To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebula's First Name?

+5
Mod
Alexa
Cartoonhottie2009
Pythonmelon
Ranger-Nova
9 posters

Go down

Nebula's First Name? Empty Nebula's First Name?

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 am

Okay, there seems to be a lull in activity here, so it's time to spark some discussion. What do you think Commander Nebula's first name is? As far as I know, it's never stated on the series.

I thought it would be cute if he had a name beginning with X (after all, XR talked about the "X family name"), so you'd have XR, XL, and XN - but then I realised that the only X name I know is Xavier, which is... less than brilliant. So, any suggestions? Perhaps Adam, after Adam Carolla?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Nebula's First Name? Empty Re: Nebula's First Name?

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:25 pm

It never occured to me, thinking about Commander Nebula's first name. I remember Cartoonhottie having her OCs calling him 'Hank'. Something like that does sound reasonable though
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Pythonmelon wrote:It never occured to me, thinking about Commander Nebula's first name. I remember Cartoonhottie having her OCs calling him 'Hank'. Something like that does sound reasonable though

It was Arnie, short for Arnold. I got it from American astronaut Richard R. Arnold.
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Well, according to blosc.wikia.com, Nebula's full name and title is "Commander Zebulon Nebula" but I'd like to know where that information came from. If it turns out to not be true, I'll provide my original post I was about to post about possible X names... (I'm not saying that I think it's false, I'm just saying that I spent too much time typing up the following before I remembered the wikia for me to want to let it go to waste.)

---

Well, here's a list of masculine X names. It includes bunch of names that you'll likely not have heard of before, due to the obscurity of them. Noticeably it's lacking the name "Xanthus" which I'll admit to only knowing from the Broadway musical "People are Wrong!" (which I never saw, but that's beside the point.)

Xander's always a personal favorite of mine when it comes to X names.

In case you couldn't tell, I agree with the idea that we should give him an "X" name, just to fit in with the "X Family" thing. Luckily, there are significantly less male X names then other letters, so if we give him an X name it'll be easy to narrow it down.

I'm a little hesitant to suggest this, but, maybe something like Xenon? It's the name of an element (a noble gas at that) and it already has a similar name with roots in sci-fi (though I personally never really liked the Zenon movies, for some reason... 8P).
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Well, unless it turns out to be untrue, I think we can choose an "X" name for Nebula for ourselves to fit with XR and XL.

For me, I like either Xenon or Xerxes. Xerxes means 'ruler over heroes' in Greek, and even though Nebula is a hero himself, he's certainly the leader over the Space Rangers, and I think the name fits him because of that.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:59 pm

I never realised there were so many X names - interesting! Both Xenon and Xerxes sound fine. And if the wiki is true, then I suppose one could always change the Z in Zebulon to an X and you'd still have an X name.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

ab103 wrote:Well, according to blosc.wikia.com, Nebula's full name and title is "Commander Zebulon Nebula" but I'd like to know where that information came from.
I'm sorry, I put this in before I knew how to cite things. xD I should fix that once I get the chance.

In my version of the computer game of BLoSC, in the little booklet that comes with the cd, it refers to him as "Zebulon Nebula". Zebulon is a legit name. So... this might very well be his canon name. What do you guys think?

I'll edit this post with a photo/scan soon.

ETA: Here it is, and I forgot it was an abbreviated name instead, my bad.

Nebula's First Name? Vxls6l

"Having selected a mission, receive a briefing from Zeb Nebula," is what it says specifically around the middle of this page. Should we... consider this canon? The guide is admittedly a bit wrong in some other parts, like mixing up the names of Marl and Skreel, and doesn't spell some stuff right. But it's our only real lead to a first name for Nebula.

Also, Zeb, as a boy's name is a variant of Zebediah (Hebrew) and Zebulon (Hebrew), and the meaning of Zeb is "gift of Jehovah; dwelling of honor", according to a site I found when I looked up the name Zeb. So... what do you guys think?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Hmm... interesting. I guess this is a sort of canonical "grey area" where it really depends on a person's opinion. I don't mind his first name being Zeb, but if someone wanted to call him something else, I suppose they could still do so and remain in canon.

I wonder who wrote the booklet - was it someone working on the show?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:38 pm

very interesting- Xerxes sounds cool for Nebula ^^

sorry for the mistake on the name!
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Yes, Commander Nebula's name is actually a canonical grey area -- it depends on who you ask if they follow the BLoSC: The Video Game.

In the game's Mission Manual, it simply states his name as "Zeb Nebula"; however, there has been no other mention of this anywhere else. As with all things BLoSC, the show omitted quite a bit out so it's ultimately up to fan interpretation if nothing else comes forward.

I've always preferred calling him Leslie, myself.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Leslie... you know, I can actually see that... Smile I remember seeing the name "Zeb" before - been a long time, but I remember. It's not a bad name, really - simple, but strong.

My preference is to use the name David (Hebrew: beloved). Like I said, strong and simple. I think it fits his character.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.studysherlockiana.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XRUAFan Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Maybe - and this is just my opinion. Maybe he either:
- Is an orphan (not likely, but still) and that's his first name
- Has an embarrassing first name
- Only has one name (like Madonna or Cher)

I like the name Apolo. It would fit in with the whole space theme, and the whole "Buzz" thing.

Last edited by XRUAFan on Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake)
XRUAFan
XRUAFan

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum