To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Halloween

+2
Alexa
DarklingDragon
6 posters

Go down

Happy Halloween Empty Happy Halloween

Post by DarklingDragon Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 pm

Happy Halloween everyone!

I usually give out candy every year. I decided to also make cupcakes and brownies, since I'll be staying home. I'm not giving the cupcakes/brownies out to kids of course, LOL.

What is everyone doing for Halloween this year? Anyone dressing up or going to parties?
DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Happy Halloween Empty Re: Happy Halloween

Post by Alexa Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:32 am

How about dressing up AND going to parties? XD

I tried handing out candy before and it was the worst Halloween experience I ever had. I felt sick every time the door bell rang and I had to answer it and give candy to the people at the door. Mostly because I felt bad that I couldn't join in on the trick-or-treating fun, which is why I'm glad I have friends to hang out with for Halloween.

So, I'm doing what I have been for the past few years, which is dress in costume and go with my friend to her church. They have a trunk-or treat thing that they do there, along with free food, music, bouncy houses for children, etc.... Once we have our fill there, we usually go to her neighborhood for trick-or-treating. (Note: I graduated high school last school year and I am 18. The only reason my mom is letting me trick-or-treat is because my friend is still in high school and I won't be "embarrassing" myself in our neighborhood but rather hers. ;D)

Of course, I have an appointment I have to go to immediately before going to my friend's church, so I'll be dressed as a fairy seeing my psychiatrist. If it weren't Halloween, I'd be worried that he'd think I'm crazier than I already am.

Hopefully the rain lets up though. It's really cloudy here right now.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Nova Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:00 am

huh, Imma gonna stay at hone and pass out candy to kids.... Sad
Mira Nova
Mira Nova

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am

(shrugs) I'm just going to hang out in my room, put on my costume, and look at Halloween-related stuff on Youtube. Not really a whole lot to do, but hey, it works! And maybe I'll put up something Halloween related up later on...but we'll see!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am

In my town we never really celebrated Halloween so I'm totally not used to that, but this evening I was in the town where I work to film a littl event and HOLY CRAP that was full and little kids and costumes everywhere - it was amazing and adorable at the same time xD
I left when it was too dark for the camera, so I didn't see the fireworks anymore though :<
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

Check it out!

Happy Halloween P1020710
Happy Halloween P1020711

My family and I were making pumpkins, and I thought it would be a good idea. No dressing up - not too fussed about trick-or-treating this year. The Ghostbusters costume can stay in the cupboard a little longer...
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Oh, that's awesome! Well done on the pumpkins. They look fantastic! How long did it take you to make these pumpkins?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Nova Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Olivus Prime wrote:Check it out!

Happy Halloween P1020710
Happy Halloween P1020711

My family and I were making pumpkins, and I thought it would be a good idea. No dressing up - not too fussed about trick-or-treating this year. The Ghostbusters costume can stay in the cupboard a little longer...

I LOOVE THAT PUMPKIN!!! wow...I wish I could carve like that...
Mira Nova
Mira Nova

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm

My plan to make brownies and cupcakes got canned. No one wanted any, so I wasn't going to waste the time. It sucks because that would've been fun.

I know how you feel Mira. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'm the only one in my family that gives out Halloween candy. <.< For once I'd like to be the one who gets to dress up, go to parties, trick or treat, and hang out with friends. :/

Olivus, I forgot about pumpkin carving. Your Star Command themed pumpkin is awesome.

DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Nova Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm

I wish I could go out and trick or treat.....buut 20 is a little old for trick or treating XD
Mira Nova
Mira Nova

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Mira Nova wrote:I wish I could go out and trick or treat.....buut 20 is a little old for trick or treating XD

Well, I'm 24 and given out candy to 40 year old trick or treaters....no joke. I've one time given candy out to someone who might of been in their fifties... Shocked

DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mira Nova Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:47 pm

Seriously??? If thats a lie, its a dang good one XD but wow I thought I loved Halloween XD
Mira Nova
Mira Nova

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Fox Storm wrote:Oh, that's awesome! Well done on the pumpkins. They look fantastic! How long did it take you to make these pumpkins?

Thanks! I drew on the pumpkin with a marker, before proceeding to cut the top off, scoop out the insides, and carve the symbol. Unfortunately, to stop the candles from being openly visible and to keep the symbol from falling apart, I had to leave some details drawn on (eg the rocket). It must have taken about 30 mins to do.

I think I've only done trick or treating a maximum of two times, and that was when I was small. I don't think the home-made ghost costume fits anymore! I guess halloween doesn't really affect me much anymore.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down