To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamma Galaxy Saga: Volume One (Ranger-Nova and Alexa only) (Completed)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gamma Galaxy Saga: Volume One (Ranger-Nova and Alexa only) (Completed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gamma Galaxy Saga: Volume One (Ranger-Nova and Alexa only) (Completed)

Post by Alexa Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Stop right there, Cosmic." The dual-tone voice caused Alfred to freeze as he was about to enter the escape pod.

He froze. Absolutely froze. Alfred stopped moving, stop breathing, stopped thinking. Well, there was one thought on his mind... He was so close...

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Torque's face fell when he saw Zurg arrive with an army of hornets. "Bummer." Realising he still had a chance of making it out alive, he slammed the hatch closed and fired up the engines. "Sorry, Alfreak," he muttered to himself. "I guess I won't be getting that five mil after all."

He watched helplessly as the escape pod leave without him. Of course Torque would abandon him despite their bond over their mutual hate of Lightyear...

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Zurg watched the escape pod blast away from the ship, but he paid little attention to it. He was far more concerned with the man standing in front of him. His eyes glowed as he took a step towards Alfred. "Tell me, Cosmic," he inquired with feigned politeness, "why did you think it would be a good idea to try escaping from me, the Evil Emperor Zurg?" He ran a finger across Alfred's bruised face, still keeping up the friendly act.

Alfred winced but stayed still and silent, save for a pathetic whimper that bubbled in the back of his throat. He was dead, he thought. Dead, dead, dead. Chyst have mercy on him. Dead.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Haven't you realised that it's impossible to escape my clutches?" At the word "clutches" he dug his talons into the side of Alfred's face and scraped them down, leaving several long gashes. They weren't very deep, but blood began to seep out of them.

He cried out and shot a hand to the cuts, trying to relieve the stinging pain though it was futile. Blood was getting everywhere. Chyst, he was a mess.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"You've made a very big mistake. I don't tolerate employees leaving, and I certainly don't tolerate prisoners escaping!"

Taking a step backwards, he swung his fist out and hit Alfred in the stomach, causing him to double over. "I expect complete obedience from my minions," the emperor snarled. "If you continue to be uncooperative, I may be forced to start hurting you." He smiled. "Believe me, this is nothing compared to what I have in store for you if you cross me again."

Dark eyes looked up at the emperor, shiny from fear, wide and panicked. Alfred knew how badly he was being treated now and how much worse it could- No, would be in the future. As much as he hated Lightyear, he could do with a daring rescue right about now... But he doubted anyone was coming for him. "Chyst..." he muttered, mostly to himself. "M-... Mercy..."

He knew it was pointless to beg or plead for anything from anyone at the moment. He didn't want to be stuck in a position of servitude under Zurg, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of preventing that. He was bleeding, he was battered, he was bruised... And he wasn't getting out of this at all, was he?
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Gamma Galaxy Saga: Volume One (Ranger-Nova and Alexa only) (Completed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Gamma Galaxy Saga: Volume One (Ranger-Nova and Alexa only) (Completed)

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 19, 2012 2:04 am

Alexa wrote:Dark eyes looked up at the emperor, shiny from fear, wide and panicked. Alfred knew how badly he was being treated now and how much worse it could- No, would be in the future. As much as he hated Lightyear, he could do with a daring rescue right about now... But he doubted anyone was coming for him. "Chyst..." he muttered, mostly to himself. "M-... Mercy..."

He knew it was pointless to beg or plead for anything from anyone at the moment. He didn't want to be stuck in a position of servitude under Zurg, but there didn't seem to be much in the way of preventing that. He was bleeding, he was battered, he was bruised... And he wasn't getting out of this at all, was he?

Zurg casually flicked away a drop of blood that had fallen on his wrist, his eyes still locked on Alfred. He loved seeing that look of terror on the former employee's face. "I hope now you've seen the error of your ways in trying to escape," he sneered.

Turning to the hornets, Zurg jerked his thumb in Alfred's direction, and a pair of hornets stomped over to him. They grabbed his arms and began dragging him away. "We'll be arriving at Planet Z in a few minutes," Zurg called to Alfred. "The hornets are going to take you to an airlock to wait. I'll have my cameras watching you, and if I see you make the slightest wrong move, I'll open the airlock and have you blown into space." Oh, he was so evil. He was giving himself goosebumps. "And if that isn't incentive enough to not escape, perhaps this will be." His eyes burned bright red and two beams shot from them, hitting Alfred's arm. He kept the intensity of the beams low, but he knew it would still hurt like the dickens.

---

Pacing furiously across the command deck, Commander Nebula brought his fist down on one of the computer terminals and yelled, "We should be doing something!" for the third time in twenty minutes.

"42 is following Zurg's ion trail, Sir," the Corporal assured Nebula. "Buzz'll get your son back."

Nebula merely snorted and continued pacing. "Oh really? It's Lightyear's fault all this happened. He should have stopped Torque back at the warehouse." Normally he wouldn't be nearly so hard on Buzz for failing in a mission (not that Buzz usually failed), but when family was involved things were different. He wouldn't stand for any excuses. I just hope Buzz can get his act together and rescue Alfred. If something happens to him, I'll never forgive myself for sending him on that mission. He shouldn't have been there at all.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 19, 2012 2:30 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Zurg casually flicked away a drop of blood that had fallen on his wrist, his eyes still locked on Alfred. He loved seeing that look of terror on the former employee's face. "I hope now you've seen the error of your ways in trying to escape," he sneered.

Turning to the hornets, Zurg jerked his thumb in Alfred's direction, and a pair of hornets stomped over to him. They grabbed his arms and began dragging him away. "We'll be arriving at Planet Z in a few minutes," Zurg called to Alfred. "The hornets are going to take you to an airlock to wait. I'll have my cameras watching you, and if I see you make the slightest wrong move, I'll open the airlock and have you blown into space." Oh, he was so evil. He was giving himself goosebumps. "And if that isn't incentive enough to not escape, perhaps this will be." His eyes burned bright red and two beams shot from them, hitting Alfred's arm. He kept the intensity of the beams low, but he knew it would still hurt like the dickens.

Alfred provided little resistance to the hornets, but flinched when Zurg's eyes glowed red. He knew what was to follow and he clenched his jaw tight to keep from crying out. The beams hit his arm, burning through his sleeve and burning the skin below. Clenching his jaw turned out to be the best course of action, since it kept him from shouting out a rather rude curse word that was on his mind. That would not have gotten him points in his favor.

Soon, he was thrown into the airlock, quite literally. The first thing he did was look around for what cameras there were... And then he curled up into a fetal position, nursing his various wounds and trying his best not to cry. It was hard not to, though. Everything hurt, especially the fresh burn and gashes. He was weak and he was defeated and he had very little hope that anything would turn out well at the moment.

"I'll never forgive Star Command for sending me on that mission," he thought, trying to switch from fear to anger to keep from crying and showing any further weakness. Tears fell anyway, stinging his eyes and the cuts on his cheeks. "I shouldn't have been there at all."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 am

Alexa wrote:Alfred provided little resistance to the hornets, but flinched when Zurg's eyes glowed red. He knew what was to follow and he clenched his jaw tight to keep from crying out. The beams hit his arm, burning through his sleeve and burning the skin below. Clenching his jaw turned out to be the best course of action, since it kept him from shouting out a rather rude curse word that was on his mind. That would not have gotten him points in his favor.

Soon, he was thrown into the airlock, quite literally. The first thing he did was look around for what cameras there were... And then he curled up into a fetal position, nursing his various wounds and trying his best not to cry. It was hard not to, though. Everything hurt, especially the fresh burn and gashes. He was weak and he was defeated and he had very little hope that anything would turn out well at the moment.

"I'll never forgive Star Command for sending me on that mission," he thought, trying to switch from fear to anger to keep from crying and showing any further weakness. Tears fell anyway, stinging his eyes and the cuts on his cheeks. "I shouldn't have been there at all."

As his ship descended through Planet Z's atmosphere, Zurg strolled across the floor of his throne room, keeping one eye on the video feed from the airlock, but otherwise lost in thought. The events of the last few hours had certainly proved very amusing - it wasn't often he got to have such fun with prisoners - but they'd also left him feeling vaguely unsettled. Normally he wouldn't have gotten away with so much evilness; Lightyear would have stopped him by now. He always felt uneasy when things were going too well - it usually meant something really bad was about to happen. And the further he got with his evil plans, the more disappointing it was when they failed. He really didn't want this plan to fail - he needed Alfred's skills for all the evil projects he was working on. Lightyear had better not try to rescue him, Zurg thought grimly. If he does, I may be forced to harm him, and that's something I'd rather avoid. Life was always more interesting with Lightyear around, and he'd miss the ranger if he were gone. Alfred, on the other hand, he had no such qualms about hurting. The only reason he was still alive was because Zurg needed his expertise.

"Excuse me, Evil Emperor," a Grub called out, "but we are ready to land."

Zurg nodded. "It's time to give Mr. Cosmic the grand tour of Planet Z." A tour which would mostly likely involve dank, moldy dungeons and cramped labs where Alfred would be forced to churn out evil gadgets for the emperor.

Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Zurg nodded. "It's time to give Mr. Cosmic the grand tour of Planet Z." A tour which would mostly likely involve dank, moldy dungeons and cramped labs where Alfred would be forced to churn out evil gadgets for the emperor.

They seemed to be landing... Alfred held his breath for a moment, aaaand- Yep. They made contact with ground and the engines were shut off. He took a deep breath and waited. Soon after, he was fetched and taken to Zurg's tower. "Where's your ability you weasel your way out of things now?" he asked himself as he was given a tour of his new prison. "Where's all your power and prestige now? Worthless. Hopeless. You'll be a broken shell whenever Time gets to you."

He glanced over at Zurg, doing his best to keep his wounded face void of expression. "I hate you..." he thought.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Alexa wrote:They seemed to be landing... Alfred held his breath for a moment, aaaand- Yep. They made contact with ground and the engines were shut off. He took a deep breath and waited. Soon after, he was fetched and taken to Zurg's tower. "Where's your ability you weasel your way out of things now?" he asked himself as he was given a tour of his new prison. "Where's all your power and prestige now? Worthless. Hopeless. You'll be a broken shell whenever Time gets to you."

He glanced over at Zurg, doing his best to keep his wounded face void of expression. "I hate you..." he thought.

Luckily for Alfred, Zurg was unable to read his thoughts. "Well, it's been very pleasant finally meeting you in person, Cosmic, and I hope we can have many more fun days like this, but now I really must be going. My soaps are coming on." He closed the cell doors. "Do make yourself at home. And please, don't try to escape - I'll be keeping a close eye on you, and I won't be so lenient next time you disobey me." And with that, the emperor left, his cape swooshing behind him as he sauntered out.

---

"Just as I suspected." Buzz was studying the course Zurg's ion trail was leading them on. "Zurg seems to be heading for Planet Z."

"Oh boy, Pop's not going to be happy when he hears that," muttered XR.

Buzz nodded, still feeling guilty for letting Alfred get kidnapped in the first place. At least I can rectify that mistake now.

Booster looked at his hero curiously. "How are we going to sneak onto Planet Z without being caught?"

"By creating a diversion," Buzz answered. "You and XR will attract their attention with 42 while Mira and I take the shuttle down to the planet's surface."

XR frowned, coming up beside Buzz and looking up at him pleadingly. "I should be the one who comes with you. I was supposed to look after Alfred, and I blew it. I need to get him back." He sighed. "After all, he's family!"

Buzz looked like he wanted to refuse, but finally nodded and replied, "Okay, Ranger, you'll come with me. Mira, you're with Booster."

---

After growing tired of pacing, Nebula had retired to his quarters, where he dug out an old, dusty photo album and began paging through it. Each time he saw another picture of his missing son, it made his heart ache more with worry. What if Buzz wasn't able to rescue him? What if it was already too late? What if he never saw him again? He'd already lost him once, when Alfred ran away. He didn't know if he could survive losing him a second time.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Luckily for Alfred, Zurg was unable to read his thoughts. "Well, it's been very pleasant finally meeting you in person, Cosmic, and I hope we can have many more fun days like this, but now I really must be going. My soaps are coming on." He closed the cell doors. "Do make yourself at home. And please, don't try to escape - I'll be keeping a close eye on you, and I won't be so lenient next time you disobey me." And with that, the emperor left, his cape swooshing behind him as he sauntered out.

"Make yourself at home", huh? Right now, that consisted of Alfred sitting on his cot, pocket watch with broken chain in hand, and staring at the second hand as it ticked around the circle. It was a minor comfort, to lose himself in watching time pass, but it was better than the alternative. It was better than focusing on the filth of his cell, in the pain of his wounds, in the despair of having finally been defeated, and so gracefully at that.

Each second passed and each minute added on, but he kept himself focused on the actual passing of time, not on how long he had been stuck there. After all, he was sure he would be stuck there for much longer...
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Alexa wrote:"Make yourself at home", huh? Right now, that consisted of Alfred sitting on his cot, pocket watch with broken chain in hand, and staring at the second hand as it ticked around the circle. It was a minor comfort, to lose himself in watching time pass, but it was better than the alternative. It was better than focusing on the filth of his cell, in the pain of his wounds, in the despair of having finally been defeated, and so gracefully at that.

Each second passed and each minute added on, but he kept himself focused on the actual passing of time, not on how long he had been stuck there. After all, he was sure he would be stuck there for much longer...

Little did he know that a shuttle was already making it's way toward the planet while 42 cruised above in orbit, firing randomly at various structures on the surface to get Zurg's attention.

---

Meanwhile, on Star Command, Nebula had just received an encoded message from Buzz, explaining his plan. The Commander felt himself growing increasingly worried the more he thought about it. What if Team Lightyear was captured as well? He didn't want to lose them too. XR, however much he denied it, was a part of the family. If something happened to XR and Alfred (not to mention Buzz, Booster, and Mira)... well, he didn't want to even think about it. This has been a really bad day. He rubbed his forehead, trying to ease the migraine he was getting.

---

Carefully bringing the shuttle down into an empty alley, Buzz opened the hatch and looked around. "I don't think we've been spotted," he concluded at last. "Let's go."

"Right behind you, Buzz!" For once, XR was actually eager to set forth on what was most likely a very risky mission. Some might think it was simply to impress his dad, but deep down he did actually care what happened to Alfred, and he wanted to get him back very badly.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Little did he know that a shuttle was already making it's way toward the planet while 42 cruised above in orbit, firing randomly at various structures on the surface to get Zurg's attention.

But, since that was knowledge that he did not have, Alfred was left to stare at his pocket watch until he ultimately decided "Boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg." Once again, without Zurg actually there to keep an eye on him, Alfred was no longer as afraid, but there was no other person nearby to occupy his time and attention. As such, the man squirmed around his cell, trying to find something to do, and ended up sitting upside down on his cot, counting the rivets in the opposite wall.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sun May 20, 2012 1:00 am

Alexa wrote:But, since that was knowledge that he did not have, Alfred was left to stare at his pocket watch until he ultimately decided "Boooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg." Once again, without Zurg actually there to keep an eye on him, Alfred was no longer as afraid, but there was no other person nearby to occupy his time and attention. As such, the man squirmed around his cell, trying to find something to do, and ended up sitting upside down on his cot, counting the rivets in the opposite wall.

"Uh, Mira, how long do we have to do this?" Booster asked. The ship was being rocked with minor explosions as a legion of hornets surrounded them and began firing.

"As long as it takes for Buzz to rescue Alfred and get back here," Mira answered calmly.

"Oh, I hope Buzz hurries."

---

"I told you to go left, but no, you had to go right, and now we're lost." XR and Buzz were wandering through the halls of Zurg's tower, quite clueless as to where they should be going.

Buzz merely ignored the robot's complaints and continued walking. Suddenly, he spotted a Grub moving through the shadows. "Quick, hide!" Buzz flattened himself against the wall, and XR did the same. The Grub seemed too engrossed in the clipboard it was reading to notice the Rangers, and simply hummed to itself as it strolled along.

Seeing an opportunity to finally get some directions, Buzz leapt from the shadows and grabbed the Grub. He clapped a hand over its mouth as it tried to squeal, whispering, "Don't make a sound. We just need you to show us where Alfred Cosmic is being kept." He took his hand away.

"H-h-he's in the dungeon," gulped the Grub.

"Take us there."

---

Zurg watched the battle in space on his screens, annoyed to see the hornets seemed to be losing. On the other hand, 42 had made no attempt to enter Planet Z's atmosphere, which struck Zurg as odd. I don't like this. He had the distinct feeling Lightyear was up to something sneaky.

---

"The dungeons are behind this wall." Looking at Buzz nervously, the Grub asked, "Will you release me now?"

"Just don't tell anyone we're here, because if you do and we get captured, we'll tell Zurg how you helped us find the dungeons." Buzz dropped the Grub to the floor, and it quickly ran away. "Okay, XR, concentrate your laser on the center of the wall. We're going to blast our way in."

Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun May 20, 2012 1:19 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"The dungeons are behind this wall." Looking at Buzz nervously, the Grub asked, "Will you release me now?"

"Just don't tell anyone we're here, because if you do and we get captured, we'll tell Zurg how you helped us find the dungeons." Buzz dropped the Grub to the floor, and it quickly ran away. "Okay, XR, concentrate your laser on the center of the wall. We're going to blast our way in."

Bored, bored, boredboredbored. There was absolutely nothing for him to do right now. This was nearly torture. Curse that Evil Emperor Zurg... He knew exactly how to make Alfred squirm in discomfort. But... Wait... What exactly was that sound? It was faint, but it sounded strangely like a laser of some sort... What could it-?

BOOM!

Alfred jumped up from the explosion and tried to peak out of his cell to see what caused it. Did someone really just blow up a wall? Really? Zurg was not going to be happy about that...
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sun May 20, 2012 2:00 am

Alexa wrote:Bored, bored, boredboredbored. There was absolutely nothing for him to do right now. This was nearly torture. Curse that Evil Emperor Zurg... He knew exactly how to make Alfred squirm in discomfort. But... Wait... What exactly was that sound? It was faint, but it sounded strangely like a laser of some sort... What could it-?

BOOM!

Alfred jumped up from the explosion and tried to peak out of his cell to see what caused it. Did someone really just blow up a wall? Really? Zurg was not going to be happy about that...

Once the smoke and dust had cleared, Buzz stepped through the rubble and glanced around. "Cosmic, are you in here?" A few moments later, he got a reply, and he ran towards the voice.

XR followed close behind. "Bro! You're alive!" When he reached the cell, however, he wondered if he'd spoken too soon. Alfred looked absolutely terrible. His face was bloody and bruised, and several gashes lined the side of his face. The rest of him wasn't too good either - the parts of his shirt that weren't in shreds had blotches of dried blood splattered all over them, and a nasty-looking burn could be seen on one of his arms. "Whoa, are you alright?" XR's mouth hung open. Pop's going to go nuts!

"Come on, let's get out of here while we can." Buzz fired at the controls for the cell door and it slid open. "Can you walk?" He'd rather not have to carry Alfred if he could help it.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sun May 20, 2012 2:13 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Once the smoke and dust had cleared, Buzz stepped through the rubble and glanced around. "Cosmic, are you in here?"

Alfred sighed at the question. "What took you so long?" he called out in answer.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
A few moments later, he got a reply, and he ran towards the voice.

XR followed close behind. "Bro! You're alive!" When he reached the cell, however, he wondered if he'd spoken too soon. Alfred looked absolutely terrible. His face was bloody and bruised, and several gashes lined the side of his face. The rest of him wasn't too good either - the parts of his shirt that weren't in shreds had blotches of dried blood splattered all over them, and a nasty-looking burn could be seen on one of his arms. "Whoa, are you alright?" XR's mouth hung open. Pop's going to go nuts!

"Does it look like I'm alright...?" Alfred deadpanned. He sighed. No, no, this was not the time to be cross with his younger brother... It wasn't like it was XR's fault he was hurt so badly.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Come on, let's get out of here while we can." Buzz fired at the controls for the cell door and it slid open. "Can you walk?" He'd rather not have to carry Alfred if he could help it.

"Yes, I can walk," Alfred answered. "For some reason, they neglected to harm the lower half of my body... Not that I'm complaining..." He suddenly adopted a frightened expression and stepped back. "B-But I don't think I should...! I already tried to escape once, and Zurg threatened to actually hurt me the next time I tried! As if this wasn't painful enough..." He motioned to the burn on his arm.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu May 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Alexa wrote:"Yes, I can walk," Alfred answered. "For some reason, they neglected to harm the lower half of my body... Not that I'm complaining..." He suddenly adopted a frighten expression and stepped back. "B-But I don't think I should...! I already tried to escape once, and Zurg threaten to actually hurt me the next time I tried! As if this wasn't painful enough..." He motioned to the burn on his arm.

Buzz tried to look reassuring. "Not to worry, Zurg won't catch you this time. We'll get you back to the shuttle, and soon we'll be safely on our way to Star Command."

"And then I'd suggest taking a shower. You look icky and terrible," XR observed.

Frowning at XR, Buzz motioned for Alfred to step out the cell. "We really need to leave now. If he doesn't know already, Zurg will soon find out we've infiltrated his palace."

---

"We just lost one of our engines!" Booster was cringing as damage reports came through to his computer terminal.

Mira clenched her teeth. "If Buzz doesn't get here soon, there won't be a much of a ship left!"

---

Sitting back in his throne, Zurg chuckled to himself as 42 was bombarded with weapons fire. "Oh, this is such good evil fun!"

Suddenly, a Grub dashed in, dodging the other minions who were scattered across the room, scrubbing the floor (Alfred's comments had brought out Zurg's germ phobia, and now he'd ordered both his ship and the whole palace to be cleaned). "Forgive the interruption, your Evilness, but I've just received a report that someone had broken out of the dungeon!"

"WHAT?!" Surely Cosmic wouldn't be foolish enough to try escaping again... not after the warning he'd given him. "Who escaped? And how?"

"It was your new prisoner, Alfred Cosmic. Someone appears to have let him out. They also blew up the prison wall."

Zurg gripped the sides of his throne in anger. This won't do. This won't do at all! And everything had been going so well up till now.

Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu May 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Buzz tried to look reassuring. "Not to worry, Zurg won't catch you this time. We'll get you back to the shuttle, and soon we'll be safely on our way to Star Command."

"And then I'd suggest taking a shower. You look icky and terrible," XR observed.

"Oh, trust me, that's on the top of my list..." Alfred answered in response, looking none too amused with the idea. Ugh, he was trying not to let the filth bother him enough already...

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Frowning at XR, Buzz motioned for Alfred to step out the cell. "We really need to leave now. If he doesn't know already, Zurg will soon find out we've infiltrated his palace."

Alfred frowned at Buzz, before letting out his breath and nodding. "Yes, yes, alright," he said, carefully stepping out of the cell. "But, I'll have you know, if I get caught again and Zurg doesn't kill us both, then I'll blame you. And, I have a penchant for petty revenge."

Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 am

Alexa wrote:Alfred frowned at Buzz, before letting out his breath and nodding. "Yes, yes, alright," he said, carefully stepping out of the cell. "But, I'll have you know, if I get caught again and Zurg doesn't kill us both, then I'll blame you. And, I have a penchant for petty revenge."

Buzz politely ignored Alfred's last comment (apart from rolling his eyes), and led the way out the dungeon. The hall was still empty, which bothered Buzz. Where were all the hornets that would normally have arrived after hearing the explosion?

---

There was a knock on the door. Nebula, who was slumped on a chair in his quarters, looked up. "Who is it?" he growled. He was still anxiously awaiting news about his son and Team Lightyear, so he wasn't in the mood for company.

"It's me, Dad." The door opened and XL entered. "I heard about Alfred..." The fax machine looked at Nebula nervously. "Is he going to be alright?"

Nebula sighed. "I... don't know." When he saw the look of fear on XL's face, he added hastily, "But Team Lightyear is out there trying to rescue him right now."

"Really?" XL perked up. "That's great, 'cause Buzz always wins, right?"

"Uh..." It probably wouldn't be a good idea to bring up Buzz's failure to stop Alfred from being captured. "...yeah."

---

"Are we there yet?"

Buzz gritted his teeth. "No, but we'll be there soon. And the next time one of you asks me that, I'll - Oh, craters!"

"Hello, Lightyear." Guarding the palace's exit, Zurg was waving to them while a legion of hornets stood behind him. "I was wondering when you'd drop by."

"So much for Zurg not catching us." XR glared at Buzz and took a step closer to Alfred, ready to defend him if necessary (or cower behind him - XR wasn't sure yet which option he'd choose).
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 26, 2012 1:05 am

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Are we there yet?"

Buzz gritted his teeth. "No, but we'll be there soon. And the next time one of you asks me that, I'll - Oh, craters!"

"Hello, Lightyear." Guarding the palace's exit, Zurg was waving to them while a legion of hornets stood behind him. "I was wondering when you'd drop by."

"So much for Zurg not catching us." XR glared at Buzz and took a step closer to Alfred, ready to defend him if necessary (or cower behind him - XR wasn't sure yet which option he'd choose).

Alfred frowned, considering cowering behind XR despite the problem of their large height difference. "Lightyear, you are not doing very much to assure me that you're as good as the correspondence claims..." So much for Buzz being the "perfect" ranger or some nonsense like that. Alfred only wished that he hadn't been the one to prove that the Buzz Lightyear was actually able to screw-up missions this badly...

