To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethnic Background of Ty

5 posters

Go down

Ethnic Background of Ty Empty Ethnic Background of Ty

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

I've been on quite a few websites which were similar to this one, and there was an interesting question asked: What is Ty's ethnic background? I've heard some folks say he's Hispanic, others say he's Hawaiiain! I think he's Hispanic myself (Mainly Portuguese) with the tanned skin and all.

What do you all think?
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Ethnic Background of Ty Empty Re: Ethnic Background of Ty

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 am

Hm... This can go two ways from how I see it.

One: Ty is from an Earth background -- in which I would agree and say of Hispanic, Chicano, Latino, and such-and-such background.

Two: Ty is from an non-Earth background -- in which... he is from an unclassified race of human due to, perhaps, the BLoSC world not stationed in this very galaxy we call home.

How's that for some thinking?
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Chicano and Latino? That's interesting. I didn't think about that, but that would make sense.

I did figure he was Hispanic from his tanned skin, and, I just thought of this, also in "Wirewolf", we see him look at the moon before he changes into the Wirewolf. Now, I'm not going to say this applies to everyone because I know it doesn't, but I've been told that Portuguese folk have a connection with water, and the moon has been connected with water in many cultures.

(nods) Yeah, I'd figured that he could also not be of non-Earth origin, too, with his large eyes.

Maybe he's like Spock-half human, half something else?

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 am

All interesting points. I didn't know about the Portuguese aspect of the moon, myself.

As for tanned skin, I'd say just about any peoples near the equator of our planet could very well be a candidate for Ty's heritage if he did, in fact, hail from the planet Earth -- literally or genetically.

I also just thought of this: What if being on Canis Lunis got him a tan? Special radiation? The star's certain wavelength of light (presuming there is a star)? Or... maybe he could have possibly been from a human-like specie as you said. Maybe like Cooley, who LOOKS human but has four fingers. That was always interesting to me.

....He does have some rather large eyes. It's probably an animation quirk, but it's fun to speculate why they're so big.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

That's a good point; Any of the peoples near the equator could qualify for Ty's Earth-like heritage...if he did come from Earth, that is.

Hey, there's an idea! Maybe he did get a special tan from radiation. I guess he would have had to stay on there for a long period of time to get that kind of tan, if he did get it from there. I think he already had the tan beforehand, but that is a pretty good theory. Who knows? Maybe he did get the tan from there. (shrugs)

Actually, now that you mention Canis Lunis, I thought of something else. Maybe he was sent to Canis Lunis because besides the reason Star Command thought he could do the job, but also because the air seems to be toxic there. It can harm organics, but it has no effect on robots or the local flora. I know he almost passed out when his suit was being drained by NOS-4-A2, but when he bit into Ty's skin, the skin was showing, yet he wasn't affected by the toxic air...maybe his skin is impervious?

Yeah, he does, doesn't he? Maybe he came from a race of owl-like people! Laughing Just kidding. Anyway, I think his eyes are part of what make him an appealing character, at least to my mind.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 am

Oh, orrrrr.... he sunbathes.

Okay, so that was a colossal what-if. And I do remember that Ty had his skin exposed when NOS-4-A2 ripped into his pressure suit. I do wonder, though. Is the air of Canis Lunis toxic via inhalation or direct contact with the skin? I don't know if it was ever specified, but it's an interesting take and someone could go far with this brainstorming. Of course, it could have been -- yet again -- another animation quirk but those are seldom fun to ever use as reason. I rather like using the imagination.

Owl people! I was honestly thinking that, myself! Although I don't know any Hispanic, Latino, Chicano, and so forth owl people. XD

Still, it's all very intriguing. Just makes you wish the show could have expanded more, huh?
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

(Looks at post) He sunbathes?! (XDDDD, almost falls out of chair) Oh, man. That just made my day! Thanks! Very Happy

That's a good question. I wonder, though. Ty did look like he was going to pass out when NOS-4-A2 bit into his suit. So maybe the air that was powering his suit was vanishing, and he was inhaling the toxic air? Maybe that's why he was unaffected when his suit was torn. Yeah, it'd be fun to brainstorm about it. As do I, EEZ, as do I! The imagination is a fun place to go.

I don't know any owl people, either. XD But hey, maybe he did come from a race of owl-like humanoid people! I smell a plothole that needs to be filled. Time to go get the plotbunnies!

Yeah, I wish the show could have expanded more on a whole lot of stuff. But hey, at least it leaves room for the imagination, right? Gives us a chance to give our brains a workout.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey, it could be a possibility! Maybe he stays under the sunlamp on Canis Lunis due to... lack of sun? Oh, okay. You caught me. I can't spin these wheels forever, and you're welcome! Sometimes spontaneous ideas are the best ideas.

Oh, that reminds me. It was kind of like the scene with Mira in the episode, Good Ol' Buzz. Perhaps it was due to lack of oxygen that Ty was passing out -- it's a great possibility, or maybe even a pressure change? Most likely Canis Lunis air intoxicates via inhalation, and that would explain the rapid response Ty experienced due to a dangerous reaction. Oh, the imagination is a wondrous place.

And take those plotbunnies! Take them, and give them a good shake! They bother me about Zurg all the time, so something should be done about the other characters! And I do wish the show elaborated more. I mean, there are TONS of gaps in the series. It's great for the creativity, like you said, but sometimes you can't help but wonder...

I just hope Disney/Pixar hasn't given upon on this show yet.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:19 pm

It is a possibility, and I love it! I'm so going to have to draw that now. I think he could use that sunlamp to keep him feeling like he can take on the galaxy. He needs it, poor bloke. An, no big. Spontaneous ideas are good!

Yeah, I was about to bring up Mira from that episode. She did look like she was about to hit the big dirt nap when her suit was torn, and that was because of a lack of oxygen from contact with her skin...I think. Yeah, I'm beginning to think Ty reacted rapidly due to the inhalation of the toxic air rather than being affected via the skin. It also gives him a chance to show much of a handsome Hispanic/Owl-humanoid dude he is. He's not that bad-looking, actually.

I shall find those little plotbunnies, and command them to make those plotholes their homes! They bother you about Zurg a lot? Yeah, those plotbunnies (or certain characters) bug me all the time when I should be working on the fancomic or something else. I KNOW; the amount of gaps is enormous! I'm sure those gaps will be filled in nicely.

I hope not. But if we can maybe write to DVD companies to release them on DVD, that could peak their interest.

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Hispanic or Latino, if we're going with Earth backgrounds. And if you think about it, although most Space Rangers are human, not many of them seem to be pure Caucasians. We've got a few blacks, Rocket Crockett among them, some Chinese people, and maybe even a woman who looked Indian! I personally love all the diversity. We've got loads of humans with different backgrounds and loads of aliens! What's there not to love?

...Hey, I didn't know that about the Portuguese! Kind of a long stretch, but a pretty cool theory regardless!

Not sure about him getting tanned from Canis Lunis. The other human engineers there looked pretty regular to me. Or, they were simply not stationed long enough on Canis Lunis to acquire a tan? Personally, if I were Ty, I'd have gone nuts long ago. There's barely anything on that godforsaken moon. How on earth did he even get by?!

Suntanning. Of course. Ingenious! Best way to pass the time.

Yeah, I'll just join the chorus and point out it must've been from lack of oxygen until those emergency systems kicked in to neutralise the area. I think that's how spacesuits work, yeah? If an area gets infected, there's an automatic seal-off from the rest of the suit to prevent death. Or... maybe that's just how Quarian suits do it. Derp.

And Ty's eyes are rather big and owlish. I always figured it was an animator's quirk, because Buzz sometimes has pretty big eyes and the like too. But Ty's are... exceptionally big. I guess the whole "large, bulging eyes" expression gains a whole new meaning with Ty!

But back to the topic, because I've rambled here trying to catch up! I personally think that humans have integrated into one societal niche because I've never seen a scrap of racism or differing religions amongst them. Then again, BLoSC is a politically correct show, so I doubt there would be any in the first place. But it's interesting to point out how, when the same stock Space Rangers are used, they're all of differing backgrounds. Maybe, by BLoSC's time and place, humans have let go of their differences and culture and integrated into one whole to become a part of the Galactic Alliance. There're no longer any terms like "American, "European" or "Asian" to go by, but simply... "human". And the only way you can tell that there used to be different human cultures is through the looks of the characters and the genes that were passed on to them from ancestor to ancestor.

At least that's kind of how I see it. Wow... I think I rambled! xD
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, it's pretty neat about the diversity...one woman was Indian? Which one was she? But anyway, yeah, and it's kind of like Star Wars and Star Trek-no one really cares what you are, just as long as you are respectful to everyone else.

Yeah, it was something somebody told me about the Portuguese. I know it's kind of a long stretch with Ty, but I can't help but think he somehow has a connection to water-maybe he lives near the coast when he's not working in Star Command. But that's just me.

That's true; I didn't think about the other employees. Then again, they mostly were inside while he patrolled the sectors...so maybe he has a secret place to sunbathe? XD. Yeah. He must have a strong will to put up with the assignment; I'd have gone nuts being there for so long since there is little to nothing on Canis Lunis.

It is ingenious! But it's not as ingenius as...wait for it...the HYPER DEATH RAY!....I couldn't help it. Laughing

Hmm...that's true. I didn't think about how the space suits can shut down access to other parts of the suit until the emergency systems are activated.

Yesh, he has large owl eyes. (snickers) Yeah, the expression gives a whole new meaning with Ty....I'll figure out what that meaning is, give me time.

An, no worries. We're just having fun here! Yeah, that's true. They could have integrated into one societal niche. That's not to say ethnocentrism doesn't exist (eg. Tangeans), but maybe it's gone down so long that it is barely noticeable.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

This was the one! Although I might be mistaken, but she looks pretty Indian to me. Or maybe Native American. I'm not sure anymore... I'[m probably going to hit the hay after this post!

There's barely enough background information for Ty as it is, so I think giving him a love for water would be an interesting thing to add in a fanfic. And hey, maybe he just loves getting a tan and going to the beach a lot. Mahambas VI must be one of his favourite planets to chillax on!

That Hyper Death Ray... "How can I destroy the universe without my pen?!" Gotta love 20% more death!

Yeah, because he seemed stunned when it was happening, but afterwards when Buzz and the others were concerned he seemed all right. For getting bitten, that is!

Let me know when you figure it out!

I think that each race would be proud of their race. Like Rhizomians would be proud to be Rhizomians, Tangeans Taneans, etc. but in a community like the Galactic Alliance and planets like Tradeworld where you find so many different aliens crammed in the same place, it's not as noticeable. I think the Tangeans were meant to be snobbish from the get-go since they aren't even a part of the Galactic Alliance, and to mock those who consider themselves superior and the like. But on a whole, ethnocentrism seems to be dumbed down and not really considered or talked about, if that makes sense. Sure, the Bathyosians don't like air-breathers and then there are the Raenoks, but on a whole, there's a sort of balance and harmony.

Damn, I could go on forever about this. It's a shame they never released a guide about the galaxy and alien species. Sad
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Ah, okay. She does look slightly Indian, or even Native American. Maybe she has that kind of heritage, if she's from Earth....I smell another plothole...dang...we're going to need a LOT of rabbits.

Cool Yeah, I think he would enjoy going to the beach a lot; he probably would be one relaxed guy if he did. Maybe he's secretly a surfer, too. Yeah, he must go to Mahambas VI when he's stressed out. All that surf, sun and sand must be good for his health.

How can he destroy the universe without his pen? And what do we do when he finds it? Hyper-die?

They did look concerned when he was bitten, especially since he did try to do his job, but he ended up paying the price for it....poor bloke needs a hug, a break, and a vacation....not necessarily in that order.

Hmm...owl eyes...owl eyes...maybe it means he's one guy who can see a lot of things that others can't...Yeah, I still need time to figure it out....(I may post another topic on this actually...I still need to look at what I've written up on him...) Oh, sorry, talking to myself...

Oh, I agree. There does seem to be a balance of harmony, and a lot of races get along with each other most of the time.

Hey, please, go on about this. I'm interested in what you have to say about this. Yeah, I wish they made a guide to the galaxy. If they can do that with Star Wars, then I don't see why they can't do it with BLOSC.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Saron Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Owl people, eh? That’s a real hoot. Yet being big-eyed is not necessarily recipe for alien, I myself have gigantic saucers for eyes, and boy do they bulge. If he’s Portuguese, I always associated them with Europe; not everyone there is fair skinned as evidenced by certain Irish men, Southern Europeans, Eastern, etcetera. Hispanics more for South America.

You know, it's interesting how you jump to human-like aliens. I always treated them as a population of evolutionary biology. Humans diverge in population. That is why we have French men, and Arabs, Haitians and Hebrews. Cooley could just be a subdivision. Think about it—we have so much diversity on this one planet, and the humans of blocs have multiple worlds and space stations to branch out under different conditions. I never questioned his humanity. Ty’s thicker skin could come from living on a world with higher pressure, or possibly he got vaccinated before his time stationed at Canis Lupis. I wouldn’t want Star Command to station me somewhere without properly taking care of my health first. Think of how they could be sued for not applying preventative action.

As for Mira almost dying, she does have the ability to pass through objects and came from an amoeba from the de-evolutionary episode. It is possible chemicals transfer by osmosis through her system faster than other creatures with thicker skins and solid forms. I always wondered about how her power operated, myself. She diffuses through material? The compound that blocks her could just be layered extra tightly. Food for thought~! Maybe even a new topic.

But I digress, I am getting off topic. Ty to me is Brazilian, or some other type of Hispanic, or even a different term altogether under a different name in the BLOSC universe. Maybe he evolved on Mahamba VI. Tan forever~!
Saron
Saron

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 pm

There very well could be human-like aliens. Sure, it may walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and look like a duck -- but when you get to the nitty-gritty, it's actually some sort of offshoot from the fowl family completely independent on its own at this point in time.

Maybe humans came from one planet in the BLoSC universe, maybe they inhabited worlds at the same time with the right factors. But because the worlds are different somehow and someway, it has altered their make-up to become something entirely unique of the word human.

Perhaps, even humans themselves were not the original strain but a subdivision themselves. Perhaps with this logic Ty comes from a race of humans that have different qualities, same with Cooley. Or, perhaps one is more "human" than the other -- the case being, there are humans as well as human-like aliens if evolution is to be taken into effect.

Who is to say? After all, Lightyear comes from the planet Morph. Then the question becomes: what is Morph and how are the humans like there?
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:45 am

Fox Storm wrote:Ah, okay. She does look slightly Indian, or even Native American. Maybe she has that kind of heritage, if she's from Earth....I smell another plothole...dang...we're going to need a LOT of rabbits.
Hopefully, this thread might let our plotbunnies run rampant! Very Happy

Yeah, he could totally be from Mahambas VI! But then I figure he might have been a more flighty and partying kind of guy. Maybe kind of like Warp in that aspect. His personality doesn’t seem to fit the location. But yeah, surfing there on vacation sounds ideal!

Fox Storm wrote:Hey, please, go on about this. I'm interested in what you have to say about this. Yeah, I wish they made a guide to the galaxy. If they can do that with Star Wars, then I don't see why they can't do it with BLOSC.
If I were to go on, I’d really never shut up about it! I’ve got a lot of ideas about how the BLoSC universe may or may not work spinning around in my head. It’d be cool if we could start up a general discussion thread about the culture in general and just throw our ideas in there. I really wish there was a guide...! It’d be so nifty and useful to know the names of all those species!

Saron wrote: You know, it's interesting how you jump to human-like aliens. I always treated them as a population of evolutionary biology. Humans diverge in population. Cooley could just be a subdivision. Think about it—we have so much diversity on this one planet, and the humans of BLoSC have multiple worlds and space stations to branch out under different conditions.
That’s kind of what I was trying to get at with my human theories a few posts up, but you articulated it so much better than I did! Although I don’t believe BLoSC has categories such as Hispanic and Latinos anymore, I do think that the people, or at least the humans, vary from location to location just like we do, because of how we’ve evolved living in different areas and under different circumstances. I think the same goes for all the alien races BLoSC has too. I mean, we’re shown two examples of Bathyosians in the series. Those who are clearly fish-like and those who almost like mermaids, except not as humanoid. That’s probably due to location, where they’ve evolved, how, etc. Genetics and the like, as well as environment, shaping a species for billions of years, into what it is seen in the present day.

EEZ wrote:There very well could be human-like aliens. Sure, it may walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and look like a duck -- but when you get to the nitty-gritty, it's actually some sort of offshoot from the fowl family completely independent on its own at this point in time.
Yep, like the alien species themselves that practically look human but aren’t. Like Warp, Mira, a few others. The only real differences they have with humans is skin pigmentation and hairstyle, essentially. I’m not too fond of aliens like that because of how they're portrayed and marketed by us as humans, but I don't mind it if they have a clearly defined culture that's different than what we consider the norm. Like all the different alien cultures in Star Wars!

...Actually, no, I just reread what you said and I got it wrong the first time. It’s like the Bathyosian thing I mentioned above. A common ancestor, but an evolution into two different directions, right? Like we Homo Sapiens and the Cro-Magnons that died out. I... think. My history’s rusty.

As for whether Cooley or Ty are human, non-human, or whether one is more human than the other, we’ll probably never really know. But it’s always a lot of fun to speculate! My closing remark on this long, long post is that BLoSC humans are no different from Earth humans, simply having evolved like us under dissimilar conditions, and that their human society is so homogenised that there’s no racism or difference in religion for them all—if they even follow religion or ever had racism in the first place!

Of course, there're the colonies, and the different areas, which can hint at a racism regardless. I always figured that humans frowned down upon other humans who were from colonies and the like. Ah, but this is just opening a whole new can o' worms! We should discuss this in further detail some other place!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:06 pm

...(looks at all replies, whistles) Time to play catch up...

So...yeah I agree. Like I said, good thing rabbits are known for their multiplication skills...if you catch my drift. I was actually thinking of writing back stories for these folks. It'd make my imagination tanks full!

Yeah, Ty may perhaps go to Mahambas VI when he's in need of it. I don't think he'd come from there, but I do think he may enjoy the water as a way of therapy, if you will. Maybe there's something about it that to him, it's kind of relaxing...but that's a fanfic I'm going to have to write up. Hey, maybe he knows Stitch from Lilo and Stitch! XD

Living in a world of high pressure, huh? That's interesting. That would make a lot of sense, since he does seem to have thick skin...except he turned into the Wirewolf...when wires came out of his arm....(shudders) Poor guy. Either that, or you're right, Saron, maybe he did get vaccinated on Canis Lunis.

Yeah, he may have large eyes just like a regular human. But hey, it's still fun to imagine he came from owl-people. Brazilian, huh? I can see that. Actually, I was thinking of an idea for him to come from a planet that is Brazilian-like in nature, with beautiful coasts and skies. I've never been to Brazil, but I've been told it...IS...BEAUTIFUL. I want to go! Ahem, anyway. Random factoid-Portuguese folk also live in Brazil...but er...I don't want to sound like a teacher-I'm already sounding like one!

But...on a historical note, for the sake of sounding like a history teacher again, it is possible that overtime, humans have evolved in the sense that perhaps they have been able to achieve things we don't normally have (four fingers, very large eyes, etc.). I mean, it is possible that humans originally came from Africa, and then spread across the world. I don't see why humans can't have gotten unique characteristics overtime. But I have been wrong before.

It is possible that they do follow their religions, but they don't really care if one agrees with their religion or not. It's just me, though!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:06 pm

If I had a dime every time I had a plotbunny, I’d be stinkin’ rich!

I bet a lot of Rangers go to Mahambas VI to relax. Going on vacation isn’t my way of relaxing, but to each their own. Policing the galaxy’s tough work, I’d think! Also, Stitch would cause more problems than even Gravitina, so I bet Lilo’s barred him from straying too far from home. xD

I dunno about the Wirewolf thing. In “Revenge of the Monsters” everyone pretty much turned into wirewolves. How that can even work baffles me, but yeah, the transformation really did look painful. I think that Ty just might have a higher tolerance/endurance than most seeing as he’s been on his own for a while out of sheer willpower. Physically, he doesn’t seem much stronger than Buzz or Warp, for example.

Yeah, he has that exotic air and look about him. A very healthy skin colour, in my opinion.

And maybe. Cooley’s shown with four fingers usually besides that one scene in “Haunted Moon” where he’s got five, so I call animators mucking things up again. You never know just how they come up with some of these character designs.

Yeah, who knows? It’s fun to theorise, though!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Hmm...would you be willing to lend some of that cash if you were rich to us poor Californians?....just asking. Razz

No doubt about it; those poor Rangers spend much of their time protecting the world from evil, and even doing boring assignments...they need a break every now and then. It's possible they do go to Mahambas VI since it's supposed to be the best place to relax...unless you're Buzz Lightyear. xD (laughs) Yeah, Lilo would probably bust her butt just to keep him from wrecking havoc with Gravitina....I can only imagine what kind of trouble Stitch would get into with Star Command...No, I take it back; I know exactly what kind of trouble he'd get into, and it wouldn't be pretty!

(shrugs) I don't think anybody really has a clue how a human, an organic, can change into a robot werewolf. Although, I've heard some people suggest that maybe it's a form of radiation poisoning from the green moon, which leaked into his biological system, after he was bitten, and because NOS-4-A2 has some animal-like traits (if you think about it, vampires and mosquitoes have a few things in command), those traits somehow got into Ty's blood, and everytime when the green moon pops out, Ty reacts to it via painful transformation....just a thought. He does seem to have a higher endurance/tolerance than most Rangers, and he also possesses a strong will.

I actually had a thought about this for some time, but I always thought if some of the Rangers were to be compared to our superheroes from comic books, I'd wager that Ty would be like Batman. Why? Well, for one thing, Bruce Wayne had something terrible happen to him and he chose to rise above it rather than let it consume him with hatred and anger. Ty also went through a horrific trial in his life, and while he couldn't control it at first, he chose to rise above it once he realizes that his friends are in danger, and he'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Plus, Batman has sheer willpower as well, striving to do the right thing no matter the cost, and Ty exhibits this as well in his appearances in the show.

He is very exotic-looking, isn't he? And he's quite a hunk to boot. xD

It's settled then. He's from a Portugal/South America/Brazil-like planet where there are beautiful coasts and warm nights!...that I need to do more research on and make for Ty.

Ty: You mean, you want to bribe me into telling you where I live when I'm not working at Star Command so you can write stories and draw things to show your appreciation for yours truly?
Me: Yes...Wha-I mean, no! I mean-....Grrr....you're getting good.
Ty: I do my homework. Cool
Me: I'll get back at you for this....

Yeah, who knows how they came up with this character designs? I think they get some inspiration from the Star Wars and Star Trek series....maybe?

It sure is fun to theorize! Very Happy
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 am

Well, this idea has been eating at me for awhile and nobody seems to have posted it yet... but thee series seems to be placed in the far future, so what if capital planet is earth? Space travel and racism would have seemed so useless by then that they just forgot it. That would open up new socialization options. Of course It could be in an entirely different universe or galaxy, but I just threw that out there.

Ty does seem to have a Hispanic/ hawaiin history, but no accent so maybe its just a distant family thing or a mix? And, yes, his eyes are huge. He could possibly be a human- like alien as well, because planets like capital planet, trade world, or mahambas 6 could be homes to evolutionary chains like that.

Or, Ty could just be an avid surfer with dinner plates for eyes. A guy as worriesome as him would need a lot of vacations, especially after being on boring old canis lunas. We need plotbunnies.... or a continuation of the series.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down