To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The location of Tradeworld and Tangea

5 posters

Go down

Tangea - The location of Tradeworld and Tangea Empty The location of Tradeworld and Tangea

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 pm

I was just wondering... are Tradeworld and Tangea in the same solar system? I'm not sure if anyone's ever drawn up a map of the BLoSC galaxy (that would be cool), but there seems to be evidence in the series that the two are close to each other.

In The Planet Destroyer, when Zurg is on Capitol Planet threatening them, there's a screen showing where Tradeworld used to be (but of course by now it's been sent back). Tangea then appears next to it. So... unless they sent Tangea to the wrong coordinates, that would indicate Tangea's nearby, right?

Then, in Speed Trap, when the traffic reporter is talking, she says, "Things are looking great on the Tangean Star Flight, but there's a little flowing as you round Tradeworld." That also seems to indicate that they're close.

So, what do you guys think?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Tangea - The location of Tradeworld and Tangea Empty Re: The location of Tradeworld and Tangea

Post by Mod Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I thought that somebody made a map of the different quadrants with all the planets, but I've been wrong before...

And I think it's possible that Tangea and Tradeworld may be next to each other. In The Planet Destroyer, the Rangers sent the planets back to their original positions, right? So it's very much possible that they are close to each other.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Tangea - The location of Tradeworld and Tangea Empty Re: The location of Tradeworld and Tangea

Post by Steel Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

You mean this map? It's not a real map, unfortunately, but it's the best we've got given the scarce information given to us from the show. I know quadrants pretty much hint at "quarters", but there is definitely a Zeta Quadrant, a Gamma Quadrant and a Beta Quadrant (I know I heard Beta somewhere, but I can't quote the episode off the top of my head). And since we're going with the Greek alphabet to separate all these parts, that is why EEZ and I suggested "six" quadrants. Because, as the Greek alphabet goes, it's: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta--the first six letters of the Greek alphabet.

I, for one, highly doubt Tradeworld would be in the same solar system as Tangea. Maybe the same quadrant (which would mean they're both situated in the Gamma Quadrant) but not the same solar system. For starters, I don't see the Tangean Royals being keen on non-Tangeans occupying a planet in their solar system and using it for trade and commerce with non-Tangeans. Secondly... I take animation in BLoSC with a grain of salt. They made the planets pop up side-to-side on the screen in "The Planet Destroyer", yes, but planets that close to each other wouldn't even be able to exist in the first place. Something about gravitational pulls and whatnot...

Instead, perhaps they are located in neighbouring solar systems, which would explain why they appeared so close and would explain how the Traffic Reporter referred to both in her news reel. I can roll with that. But given how Tangean Royals are like and how you never see any Tangean Royals in places other than Tangea besides Mira (Angstrom is a different matter) I still find it highly unlikely that Tradeworld is in the same solar system.

Most of the planets in the Galactic Alliance are situated in the Gamma Quadrant. Capital Planet and Star Command definitely are. I think it's reasonable to assume that a lot of GA-aligned planets are in the Gamma Quadrant.

MY GOD, FOR SOME REASON I KEPT MAKING SO MANY TYPOS WHILE TYPING UP THIS POST!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Steel wrote:(I know I heard Beta somewhere, but I can't quote the episode off the top of my head).

Beta Quadrant was mentioned in the Adventure Begins. Zurg was asking which planet to fire his mind control ray at next and a Grub said that there where still some planets in the Beta Quadrant that were unaffected. This is if I remember it right, anyway... ^^;

Thing about the quadrants, though, is that not all of them follow under the Greek Alphabet, since I'm pretty sure there was mention of an Outback Quadrant in at least one episode?

As for Tangea and Tradeworld being near each other, I'd say they'd be in neighboring solar systems, but not in the same one. There is that "Goldilocks Zone" that the Earth is in that enables this planet to have life, so since life is sustainable on both Tangea and Tradeworld, that means they are both within the Goldilocks Zone for their solar system, so it's unlikely they'd be in the same solar system else they'd be in the same orbit as each other. Unless they were exactly opposite of each other on this orbit, I think they'd risk colliding with each other due to gravitational pull, right?
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Yeah, I was about to say, that if that's the case, then Tangea and Tradeworld would be within two solar systems, similar to how two different cities can exist in two different states or countries next to each other.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Considering how Tangea makes absolutely no reference to Tradeworld and vice versa, I do not think that they are within the same solar system. Why? Well, as with the case in The Planet Destroyer, that was most likely an animator shortcut. It's easier to draw two planets in the same frame to cut back on time and effort -- not very flattering, but that's how business is.

As for the Outback Quadrant, which IS mentioned, the initial six quadrants (as there is the mentioning of a Zeta Quadrant and nothing after) may possibly have unofficial names to them. It could be that the Alpha Quadrant is the Outback Quadrant, or the Delta. It cannot be the Gamma Quadrant, however; that is where the GA is located.

And for the record, Unfriendly Space is also not explicitly stated where it remains.

I suppose you have to take these things with a grain, or a spoon, of salt.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 pm

(sighs) It's times like this I wish the writers thought of organization for where everything is...but anyway, so it's possible that the Alpha Quadrant is either the Outback Quadrant or the Delta Quadrant?

Last edited by Fox Storm on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Hmm... The Outback Quadrant could be any Quadrant but the Gamma Quadrant and wherever Planet Z is. I recall some recurring planets in the Beta Quadrant, but I am unsure as to what they were. If we rule those three out, we have the Alpha, Delta, and Epsilon Quadrants left.

I don't know more than the Average Joe, but I'm guessing it's one of these three.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:07 am

Yeah, I guess neighbouring systems makes more sense - I never did like that shot in The Planet Destroyer, because I knew you couldn't have two planets that close.

I highly doubt the Tangeans would like having Tradeworld nearby, but I guess there wouldn't be much they could do about it.

And Steel raises an interesting point about never seeing Tangeans outside of Tangea. Do you suppose they have senators on Capitol Planet, or they are so stuck-up they aren't even willing to do that?

And (now we're really getting off topic), one other thing I was wondering about recently: What do you suppose life is like on those other floating cities? You see several in the background (which makes sense, since the entire Tangean population couldn't ALL fit in the palace) of some shots. Are the Tangeans there less snooty because they aren't nobility, or are they just as stuck-up as the others? Lots of interesting things to ponder when it comes to the Tangeasn.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:20 am

ab103 wrote:Beta Quadrant was mentioned in the Adventure Begins. Zurg was asking which planet to fire his mind control ray at next and a Grub said that there where still some planets in the Beta Quadrant that were unaffected. This is if I remember it right, anyway... ^^;
Ooh, right! Thanks for reminding me!

ab103 wrote:Thing about the quadrants, though, is that not all of them follow under the Greek Alphabet, since I'm pretty sure there was mention of an Outback Quadrant in at least one episode?
EEZ wrote:As for the Outback Quadrant, which IS mentioned, the initial six quadrants (as there is the mentioning of a Zeta Quadrant and nothing after) may possibly have unofficial names to them. It could be that the Alpha Quadrant is the Outback Quadrant, or the Delta. It cannot be the Gamma Quadrant, however; that is where the GA is located.
Yeah, there was an Outback Quadrant mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that's just a slang term. I bet the Gamma Quadrant might sometimes be unofficially called the GA Quadrant. Then again, we can't know for sure...

As for which quadrant the Outback Quadrant is? It could be anything, really. It could even be either the Beta or Delta Quadrant--just referred to as the Outback Quadrant in slang. And we don't even know if Zurg is in the Zeta Quadrant, either. No mentions of where Unfriendly Space may or may not be--and I bet that's a slang term too.

ab103 wrote:As for Tangea and Tradeworld being near each other, I'd say they'd be in neighboring solar systems, but not in the same one. There is that "Goldilocks Zone" that the Earth is in that enables this planet to have life, so since life is sustainable on both Tangea and Tradeworld, that means they are both within the Goldilocks Zone for their solar system, so it's unlikely they'd be in the same solar system else they'd be in the same orbit as each other. Unless they were exactly opposite of each other on this orbit, I think they'd risk colliding with each other due to gravitational pull, right?
My sentiments exactly. Neighbouring solar systems is far more likely than being in the same solar system.

Ranger-Nova wrote:I highly doubt the Tangeans would like having Tradeworld nearby, but I guess there wouldn't be much they could do about it.

And Steel raises an interesting point about never seeing Tangeans outside of Tangea. Do you suppose they have senators on Capitol Planet, or they are so stuck-up they aren't even willing to do that?
I bet anybody close to Tradeworld would consider themselves unlucky!

But yeah, I don't think Tangeans have got any senators. In "First Missions", they only join the GA because Zurg invaded their planet. So they've probably been in the GA for only a few years. They wouldn't be privileged by GA standards to have a senator as of yet, and I bet they wouldn't even want to have a senator in the GA either. Maybe they've got an ambassador, but I even find that unlikely given they think they're so superior. Tangean Royals, being the ones who rule Tangea, are just not interested enough in consorting with "primitives". And unfortunately, the Grounders don't seem to get a say in anything remotely government-related. In fact, Romac seems to be the only intelligent one.

Ranger-Nova wrote:And (now we're really getting off topic), one other thing I was wondering about recently: What do you suppose life is like on those other floating cities? You see several in the background (which makes sense, since the entire Tangean population couldn't ALL fit in the palace) of some shots. Are the Tangeans there less snooty because they aren't nobility, or are they just as stuck-up as the others? Lots of interesting things to ponder when it comes to the Tangeans.
Who cares if we're getting off-topic when the subject is so interesting? We can always change the thread's name to include all this talk, hehehe.

Well, the one floating place that seemed to be a church/temple/something officious due to that being where Mira and Fop were supposed to get married suggests that all their homes are fancy, floating palace-like buildings. But you're right, they can't all live in the main palace. And I bet they wouldn't even want to consort with Grounders and live on the ground where they live. Unless...

Maybe they use the Grounders for manual labour/slavework? You know, for harvesting their crops, food, etc. And perhaps each floating building does double as a city of sorts. Then again, why would the palace and that temple be separate and out of what's considered a "city" range? Maybe they don't have an actual "city" in the sense of the word and its spread out in Tangea's sky and you have to use one of those hovercraft to go from building to building.

Gosh, who knows, there are just so many possibilities here when discussing Tangean politics. I was always curious as to why the Royals considered themselves "Tangeans" and hold all the power whereas Grounders are also Tangeans since they live on Tangea and yet have no say in anything.

Last edited by Steel on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 am

Steel wrote:
EEZ wrote:As for the Outback Quadrant, which IS mentioned, the initial six quadrants (as there is the mentioning of a Zeta Quadrant and nothing after) may possibly have unofficial names to them. It could be that the Alpha Quadrant is the Outback Quadrant, or the Delta. It cannot be the Gamma Quadrant, however; that is where the GA is located.
Yeah, there was an Outback Quadrant mentioned, but I'm pretty sure that's just a slang term. I bet the Gamma Quadrant might sometimes be unofficially called the GA Quadrant. Then again, we can't know for sure.

As for which quadrant the Outback Quadrant is? It could be anything, really. It could even be either the Beta or Delta Quadrant--just referred to the Outback Quadrant in slang. And we don't even know if Zurg is in the Zeta Quadrant, either. No mentions of where Unfriendly Space may or may not be--and I bet that's a slang term too.

That's pretty much all that I said previously.

There's also the mentioning of fifty sectors back in The Torque Armada -- so take that for a spin if you want. In any case, I agree that Tangeans practice self-quarantine. They don't venture off their homeworld, and as for the senator issue... I wonder if they prefer to use communication screens instead of a real-life representative. The only Tangeans that we know of being off Tangea for extended periods of time are both Mira Nova and Fop Doppler. Lord Angstrom doesn't count as he's back in prison. And by a slim margin, King Nova thanks to several events in multiple episodes.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:57 am

Yep, pretty much we're just going in circles by the end of it. And you mean the "wanted in all 50 sectors" line, right? Now, does that mean the Gamma Quadrant is split into 50 sectors, or the galaxy is?

A real-life representative would probably be considered "beneath" them. They might very well communicate with vid-screens with the rest of the Senate for all we know. As for Fop, I wonder what he's even doing with his new-found Space Ranger status. Maybe he got bored of that too. Or maybe he did go off to become a Ranger. Who knows? Seems like the only three Royals who are off-Tangea are doing so because of their professions. Mira and Fop are Rangers and Angstrom has been reduced to being a crook.

I hate all these gaps... why couldn't the writers/producers/animators be more consistent!?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum