To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Ty's suit

5 posters

Go down

Question about Ty's suit Empty Question about Ty's suit

Post by Mod Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Maybe this was just an animation error, but I'm curious to know; why didn't Ty have a space suit with a jet pack?

I mean, yeah, it's so he couldn't fly like when Mira and Booster could when they were turned into wirewolves, but why didn't Ty have a jet pack for his space suit to begin with when we are first introduced to him in Wirewolf?

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Question about Ty's suit Empty Re: Question about Ty's suit

Post by Ttone12 Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 am

Well I watched Wirewolf to see if he didn't have a jetpack more than once, and he didn't, so I don't think it was just an animation error. So now the question still stands...why does he not have a jetpack?

Well I think that maybe where Ty is stationed a jetpack is not needed since he is not in space, thus won't really need his jet pack for anything.

It may also have something to do with his rank. After all, while most space rangers are off in space battling the forces of EVIL, Ty is stuck on a planet protecting a science experiment. Not exactly a job they would hand out to Buzz Lightyear unless he was needed, which was the case with wirewolf.
Ttone12
Ttone12

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14 am

Ttone12 wrote:
Well I think that maybe where Ty is stationed a jetpack is not needed since he is not in space, thus won't really need his jet pack for anything.

Good point. He doesn't need a jet pack for everything, but it just seems weird because even though the other Rangers have jet packs, they do not necessarily use them as much. But they do have them just in case.

Ttone12 wrote:
It may also have something to do with his rank. After all, while most space rangers are off in space battling the forces of EVIL, Ty is stuck on a planet protecting a science experiment. Not exactly a job they would hand out to Buzz Lightyear unless he was needed, which was the case with wirewolf.

Hmm...I did think about how it could be his rank. But I don't know...it seems odd that even if it is his rank, I think he'd still have a jet pack because it's Ranger protocal or something like that. I mean, it'd make sense if that was the reason why he doesn't have one, and considering where he was stationed and what he was doing on Canis Lunis, but it'd still seem kind of strange not to give him one. (shrugs) I've been wrong before, though.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttone12 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Actually, I just watched an episode, "Head Case" and some of the people running around when the bomb alarm went off, also did not have jetpacks on themselves. So it may very well be a ranking system.
Ttone12
Ttone12

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Really? Huh...I need to start paying attention to these things. Well, I'm beginning to agree with you; Maybe it is a ranking system. In that case, do you think Ty is in one of the lowest ranks, hence why he doesn't have a jet pack? I mean, we are left to presume that he's been at Star Command for as long as Buzz, Rocket and Warp have, but Ty has been assigned to places he'd rather not be versus going out into the heat of battle. As he says, "I'm starving for some action."
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Oh, you’re right! He doesn’t have a jetpack. That’s odd. Maybe he finds it too cumbersome and useless when all he does is patrol? He could have really used one with NOS-4-A2, though.

We’ll have to examine this further when we do the Rewatch sessions. If we see Space Rangers without jetpacks more often than not, we’ll have to check out in what situations they don’t have them to figure out the reason why.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 pm

(nods) That's true, Steel. I didn't think of that. Maybe he did think of it as useless...or maybe he's just afraid of heights? xD

Ty: If I were afraid of heights, I wouldn't be a Space Ranger and you wouldn't have a muse for your stories, Fox.
Me: Grrr...you ruin all the fun!
Ty: Twisted Evil

Good idea; we should look further into this in the Rewatch sessions...
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 pm

very good points! i never actually noticed that, but now i do remember seeing him without a jet pack. he really couldve used it ^^

i think, with Ty's attitude and stationing, he pobably wouldn't have to carry it around or just didnt want too, which would probably be cool with other 'grounded' rangers who were stationed on specific planets.

But, Ttone12 does have a point, it could be a ranking system, but its definitely no animation error
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Pythonmelon wrote:
i think, with Ty's attitude and stationing, he pobably wouldn't have to carry it around or just didnt want too, which would probably be cool with other 'grounded' rangers who were stationed on specific planets.