He made the mistake of glancing at Zurg, though. He saw the glare the emperor gave him and curled in on himself slightly in response. A whimper bubbled in the back of his throat as he remembered the pain Zurg had already caused him and how much worse it would be now. He was half tempted to blame the escape attempt on Buzz, saying that Lightyear made him try to escape even though he had been perfectly willing to stay in the cell... "Chyst..." he mumbled, focusing his gaze on his feet.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 am

Alexa wrote:Alfred frowned, considering cowering behind XR despite the problem of their large height difference. "Lightyear, you are not doing very much to assure me that you're as good as the correspondence claims..." So much for Buzz being the "perfect" ranger or some nonsense like that. Alfred only wished that he hadn't been the one to prove that the Buzz Lightyear was actually able to screw-up missions this badly...

He made the mistake of glancing at Zurg, though. He saw the glare the emperor gave him and curled in on himself slightly in response. A whimper bubbled in the back of his throat as he remembered the pain Zurg had already caused him and how much worse it would be now. He was half tempted to blame the escape attempt on Buzz, saying that Lightyear made him try to escape even though he had been perfectly willing to stay in the cell... "Chyst..." he mumbled, focusing his gaze on his feet.

Zurg took a step forward. "I thought I told you, Cosmic, that I would not tolerate another escape attempt." He winced. "You have no idea how much my insurance costs go up each time someone breaks out of my dungeon. Anyway," he continued in a more sinister tone, "after I'm through with you, you will never think of escaping again!"

"Hey!" XR glared at Zurg. "Leave him alone!" With that brief moment of bravery over, he went back to cowering.

Zurg rolled his eyes. "And why should I listen to you, Tin Can?" he sneered. "Hornets, destroy the annoying robot Ranger."

XR grabbed Alfred's leg in fear. "This is not good! Do something, Buzz!"

"Roger, Ranger," Buzz nodded, leaping in front of the hornets who were preparing to fire at XR. He blasted one and the flying debris collided with two of the others, destroying them.

"Ahh!" Zurg tried to dodge the pieces of hornet he was being pelted with. "Hornets, fry them!" The remaining hornets opened fire, and Buzz was forced to drop to ground to avoid being shot.

"Alfred!" XR grabbed his brother and pulled him down just as a volley of hornet blasts shot over them. "Stay here! I'll handle this!" A wide array of guns emerged from his torso and he began firing.

"No, no, no! Not again!" Zurg waved his fist in frustration as more of his hornets were destroyed. "I won't let you escape again!" His gauntlet transformed into a gun, and he aimed carefully at Alfred, who was still on the floor. "I would have preferred to keep you alive, Cosmic, but you've given me no choice."

"NO!" Seeing what Zurg was about to do, XR rushed in front of Alfred. The weapons blast hit him in the chest, blowing him to pieces.

"XR!" Buzz jumped to his feet. "Alfred, grab XR's head and whatever else you can! We're getting out of here!" He continued destroying hornets right and left, preventing them from shooting Alfred as he gathered XR's remains. "On the count of three, we both make a dash for the exit. Our shuttle is waiting outside." Taking out a few more hornets, he counted to three and charged forward, followed closely by Alfred.

"Get them! Don't let them escape!" Zurg ordered his robots. Unfortunately for the emperor, it was too late. They had already left the building.

"You should know by now that evil never wins," Buzz called back. Reaching the shuttle outside, he opened the hatch and started the engines. As soon as Alfred was inside, he took off, leaving Zurg to stare at the retreating spaceship angrily.

"Curse you, Buzz Lightyear!"
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Zurg took a step forward. "I thought I told you, Cosmic, that I would not tolerate another escape attempt." He winced. "You have no idea how much my insurance costs go up each time someone breaks out of my dungeon. Anyway," he continued in a more sinister tone, "after I'm through with you, you will never think of escaping again!"

"Hey!" XR glared at Zurg. "Leave him alone!" With that brief moment of bravery over, he went back to cowering.

Alfred had already been cowering, though in the back of his mind, he appreciated his little brother's attempt at bravery. It was nice to know that his brother cared about him...

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Zurg rolled his eyes. "And why should I listen to you, Tin Can?" he sneered. "Hornets, destroy the annoying robot Ranger."

XR grabbed Alfred's leg in fear. "This is not good! Do something, Buzz!"

As XR grabbed his leg in fear, Alfred grabbed XR protectively, looking to Buzz for help as well.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Roger, Ranger," Buzz nodded, leaping in front of the hornets who were preparing to fire at XR. He blasted one and the flying debris collided with two of the others, destroying them.

"Ahh!" Zurg tried to dodge the pieces of hornet he was being pelted with. "Hornets, fry them!" The remaining hornets opened fire, and Buzz was forced to drop to ground to avoid being shot.

"Alfred!" XR grabbed his brother and pulled him down just as a volley of hornet blasts shot over them. "Stay here! I'll handle this!" A wide array of guns emerged from his torso and he began firing.

"Ack...! Oh, right!" Oh, look at his cute little brother. So brave and armed to the teeth. A wonderful contrast to the fact that he couldn't do anything, but that was beside the point.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"No, no, no! Not again!" Zurg waved his fist in frustration as more of his hornets were destroyed. "I won't let you escape again!" His gauntlet transformed into a gun, and he aimed carefully at Alfred, who was still on the floor. "I would have preferred to keep you alive, Cosmic, but you've given me no choice."

