To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aftermath of "I Do"

2 posters

Go down

The Aftermath of "I Do" Empty The Aftermath of "I Do"

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am

The wedding had been beautiful. It had been like one big, day-long high (contrary to popular belief, Captain Lightyear did know what a "high" is) - like he had been walking on air the entire time. Once he got past those darned wedding-day jitters, anyway. The honeymoon been brief (planned that way to accommodate for Buzz's allergy to vacations) but good.

Now, however...

Now, he and Mira were still on leave, along with Booster and XR, but the honeymoon was over. And the Lightyears - he really did love the sound of that - were moving into a new house. Nice enough place - lakefront, gorgeous back yard with trees (including one that was big enough to support one of those old-time tire swings), quiet neighborhood... Pretty much a residential district dream house. The house itself wasn't the issue.

The issue was moving all his and Mira's stuff into it. With Booster's and XR's help (well, mostly Booster's), it was coming along well enough, he supposed, but...

"OW!"

"Sorry, Buzz!" Booster hefted up the end of the couch that had fallen on Buzz's foot.

"Yeah. Thanks, Booster," Buzz gasped out, hopping one-legged while holding his injured foot. "Oww. Okay, somebody remind me again why we had to move? Owwww..."
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.studysherlockiana.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath of "I Do" Empty Re: The Aftermath of "I Do"

Post by Alcatrazzie Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:43 am

Mira was currently hefting a large box out of the moving van when Buzz yelled. She sighed, glaring at XR who was currently reading some magazine about auto-parts or whatever.

Probably blowing off his pay check for some new illegal upgrade no doubt.

She chose to ignore it for the time being and answer Buzz's question first.

"Because it's has enough room for guests; namely father. And, you know, other important things."
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

http://alcatrazzie.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 am

"Other important things?" Booster mused quietly.

Buzz restrained a groan - incorrigible man-child, their Booster - and simply flopped down on the couch, which now rested serenely on the green lawn. "Yeah, okay, okay," he muttered, taking off his boot and checking his foot. Ooo, nice bruise.

He started to lace his boot back up when he glanced towards the van and noticed XR reading a magazine. "XR, for crying out loud." He was definitely too used to his robot teammate's antics - they just didn't faze him anymore. "Help, will ya?"

His boot laced back up, he stood and gingerly put his weight on said injured body-part. "Booster, you wanna just take this inside, yourself? Just put it in the living room, and we can rearrange later if we have to."

Booster saluted with a snappy, "Yes, sir!" and proceeded to follow orders.

Buzz limped over to the van, asking, "How much do we still have in there?"
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:37 am

Mira giggled slightly at Booster's questionable look between them. Then winces at the bruise already showing up on Buzz's foot. No doubt he's going to be complaining about that tonight.

XR sighed, flipping his magazine down on the moving truck floor. "Alright, alright." He looked over and noticed a light weight floor lamp and picked it up without any trouble.

"Here we go!" He jumped down and moved towards the house, quietly trying to ignore Mira's impending gaze.

"Oh yes, that's sooooooo helpful." She stressed, following him into the house. "What are you going to lift next, the pillows?"

"Only if you want me to!" He stopped midway in, and if Mira didn't see him in time she would have tripped over him and, opps! there goes all the fragile. Luckily it out came out as some awkward single leg dance around him.

"Watch it XR!"

"Sorry. Hey, where do you want the lamp?"

"Corner there. Buzz, which way is our room?
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 am

Buzz snorted, half-amused, half-annoyed, at XR. Poor Mira. Those two could really be like brother and sister, sometimes, heckling so very much included.

"Ah, the first actual door on the right of the hallway," Buzz called in response to Mira's question.

The hallway itself was L-shaped, with the longer part of it going lengthwise. The living room and master bedroom opened up to the right of the shorter part, with the laundry room, the downstairs bathroom, and the dining room to the right of the longer part. The dining room and the kitchen opened into each other and were situated on the far left of the house (far left, that is, from the front door). The dining room was pretty much all windows with a sliding door to the back porch, and afforded a terrific view of the lake.

Buzz took a look inside the van and sighed. They were getting fairly close, but, golly, he was already tired. Not to mention his newly-acquired limp. Still... He climbed in and gamely grabbed a box, getting back out carefully. Office stuff, good. The den/office/whatever-you-call-it was just left of the door.

"XR, grab a box this time," Buzz called out as he bore his load into the office. "You're strong; you can manage it."
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:04 pm

"You're strong, you can handle it, " XR mocked under his breath for Buzz to heard. But he took the command anyways, grabbing two boxes this time just to make them happy.

"Okay, kitchen stuff, living room....geez are you guys moving in or what?!"

Mira took the right and ended up in the large master bedroom. A bed left from the old couple that lived before was in the middle of the room. It was in good quality and the only thing it looked like it needed was a new mattress.

She smiled slightly while she put the box down and started unloading the pictures that were in there on the drawer across from the bed.

She caught herself gazing at their new wedding picture, taken only just a few weeks ago. She stroked it with care and placed it right in the middle.

Huh, who knew she would get married? Especially to Buzz.

Especially to Buzz.

She laughed to herself. She was still glowing from the wedding and honeymoon and she was unsure when it would die down.
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 pm

((Sorry for the wait, hon - I've been multi-tasking, trying to plot out the next chapter of my book... Y'know, fun stuff. *snicker* Oh yeah, and I kinda touched the fourth wall here, but the opportunity was too good to pass up...))

"Okay, kitchen stuff, living room....geez are you guys moving in or what?!"
"Well, yeah, sure, I mean it's not like we don't need this stuff, XR." Buzz's tone could have rivaled Planet Z for dryness.

"Ohhh, this place is just so perfect!" Booster all but squealed, clasping his hands together. He practically had hearts in his eyes. He peeked into the office and said, "Buzz, do you wanna move that stereo cabinet in, yet?"

"Just gimme a sec, Booster." Buzz stood from where he'd been sitting on a box and stretched. "I'll be out in a minute."

"All rightie!" Booster bounded back to the van, totally oblivious of his roleplayer's sudden lapse into alliteration.

Buzz limped out of the office and glanced about for Mira. Maybe she was still in the bedroom... He peeked around the door frame - she looked like she was studying their wedding picture. A few other framed photos graced the dresser, but the wedding picture was definitely holding her attention.

He smirked to himself - he'd really hated having to wear a tux, but it had been worth it in the end. Besides, his wearing anything less than a tux would've looked so weird next to Mira in her gorgeous wedding gown. He still felt like mooning, just thinking about it.

"Getting set up in here?" he said quietly, grinning.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:39 pm

((It's all good! I was watching an anime anyways))

XR snorted. Well it was easy to tell who had a hand in all this stuff. Left to Buzz it would have been just a few things and that was that.

"Hey Booster, wait up!" He called out, rolling after the trotting giant.

---

Mira started, nearly knocking over the pictures. "Ever heard of knocking?" It could have been confused with annoyance if it wasn't for the smile on her face. "I'm setting up just fine. Just....wow. I never thought in a million years I'd be married and living in a place like this...." And if a second thought she added, "I mean, I always thought I'd end up in the palace."

Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 pm

((Oh golly - Cherry, I would have posted long before now, but a series of events conspired against me, not the least of which was the Internet going down for a bit. At least you were watching anime earlier... Sorry. *sheepish grin*))

Booster glanced over his shoulder at XR. "C'mon, XR - this is fun! It's like... playing with a dollhouse, only better, 'cause somebody actually gets to live in it. And I just looove this house!"

----

Buzz smothered his grin at Mira's jump. "Sorry, can't say as I'm entirely used to knocking. Does anybody do it on Tangea?"

He grinned outright as she explained her amazement at just being here. "It's okay - I know what you mean. I guess I never really thought I'd end up in a place like this, either, and, well..." He blushed a bit as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I had been getting resigned to the idea of staying a bachelor. So, um --" where was a good place to look? where oh where oh where --"actually marrying the most amazing woman I've, ah, ever met..." Oh, floor! Great place to keep your eyes glued to! "Yeah, 's pretty, well... wow."

Mentally, he rolled his eyes. Smooooth, Casanova. He was married now, for crying out loud - he had to learn to stop tripping over his tongue when saying stuff like this to his wife.

Gee, that had such a nice ring to it. But he wasn't starting to moon, nope, because he was waaay too embarrassed over his lack of basic conversational skills.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

((Aw man! I hate it when the net goes down! That's a bummer. But no harm done. Tis all cool))

"If you love it so much why don't you live here?"
---
Mira drummed her fingers on her cheek in pure amazement. Partners for how many years and now newlyweds he was acting like some nervous hopeless teen out on prom night.

Setting the picture down she ventured over and gave him a flick on the forehead. "Geez Buzz, I'm surprised you survived the honeymoon." She then slipped her arms around his neck lazily, smiling coyly up at him.

"Being married now doesn't mean we have to change everything." She stressed the word enough so even he could understand what she was getting out. "We can still act the same, just a bit more lively."
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 am

((*hugs))

"Don't I wish I could!" Booster said dreamily. He lunged into the van and emerged with a coffee table. "But we'll be here often, so that's almost as good!" His best friend wasn't going to ruin his mood -- no way, no how!

----

"I know." Buzz was smiling back at her, but, inwardly, he was kicking himself from here to the far edge of the Zeta Quadrant. Mira was right - this was ridiculous. He managed to propose to her, say "I do", even consummate their marriage on their wedding night. It was positively ludicrous for him to have issues after all that... but he did. His reticence to get personal was something that had been ingrained in him from his high school years - it wasn't something that he could get over in just the time that he'd been in love with her.

Which, actually, was longer than some people -- himself included -- thought. Okay, maybe crazy in-love was a better definition.

He sighed at himself. "I just... you know. I still have kind of a hard time spitting out what's in my heart." He laughed. "Boooy, does that sound wrong."

He reached up and squeezed her hand gently. "Just bear with me -- I'm sure I'll have it right in a lifetime or so." He grinned lopsidedly.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 am

Mira snorted, letting go of her hold. "Na, sounded more cheezy than anything else. I think you need to get tips on how not to get tongue-tied rather than confess your inner most feelings."

She took hold of his arm, pulling him toward the door.

"Come on, lets get everything else moved in, or else we'll be here all night."

Suddenly there was a crash and a yell from XR in the next room. "Hey! Watch it you big palooka! Oh, wait till Buzz see's this! We're dead!"

Mira bit her lit, looking more than a bit annoyed. "Hey! Didn't I say before to be careful of those boxes?" She ran out the door, leaving Buzz behind.
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 am

"Phooey, I say," Buzz shot back, still grinning. He stretched as she pulled him to the door. "We still have a little bit of daylight to burn, anyway..."

Then came The Crash. "Aw, craters," he muttered, as he heard Booster start to wail about how he was sorry and etcetera.

The Crash turned out to be the coffee table and several boxes... yeah, a bit not good. To put it mildly. "Ohhh, thank you, guys," Buzz moaned. "Y'know, this whole move would not be complete without one catastrophe."
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 pm

"Hey, hey, hey! Not my fault this time! Big guy was getting overly ecstatic and tripped!"

Mira, who was picking up the scattered articles into the box, glared at the robot. "Come on XR, don't act like it was only his fault." She then glanced over at Booster. "It's okay, Booster. No harm done. The coffee table isn't even scratched, see?" She flipped over said table, only for there to be a huge gash across the front.

"Uh....it adds style?"
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:20 pm

"I said I was sorry!" Booster wailed at XR's accusation. "Besides, XR, you were distracting me! Oh, this is gonna cost a lot, isn't it?"

Buzz joined Mira in picking up the aftermath. "If anything needs to be repaired or replaced, we won't make you pay for it, Booster," Buzz assured him.

Then Mira flipped over the table. "Oh. Wow." Buzz blinked.

"Uh....it adds style?"

"Heh, yeah." That was a really big gash. "Hey, no problem - we can say it came from an interpretive art furniture store." At least nobody could say he hadn't unwound enough to fib a little if need be.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:22 pm

"Distracting you? From playing house in your head?"

"That's enough XR! Go get the other boxes from the truck. I think only three are left. And Booster," She smiled. "How about we go get takeout for dinner while we leave these two to get things straitened out here?"

Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Booster grinned, "Sure thing, Mira!" at the same time Buzz was moaning, "You mean you're leaving me with XR??" There was a reason they usually split the team the way they did! XR tended to drive Buzz nuts if the two of them were left alone for very long without something to do -- like energy vampire-hunting. Stuff like that.

"You're a cruel woman," Buzz muttered very quietly to Mira as he limped past her. He wasn't very serious, obviously, but... really? Getting stuck -- in straightening out a new house, no less -- with the problem child of the team?

"Where should we go for takeout?" Booster was wondering -- again, at the same time. "Maybe a burger place? Is anybody in the mood for burgers?"

"'S fine with me," Buzz called over his shoulder as he headed out.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:51 pm

"Count it as bonding time." She winked, picking up her bag on the way out.

"Bonding?" XR repeated. "What are we, father and son?"

"Sometimes exactly so. Come on Booster, burgers sound fine. There was a nice one a couple miles down the road. We'll be right back, honey" She said it almost mockingly as she closed the door after Booster.

"Thanks for today Booster. I don't know what Buzz and I would do without your help."
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

((Ohhh golly - Cherry, I am SO sorry. I didn't mean to be gone for this long! I just got this writing rush, and one thing led to another... Hon, I'm really sorry. *hugs* On a more positive note, I've gotten into yet another of your fandoms now (at least, I think it is). Guess which!)

"Nice," was Buzz's only comment, and that without looking back. He heard XR's remark and Mira's retort, and he smirked. Exactly so... yeeep, pretty much.

"Oh boy!" Booster grinned. "A burger place just down the road? How lucky are you guys?!" One of his favorite foods, not too far from his friends' home? It just didn't get much neater than that!

"Right then, sweetheart," Buzz called after her. Two could play that game, and they'd been playing it pretty much ever since she joined Star Command. Pretty much. As that one children's fantasy said, They got married so as to go on doing it more conveniently.

Booster blushed at Mira's praise. "Aww, it's nothing, Mira - really! It's been fun, and I'm always glad to help! You guys just have the neatest place, and I'm so excited for you with your new home and your new future together!" He clasped his hands together, beaming. "I just knew you and Buzz would get together someday!"
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 am

((Don't worry about it! To tell the truth I was pretty busy myself.))

"Oh come on!" XR whined, throwing up his hands in exasperation. "You make me sound like a problem child or something!"

Mira rolled her eyes as a response. "Hey! I am not a problem child!"

Mira just decided to ignore him before this got into one of the Mira vs. XR battle royal to see who could come up with the most sarcastic remarks. She was too hungry to even go that far.

And when the door closed behind her she heard the remark sweetheart

Well, at least he was getting better at comebacks to say the least.

"So," She eyed Booster, a small smile played on her lips. "You knew, huh? So tell me, who won the bet at Star Command?"
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Strictly Sherlock Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

((Aw, thanks! *sighs* I just don't have the time to RP like I used to... which is technically a good thing, as it implies that I have a life... Razz))

"C'mon, XR," Buzz called from outside. Where XR had ever gotten his ideas of entitlement Buzz had no idea... "Just three boxes - I'll even take two of them!"

"Heh, heh..." Booster somehow managed to make himself a bit smaller while cringing. "Umm... me? XR came in real close, and some of the guys thought it would take longer than it actually did, and some of the girls thought it would happen sooner."

He brightened and re-inflated. "But I got it just about right! ...oh, not that I was doing it for the money, you know," he added, not wanting Mira to misunderstand. This was about her, after all. "But I thought I had a pretty good idea, since I work with you two and the others don't. It was nice to be proven right about something, well, nicer than a trash compactor." He grinned cheesily.
Strictly Sherlock
Strictly Sherlock

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcatrazzie Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 am

((Ahhhhh! I'm so so so sososososososososo very sorry about not updating for so long! Personal problems have arose along with getting things situated for college starting here in a few weeks! I'm so sorry hun!))

"Well, alright, as long as they're two heavy ones." XR was saying as he rolled out after Buzz.

"You do know, right, they I'm happy for both of you too and not just the big guy? You two may not know this but you guys getting hitched was a pretty big deal at Star Command. Even Crocket was happy for you!"

He put down the last box and leaned on it for emphasis. "And that's saying something.

Mira smiled, big and happy at the giant. "I'm glad you were right. I'm glad I fell in love with Buzz before father arranged another marriage to some dolt I don't even know. With Buzz I'm free and he actually love me too..." Her voice went a little small at the end, and she smiled at the ground more than at Booster, almost lost in her own thoughts. She shook her head a moment later when getting into the car.

"So, with the marriage bet ending, are there anymore bets going to happen with our personal lives?"
Alcatrazzie
Alcatrazzie

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum