To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mira/Warp - I ship it

+3
Kat Eclipse
Asenath
MsLyoness
7 posters

Go down

ship - Mira/Warp - I ship it Empty Mira/Warp - I ship it

Post by MsLyoness Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 am

Oh yes, I do. Not sure if anyone will read this one, but I can try, can't I?

Why? I mean, obviously there's no basis for it in the show, but I dunno... they were really the reason I watched it, as individual characters, and I tend to stick characters I like together. I have no problem with crack as long as it makes a weird sort of sense to me, at least.

And their attitudes... that's what does it. They're both smart, and kinda prickly, and for some reason I really like "bad boys and good girls". Yin and yang, or something like that. I see a lot of humorous potential too, and if they were on the same side, I predict chemistry.

Then there's the fact that they're both blue. It's never explained what Warp is (but we know he can't ghost so he's not Tangean), but to my mind, that points to an evolutionary similarity. They could reproduce, although I have to imagine King Nova would blow a blood vessel at that, and of course you don't have to have kids to be in love, c'mon now.

Yeah there'd be problems, they are enemies, but it's my much-loved BLoSC ship. Comments, please?
MsLyoness
MsLyoness

CADET

CADET

http://mslyoness.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

ship - Mira/Warp - I ship it Empty Re: Mira/Warp - I ship it

Post by Asenath Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 am

Yeah! Go Wine! Well, if I wouldn't be so jealous of Mira...
Asenath
Asenath

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLyoness Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 am

Wine FTW. I think many of us would be jealous of Mira, and some others of us would be jealous of Warp. They're just so.. good-looking, and fun too. And I love Warp's attitude of "I'm good, I know I'm good, and if you think I'm not good, I'll show you up the best I can." Now that I think about it, Mira's kinda like that too.
MsLyoness
MsLyoness

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Eclipse Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:06 am

Asenath wrote:Yeah! Go Wine! Well, if I wouldn't be so jealous of Mira...

haha ditto for me Wink *points to username* ^^

Anyway, I like the pairing a lot, it would probably by my favorite if I wasn't such a Beer shipper. ^^ but I do agree with you Ms Lyoness, they make a darn good lookin' couple! Wink And I think there might be a small amount of evidence of Wine in the show on occasion, (well I looked at it that way anyway ^^) like that first scene in NOS-4-A2 when Mira's trying to arrest Warp and she starts tripping over her tongue? *nods head* XD
Kat Eclipse
Kat Eclipse

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2821988/KatEclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:15 am

Wine is one of the few BLoSC ships that I support (even though I tend not to be as active with this ship as I am with the others I like). The idea of love across the battle lines, while seemingly a bit cheesy at times, kinda works with these two, I think.

I'm not really sure if blue skin is really an indication of relations between the species, though (personally, I think it's more likely to be a result of covalent evolution, the same trait popping up in unrelated species), and I doubt they really could have children together--though they could always adopt. XD *shot*

It was actually Lyoness's stories that got me to like Wine. There was one I really liked in particular, called "Murder on the Dancefloor," I think (or maybe it was "Passion's Killing Floor" or something)? I've been wondering why it was taken down, though....
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLyoness Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Yup, "Passion's Killing Floor"! You know, you're the second person to think it's been taken down. It's not on FF.net, but it's on my dA in the BLoSC section, although it was formerly buried under stuff for another fandom. I plan to rewrite and finish it, actually. Parts of it I no longer like, and my writing style's improved since then.

So... wow, I'm honored that I got you to like Wine, Thalassi. That's not something I hear every day! Makes me want to go do more work on it right now, actually.

Anyway, yeah, love across battle lines is often something I like, in multiple fandoms. And you're probably right about the covalent evolution (ooh, I learned a new term!); he does devolve into some sort of ape-thing while she devolves into an amoeba-thing in that... that one episode where they're on the moon, I think it was called "Devolutionaries".

D'oh, yeah, of course they can adopt! My bad. I actually think adoption's a marvelous thing, I was just thinking along a "Having an heir to the throne" line. Not that King Nova would ever accept a Zurg agent as a son-in-law, though...

Last edited by MsLyoness on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
MsLyoness
MsLyoness

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 am

This isn't a bad pairing - in fact, if Warp had stayed at Star Command, I can imagine him and Mira getting along quite well. Their relationship would be similar to that between Rocket Crocket and Mira, though obviously Warp is a lot cooler and less annoying than Rocket! This would make it more bearable for the two to build a relationship.

Anyway, in the real world, the whole "love across the battlelines" thing would make it quite a nice love story, though obviously the two would need significant changes in heart to approach one another as friends (Warp being very arrogant due to his laid-back villain life, Mira being dedicated to taking in criminals like him). Once they meet each other peacefully though, like you say Lyoness, their attitudes are so similar that they would probably get on like a house on fire!
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 am

MsLyoness wrote:Yup, "Passion's Killing Floor"! You know, you're the second person to think it's been taken down. It's not on FF.net, but it's on my dA in the BLoSC section, although it was formerly buried under stuff for another fandom. I plan to rewrite and finish it, actually. Parts of it I no longer like, and my writing style's improved since then.

Really? Huh, last time I checked your gallery I couldn't find it anywhere. :/ Though, I guess it has been a while since I last looked....

But I would be very interested in reading it again when you do finish it. Smile
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLyoness Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 pm

My gallery is a bit... disorganized at the moment. But I made sure to move "Passion's Killing Floor" into the correct subcategory after Steel mentioned that she wanted to read it and couldn't find it.

Well, it might be awhile until I finish it, I'm really working hard on a number of fics for another fandom. BUT! I have started to work with it again, since you said you wanted to see it and Steel liked it too.

I'll go the more professional route of writing this time: finish it before I post anything. I used to write one end to the other and post chapters as I finished them, but now I've luckily come to see that the other way produces better stuff. Not to mention it leaves room for editing, and elaborating, and such.
MsLyoness
MsLyoness

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Olivus Prime wrote:Anyway, in the real world, the whole "love across the battlelines" thing would make it quite a nice love story, though obviously the two would need significant changes in heart to approach one another as friends (Warp being very arrogant due to his laid-back villain life, Mira being dedicated to taking in criminals like him). Once they meet each other peacefully though, like you say Lyoness, their attitudes are so similar that they would probably get on like a house on fire!

THANK YOU!!
You nailed it in one, my friend. Spot on. We can't forget that, excluding Ty Parsec, who mind you, always felt the less of the partnership, Warp and Mira are the only two people in the universe who can wear the title of being Buzz's trusted number two. So, whatever their likes and dislikes, isn't it logical to assume that they are a match for each other - in the most extreme sense of the word even? They both know what it's like to be his sidekick, and they both handle (handled in Warp's case) it marvelously.

Again, they are the two most likeable characters in the show according to my likings. I have Zurg as the coolest and Buzz as the most relatable (he reminds me a lot of myself). But sure, this could happen, under peaceful circumstances like you said Olivus Prime.

It's do-able, people. We just need the right medium of circumstance and the two of them need the appropriate voids in their lives to make it work. It's do-able.
I definitely ship this. Can we get an "I support" icon for this one?

I hope you don't mind this shipping, Ranger Nova . . . what do you think about it?
ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey, you don't have to ask me if I mind you shipping something or not - I have no problem with people shipping whatever they want! Smile

I'm personally not a shipper of this, because I already ship Mira/Romac and Buzz/Mira, but I think it's an interesting pairing, and it's definitely plausible, since they both have such similar personalities. I love Ms. Lyoness's Wine stories.

An "I support" icon would be cool. Perhaps Steel can make one some time?
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 am

Thanks for replying, Ranger.
Good on you for sticking with your own pairings.

Regards from Aaron.

To Infinity and More Infinity

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down