To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A with Greg Weisman

Go down

Q&A with Greg Weisman Empty Q&A with Greg Weisman

Post by Steel Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 am

'Ello! Before you all get excited about the title, I didn't talk directly with Greg Weisman. I merely left him a couple of questions, and he recently got around to replying them~

For those of you who don't know, Greg Weisman is the mastermind behind Gargoyles and Young Justice, and he freelanced two episodes for BLoSC, namely "Clone Rangers" and "Star Crossed". Given the influx of questions he keeps getting about YJ, I decided to ask him something different. (Also because it's rare to get a hold of the creators in our quest for more answers, and because, well... more trivia's always fun to have!)

Unfortunately, given how BLoSC came out a decade ago, we don't have many details. But it's still something!

Steel wrote:
Question received on Thu, April 12, 2012 04:46:30 AM

Hello! First off, my sister loves "Young Justice" and is a really big fan. I have yet to see it, but I plan to over the summer. However, I've got a few questions on a much older series you freelanced two episodes for, namely "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command", if you wouldn't mind answering them. (Loved all the inside "Gargoyles" jokes in "Clone Rangers", by the way!) I know it's been almost a decade since then, but I figured I'd give it a go.

1. How were you selected to write the episodes, and how did the process go? (e.g., did you yourself come up with the ideas, or did they present you a premise you had to stick to?)

2. How did you come up with Romac's character? Was there a reason behind him being the only "intelligent" Grounder around? Someone who served as a source of inspiration? (And, this is more trivia than anything, but how old would you say Romac is?)

3. How about the relations between Tangean Royals and Tangean Grounders? The story has a "Romeo and Juliet" kind of feel to it, but did you ever expand on why the two races live apart when they're on the same planet?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Greg Weisman wrote:
Response recorded on August 28, 2012

Wow, this was a LONG time ago.

1. I think I came up with the springboard for "Starstruck" and that Schooley and McCorkle came up with the springboard for "Clone Rangers". But I'm not sure, and my story editor Kevin Hopps may have come up with both for all I know.

2. Romac was based on Romeo. He's about the same age as the princess, whatever her age was.

3. It was all definitely based on R&J, but I don't remember any of the specifics, I'm afraid.

I won't be able to thank him with another question (unless we come up with more) so even if he probably won't ever see this thread, thank you very much for taking the time to answer, Mr. Weisman!

Here's the permanent "thread" that records my question. And here is the archive for all other, BLoSC-related questions he has answered over the years.

(Maybe, juuust maybe, we could send him another question or two.) But mind that he has over 700 questions to answer and that I asked this way back in April, and he replied right at the end of August. Also, I wouldn't like to impose on the poor guy when he got very frustrated at one point with some peeps asking questions on YJ repeatedly. Still, if you have anything that hasn't already been answered to ask him, I'd say go for it!

So what do you guys think about the few tidbits he shed light on? :3
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum