Booster's Brain(s)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Booster's Brain(s)

Post by Pythonmelon on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:00 pm

i wanted to ask this, because its been eating me alive. How, exactly, is boosters brain in two places? It was mentioned in 'The taking of PC-7' that part of his brain was in his butt, and part of it is in his head. your input?

"He's a bit insane at the moment, but he'll get over it."- Dr. Membrane (Invader Zim)

"John loves his daddy."- Someone I'm too frightened of to name (Fanfiction.net)
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Booster's Brain(s)

Post by Fox Storm on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 pm

I think what he means is that his thought process and basic thinking patterns are in the bottom of the brain; his sensations are in his head, hence thinking with his stomach versus his brain.

"Do you know the legend of the Phoenix?...The Phoenix was a mythical bird that was consumed by fire, but always rose again from the ashes. Perhaps that's what the Phoenix represents-hope, which never dies." -Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: The Animated Series

Storm Front....a BLoSC/X-Men crossover fanfic....NOW on Fanfiction.net!

Glory Days...the Academy Days of four certain Rangers, a BLoSC fanfic. NOW on Fanfiction.net!

*A Ty Parsec fan and proud of it!
Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 pm

good point...

"He's a bit insane at the moment, but he'll get over it."- Dr. Membrane (Invader Zim)

Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm

...But Mira "Mind-Read" him In Wirewolf, right? She shouldn't have found anything about his knowledge on the... whatever the name of that strategy was again.

but you can skyrocket away from me and never come back if you find another galaxy...
...far from here with more room to fly just leave me your stardust to remember you by
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:37 pm

..... it mentioned that his personality was in his 'bottom- brain' but didnt mention what else was there. its very possible his memory is in his head

Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 pm

levy120 wrote:...But Mira "Mind-Read" him In Wirewolf, right? She shouldn't have found anything about his knowledge on the... whatever the name of that strategy was again.

Ah, that's a good point! I didn't think of that...maybe she found the Nuzonian Maneuver through his top brain which is connected to his bottom brain? I mean, the spine and brain are connected to each in the human body. So maybe the brains in Booster's body are connected, and that's how Mira was able to access the memory of that move?

"Do you know the legend of the Phoenix?...The Phoenix was a mythical bird that was consumed by fire, but always rose again from the ashes. Perhaps that's what the Phoenix represents-hope, which never dies." -Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: The Animated Series

Glory Days...the Academy Days of four certain Rangers, a BLoSC fanfic. NOW on Fanfiction.net!

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 am

yeah, the spinal cord would connect them or else thats one jacked up brain

Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:18 am

Pythonmelon wrote:yeah, the spinal cord would connect them or else thats one jacked up brain

I would say so! So perhaps that's it...either that or Jo-Adians' biological makeup are very complex...but I could be wrong!

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 am

i doubt it would be very complicated, but im shooting wild here

Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:18 am

Or the simplest answer: the animators goofed up. It happens. The series fails to be consistent at times. That annoys me to no end, but it can't be helped.

As for the theory of the brains being connected, I like that one, at least. It would make sense that by that time, Mira would know how to read minds. Or maybe she did read the emotions-part of the brain--because Booster was nervous/excited about the Manoeuvre, it was right at the forefront of his mind? Who knows.

But yes, he essentially has two brains. One in his head for feelings and emotions, and one around his, er, posterior for the actual thinking. I like how that's unique, in a way. It's always great to see differences between the various races that don't just consist of physical differences~

[10:33:02] @ Alexa : Greece is the land of "yo, we invented everything you use in America."
[10:33:29] @ Alexa : As well as the land of "yo, all our special observances are on different days than yours."

[12:08:36] Ranger-Nova : Or you've invited Zurg over and Zurg gets jealous if you have anyone else over. XD

color code: #3399FF
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

View user profile http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 am

true story. were over thinking a lot of animation/ inconsistency goofs i think, but its fun.

and yeah, its good to have differences besides just appearence in the races

Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

It is not unlikely that Booster has two brains. In fact, some species of animals on Earth have two brains -- or more correctly, ganglia; which are nervous systems similar but not quite on the functional level.

You may also like to know that humans have two "brains", as well. The higher-functioning (cerebrum) and the lower-functioning (cerebellum).

I'd also like to point out that in the episode Devolutionaries, Booster devolved into a gigantic dinosaur-like creature. For those of you who don't know much about dinosaurs, Booster looked like a mix of the stegosaurus and the ankylosaurus -- both of which were so huge that the had a brain, and a secondary "brain". As to what this secondary brain did, probably not much besides lower nervous function. But, since Jo-Adians are quite large in size, it is entirely possible that a Jo-Adian's brain evolved to accumulate more capabilities like, say, storing true personalities and emotions. His higher brain (the one in his noggin) most likely processes logical situations and questions.

Interesting, yes?
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Saaaay, now that's interesting! I didn't know the stegosaurus had two "brains"! That goes to show that the producers and people who worked on the show either put more effort than we give them credit for into making the show and coming up with consistent biological make-ups for the characters...

Or it's just dumb luck this is a coincidence.

In any case, I think that's a sound theory. If his logical/thinking brain is the one in his head, that explains how Mira read his mind briefly that one time and how he wasn't mind-controlled in "The Taking of PC-7". Because the part of him that makes him Booster is in his posterior.

No wonder he's got such a wide, cushioned rear. It has to protect his important brain~!

[10:33:02] @ Alexa : Greece is the land of "yo, we invented everything you use in America."
[10:33:29] @ Alexa : As well as the land of "yo, all our special observances are on different days than yours."

[12:08:36] Ranger-Nova : Or you've invited Zurg over and Zurg gets jealous if you have anyone else over. XD

color code: #3399FF
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

View user profile http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: