To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crying Wolf (Fox Storm and ab103 only-Complete)

2 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Crying Wolf (Fox Storm and ab103 only-Complete) - Page 3 Empty Re: Crying Wolf (Fox Storm and ab103 only-Complete)

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty raised an eyebrow at Alfred's comment, but he figured that Alfred was just mostly musing over the name. He was an expert in robotic development after all, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to Ty in knowing that Alfred had obviously heard of the energy vampire. "So why am I starting to feel a bit edgy talking about NOS-4-A2 in front of Alfred? He has heard of him, but it's not like he was the one who built him or anything. Well, whatever."

"So, Team Lightyear and I split off into teams to find the energy vampire and catch him before he tried to feed on the energy we collected. Booster and I didn't find him, but Buzz did." What a shocker. Ty thought dryly. "We found him and he was about to have XR for a snack when I decided to try to stop him myself before Buzz did. And then..that's when the trouble started." He paused, using the break he had to close his eyes and breathe in; this was going to be the hard part.

"Hard part?" Alfred guessed, brow raised. "Once you're ready, you might want to say it in one fell swoop. Get it over all at once, you know?" Though, he was wondering if he really wanted to know now. He wasn't sure what he wonder this though, but he did have a horrible feeling about what was to be said. It was probably nothing, right? He was just being paranoid...! Yes, that had to be it...
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Crying Wolf (Fox Storm and ab103 only-Complete) - Page 3 Empty Re: Crying Wolf (Fox Storm and ab103 only-Complete)

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Hard part?" Alfred guessed, brow raised.

Ty opened his eyes and gave Alfred a sideways glance. He nodded at Alfred's question.

ab103 wrote:
"Once you're ready, you might want to say it in one fell swoop. Get it over all at once, you know?" Though, he was wondering if he really wanted to know now. He wasn't sure what he wonder this though, but he did have a horrible feeling about what was to be said. It was probably nothing, right? He was just being paranoid...! Yes, that had to be it...

"Easier said than done, Alfred. But...I'll try." Ty sighed, preparing himself for what he was going to say next. "Alright....so I tackled the energy vampire before he could attack XR. We wrestled for a few minutes before he decided to play rough with me and take a snack out of my suit. Now the air on Canis Lunis is toxic, so the suit was the only thing giving me oxygen. By sucking the energy from the suit, the oxygen was being sucked out. I struggled to breathe."

"Before I was about ready to pass out, he stopped all of a sudden. I heard him screaming in pain; it turned out Buzz had turned the satellite dish from collecting the green moon's energy onto the energy vampire, sucking him out of energy. It was strong enough to weaken him, but it wasn't strong enough to keep him down for good. He started to escape, but I wasn't about to stand for it. So I grabbed him. He tried to escape, but I just held on tightly not letting him go. He scratched at my suit, which wasn't bothering me...until what he did next."

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:09 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty opened his eyes and gave Alfred a sideways glance. He nodded at Alfred's question.

"Easier said than done, Alfred. But...I'll try." Ty sighed, preparing himself for what he was going to say next. "Alright....so I tackled the energy vampire before he could attack XR. We wrestled for a few minutes before he decided to play rough with me and take a snack out of my suit. Now the air on Canis Lunis is toxic, so the suit was the only thing giving me oxygen. By sucking the energy from the suit, the oxygen was being sucked out. I struggled to breathe."

"Before I was about ready to pass out, he stopped all of a sudden. I heard him screaming in pain; it turned out Buzz had turned the satellite dish from collecting the green moon's energy onto the energy vampire, sucking him out of energy. It was strong enough to weaken him, but it wasn't strong enough to keep him down for good. He started to escape, but I wasn't about to stand for it. So I grabbed him. He tried to escape, but I just held on tightly not letting him go. He scratched at my suit, which wasn't bothering me...until what he did next."

It was safe to say that Alfred had naturally pale skin. There had to be awkward genetics involved, considering that both sides of his family had darker skin than him, given his dad and his cousin next to him. So, it was less noticeable when he paled from fear, but he knew exactly what he was doing at the moment. He went silent and stared straight ahead. He knew what Ty was going to say now. He had a very good idea, at least. All the same, he wanted to hear it from Ty himself. He wanted to hear that he was wrong and Ty hadn't been... Oh Chyst be, he didn't want to think of it.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm

ab103 wrote:

It was safe to say that Alfred had naturally pale skin. There had to be awkward genetics involved, considering that both sides of his family had darker skin than him, given his dad and his cousin next to him. So, it was less noticeable when he paled from fear, but he knew exactly what he was doing at the moment. He went silent and stared straight ahead. He knew what Ty was going to say now. He had a very good idea, at least. All the same, he wanted to hear it from Ty himself. He wanted to hear that he was wrong and Ty hadn't been... Oh Chyst be, he didn't want to think of it.

Ty stopped, feeling something shake. He looked to see it was his arm; it was shaking voluntarily. He grasped it with his other hand to keep it from shaking violently. He looked at Alfred; Alfred looked very concerned, and if Ty didn't know any better, he would have said that Alfred was downright pale...more than usual.

"I-I-what happened was-" He furrowed his brow, not in anger, but in grim sadness and..fear? He looked at Alfred straight in the eye, even if Alfred wasn't looking at him. He murmured in a quiet yet sober tone, "This is something I'll never be able to let go, Alfred, so don't give me any grief about it."

"What happened next? He tore off part of my suit on my arm, and then....he...he bit me."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty stopped, feeling something shake. He looked to see it was his arm; it was shaking voluntarily. He grasped it with his other hand to keep it from shaking violently. He looked at Alfred; Alfred looked very concerned, and if Ty didn't know any better, he would have said that Alfred was downright pale...more than usual.

"I-I-what happened was-" He furrowed his brow, not in anger, but in grim sadness and..fear? He looked at Alfred straight in the eye, even if Alfred wasn't looking at him. He murmured in a quiet yet sober tone, "This is something I'll never be able to let go, Alfred, so don't give me any grief about it."

"What happened next? He tore off part of my suit on my arm, and then....he...he bit me."

"...That wasn't supposed to happen." Alfred gripped the railing tightly and tried to keep from hyperventilating. "No... He wasn't supposed to do that... NOS-4-A2. Bit. YOU. On Canis Lunis. Chyst be... Don't tell me what happened. I'll figure it out. I'm so sorry... So, so sorry..."

He pulled out his monocle and immediately put it on, running his finger around the rim to turn it on. "Don't tell Nebula... Please... I know you don't know what this does..." He pointed, hand shaking, at the glass over his eye. "But don't tell him. ...I just have to know on my own."

And there it was before him, displayed over his right eye. Scenes of the event on Canis Lunis, all seen from the point of view of an outsider. Ribbons of varying color, sizes, and patterns ran through that only he could interpret. He saw everything that happened on Canis Lunis up to NOS-4-A2 recovering a stray moon rock. He saw what the robot said. Suddenly, he looked to sometime after that event. How badly Ty was used by NOS-4-A2... He watched until he saw NOS-4-A2 impaled and offlined for good and shut off the monocle, pocketing it and staring at Ty.

"Skip to the end. What happened to you after NOS-4-A2 was k-killed...?" Deaths always freaked him out. Even if it was of a robot who deserved it.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:01 pm

ab103 wrote:

"...That wasn't supposed to happen." Alfred gripped the railing tightly and tried to keep from hyperventilating. "No... He wasn't supposed to do that... NOS-4-A2. Bit. YOU. On Canis Lunis. Chyst be... Don't tell me what happened. I'll figure it out. I'm so sorry... So, so sorry..."

Ty raised an eyebrow, and then arched his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you-"

ab103 wrote:
He pulled out his monocle and immediately put it on, running his finger around the rim to turn it on. "Don't tell Nebula... Please... I know you don't know what this does..." He pointed, hand shaking, at the glass over his eye. "But don't tell him. ...I just have to know on my own."

Ty gaped in confusion, his eyes widening. That monocle looked just like NOS-4-A2's monocle! Except...it wasn't red like the energy vampire's. Ty looked a bit scared; he was sure that even though that wasn't NOS-4-A2's monocle, he could help but feel fear about what it would do. But before Ty could get a chance to ask, Alfred activated the monocle and he looked through it.

ab103 wrote:
And there it was before him, displayed over his right eye. Scenes of the event on Canis Lunis, all seen from the point of view of an outsider. Ribbons of varying color, sizes, and patterns ran through that only he could interpret. He saw everything that happened on Canis Lunis up to NOS-4-A2 recovering a stray moon rock. He saw what the robot said. Suddenly, he looked to sometime after that event. How badly Ty was used by NOS-4-A2... He watched until he saw NOS-4-A2 impaled and offlined for good and shut off the monocle, pocketing it and staring at Ty.

He glared a bit before guardedly asked,
"Alfred, what did you do just-"

ab103 wrote:
"Skip to the end. What happened to you after NOS-4-A2 was k-killed...?" Deaths always freaked him out. Even if it was of a robot who deserved it.

Ty's eyebrows went up in shock before he blinked and demanded, "How did you know he was killed?! What's going on?!" Ty was angry and disturbed by Alfred's monocle. He wanted to know how Alfred did what he did.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty raised an eyebrow, and then arched his eyebrows in confusion. "What are you-"

Ty gaped in confusion, his eyes widening. That monocle looked just like NOS-4-A2's monocle! Except...it wasn't red like the energy vampire's. Ty looked a bit scared; he was sure that even though that wasn't NOS-4-A2's monocle, he could help but feel fear about what it would do. But before Ty could get a chance to ask, Alfred activated the monocle and he looked through it.

He glared a bit before guardedly asked,
"Alfred, what did you do just-"

Ty's eyebrows went up in shock before he blinked and demanded, "How did you know he was killed?! What's going on?!" Ty was angry and disturbed by Alfred's monocle. He wanted to know how Alfred did what he did.

"Tit for tat, I suppose. You answered my previous questions, so I'll answer yours first..." He pulled out his monocle again and held it up. "Commander Nebula doesn't want me using this because it gives me too much of an advantage that he thinks I don't need. Don't tell anyone here, dear cousin, but it's connected to the timeline and displays any and all information that happened in time. I know how to control it properly, so I know how to search for exact information. I looked into the event you were talking about and your next encountered with NOS-4-A2. As for what's going on... Well, I suggest you tell me what happened after NOS-4-A2 was killed and then I'll answer that... I really am sorry though... So sorry..."

Alfred put the monocle away again. Everything he said was rushed, but it was obvious he was not going to repeat it should Ty ask again. It was bad enough considering what happened just now... Ty was absolutely hate him when he found out what happened in the past... And if HE didn't kill him for it then Pixel or even one of his brothers would.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:27 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Tit for tat, I suppose. You answered my previous questions, so I'll answer yours first..." He pulled out his monocle again and held it up. "Commander Nebula doesn't want me using this because it gives me too much of an advantage that he thinks I don't need. Don't tell anyone here, dear cousin, but it's connected to the timeline and displays any and all information that happened in time. I know how to control it properly, so I know how to search for exact information. I looked into the event you were talking about and your next encountered with NOS-4-A2. As for what's going on... Well, I suggest you tell me what happened after NOS-4-A2 was killed and then I'll answer that... I really am sorry though... So sorry..."

Ty stood there, trying to process everything Alfred had just said. A device...that could see time?! "How..how's that possible? Where did you get this device and how did you get your hands on it?" It was clear that Ty was in shock that his cousin could even come across a device. But he felt an even stronger emotion than shock.

ab103 wrote:
Alfred put the monocle away again. Everything he said was rushed, but it was obvious he was not going to repeat it should Ty ask again. It was bad enough considering what happened just now... Ty was absolutely hate him when he found out what happened in the past... And if HE didn't kill him for it then Pixel or even one of his brothers would.

He glared at his cousin. "So you saw how that energy vampire bit me and turned me into something I didn't ask to be turned to, and used for his own gain when everyone could have gotten killed!" Ty was seething in anger. His fists were literally shaking with fury, and he looked ready to pummel Alfred to the ground.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty stood there, trying to process everything Alfred had just said. A device...that could see time?! "How..how's that possible? Where did you get this device and how did you get your hands on it?" It was clear that Ty was in shock that his cousin could even come across a device. But he felt an even stronger emotion than shock.

"Complex science. It's difficult to explain and I have NO idea who made it first. As for where I got it, you know how I ran away for a long time? I got it from the planet I stayed on. There's only one like it and I had to convert it to a monocle in order for it to be useful for me."

Fox Storm wrote:
He glared at his cousin. "So you saw how that energy vampire bit me and turned me into something I didn't ask to be turned to, and used for his own gain when everyone could have gotten killed!" Ty was seething in anger. His fists were literally shaking with fury, and he looked ready to pummel Alfred to the ground.

Alfred whimpered and buried his face in his hands, pathetically. "Please, PLEASE don't make this even worse for me... That's not even the worst of it, Ty. No one here knows all of what I did before coming here. Not even my own father, though he comes the closest. Ty, please. I'll explain but first... Calm down, sit down, assure me that you won't kill or hurt me for, or tell anyone, what I'm about to say...." He left off what he was about to say: And give me a running start for when you go back on your word.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Complex science. It's difficult to explain and I have NO idea who made it first. As for where I got it, you know how I ran away for a long time? I got it from the planet I stayed on. There's only one like it and I had to convert it to a monocle in order for it to be useful for me."

"But why? Why would you want a monocle to yourself?"

ab103 wrote:
Alfred whimpered and buried his face in his hands, pathetically. "Please, PLEASE don't make this even worse for me... That's not even the worst of it, Ty. No one here knows all of what I did before coming here. Not even my own father, though he comes the closest. Ty, please. I'll explain but first... Calm down, sit down, assure me that you won't kill or hurt me for, or tell anyone, what I'm about to say...."

As much as Ty felt like pummeling his cousin, deep down he knew better. He knew better than to attack Alfred when he wasn't even given a chance to explain himself. Besides, looking at Alfred's whimpering had cooled his anger. He actually felt sorry for his cousin. He was still mad at him, but he had calmed down enough to be able to listen to Alfred.

ab103 wrote:He left off what he was about to say: And give me a running start for when you go back on your word.

Ty crossed his arms, and smiled with a snark, "Heh. I might take you up on that offer. But I'm listening."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Fox Storm wrote:

"But why? Why would you want a monocle to yourself?"

"Because, good sir, I happen to LIKE monocles."

Fox Storm wrote:
As much as Ty felt like pummeling his cousin, deep down he knew better. He knew better than to attack Alfred when he wasn't even given a chance to explain himself. Besides, looking at Alfred's whimpering had cooled his anger. He actually felt sorry for his cousin. He was still mad at him, but he had calmed down enough to be able to listen to Alfred.

Ty crossed his arms, and smiled with a snark, "Heh. I might take you up on that offer. But I'm listening."

Alfred looked annoyed with the snark for a moment but forced himself to take a deep breath. "Well... Let me start by saying that... I worked for Zurg, in the past. That's what I came here for in the first place, to ask Commander Nebula's help in getting out of it. I mean, really, he does NOT give good wages to those who work freelance and I was losing money working for him. I was hardly able to make up for it with my normal job- Ah... Never mind, that's not the important part."

He slowly and carefully inched his way towards the door, hoping that Ty wouldn't notice that he was trying to escape. He owed it to his cousin to tell him the truth, and he would do that much. But, as soon as it was out, he was bolting. He was NOT going to tolerate the retribution he knew he would face.

"Some time ago... He gave me this project to work on... It was a very interesting project. Remember when I said I worked for three days straight before? It was on this one... I happened to name it... Um..." He visibly flinched before stuttering out the name. "N-NOS-4-A2..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 pm

ab103 wrote:

"Because, good sir, I happen to LIKE monocles."

Ty resisted the urge the roll his eyes. Of course Alfred liked monocles.

ab103 wrote:

Alfred looked annoyed with the snark for a moment but forced himself to take a deep breath. "Well... Let me start by saying that... I worked for Zurg, in the past. That's what I came here for in the first place, to ask Commander Nebula's help in getting out of it. I mean, really, he does NOT give good wages to those who work freelance and I was losing money working for him. I was hardly able to make up for it with my normal job- Ah... Never mind, that's not the important part."

He slowly and carefully inched his way towards the door, hoping that Ty wouldn't notice that he was trying to escape. He owed it to his cousin to tell him the truth, and he would do that much. But, as soon as it was out, he was bolting. He was NOT going to tolerate the retribution he knew he would face.

"Some time ago... He gave me this project to work on... It was a very interesting project. Remember when I said I worked for three days straight before? It was on this one... I happened to name it... Um..." He visibly flinched before stuttering out the name. "N-NOS-4-A2..."

If Ty wasn't already shocked by the fact Alfred worked for Zurg, he was now even more shocked that the 'project' he worked on was the very thing that had changed his life forever!

The only thing Ty could stutter out was..."W-What? YOU built him?" Ty was feeling so many emotions all at once-anger, confusion, betrayal, shock, turmoil. They swirled within him and they were so powerful that he had to grip the railing tightly. He held on so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He wanted so badly to yell at his cousin, he wanted to strangle him, he wanted to wring his neck....but he couldn't do it. He just couldn't have the strength to run after his cousin in a rage.

He was so overwhelmed by his emotions, that he did the only thing he could think of:

He fell to his knees, shuddering.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty resisted the urge the roll his eyes. Of course Alfred liked monocles.

If Ty wasn't already shocked by the fact Alfred worked for Zurg, he was now even more shocked that the 'project' he worked on was the very thing that had changed his life forever!

The only thing Ty could stutter out was..."W-What? YOU built him?" Ty was feeling so many emotions all at once-anger, confusion, betrayal, shock, turmoil. They swirled within him and they were so powerful that he had to grip the railing tightly. He held on so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He wanted so badly to yell at his cousin, he wanted to strangle him, he wanted to wring his neck....but he couldn't do it. He just couldn't have the strength to run in a rage after his cousin.

He was so overwhelmed by his emotions, that he did the only thing he could think of:

He fell to his knees, shuddering.

Alfred was surprised by the lack of chase and was even more surprised to find Ty on his knees like that. He hesitated and then crouched down next to him. He didn't want to touch him. No, he did too much damage for that. "I'm sorry." He sighed and rubbed his temples, eyes squeezed shut. "No, no... That doesn't cut it... It doesn't change a thing, I know. But I'm sorry. I never meant for NOS-4-A2 to bite you. To bite any organic. He wasn't supposed to do that. I had no idea what would happen if he did, and I didn't foresee the circumstance that you were put in... Where a moon like Canis Lunis had would mutate a person once bitten. I mean... I can assume WHY it did that... I know how NOS-4-A2 works after all..."

He frowned and looked up at Ty. "Are you going to tell Commander Nebula...? You're the first person I told this to... That I was a major player in the construction of NOS-4-A2... I can understand if you would tell... I can understand if you hate me for it..."

Last edited by ab103 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 pm

(I'll fill in my part tomorrow or Tuesday; my family's calling me. See ya later! Wink )
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Fox Storm wrote: (I'll fill in my part tomorrow or Tuesday; my family's calling me. See ya later! Wink )

((Okay, deary, I'll just be patient. Razz I'll hope to see you soon!))
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred was surprised by the lack of chase and was even more surprised to find Ty on his knees like that. He hesitated and then crouched down next to him. He didn't want to touch him. No, he did too much damage for that. "I'm sorry." He sighed and rubbed his temples, eyes squeezed shut. "No, no... That doesn't cut it... It doesn't change a thing, I know. But I'm sorry. I never meant for NOS-4-A2 to bite you. To bite any organic. He wasn't supposed to do that. I had no idea what would happen if he did, and I didn't foresee the circumstance that you were put in... Where a moon like Canis Lunis had would mutate a person once bitten. I mean... I can assume WHY it did that... I know how NOS-4-A2 works after all..."

He frowned and looked up at Ty. "Are you going to tell Commander Nebula...? You're the first person I told this to... That I was a major player in the construction of NOS-4-A2... I can understand if you would tell... I can understand if you hate me for it..."

(Okay, we're back! WHOO!)

While Alfred had apologized and explained to Ty about NOS-4-A2, Ty just knelt there, barely able to stop his shuddering. He did hear what Alfred said, but his words sounded so distant. He just stared at the floor, too overwhelmed by his emotions to say anything. It seemed like a long time before Ty moved again. When he did, he looked into Alfred's eyes. Alfred trembled at how haunting and empty Ty's expression seemed.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
(Okay, we're back! WHOO!)

While Alfred had apologized and explained to Ty about NOS-4-A2, Ty just knelt there, barely able to stop his shuddering. He did hear what Alfred said, but his words sounded so distant. He just stared at the floor, too overwhelmed by his emotions to say anything. It seemed like a long time before Ty moved again. When he did, he looked into Alfred's eyes. Alfred trembled at how haunting and empty Ty's expression seemed.

Alfred didn't even try to hide his grimace at the horrible look he saw in Ty's eyes. He knew exactly what he was doing, working for Zurg. He was doing it for his own gain, and in spite since he knew that his father, Commander Nebula, was in charge of Star Command. But, even with all that he did for Zurg, he always knew in the back of his mind, perhaps even in his heart no matter how cliched that was, that evil never won. Especially not against the likes of Buzz Lightyear, that accursed over-achiever. But, in all of his own childishness, he supposed that he forgot to take into account that people DID get hurt here. Sometimes it was worse than others. People were left physically damage, such as his father's missing leg. People were left mentally scarred, such as Ty.

However... Though he hadn't faced the same hardships as any of the rangers here, he had his own problems that he acquired in life. His own physical damage and mental scars. His thoughts strayed to his long-gone wife and he frowned, suddenly grabbing Ty by the shoulders and pulling him up. "Snap out of it. Or don't, whichever you prefer. Given how strong I'm not, it'll be easier to drag you along if you're unresponsive. You CLEARLY need some tea. Something to calm you down, at the very least. We're going to the cafeteria. Come along."

If there was one thing he learned in life, it was how insane a person could get if they didn't work through their problems. Alfred was just now overcoming his own bout of insanity, and he wasn't going to let Ty fall into one. He gripped Ty by the wrist and dragged him in the direction of the cafeteria, hoping to find a decent type of tea.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:04 pm

ab103 wrote:
Alfred didn't even try to hide his grimace at the horrible look he saw in Ty's eyes. He knew exactly what he was doing, working for Zurg. He was doing it for his own gain, and in spite since he knew that his father, Commander Nebula, was in charge of Star Command. But, even with all that he did for Zurg, he always knew in the back of his mind, perhaps even in his heart no matter how cliched that was, that evil never won. Especially not against the likes of Buzz Lightyear, that accursed over-achiever. But, in all of his own childishness, he supposed that he forgot to take into account that people DID get hurt here. Sometimes it was worse than others. People were left physically damage, such as his father's missing leg. People were left mentally scarred, such as Ty.

However... Though he hadn't faced the same hardships as any of the rangers here, he had his own problems that he acquired in life. His own physical damage and mental scars. His thoughts strayed to his long-gone wife and he frowned, suddenly grabbing Ty by the shoulders and pulling him up.

Ty didn't say anything, but just let Alfred lift him onto his feet, as he stared at Alfred.

ab103 wrote:
"Snap out of it. Or don't, whichever you prefer. Given how strong I'm not, it'll be easier to drag you along if you're unresponsive. You CLEARLY need some tea. Something to calm you down, at the very least. We're going to the cafeteria. Come along."

If there was one thing he learned in life, it was how insane a person could get if they didn't work through their problems. Alfred was just now overcoming his own bout of insanity, and he wasn't going to let Ty fall into one. He gripped Ty by the wrist and dragged him in the direction of the cafeteria, hoping to find a decent type of tea.

Ty didn't really resist much, he just let Alfred grab his wrist and dragged him out of the room and into the corridors to the cafeteria. While they headed there, Ty began to think about Alfred and his confession to working for Zurg and building NOS-4-A2.

"So Alfred WAS responsible for the energy vampire?" That question burned inside his mind over and over again. His cousin, while nowhere near perfect and not exactly the nicest guy in the galaxy, yet secretly having a heart of gold to show every now and then, built that...monster? He looked at Alfred from behind, although Alfred couldn't see since he was leading the way to the cafeteria. What was he going to do? He couldn't harm him or bring him to justice; he was already in a strained relationship with Commander Nebula as it was, but he couldn't let him get away with it either. That energy vampire had taken Ty's life and forever changed it in the worst possible way!

So...what should he do?

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty didn't say anything, but just let Alfred lift him onto his feet, as he stared at Alfred.

Ty didn't really resist much, he just let Alfred grab his wrist and dragged him out of the room and into the corridors to the cafeteria. While they headed there, Ty began to think about Alfred and his confession to working for Zurg and building NOS-4-A2.

"So Alfred was responsible for the energy vampire?" That question burned inside his mind over and over again. His cousin, while nowhere near perfect and not exactly the nicest guy in the galaxy, yet secretly having a heart of gold to show every now and then, built that...monster? He looked at Alfred from behind, although Alfred couldn't see since he was leading the way to the cafeteria. What was he going to do? He couldn't harm him or bring him to justice; he was already in a strained relationship with Commander Nebula as it was, but he couldn't let him get away with it either. That energy vampire had taken Ty's life and forever changed it in the worst possible way!

So...what should he do?

Alfred had Ty wait at one of the tables in the cafeteria. It was still early in the morning and no one was there yet, luckily. He dived into the kitchen, without a word, and from outside you could hear him rummage around, occasionally muttering something. Finally, he called out "Splendid!" followed by more rummaging. He returned to Ty's table, holding two cups of tea, and set them down. He pushed one towards Ty, giving him a stern look. "Drink that. It's not the best kind of tea out there, but I'll tolerate what Star Command has on supply, for now. It should help you relax, in any case."

He sipped at his own and then set down the cup, staring at the near-blank look he continued to get from Ty. "Well? What are you going to do? I hope you won't let it get to you. I know I was going to grant you one night of kindness, but now that all the secrets are out, I'll feel better about being a jerk as usual once more. And, so, I have to point out that being depressed doesn't suit you. I know you're not as strong willed as others out there, but, dear cousin, you MUST get over this."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred had Ty wait at one of the tables in the cafeteria. It was still early in the morning and no one was there yet, luckily. He dived into the kitchen, without a word, and from outside you could hear him rummage around, occasionally muttering something. Finally, he called out "Splendid!" followed by more rummaging. He returned to Ty's table, holding two cups of tea, and set them down. He pushed one towards Ty, giving him a stern look. "Drink that. It's not the best kind of tea out there, but I'll tolerate what Star Command has on supply, for now. It should help you relax, in any case."

