To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The name Xrghthung

3 posters

Go down

The name Xrghthung Empty The name Xrghthung

Post by Ranger-Nova Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:56 am

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I've been puzzling over it for awhile and finally decided to ask: Where does the name Xrghthung come from? I've seen people say that was the original name of Planet Z, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned in the series. So is it canon, and I'm just missing something, or is it fanon? I'd love to have this cleared up. Thanks!
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

The name Xrghthung Empty Re: The name Xrghthung

Post by Steel Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:43 am

It's not stupid at all! When I first heard it I wondered whether I'd missed an episode than mentioned it somewhere. It is indeed canon, but it was never mentioned in the series due to being "unpronounceable". At least that's one of the explanations I saw for it being absent. I know for a fact that it can be found on merchandise as well as is mentioned in one of the Toy Story 2 video games.

Hope that helps! I, personally, would also like to know what it's supposed to stand for and whether it does have any connection to Zurg. It must be since the first part is "Xrgh" which is most likely pronounced "Zurg", only with a softer Z. But is it a name Zurg gave to Planet Z? Or did he make his from the planet's name...?
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 am

Okay, thanks a lot! I don't have much merchandise - only a several Buzzes, Booster, Nos, XR, and a Zurg Happy Meal figurine - and I don't have the games either, so I've never seen it before. I was afraid I was totally stupid and missed it in one of the episodes.

I don't know why, but I somehow think Zurg took his name from the planet, and then renamed the planet to Planet Z - maybe so no one would know it's true name? Who knows? Poor Zurg never got much backstory. *sniffle*
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Like my co-admin has stated, the name Xrghthung is indeed canon. However, due to it being relatively difficult to pronounce (even for actors with a script) it has never been mentioned.

However, it has been used in several BLoSC media; video games and one action figure, for relevant instances.

As for what it comes from, that, my friend, is one of BLoSC's many mysteries...
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum