To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caption Contest #1 Prize

5 posters

Go down

Caption Contest #1 Prize Empty Caption Contest #1 Prize

Post by Alexa Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:31 am

Title: Untitled
Author: Alexa
Fandom: BLoSC
Character(s) / Pairing(s): NOS-4-A2
Rating: G
Word Count: 289
Warning(s): Spoilers for each of the NOS-4-A2 episodes, I guess? (NOS-4-A2, The Slayer, Dirty Work, Wirewolf, and Revenge of the Monsters)
Disclaimer: Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is owned by Disney/Pixar. Idea for drabble provided by Rook.
Summary: "What scares the monsters: thing(s) NOS-4-A2 is, or would be, afraid of?"

If you could have asked NOS-4-A2 what haunted him at night, he would have answered "Nothing." What would he have had to fear? He was a robot, not prone to irrational fears like organics were, and any rational fears he should have as a robot were overcome by the knowledge that he WAS those fears personified. He was the threat of deactivation, often permanent, due to his attacks. He was a virus, corrupting the files of those he bit into, changing their programming to serve him and ONLY him... But, there were those that defied him. The little one had somehow regained control of his mind and defeated him... Defeat... That, in truth, was the concept that drove NOS-4-A2 to the edge in fear. He was never programmed to accept defeat. He was to win at any cost. Yet time and time again he was defeated, each more pathetic than the last. Stopped by a little girl. Beaten by veggies. Blasted off a planet after doing hardly anything! Each defeat played on repeat in his memory banks, crippling him in his times of rest and causing an obsession to win the next time at any cost, just as he was programmed. That was why, in his most spectacular plan yet, he used XL and the Wirewolf to try to take over. It was a risk, to take over Planet Z and then mutate the organic world, and if even one thing went wrong he would likely be defeated once again. It was a desperate bid to win at least once.

The spike through his chest didn't hurt nearly as much as the sheer terror through his mind as he realized that this was his final and most horrible defeat.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Caption Contest #1 Prize Empty Re: Caption Contest #1 Prize

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 am

oooh... haunting. I love it! Aw Nos... I feel sorry for that obsessive half-life existence of his now *hug*
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 am

<^__^>
Rook is pleased! Thank you!

Now NOS-4-A2 has character depth. While he plays the soulless monster role very well, it's nice to see the possibility that he has something to fear.
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.inklingworks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by levy120 Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:35 am

NOW WITH A READING *shot*

I'm sorry that this took forever. Well actually it didn't, I was done in 20 minutes, but just getting STARTED... oh well xD
Hope u like ~
levy120
levy120

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Ahhhh, this was wonderfulllll. <3

I'll admit, listening to my own writing being read aloud made me flail and make weird noises out of terror, but you did an excellent job with this. 8'D The tone you used fit the theme perfectly and the background music added to feeling quite nicely.

Thank you so much for doing this. <3 It's really such a compliment. ^^
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah, it's got nice, dark tone to it. She's done a very good job de-layering a horrible emotion that Nos experienced in an instant over a paragraph. She ticks all the boxes with all her sentences. But I can also see that this particular emotion needed disection - he is a robot, so there is no true emotion there at all.

Well done, Alexa!
ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity
ToInfinityAndMoreInfinity

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down