To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Heights

3 posters

Go down

character - Character Heights Empty Character Heights

Post by Steel Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:22 am

Aaaaand it's that type of topic again, where we're stumbling over how tall some characters are, etc. I'm terrible at heights, I'll say this from the get-go, but here are a bunch of screenshots I've compiled and a sketchy basis as for who is taller than whom.

And here are the screens:

TEAM LIGHTYEAR:

Spoiler:

BUZZ AND TY:

Spoiler:

BUZZ AND WARP:

Spoiler:

WARP AND ZURG:

Spoiler:

MIRA AND ZURG:

Spoiler:

BUZZ AND ZURG:

Spoiler:

Mira's height seems to fluctuate between slightly shorter than Buzz and as tall as him. Personally, I go with her being a little shorter, maybe being Ty's height. Ty is a little shorter than Buzz, and Warp is a little taller than Buzz. Zurg towers over everyone perhaps maybe Booster who's just a smidgeon taller than him. XR is the shortest, plain and simple.

XR < Mira < Ty < Buzz < Warp < Zurg < Booster

What do you guys think? What about... actual measurements?! Surprised

Last edited by Steel on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

character - Character Heights Empty Re: Character Heights

Post by Alexa Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 am

Steel, you should know better than to give me a math problem to do. D8

Based on the images provided and the standard assumption that Buzz's head would be approximately 10 inches long... And then just comparing and contrasting the heights in each of the images, since they all seem to fluctuate due to animation quirks, perspective, etc.... I've come up with tentative heights that seem about right, yet are very likely wrong when compared with others.

So, here they from shortest to tallest, give or take a few inches at your whimsy:

XR: 3'8" (44 inches)
Mira: 5'8" (68 inches)
Ty: 5'8" (68 inches)
Buzz: 5'10" (70 inches)
Warp: 6' (72 inches)
Booster: 7'4" (88 inches)
Zurg: 7'5" (89 inches)

Like I said, I was basing it on the images provided, and sometimes the characters end up taller or shorter than they should be. Zurg's height is from the image with Warp. However, Zurg seems oddly shorter than he should in the image with Mira and one of the images with Buzz. The image comparing Ty with Buzz has neither of them standing straight, so it's hard to get the for sure height from that. The same kind of thing seems to happen to all the characters at various times...

So, as I said, feel free to give or take a few inches to the character heights I came up with. It's not like we have anything canon directly stating the heights (unless we do, in which case somebody better come out with it). Those of you on the metric system will have to do the conversions yourself, sorry.
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:35 am

I'm sorry, Alexa! Dx It's mostly for RP purposes that I ask, as well as because I'd really like to do some sort of height chart in the future. And math is my bane. Keep it away from me.

Wow, Zurg turned out freakishly tall! I never pegged him to be seven feet. But you know, in other shots in TAB, he's not that tall when put side-to-side with Warp, I don't think. And since we're on the topic, I found two more size comparison shots between Warp and Zurg here and here. I'll add them to the first post, too.

Also, I never figured Buzz was that tall, but maybe he is. A lot of characters are rather stocky in the show. Only Mira and Zurg are rather lithe. Argh, I hate how they can't be consistent from episode to episode! I guess that's what you get when you have more than one animation studio handling things...
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Okay, well then... Let's say that the first picture of Warp actually has Warp a little farther back and not right next to Zurg, making Warp smaller than he should be since he's in the "backgound" even though that should not be how it is.. So, instead comparing Zurg with Buzz in this picture, I get Zurg's height as approximately 6'10" (82 inches).

Does that work better, or no...?
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I've been wondering about their heights for a long time. I never really noticed those goofs until Steel pointed it out. Wow.

Usually animators have a character sheet for this. It's too bad that Disney Animation archive site doesn't have anything for BLoSC.

I always assumed Zurg would be freakishly tall, but it turns out the whole Lightyear Team is a bit taller than average (except for XR).
DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down