But, Ttone12 does have a point, it could be a ranking system, but its definitely no animation error

Yeah, that's true. I guess he didn't see the need to carry it around if he wasn't going to use it since he was stationed on Canis Lunis, which, before the wirewolf incident, was boring as heck! Knowing Ty, he seems to be a very practical dude; he knew he didn't need to jet pack since he was stationed on a place that needed him to check out the sectors and make sure all was clear. He was probably bored to death, but he was pretty practical about it.

It could also be the ranking system too, I agree now. Olivus Prime mentioned that Ty's emblem had spiked wings from within his wings, so it is a different rank he holds. What kind of rank it is, that will have to be discussed in our ranking forum!

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:36 pm

;=, so true. i have been looking more at the emblems lately...

wonder if ty was reinstated at the same rank or bumbed up/ down after Revenge? *goes to rewatch episode*
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I think he was reinstated at the same rank, with the spiked wings and all. Hmm...we may have to post a picture up to see if it is or not.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:56 pm

nope i pulled it up hes still in his green shirt and pants with the regular gold logo.

id say try 'war and peace and war' because its the only other episode with him in it, but hes a wirewolf there (?) so never mind
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Hmmm....hold up a sec.

Question about Ty's suit Ty_act13

I think he does have it. You have to see the lines on his wings to see the spikes, but they're there.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:07 pm

hmmm... ok then.

another stupid question. The first few times he turns into a wirewolf, it totally shreds his suit, but in 'Revenge' it doesnt. Suspicious?
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, I don't get it, either. I don't understand why it doesn't shred his suit in RotM.

Uh....umm...Disney magic? Either that, or maybe he gained control over the wirewolf that he can control his clothing from ripping to shreds?....

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm

hmmm, yeah, the control thing makes sense. he does have the sense enough to attack nos when he changes, so that could have something in it

either that or im just thinking way to hard
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah, he did seem aggravated at NOS-4-A2 after he changes, and he got the courage to fight him, despite the fact that Ty's afraid of the energy vampire.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 pm

either makes sense, because if you pay attention disney does that alot

but Ty could have a little control over it
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 pm

(nods) I think it's a bit of both. Ty did seem to have gained control of it, but it's Disney's part as well.

I think they also did it to play down the drama since in his debut episode, Ty's suit was shredded, and that was done in part to enhance the drama. Not just the plot, but also Ty's condition as well. But we'll save that once we get to the episode!

Getting back on topic, I wonder what his rank could be. He's not a Corporal, and he's not a Captain either...

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:48 pm

not a rookie, we know that... but i have no idea. I tried the BLOSC wiki but is doesnt say. Im going on army rankings here, so maybe a private first class?
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Well, check out the Ranks of Star Command topic in Series Discussion. You could add to Ty's rank there! Very Happy

That could work since he's not a Cadet, but he's not of high-rank, either.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:36 pm

on it ;D
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 am

Hmm...personally, I don't really think the jetpacks are issued according to rank. They have such an essential function that going by that system could cause a disaster in the case of an emergency, like, say, an evacuation. What's going to happen to the rangers who can't get away/get out because they didn't have the rank to be issued a jetpack yet?

Seems to me it's more an issue of practicality in Ty's case as stated earlier. He only has to guard the facility, not patrol the whole planet. As for other rangers, it could be a combination of reasons, from (again) practicality to other things, like location and body shape.

They probably give you the choice of whether or not to go with a jetpack in Star Command, for example, because they have plenty of other transportation options, like the star cruisers. And there could very well be other planets other than Canis Lunis where the rangers are only required to a patrol a small area, making the jetpacks unnecessary except in an emergency. On the other hand, there would be planets like Trade World where a jetpack would be absolutely required if the rangers want to do anything.

Now, I mentioned body shape earlier. There are some rangers, like this one...
Question about Ty's suit Ranger_15
...who just can't really use a jetpack. Where exactly can it go? Not her lower back; her upper body could cause too much drag. And definitely not her upper back; there is not only the issue of drag, but a serious health risk, since if placed there, the exhaust from the pack could seriously injure her lower body.
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down