Alfred closed his eyes tight, scared and waiting for Death to come... Such a shame his life couldn't have been longer, really it was... "I don't want to die...!" he whined in his mind.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"NO!" Seeing what Zurg was about to do, XR rushed in front of Alfred. The weapons blast hit him in the chest, blowing him to pieces.

Alfred opened his eyes at the shout, watching in terror as XR was blown to bits. "Little brother!" Alfred cried out, horrified by the scene.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"XR!" Buzz jumped to his feet. "Alfred, grab XR's head and whatever else you can! We're getting out of here!" He continued destroying hornets right and left, preventing them from shooting Alfred as he gathered XR's remains. "On the count of three, we both make a dash for the exit. Our shuttle is waiting outside." Taking out a few more hornets, he counted to three and charged forward, followed closely by Alfred.

"Get them! Don't let them escape!" Zurg ordered his robots. Unfortunately for the emperor, it was too late. They had already left the building.

"You should know by now that evil never wins," Buzz called back. Reaching the shuttle outside, he opened the hatch and started the engines. As soon as Alfred was inside, he took off, leaving Zurg to stare at the retreating spaceship angrily.

"Curse you, Buzz Lightyear!"

They were finally on the shuttle, finally on their way back to 42 and soon they would be finally back to the safety of Star Command. Alfred kept taking deep breaths, trying to keep his breathing steady. He looked at the remains of XR, everything that he had managed to gather up on short notice, and sighed. He held up XR's head.

"Alas, poor XR. I knew him well..." Alfred paused, frowning, and then sighed. "Aaaand, here's the part where I remember that XR is a robot specifically designed to be repaired easily... What kind of idiot am I?" He glanced up at Buzz, instantly saying, "Don't answer that..."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Alexa wrote:They were finally on the shuttle, finally on their way back to 42 and soon they would be finally back to the safety of Star Command. Alfred kept taking deep breaths, trying to keep his breathing steady. He looked at the remains of XR, everything that he had managed to gather up on short notice, and sighed. He held up XR's head.

"Alas, poor XR. I knew him well..." Alfred paused, frowning, and then sighed. "Aaaand, here's the part where I remember that XR is a robot specifically designed to be repaired easily... What kind of idiot am I?" He glanced up at Buzz, instantly saying, "Don't answer that..."

Buzz raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Instead, he focused on piloting the ship past the squadrons of hornets that filled the sky, avoiding their weapons fire as best he could.

---

"Mira, I picking up the shuttle on sensors - they're coming back!" Booster's voice was filled with excitement and relief.

Mira nodded gratefully. "It's about time," she murmured. "We can't withstand much more of this." The ship was still under fire, and several key systems were already starting to fail.

---

"Almost there..." Buzz maneuvered through a field of hornets, finally bringing the shuttle alongside 42. A few moments later, the ship docked, and he was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Opening his communicator, he called to Mira, "Get us out of here!"

"Will do, Sir!" came her reply. "Is everyone okay?"

Buzz glanced at Alfred's battered face, and the pieces of XR lying about. "We're not quite okay, but we're all here."

"Good," Mira answered thankfully. "Should I contact Star Command and tell them the mission was a success?"

"Yes, Ranger. I'm sure the Commander wants to hear from us."

- - -

Nebula and XL were sitting together silently, both awaiting news. Finally, there was a knock on the door. "Excuse me, Sir." The Corporal entered. "We've just received a message from 42."

Nebula felt himself grow tense. "And?" he choked, fearing what the answer would be.

"They were able to rescue your son and escape Planet Z. They're on their way back right now."

XL yelled "All right!" while Nebula simply sank into his chair and sighed with relief. I thought I'd never see him again... Thank the cosmos he's okay.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Almost there..." Buzz maneuvered through a field of hornets, finally bringing the shuttle alongside 42. A few moments later, the ship docked, and he was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Opening his communicator, he called to Mira, "Get us out of here!"

"Will do, Sir!" came her reply. "Is everyone okay?"

Buzz glanced at Alfred's battered face, and the pieces of XR lying about. "We're not quite okay, but we're all here."

"Good," Mira answered thankfully. "Should I contact Star Command and tell them the mission was a success?"

"Yes, Ranger. I'm sure the Commander wants to hear from us."

- - -

Nebula and XL were sitting together silently, both awaiting news. Finally, there was a knock on the door. "Excuse me, Sir." The Corporal entered. "We've just received a message from 42."

Nebula felt himself grow tense. "And?" he choked, fearing what the answer would be.

"They were able to rescue your son and escape Planet Z. They're on their way back right now."

XL yelled "All right!" while Nebula simply sank into his chair and sighed with relief. I thought I'd never see him again... Thank the cosmos he's okay.

"I'm okay! Really, I am! Perfectly wonderful!" Well, those were lies that anybody could see straight through. After all, not only were those lies as transparent as glass, but they also had some very obvious blood splatters on that "glass". Alfred groaned, gripping at his shirt, trying to keep his dignity despite the tears already in it. "Look, I don't need to go to the medbay, do I? I can take care of everything I have on my own. It's not like I broke any bones... I think. Just some bruises and cuts... And a burn... ...I don't want to have to take off my shirt! I'll be indecent!"

They had already made it back to Star Command and the first thing they did was split up into a group taking XR to the science bay to be repaired (the group he much rather have been in. His poor, poor little brother... So brave...), and into another group trying to lead him to the med bay against his will. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Star Command doctors... (Okay, so, it was...) But, he really didn't want to have to take off any article of clothing in front of anyone else. It wasn't like he wanted people looking at his naked torso (especially his back, given what they might see and question...).
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu May 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Alexa wrote:"I'm okay! Really, I am! Perfectly wonderful!" Well, those were lies that anybody could see straight through. After all, not only were those lies as transparent as glass, but they also had some very obvious blood splatters on that "glass". Alfred groaned, gripping at his shirt, trying to keep his dignity despite the tears already in it. "Look, I don't need to go to the medbay, do I? I can take care of everything I have on my own. It's not like I broke any bones... I think. Just some bruises and cuts... And a burn... ...I don't want to have to take off my shirt! I'll be indecent!"

They had already made it back to Star Command and the first thing they did was split up into a group taking XR to the science bay to be repaired (the group he much rather have been in. His poor, poor little brother... So brave...), and into another group trying to lead him to the med bay against his will. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Star Command doctors... (Okay, so, it was...) But, he really didn't want to have to take off any article of clothing in front of anyone else. It wasn't like he wanted people looking at his naked torso (especially his back, given what they might see and question...).

Despite Alfred's protests, he was led to the med bay and forced to sit on a bed while the doctors prepared their instruments.

"Alfred..." Nebula had been waiting in the med bay, and he wanted to get Alfred's attention. When his son turned to look at him, however, he almost gasped at the sight of all the bruises and cuts. He was silent for a long moment, trying to think of something to say. It would be easier if XR or XL were present to break the ice, but XR was currently being reassembled and XL was with him. "So... uh... Are you all right?" He felt like slapping himself. What kind of a question is that? He's obviously not all right! He was unaware that a frown had crossed his face, and it appeared as though he was frowning at Alfred.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Despite Alfred's protests, he was led to the med bay and forced to sit on a bed while the doctors prepared their instruments.

He sat with his arms crossed, pouting, and generally giving off a very annoyed feeling. At least he still had his shirt on for the time being... Hmph.

Ranger-Nova wrote:
"Alfred..."

He cringed, not wanting to look, but forcing himself to. Oh, great... How upset would the Commander be with him this time...?

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Nebula had been waiting in the med bay, and he wanted to get Alfred's attention. When his son turned to look at him, however, he almost gasped at the sight of all the bruises and cuts. He was silent for a long moment, trying to think of something to say. It would be easier if XR or XL were present to break the ice, but XR was currently being reassembled and XL was with him. "So... uh... Are you all right?" He felt like slapping himself. What kind of a question is that? He's obviously not all right! He was unaware that a frown had crossed his face, and it appeared as though he was frowning at Alfred.

Alfred frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "What kind of question is that? I'm obviously not alright!" And why did the Commander look so cross at him? Sure, Alfred acted like an idiot and got himself hurt, but whose fault was it for sending him on the mission in the first place? He cast his gaze away, crossing his arms again. "Oh, I'm just fine. Peachy. Thank you so much for your concern."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Alexa wrote:Alfred frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "What kind of question is that? I'm obviously not alright!" And why did the Commander look so cross at him? Sure, Alfred acted like an idiot and got himself hurt, but whose fault was it for sending him on the mission in the first place? He cast his gaze away, crossing his arms again. "Oh, I'm just fine. Peachy. Thank you so much for your concern."

Nebula winced at Alfred's reply. Maybe it was a bad idea to come down here. I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me - especially since it's my fault he was at that warehouse and got kidnapped. "Well... uh..." Craters, what do I say now? "I'm... glad you were rescued." He felt like cringing. My son almost dies, and now that he's finally safe the best I can come up with is "I'm glad you were rescued"?! That's pathetic!

"Excuse me..." One of the doctors returned. "We're ready to begin treating your injuries, Mr. Cosmic." The doctor glanced at Nebula. "You can stay if you like, Commander."

Nebula shrugged, uncertain if he wanted to stay or leave.

"Now, Mr. Cosmic, if you'll please remove your shirt..."
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Thu May 31, 2012 6:41 pm

Ranger-Nova wrote:
Nebula winced at Alfred's reply. Maybe it was a bad idea to come down here. I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me - especially since it's my fault he was at that warehouse and got kidnapped. "Well... uh..." Craters, what do I say now? "I'm... glad you were rescued." He felt like cringing. My son almost dies, and now that he's finally safe the best I can come up with is "I'm glad you were rescued"?! That's pathetic!

"Excuse me..." One of the doctors returned. "We're ready to begin treating your injuries, Mr. Cosmic." The doctor glanced at Nebula. "You can stay if you like, Commander."

Nebula shrugged, uncertain if he wanted to stay or leave.

"Now, Mr. Cosmic, if you'll please remove your shirt..."

Alfred hardly got the chance to roll his eyes at his father's responses before the doctor showed up. At the order, his eyes widened. For a split second, he glanced to the Commander, almost hoping the man would be able to do something about it. But, that was unlikely, so Alfred instead just shook his head. "No." That was all he said for a moment. Then, he decided to follow it up.

"No. No, no, no. Absolutely not. No."
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next