To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Art for BLoSC

3 posters

Go down

Song Art for BLoSC Empty Song Art for BLoSC

Post by Mod Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 pm

I was thinking about this idea I had for BLoSC-related drawings. Unless I am mistaken, I have not seen a lot of fanart related to certain songs or feelings to characters from within the show, like with what I did with a Zurg pic for AC/DC's song, Back in Black.

So my idea is...do you folks want to see some fan art related to your favorite characters from the show with songs showing the characters in various lights?

You can suggest songs you feel best describe them, whether it's one lyric that speaks of their personality or certain quirks they have, certain feelings they have regarding other characters (love, hatred, etc.) or the whole song that fits them to a tee in general.

I am willing to do more than one song for a certain character, but I only ask that you DON'T ask for the same song for a different character. For example, if I was asked to do one song that describes Mira that could also describe Ozma, I will not accept it because I don't want to repeat myself.

I also ask that you don't pick anything dirty or something with excessive swearing. Mild swearing is acceptable, but over the top swearing is out of the question. Songs can range from silly songs to love ballads. You can even suggest instrumental pieces, as done by classical or film composers. I would also very much appreciate it if you could post a link to the song if you can arrange it so that I can listen to the song, and come up with the concept for the character.

These pieces may take me a while to do, as I've got school coming up, so time for me won't be as accessible as it is now. So you'll have to bear with me while I can get these pieces up at random times.

And please, limit to canon characters only. Canon characters are all I can manage for right now.

So what are you waiting for? Send in your requests now!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Song Art for BLoSC Empty Re: Song Art for BLoSC

Post by Alexa Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Well, well, isn't this a topic~? Technically, if you wanted, you could just pull ideas from the songs that people associate with the characters, yes~? <2

Anyway, these lyrics from Ludo's Safe in the Dark fit well (or semi-well) for Ty (or XR, maybe):
Spoiler:

There's always your favorite BBVD's 2000 Volts for Warp, eh? I know you associate that.

Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes for Buzz...

Then, searching through my iTunes, there's Courage by Orianthi which makes me think of Space Rangers in general, perhaps with a focus on Mira?

That's all I got for now.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 am

This topic reminds me all all those unfinished or scrapped video ideas... :/

I do love myself some "Boats and Birds" for the XR/42 couple (alternatively 42 herself); you might have noticed a piece of the lyrics in my signature already.
I guess the mood of this thing is pretty self-explanatory too :>
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Ooooh, these are very good suggestions, y'all! I'll gladly do fanart for these and do my best to post them up whenever I can. Thanks for the requests! Smile
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down