To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Astrological Zodiac

4 posters

Go down

character - Character Astrological Zodiac Empty Character Astrological Zodiac

Post by Mod Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Pretty self explanatory. If the characters were to be compared to the astrological zodiac, what do you think they'd be and why?

Personally, with Ty, I think he'd be a Scorpio because, according to some research I found, Scorpios are generally, and I quote, "very determined, reserved, tenacious and secretive."

They are also
very capable of hiding their true feelings and motivations, they often have ulterior motives or a hidden agenda. Scorpios are all about control, they need to be in control at all times. To be out of control is very threatening, even dangerous to the Scorpio's psyche, when they control, they feel safe.

Scorpios are very emotional, their emotions are intensified, both good emotions and bad. Negative emotions of jealousy and resentment are hallmarks of this turbulent astrology sign. On the other side, Scorpios are well known for their forceful and powerful drive to succeed and their amazing dedication. Scorpios are constantly trying to understand their emotions through finding a deeper purpose in life.

Scorpios have a fear of failure which they keep hidden extremely well.

Underneath the cool exterior, energies and emotions are constantly flowing but the Scorpio deals with this be channeling this into useful activities, hobbies, relationships or a career. This is never apparent to the outside observer but knowing this fact explains why Scorpios are so passionate about whatever it is that they are undertaking.

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/scorpio.htm

And while I don't necessarily agree with all of the description of the Scorpio, Ty does seem to fit the sign of Scorpio the most. And the two episodes he was in both aired in October and November. Since we don't know when his birthday is, (or another of the other characters, for that matter), I'm taking the air date from which he first appeared, (Wirewolf, not RotM) as his birthday.

So what do you all think the other characters' signs are?

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

character - Character Astrological Zodiac Empty Re: Character Astrological Zodiac

Post by Ranger-Nova Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 pm

I don't put any stock in astrology, but if I did, I'd say Mira's a Libra (and so am I). Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia says: "According to astrologers, Librans have diplomatic, refined, intelligent, thoughtful, warm, and social natures. "

"Astrologers believe that Librans have strong senses of justice. They carefully weigh opposing sides of any issue and are keenly aware of other people's preferences."

Sounds quite a bit like Mira, although it's possible another sign might fit her better.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

character - Character Astrological Zodiac Empty Re: Character Astrological Zodiac

Post by Mod Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, I don't know if I believe all of what astrology says, either, but I do think a Libra sounds fitting for Mira!

Especially since, according to some research, Libras are also pretty independent, and Mira is an independent princess! ^^

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 am

Yep, that sounds like Mira! Now I need to look around and find one for Buzz.

One obvious sign (no pun intended) that astrology is false is the sentence "They carefully weigh opposing sides of any issue and are keenly aware of other people's preferences." I'm a Libra, and I'm not nearly that sensible. Wink One of my brothers is also a Libra, though, and that description fits him perfectly.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 am

Well, I wanted to say that Zurg would be a Taurus, just for, y'know... Reasons. But, then I read the description for Taurus and saw how they're described as "kind" and "gentle" and thought "Okay, maybe that's more Booster or something..." but then I read that Taurus love material possessions and are ruled by Venus and are loving or whatever and thought: "Whut? XR?"

Then I decided that I would give up trying to associate characters to Zodiac signs, because my relentless need to verify attributes trough various websites is clearly getting me conflicting details on these astrological signs...

Shame really, because I was going to suggest that we'd get twelve characters and assign them each a different zodiac symbol as a BLoSC Zodiac thing, y'know? So, like, if Mira is a Libra like Ranger suggested, then people (like Ranger) born between September 23 and October 22 would be "Mira's".

(Of course, if we did that, we don't need to do it under the zodiac dates... We could just make it one for each month like Mira for... I want to say September.)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:23 am

I think October would be better for Mira (and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact my birthday's in that month! Honest!).

I think I found the perfect sign for Buzz: Leo.

Here's what my encyclopedia says: "Leos are said to be protective of people close to them, especially children and those who are weak. They also have a strong need to be the centre of attention, and may be surprisingly sensitive."

"Leos also have strong organizational skills and make natural leaders."

"The typical Leo makes bigger and bolder plans than other signs do. Even if these plans fail, Leos can usually look on the bright side, sometimes to the point of being unrealistic. "

Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am

Oooh, how interesting! That sounds fitting for Buzz!

I found one for Commander Nebula; he could be an Aries! Aries are generally unafraid to venture into new territory and are also bold, fearless, and can also be aggressive.

Either that or he's a Capricorn...

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 am

I was wondering what would fit Commander Nebula.

Ozma sounds like a Virgo:

"Virgoans are practical, no-nonsense people."

"...they are not very interested in idle conversation, and they can be shy. The typical Virgoan also has a tendency to be critical."

"They are said to be more concerned with doing their jobs well than with personal acclaim."
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:16 am

Heh, that sounds fitting for her!

She sounds more able to fit that description than me, since I'm a Virgo gal myself, but I can be very silly at times, more so than Ozma, anyway. xD

And I'm starting to believe Booster may be a Taurus, now, actually! Taurus can be self-indulgent, but also very caring and very loyal, and can be very physically strong.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 am

"Very physically strong" is Booster alright, and so is caring and loyal.

We still need signs for Zurg and XR. I wonder, maybe Capricorn for Zurg? There were a number of traits that matched him, but others that didn't. Zurg's got such an unusual personality, it's hard to find a match for him.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 am

Yeah, I know! Zurg can be a fun fruitcake one minute, and then a vicious villain the next!

We'll have to do some research for him...although I think I kind of agree with Capricorn for Zurg; Capricorns do have mood swings, and boy, does Zurg ever have them! Now for XR...hmm...

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:37 am

I peg XR to be a Gemini. Geminis are renowned for being adaptable, intelligent, talkative, communicative, but also fickle, not very deep emotionally, manipulative, and easily bored. I could even argue duality with his vampiric self and his normal self.

Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.inklingworks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Ooohhh, that sounds like XR, alright! He is all those things, and I can see the duality with his vampiric self and normal self-the yin and yang!

And according to one website, they're also charming (well, so XR thinks he is, lol), and love to socialize with other people. They can also be scatterbrained and love to play!

Now for Warp Darkmatter...

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Warp Darkmatter...why you so tricky to pin down?

I think I have something, though: Gemini on the cusp of Taurus.
The manipulative social skills that allowed him to play a double-agent for twenty years, coupled with the materialistic motivations that Tauruses are known for more than the other signs.

I also peg Savy SL2 for being a Scorpio. Volatile emotions, a drive for revenge, but also a sensitive disposition, a sharp and focused mind, and direct personality.

Gravitina is possibly a Cancer. Her good side probably has a lot of love and sympathy to go around, but her worse side (the one we tend to see) involves moodiness, an inability to let go, and touchiness. Our sympathetic villain, people, and she needs a hug.

Speaking of sympathetic villains, anyone got an idea about XL?
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.inklingworks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I think XL is a Gemini as well, perhaps bordering on Leo. XL seems to have a split personality as well-one minute he may want to invite you to play cards, and then the next, he may want to blast you into a million pieces! D:

He could also be a Leo, as he can be hostile at times when he's on his bad side. But he can also be naive when he's confused.

Now for Torque...
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down