He sipped at his own and then set down the cup, staring at the near-blank look he continued to get from Ty. "Well? What are you going to do? I hope you won't let it get to you. I know I was going to grant you one night of kindness, but now that all the secrets are out, I'll feel better about being a jerk as usual once more. And, so, I have to point out that being depressed doesn't suit you. I know you're not as strong willed as others out there, but, dear cousin, you MUST get over this."

When Ty heard that comment, he suddenly stood up, hands on table, nearly knocking over his tea, and snapped in a bitter and angry tone, "HEY! I may not be the best Space Ranger, but I'm strong willed as much as anyone here! Just because I've gotten into trouble more times than I can count DOESN'T make me weak! I've had my own fair of dilemmas, and let me tell you something, I was able to find the strength to get over them and move on with no problem!"

"I know what you're thinking, 'Then why aren't you over the Wirewolf incident?' I'll tell you why! It's because this is something I won't be able to get over this easily! I was bitten by a ROBOT vampire and turned into a thing that could have killed innocent people! Not to mention, cousin,

he seethed icily, "I was USED against my will to become something I didn't want ANY part of, let alone didn't want ANY association with NOS-4-A2! I was able to destroy that energy vampire once and all, but I wasn't able to get over it so easily, and I still can't! I may not be able to get over this right now, but REST ASSURED, Alfred, I'm MUCH stronger than you give credit for!" He stopped ranting for a minute, taking the chance to close his eyes and breathe in deeply to regain his composure.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
When Ty heard that comment, he suddenly stood up, hands on table, nearly knocking over his tea, and snapped in a bitter and angry tone, "HEY! I may not be the best Space Ranger, but I'm strong willed as much as anyone here! Just because I've gotten into trouble more times than I can count DOESN'T make me weak! I've had my own fair of dilemmas, and let me tell you something, I was able to find the strength to get over them and move on with no problem!"

"I know what you're thinking, 'Then why aren't you over the Wirewolf incident?' I'll tell you why! It's because this is something I won't be able to get over this easily! I was bitten by a ROBOT vampire and turned into a thing that could have killed innocent people! Not to mention, cousin,

he seethed icily, "I was USED against my will to become something I didn't want ANY part of, let alone didn't want ANY association with NOS-4-A2! I was able to destroy that energy vampire once and all, but I wasn't able to get over it so easily, and I still can't! I may not be able to get over this right now, but REST ASSURED, Alfred, I'm MUCH stronger than you give credit for!" He stopped ranting for a minute, taking the chance to close his eyes and breathe in deeply to regain his composure.

With his eyes closed, Ty was unable to see Alfred crack a smile, but he could clearly hear Alfred burst out laughing. "Oh, that's rich! That's really rich!" Alfred tried his best to stifle his laughter, but it kept coming. "I'm sorry, but I had to do SOMETHING to snap you out of that stupor. I figure that the quickest way to it would be to insult you. Sorry 'bout that, Ty."

Alfred's laughter finally dissipated and he took on a serious visage. "I wouldn't know what happened to you back then. I only saw the pain, I didn't feel it. I wasn't the one forced into things, so I can't give you any empathy for this, only sympathies. It'll probably take a long time for you to get over it, and I understand that much. But, if you ever want to be over this, you'll have to accept it, you'll have to work through it, et cetera. But, you can't let it get to you. That's the worse thing. You know what happens when you let your trauma get to you...?"

He paused to take another gulp of his tea and then sighed. "You go INSANE. I'm not exaggerating this, Ty. I never went through anything as bad as you, but since I'm much weaker than you, it evens out. First come the nightmares..." Alfred gave his cousin a look. "Then comes paranoia- fear that whatever issues you had will resurface or manifest again in some way. It consumes and, if you don't do something to MAKE it happen again, however unintentional, you then do whatever you can to prevent it, sometimes choosing the worst of the options..." He smiled, though it was wry and clearly unhappy. "I'm not sure what those would be for you, but for me, I chose the worst options. I worked for Zurg. And, I helped to hurt my own family."

He set down his tea. "Don't go at it alone... That doesn't help. Talking about it, like tonight, is one step towards progress, but you need to keep at it. If not me, then Pixel or anyone else."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 pm

ab103 wrote:

With his eyes closed, Ty was unable to see Alfred crack a smile, but he could clearly hear Alfred burst out laughing. "Oh, that's rich! That's really rich!" Alfred tried his best to stifle his laughter, but it kept coming. "I'm sorry, but I had to do SOMETHING to snap you out of that stupor. I figure that the quickest way to it would be to insult you. Sorry 'bout that, Ty."

Ty opened his eyes and scowled at Alfred. He should have known his cousin would try to do something like that. But Alfred was right; it did snap him out of it. So he just sighed and sat down, resting his head in his hands. As he watched Ty calm down and sit back onto the bench...

ab103 wrote:
Alfred's laughter finally dissipated and he took on a serious visage. "I wouldn't know what happened to you back then. I only saw the pain, I didn't feel it. I wasn't the one forced into things, so I can't give you any empathy for this, only sympathies. It'll probably take a long time for you to get over it, and I understand that much. But, if you ever want to be over this, you'll have to accept it, you'll have to work through it, et cetera. But, you can't let it get to you. That's the worse thing. You know what happens when you let your trauma get to you...?"

Ty sighed, still a bit irritated at his cousin. "What?"

ab103 wrote:
He paused to take another gulp of his tea and then sighed. "You go INSANE. I'm not exaggerating this, Ty. I never went through anything as bad as you, but since I'm much weaker than you, it evens out. First come the nightmares..." Alfred gave his cousin a look. "Then comes paranoia- fear that whatever issues you had will resurface or manifest again in some way. It consumes and, if you don't do something to MAKE it happen again, however unintentional, you then do whatever you can to prevent it, sometimes choosing the worst of the options..." He smiled, though it was wry and clearly unhappy. "I'm not sure what those would be for you, but for me, I chose the worst options. I worked for Zurg. And, I helped to hurt my own family."

He set down his tea. "Don't go at it alone... That doesn't help. Talking about it, like tonight, is one step towards progress, but you need to keep at it. If not me, then Pixel or anyone else."

Ty snorted and murmured. "Since when did you become a therapist? I thought Simone was the one who usually gives advice."

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty opened his eyes and scowled at Alfred. He should have known his cousin would try to do something like that. But Alfred was right; it did snap him out of it. So he just sighed and sat down, resting his head in his hands. As he watched Ty calm down and sit back onto the bench...

Ty sighed, still a bit irritated at his cousin. "What?"

Ty snorted and murmured. "Since when did you become a therapist? I thought Simone was the one who usually gives advice."

Alfred flattened his brow, clearly annoyed. "Oh, sure. Ignore me when I'm actually giving advice for once. Let's see how next time you have a problem and I find out about it, instead of trying to help I choose to- I don't know- dump a bucket of water on your or something." He crossed his arms and turned his nose up and away, pouting childishly.

After a moment, he relaxed his pose and looked at Ty again. "Seriously though. You mentioned something about some Simone person who gives advice? Try going to them, in that case, since you clearly don't want to talk to ME about your problems... After all, I just make them worse by being the cause of them." He cracked a small smile, to show that the last thing he said was another attempt at a joke.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:40 pm

ab103 wrote:

Alfred flattened his brow, clearly annoyed. "Oh, sure. Ignore me when I'm actually giving advice for once. Let's see how next time you have a problem and I find out about it, instead of trying to help I choose to- I don't know- dump a bucket of water on your or something." He crossed his arms and turned his nose up and away, pouting childishly.

Ty wiped a hand over his face, groaning. "Oh brother."

ab103 wrote:
After a moment, he relaxed his pose and looked at Ty again. "Seriously though. You mentioned something about some Simone person who gives advice? Try going to them, in that case, since you clearly don't want to talk to ME about your problems... After all, I just make them worse by being the cause of them." He cracked a small smile, to show that the last thing he said was another attempt at a joke.

Ty shrugged and frowned before picking up his cup. "I would, except I haven't seen her in a long time. If I could, I would go see her and tell her what's happened, but...I have to admit..." He paused, taking the moment to smile. For the first time that night, he smiled warmly and with gratitude. "You came pretty close...for once." He took a drink. He normally didn't drink tea, but after what happened tonight, it sounded like the best thing to drink right now.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Fox Storm wrote:
Ty wiped a hand over his face, groaning. "Oh brother."

Ty shrugged and frowned before picking up his cup. "I would, except I haven't see her in a long time. If I could, I would go see her and tell her what's happened, but...I have to admit..." He paused, taking the moment to smile. For the first time that night, he smiled warmly and with gratitude. "You come pretty close...sometimes." He took a drink. He normally didn't drink tea, but after what happened tonight, it sounded like the best thing to drink right now.

"Oh... Well... Huh..." Well, THAT caught him off guard. He hadn't expected to see a sincere smile out of his cousin. And, was that actually a compliment? And, Chyst be, Alfred actually got Ty to drink TEA. "Thank you...? I think...?"
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next