To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theorizin' Time

5 posters

Go down

Theorizin' Time Empty Theorizin' Time

Post by Rook Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I was browsing the forum and I found a few scatter discussions about how we got humans mixed together with aliens but no mention of earth, and how long has the Galactic Alliance been around anyways. I came up with a theory while I was watching Firefly, based off of the "how'd humanity get out there" story they had. That and the word 'alliance' kind of struck a chord in my mind. So I present a possible early history of the BLoSC if it was an extension of the Firefly-verse. (crossover possibilities would be awesome)

Earth could no longer sustain humanity's growth and expansion, so plans were set in motion to leave the used up world behind and colonize planets beyond the Solar System. Massive ships, called arks, carried thousands of people across the void, all heading in the same direction except for one. One ark headed in the opposite direction, out of the Milky Way Galaxy and into a new one. This took a long time, Earth was soon a passing legend, but eventually they found a planet suitable to terraform so that it could support life. The humans settled on this world they called Capital Planet, the base of their Anglo-Sino Alliance*, but soon found that they were not alone in this new galaxy.
*in the Firefly verse, before the Exodus, China and the US became the top superpowers and united the human race into the Anglo-Sino Alliance. I know Anglo refers to England, but Joss Whedon came up with it, not me.
When they terraformed a second planet, they found alien races coming to watch them expand their empire. First contact was shaky, but they came to a small agreement that the second planet would be a meeting point and trading center between the humans and the aliens [Trade World]. Technology, knowledge, and anything that could make people money was exchanged here.
Time went by and the growing human population caught the attention of a dark force at a far corner of the galaxy. Many alien races warned the humans away from it, yet contact was made with the dark world known as Planet Z. After discovering the tyrannical mastermind that lived there, the Anglo-Sino Alliance began to organize with their neighbors to unite as the Galactic Alliance to defend their territory from the growing evil empire.

And that is the bare bones of the history, or as I like to call it, The Tale of the Lost Ark. (ain't I just hilarious)
If anyone wants to add anything, go ahead. I'm interested in input.
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

http://www.inklingworks.com

Back to top Go down

Theorizin' Time Empty Re: Theorizin' Time

Post by Mod Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Hmm...that's a very interesting theory! But just out of curiosity, what would happen to Earth itself? Would it still be inhabited with humans? And if so, no human (more or less) would remember Earth, if I'm reading your theory correctly.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Earth is implied to have been drained of its resources. Maybe some humans stayed behind because they knew the journey would be too long and they'd die in space. Firefly-verse does not have faster-than-light travel, and its said that the journey to where the newly terraformed planets were would be long enough that an entire generation would be born, live and die on the way.

Theoretically I imagine that the Firefly-verse takes place in the Milky Way galaxy, albeit somewhere else far from Earth. If one ark of people went to another galaxy altogether, I'd imagine it'd take even longer, despite our Solar System being on the edge of our galaxy. By the time they reached there, Earth-that-was would probably be just a story to some who would never see it, textbook knowledge of where humanity evolved.

I probably made this outrageously complicated. It was just an idea.
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh, okay. That makes sense to me! ^^

I think that humans either also brought along animals with them, in order to get foods and what not, like in TAB, when the LGMs are trying to fix XR after they Uni-Mind was taken from them, one of them stuffs a skateboard into his compartment and what pops out? A chicken!...I don't think I wanna know how a chicken got in there, but regardless, you see my point.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm glad it makes some sense. <^_^>

And, yeah, I imagine they brought some animals with them. Or at least some animal DNA so they could clone them when they actually got somewhere they could set them loose. Otherwise you get problems like this:

"Oh, god, the whale tank is cracking!"
And there was panic for a few months while they tried to get the whales out of the engine room, off the bridge, and into the tank again.

But yeah, I think they definitely had room for whatever livestock people needed. Leave no chicken behind, for they taste delicious!
Rook
Rook

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:33 pm

^^

...Is that a ref to Firefly or Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home? Just asking. ^^

Yep! And leave no cow or pig or any other critter behind either! I also think that the humans also encountered aliens that look like animals from Earth: Eagles, Tigers, etc., but it could very well be that the animals evolved over time to form their own government, home, etc.
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger-Nova Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Interesting theory, though I've never watched Firefly (my three great sci-fi loves are Star Trek, Stargate, and Babylon 5) so I can't really comment on that aspect of it.

I always thought it would be cool if the BLoSC universe was in some way connected to the Stargate universe (but NOT Stargate: Universe - ugh, that show is awful) because there are similarities - Natron screams of Goa'uld. But as for being connected to Firefly, I really can't say - as I said, I haven't seen the show.
Ranger-Nova
Ranger-Nova

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by DarklingDragon Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

I've also always wondered how the Galactic Alliance formed and if Humans were around before or after.

You guys brought up a good point about the show never mentioning Earth. It is possible that Earth was either destroyed or forgotten. It could also be that these Humans originated in a different solar system.

I think my worst assumption is they hate Earth and never mention it to anyone. :p

DarklingDragon
DarklingDragon

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:53 pm

In my mind, as dark and dusty as it is, the setting of BLoSC is in an entirely different galaxy.

This may conflict with ideas, but who is to say that humans in the Milky Way are the first? Who is to say that there aren't humans in other galaxies? The universe is quite big (a humourous understatement), so it is entirely plausible within an acceptable range of accuracy that the BLoSC galaxy is not our own -- and vice versa, likewise. It's all in how you see things from your mind's eye.

Moving on, I view the BLoSC humans as space settlers; colonists, adventurers, entrepreneurs. People who travel space and inhabit many worlds, but claim none.

I've even developed space gypsies and roaming caravans who trade their goods and tales for the right price.

As for the aliens, there are countless worlds in any galaxy, young and old alike. It all depends on how life is created and what quality exists. Needless to say, there will be advanced aliens and primitive aliens; aliens who have established space travel and aliens who are barely moving past fossil fuels. Whichever the case, the GA was most likely selected on a world neutral and... well, let's face it, devoid of settlement.

To claim a world already occupied by a prominent race is favourtism, and this is cause for strife.

In my fanon, Capital Planet is not Earth. And it should not be -- humans are young. Why should they have their world against the countless planets who could be greatly better?

As for how the GA started, it takes many talks and coalitions. And also, if you know me, a certain... problem to bring the minds together. Before anyone shouts, this problem should not be the Evil Emperor Zurg. It should be something else...

That's all I want to say on the matter. The rest can be found in my fic, or via oneshots.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down