention, it was kind of creepy." She shook herself to be rid of the shuddering that nearly transpired. She looked up at Alfred and asked, "Do you think she'll come back again, even if we're doing a better job with everything?"

"...Yes." Alfred nodded, a sad look on his face. "We'll encounter her again, I'm sure. There's no avoiding someone with powers like that once they have revealed themselves to you. After all, why would she bother with us if she hadn't planned on coming back when she needs to in the future? We just have to hope that we do a good enough job that she will not interfere as often. That does seem to be what she wants, after all. She just wants Star Command to be as good as they advertise."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:19 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...Yes." Alfred nodded, a sad look on his face. "We'll encounter her again, I'm sure. There's no avoiding someone with powers like that once they have revealed themselves to you. After all, why would she bother with us if she hadn't planned on coming back when she needs to in the future? We just have to hope that we do a good enough job that she will not interfere as often. That does seem to be what she wants, after all. She just wants Star Command to be as good as they advertise."

"But why? Why does she care so much about Star Command to be as good as they say they are? I know she said she doesn't want to be disappointed with our efforts, but...why does she care so much about making this place better than ever before?"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"But why? Why does she care so much about Star Command to be as good as they say they are? I know she said she doesn't want to be disappointed with our efforts, but...why does she care so much about making this place better than ever before?"

"Who knows? Maybe she's somebody's mother." Alfred smiled a little, amused by the thought. Yes, maybe the healer was the mother of one of the cadets or something and she wanted to make sure that Star Command was good enough for her child.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:34 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Who knows? Maybe she's somebody's mother." Alfred smiled a little, amused by the thought. Yes, maybe the healer was the mother of one of the cadets or something and she wanted to make sure that Star Command was good enough for her child.

Pixel couldn't help but smile at that as well; she acted like a mother herself at times towards the LGMs...and towards her friends when they needed it.

"Hm. That makes sense. But who would be that powerful enough to want to come to Star Command herself and tell your dad right upfront what's wrong here? I mean, I don't know anyone whose mother would be assertive enough to come here and give you and Ty medicine and advice when ya needed it. She obviously knew what ya needed before you did, and Ty."

A disturbing thought came to her..."You don't suppose..." She trailed off, leaving Alfred to fill in the blanks.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel couldn't help but smile at that as well; she acted like a mother herself at times towards the LGMs...and towards her friends when they needed it.

"Hm. That makes sense. But who would be that powerful enough to want to come to Star Command herself and tell your dad right upfront what's wrong here? I mean, I don't know anyone whose mother would be assertive enough to come here and give you and Ty medicine and advice when ya needed it. She obviously knew what ya needed before you did, and Ty."

A disturbing thought came to her..."You don't suppose..." She trailed off, leaving Alfred to fill in the blanks.

"...Suppose ...What?" Alfred hated having to fill in the blanks when so many things could possibly apply to the scenario. He was at a lost for what Pixel was trying to convey to him. However, now his imagination was trying to fill in the blanks, each time coming up with something more and more horrible.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...Suppose ...What?" Alfred hated having to fill in the blanks when so many things could possibly apply to the scenario. He was at a lost for what Pixel was trying to convey to him. However, now his imagination was trying to fill in the blanks, each time coming up with something more and more horrible.

"Well...you don't suppose...it could by TY'S mom, do you?....or even SIMONE'S mom?" She looked a little scared now, like she ate something horrible.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
"Well...you don't suppose...it could by TY'S mom, do you?....or even SIMONE'S mom?" She looked a little scared now, like she ate something horrible.

Alfred frowned. "Given how much she yelled at the Commander and so easily, she could even be MY mother..." He looked dismayed then, shaking his head drastically. "No, no, no! These are ALL bad ideas! She can be any of out mothers! ...Can she?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 pm

ab103 wrote:
Alfred frowned. "Given how much she yelled at the Commander and so easily, she could even be MY mother..." He looked dismayed then, shaking his head drastically. "No, no, no! These are ALL bad ideas! She can be any of out mothers! ...Can she?"

Pixel looked so disturbed at all those images of the Healer being the mother of one of the Rangers. She shuddered. "She could be...or maybe she could be someone, or something, we've never met before...like a...a....goddess. A REALLY, REALLY angry goddess."

She gulped loudly at that thought and clenched her teeth in nervousness at the mere thought of that.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel looked so disturbed at all those images of the Healer being the mother of one of the Rangers. She shuddered. "She could be...or maybe she could be someone, or something, we've never met before...like a...a....goddess. A REALLY, REALLY angry goddess."

She gulped loudly at that thought and clenched her teeth in nervousness at the mere thought of that.

Alfred was going to shudder at what Pixel suggested but then he paused, thought about what she said, and the shook his head. "No, no. She couldn't possibly be a goddess. I've MET a god before. AND a goddess or two. She's godly, but not quite a goddess. ...Not the typical ones like I've seen, at least..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:26 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred was going to shudder at what Pixel suggested but then he paused, thought about what she said, and the shook his head. "No, no. She couldn't possibly be a goddess. I've MET a god before. AND a goddess or two. She's godly, but not quite a goddess. ...Not the typical ones like I've seen, at least..."

Pixel shot up her head in shock, her eyes widening to the size of dinner plates. "YOU met a...god...AND a goddess?!" She slightly glared, although she wasn't angry at him. "And how do you know the Healer isn't a goddess? She COULD be, for all we know!"
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel shot up her head in shock, her eyes widening to the size of dinner plates. "YOU met a...god...AND a goddess?!" She slightly glared, although she wasn't angry at him. "And how do you know the Healer isn't a goddess? She COULD be, for all we know!"

Alfred's eyes widened as well and then his slapped his forehead. "WELL. Would you look at that? I have seemed to have said the wrong thing yet again! Please, just ignore my insanity, will you?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred's eyes widened as well and then his slapped his forehead. "WELL. Would you look at that? I have seemed to have said the wrong thing yet again! Please, just ignore my insanity, will you?"

Pixel softened her shocked expression at Alfred's words. She sighed and said, "I'm sorry, Alfred. I'm not mad at you. It's just that I can't believe you got the chance to meet a god...AND a goddess. And hearing that the Healer may not be one is...well, it's unnervin' to say the least, since she ACTS like one."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:00 am

Fox Storm wrote:
Pixel softened her shocked expression at Alfred's words. She sighed and said, "I'm sorry, Alfred. I'm not mad at you. It's just that I can't believe you got the chance to meet a god...AND a goddess. And hearing that the Healer may not be one is...well, it's unnervin' to say the least, since she ACTS like one."

"No. No, seriously. Ignore my insanity. I don't know WHY I said that at all." He seemed like he was trying to cover something, but he didn't elaborate anymore on that subject. "Anyway, let's get back to the tour of the new security system...?" he offered, trying to change the subject. He didn't wait for Pixel's answer and continued to lead her through the halls, explaining what they had done already and what they still had to do. He finally ended the explanation stating, "We should be completing this entirely within the next three or four days."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 am

ab103 wrote:

"No. No, seriously. Ignore my insanity. I don't know WHY I said that at all." He seemed like he was trying to cover something, but he didn't elaborate anymore on that subject. "Anyway, let's get back to the tour of the new security system...?" he offered, trying to change the subject.

Before Pixel could respond, Alfred was on the move again. She trotted up to keep up with him.

ab103 wrote:
He didn't wait for Pixel's answer and continued to lead her through the halls, explaining what they had done already and what they still had to do. He finally ended the explanation stating, "We should be completing this entirely within the next three or four days."

She panted; this was a lot of information to take in! "Wow..." She said in between pants. "It'll be done in that amount of time?" She sat on her haunches to take it easy.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next