To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booster=Rex?

4 posters

Go down

Booster=Rex? Empty Booster=Rex?

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Ive been wondering for a little while now what inspired the creation of BLoSC's various characters, mostly Team Lightyear.

Mira was pretty obvious to me as one who they created as a sensible buffer for Buzz's personality.

XR also seems obvious - a C-3PO in a reverse of sorts, to make us laugh.

But Booster? I think they got the idea for him from Rex. Hes Buzz's biggest fan; he is a soft, mushy giant beneath all of his brawn; and, in devolutionaires, he devolves into something that looks a heck of a lot like a dinosaur.

What do you think?

Also, some more food for thought: Buzz=Warp, Light=Dark, Year=Matter. A bit of reversals there too if you ask me. Do you think thats where they got the name for Buzz's partner?

Regards,
ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Booster=Rex? Empty Re: Booster=Rex?

Post by Olivus Prime Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 am

I can see the similarities, especially in The Return of Buzz Lightyear, but I certainly think that Rex is a lot more cowardly than Booster, with Booster only fretting when all seems lost, while Rex wimps out whenever he can! Like you said though, I guess some aspects of Rex may have inspired him, like his lizard roots and contrasting appearance/personality. Then again, you've always got to have a big guy on the team, and it's very common that said big guy has a sweet personality!

I think that was intentional with Warp's name. I think Warp was a name that Tad Stones liked, and then obviously Darkmatter is the complete inverse of Lightyear.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 am

Agreed. You've got to have the four corners of the team pretty sharp i suppose. Booster's personality is needed. I guess it came to my head because i could find a logical reason for the other two members of team lightyear. He seemed weak to me - difficult to do an individual piece on. But i think i was wrong: booster's depth comes when under stress, as you mentioned.

You think so too about Warp? Sweet!

Thanks for your opinion!

Regards,
ToInfinityAndEvenFurther

Last edited by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More to add)

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Booster S. Munchapper Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 pm

From what I remember, it sounds like they share the same voice actor at least.
Booster S. Munchapper
Booster S. Munchapper

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Actually, Rex is voiced by Wallace Shawn, and Booster is voiced by Stephen Furst.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down