To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buzz-Bald?

+13
Pythonmelon
DarklingDragon
Alexa
VTANGArmn22
Saron
MC
Mod
Ttone12
Kenji000
EEZ
musekicker
Steel
Hyper-Death-Ray!
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

buzz - Buzz-Bald? Empty Buzz-Bald?

Post by Hyper-Death-Ray! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah! This is the Question!!!! Is Buzz Lightyear the Bald One??
Never seen before a tuft of hair!!!
I Really Can't imagine him Blond xD
Hyper-Death-Ray!
Hyper-Death-Ray!

CADET

CADET

http://mad-transformers-fan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

buzz - Buzz-Bald? Empty Re: Buzz-Bald?

Post by Steel Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 am

You know, I've always wondered that myself! I've seen some artists on DA draw him blond which looks really, really wrong on him... And then some people give him blue hair, because the Evil Buzz Lightyear had a blue beard and all. I don't think I've ever seen anyone give him brown hair, but that's the colour of his eyebrows in Toy Story...

So I personally think, if he's got hair, it's either brown or blue, but I am of the theory that he always wears that purple hood because he's hiding the fact that he's bald! Yes, even from childhood. He must've had a terrible lack of hair!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyper-Death-Ray! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

Oh Yeah! You've Explained It!!
afro
Hyper-Death-Ray!
Hyper-Death-Ray!

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by musekicker Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:59 pm

It would explain why his head is always covered. He doesn't want the universe to know he's bald Laughing

I like the blue hair theory too.
musekicker
musekicker

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Blond? Hrrrrm, I never got the "blond" vibe about Lightyear. If anything, the Toy Story Buzz most likely -- not saying that he does -- has some sort of brown hair shade. The eyebrows were brown, yes, but also now that I think about it... Toy Story's Buzz has blue eyes, which is not common in people with brown hair, I think. Typically, blond men and blonde women have blue eyes. Or, maybe my genetics is all screwy. I haven't had science in years! SUE ME (not really).

Anyway, I like the balding theory because it'd make sense. If you wear a hat too much you'll go bald, so if Buzz always wears his thermal hood (as we always see him do) then he's flirting with baldness in my eyes!

Now that I also think about it, Buzz Lightyear was based off of John Lasseter -- who does have blue eyes and brown hair. It's a food for thought!
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji000 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Maybe he was born with a weird scalp condition and mood sensitive eyes........ Maybe......
Kenji000
Kenji000

HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyper-Death-Ray! Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 am

I think He is Bald. But if he has to have a color on his head-XD-I'd like to see he Brownish x)
Hyper-Death-Ray!
Hyper-Death-Ray!

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttone12 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

I think he most likely is bald, or just had a bad hair cut that won't grow up back, but yeah, there's a big chance he is bald.

BUT if he did have hair, I think that he would have black hair, or brown.
Ttone12
Ttone12

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 am

Now that I also think about it, Buzz Lightyear was based off of John Lasseter -- who does have blue eyes and brown hair. It's a food for thought!

Buzz based off John Lasseter?...that's an intriguing theory! I'd never would have guessed. And as for me, I think he has brown hair myself. For me, it's just easier to go with the Toy Story version of Buzz. (shrugs)
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

Yes indeed, Buzz Lightyear was based off of John Lasseter! I found that mentioned somewhere the other day too, so it counts as a neat bit of trivia as to Buzz Lightyear's origins. Now I'll keep thinking his dad's name was John...

The only other thing I'd like to add here is that maybe he does have brown hair, because if you check some screenshots for "The Adventure Begins". the swirl on his chin is a faint brown. Or maybe black, but it looks like a faint brown to me since they draw most characters with black eyebrows and eyes simply because of the lineart style.

That being said, maybe Evilyear just dyed his beard blue. To look more evil. I mean, how many villains have you heard terrorised the galaxy with brown hair?

I still think he's bald. Dohoho.
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm

*squints* That looks black to me, your Honour! And you don't need hair to look evil and conquer things! Why, look at Zurg! Not a hair on that baby-smooth face (yes, biased on alien *kicked*).

Maybe the Evil Lightyear has dark blue hair because... blue is the new brown?

Bald as a Jo-Adian, eh?
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 pm

I think it's light enough that it almost looks brown! Almost! It does look kind of black, but then again, comparing Buzz and Evilyear, Evilyear's got a wicked beard and all Buzz has is that curl. Maybe he naturally had blue hair but had some sort of accident as a kid and lost every speck of hair on his body! Maybe he's completely hairless and just as baby-smooth as Zurg!

Yeah, but without the brain in his butt, yanno?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:18 pm

WHAT ABOUT MY BRAIN IN MY BUTT, STEEL!? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF MY PANT SIZE!?

An accident? Oh, I know! What if Buzz repeated what he did to his cat, Fluffy, and ended up singing the hair on his head with a ray gun? Kids do silly things like that. It could happen, and I bet Nana Lightyear would be MIFFED. I feel a one-shot in my bones...
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

That poor cat. No wonder Buzz has a soft spot for kittens. I think that swirl looks slightly brown myself. Now I'm going to think Buzz's dad's name was John. Actually, that'd be fun for an origin story-John and Nancy Lightyear-parents to Buzz Lightyear!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

I WAS MAKING FUN OF BUZZ'S PANT SIZE! Or, rather, his CHIN size! C'mon, you gotta admit that chin's way outta orbit!

But oh, wow, that sounds like a hilarious oneshot. It would explain what happened to his hair and why he kept that confounded purple thermal hood on all the time. And yes, Buzz will always have a soft spot for kitties. He saves them after Zurg puts them up trees, after all!

John and Nancy Lightyear... dammit, now I feel a oneshot coming on! I always wondered why Buzz was raised by his Nana and not his parents... too many plot bunnies, darnit!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Well, uh....let's just say that Buzz's chin is less normal compared to Jay Leno's chin....ah, great. Buzz is going to think I'm weird now. Oh well.

That's true, especially since Warp calls him out on Zurg being behind every plot to stick kittens on trees....

Yes...now I feel the power of the oneshot-ness...MUAUAUAUAUAUAH!....Uh....yeah. There are WAAAAAYYY too many plot holes to be filled in. Good thing rabbits are one of the fastest learners of multiplication.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

buzz - Buzz-Bald? Empty Buzz = Bald

Post by MC Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:54 pm

I say, BUZZ IS BALD!
He is bald, or else has a horrible deformity with his ears. We have not seen his scalp or his ears. Buzz to me seems a cross between Buzz Aldrin and Jay Leno, with a pinch of Tim Allen only for the voice haha.

Hey just to throw the idea around, maybe Buzz isn't fully human and is hiding traits which may consist of pointy ears or something else. It's a long shot, but hey we don't know his parentage, all we know is he was raised by his Nana and Fluffy ( Very Happy ) it could be possible.

Or he has the ugliest tattoo from a night on the town he wishes to forget XD
MC
MC

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Saron Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Isn't it obvious? He keeps the hood on because when his hair grows out, it's an afro.

Silliness aside, what if he always wears the purple thermal hood because, as he always sees evil afoot and is on the job as often as he can, he wants to spring into action at the first tingling of his ranger sense? I also like Steel's dyed hair theory, and it in reality is brown.

MC wrote:Hey just to throw the idea around, maybe Buzz isn't fully human and is hiding traits which may consist of pointy ears or something else.

GASP. Buzz is an elf? Well it explains his incredible disposition for luck. Seriously, it's amazing his reckless bending of the law to enforce the law hasn't gotten him killed yet.
MC wrote:Or he has the ugliest tattoo from a night on the town he wishes to forget XD

It's Warp Darkmatter's face. When they were buddies back in the Academy and Warp managed to drag Buzz out for a drink, Buzz passed out, and Warp had a little evil fun. That should have been Lightyear's first tip that Warp's morality was warped.

Last edited by Saron on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saron
Saron

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by VTANGArmn22 Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:54 am

I think that poor Buzz is bald, and probably always was. That theory is based soley upon the Christmas episode (that I can't remember the title of) where Buzz is reminded of the Fluffy incident by Santa. He's still wears that stupid hood!!

If he did have hair I don't know which I think it would be. I can believe the blue hair thanks to his evil counterpart, but brown just seems...more Buzz-ish?
VTANGArmn22
VTANGArmn22

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:04 am

Always the poor, defenceless, innocent kitties! What man can resist such cuteness? And I love having plotbunnies, but I love making them into stories even more~

Pointy ears? Like an elf? Nah, I see that for Mira, sure, since she already has them, but not for Buzz. And besides, we’ve seen his ear in “Tag Team”, remember? When the LGMs were checking him over, one of his ears popped out for a second!

What gets me is that those thermal hoods are for Space Rangers. How the heck does a kid aged nine wear a Star Command-issue thermal hood?!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:59 am

Maybe Nine-Year-Old-Buzz had a thermal hood because they're like the superhero pajamas kids wear today. Since he always wanted to be a space ranger, he wore it every day until his Nana made him take it off so she could clean it.

As for Buzz's hair... I'm not really too concerned with that. As long as he keeps the hood on, I'm happy, since he wouldn't look like Buzz without it regardless of whether or not he had hair underneath.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 pm

I agree. I don't think Buzz would have pointy ears, either, since we technically did see his ear for a brief second in "Tag Team".

Maybe Buzz, when he was nine years ago, did wear a thermal hood because he, like a kid in today's world, would wear superhero pajamas because he wanted to be one....did that sound right? I can't speak or write well today!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by VTANGArmn22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Yeah, that sounded fine. I also concur; that is totally something Buzz would do. I wouldn't be surprised if he had had a whole drawer full of them so he could always were one when he was nine.

VTANGArmn22
VTANGArmn22

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Hm... Smile

Well, I always figured Buzz had a "buzz" cut to keep his hair from getting in the way. You never know though. Maybe he is actually bald.
DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by VTANGArmn22 Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:58 am

Could be possible. I know lots of guys with military hair cuts, who when wearing a hat, or something to that effect, look bald. i'vestaredlongenoughtofigureitout. Razz
VTANGArmn22
VTANGArmn22

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next