To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version)

+4
Steel
Mod
Pythonmelon
Cartoonhottie2009
8 posters

Go down

Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version) Empty Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version)

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 pm

ORIGINALLY STARTED BY FOX STORM ON 29/09/2011:

What songs do you think best describe some characters? It occurred to me that a lot of folks have done videos with songs to certain BLoSC characters on Youtube, but as far as I know, no one has really discussed which songs best describe the characters. So..what are your thoughts?

I have a few fan characters I have thought of songs for them as well, but I may talk about them in the art forum, since I'm not sure how people will react to one of the fan characters.

But one character I can talk about is my version of the Protector, seen in the art forum. His song, or theme, would be Oki's Theme from Okami. He is a very old guardian who has had to deal with many universal forces all through his time, and the times of the present. He's a bit rugged and jaded in his worldviews, but he knows that he needs to give his ancestors, the Space Rangers, the same hopes he had when he and his fellow warriors protected the galaxy.

For my fancharacter, Pixel, her theme songs are "I'm a Supergirl" by Shonen Knife, and "Sonic Boom" by Pastiche, respectively. "I'm a Supergirl" describes Pixel in that she's got a very spunky attitude-she doesn't let anything get in her way of doing what she wants, and she fiercely believes in herself. "Sonic Boom" describes Pixel because she is a very speedy character, and if she has to go as fast as the wind to do her job, then she'll do it, goshdarn it. She loves racing, as it gives her a sense of freedom. So...yeah. There you go! ^_^

--------------------------------------------------

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY PYTHONMELON ON 26/11/2011:

hmmm... *must find song for renee*

--------------------------------------------------

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY CARTOONHOTTIE2009 ON 26/11/2011:

Hmmmm, I think 'Girl all the bad guys want best discribes Jill...but it's really song i can think of at the moment...
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version) Empty Re: Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version)

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:48 pm

hmm... maybe i could think of something. any reccomendations for renee?
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version) Empty Re: Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version)

Post by Mod Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Hmm....it depends on what kind of song you want to express how the character thinks or feels. For example, for Renee, there could be songs about how she feels about NOS-4-A2, or about the trials she went through, or just about life in general.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

What the hell by Avril Lavine, I think...
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 pm

oh thats perfect! thanks! ^^ i was going for the life in general thing Smile
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Not a girl, not yet a woman by Brittney spears?
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Oooh, nice choices, my friends! That sounds like the perfect choices for those two characters. Smile

As for my other OC, Simone, her song would be "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. She has been through a civil war and other trials, but she has come out a bit stronger and wiser in the end.

Actually, that song can also be used to describe Ty and Savy SL2. They've been through their tough ordeals with NOS-4-A2, but they have come out stronger and wiser people, and they have also come out as fighters!

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Ooo! I just thought of another good song for Jill! Stronger by Kelly Clarkson!
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:30 pm

great! now i have to find something to sum up renee's big thing with not knowing whether she's good or evil~

but these are good choices for all of your characters

Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 am

Well...there is one song that could be used to describe her, but this is a mere suggestion, nothing more..."Who You Really Are" from the Balto 2 soundtrack. It's...well, hold on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gkbK9xiXpg

It's pretty much about finding out who you are, and that's something that anyone can relate to. Just an idea, though!
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:27 am

i'll take it into consideration. this one is more funny, but ive listened to it three times tonight. its "Go away, stop, turn around, come back" by steve martin and the steep canyon rangers.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Sounds pretty cool and very silly yet awesome to me!

I just thought of a theme for XR. From the Okami game, his theme would be Issun's theme-he's bouncy and can be a bit annoying, but he's got a lot of pep in him. Not to mention Issun and XR have soft spots for pretty girls. Razz

Last edited by Fox Storm on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 am

glad you like it ^^

and oh, that works~

EDIT: just got one for te Nos/ Renee (Nonpairing!) Relationship: Forever Unstoppable by Hot Chelle Rae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI2MuXoMteo
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version) Empty Songs That Best Describe Characters (The OC Version)

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:57 am

I thought of one for Jill and Buzz's relationship, I was thinking Goodnight, Goodnight by maroon 5...any others i should concider?
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello, just another quick note to say that this can serve as the new character song thread for your OCs! I split the posts from the original thread so discussions can be kept separate and neat and tidy!

Again, I apologise at not being able to copy posts, so the first post of this thread contains the opinions of two posters. :s Sorry!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TyFan10o3 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:30 pm

As we speak I'm going through what I have as for song choice that would best describe MINERVA, so it's going to take a bit. But this is quite the thing to use to help describe your oc through music. Any suggestion that you might think that will work would help.
TyFan10o3
TyFan10o3

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by XRUAFan Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:58 pm

MY OC (Goobler) has two songs that fit him perfectly!

"I Wanna Be (A Starship Ranger)" and "Status Quo" - both of them are from the musical "Starship" (Which ironically is allegidly a parody of BLoSC)

Basically, his entire life he strived to be a Starship ranger but because of his "place" in life he couldn't. Luckily he had a special someone watching over him who managed to get him a place in the Rangers.
XRUAFan
XRUAFan

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by TyFan10o3 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:48 pm

OMG another Starship fan! I love those songs!
TyFan10o3
TyFan10o3

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by XRUAFan Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Oh cool! You are "totally awesome"!
XRUAFan
XRUAFan

CADET

CADET

Back to top Go down

Post by Stomper1232 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 pm

For my OC (Chris Speedchaser), I'm probably going to use the Trocadero song Good Fight. (Ironic thing is that I was always thinking of using this song to fit him before this topic started)
Stomper1232
Stomper1232

CAPTAIN

CAPTAIN

http://stomper1232.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:54 am

this is just a test song but the lyrics seem to fit him well- "Sidewinder" by Avenged Seven Fold for my new OC anton (whom i will make a profile for soon) it may be a little harsh but you get the basic idea XD
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Asenath Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't listen to that much lyrical music... so I don't know what would fit my OCs in that department. But I do think Magneto's theme from X-Men: First Class would fit my OC villainess, Styx, quite well.
And Sufjan Stevens' song *yes, I know, I broke my rule, it's lyrical* The Dress Looks Nice on You seems to fit my OC Velette somehow. The words don't really go perfectly, but I do like it for her.
Asenath
Asenath

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by TyFan10o3 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am

Me "totally awesome"? Well, I think we're both "totally awesome"!
TyFan10o3
TyFan10o3

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down