To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis

4 posters

Go down

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Empty Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis

Post by Mod Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Pretty self-explanatory. I wanted to do a character analysis on Ty Parsec, since he is one of the most interesting characters on the show, with his personality and known history with Buzz. Plus, it gives me a chance to practice character analyzing since I believe strongly in character development. And so, without further ado...

Who is Ty Parsec?

Ty is a Space Ranger.

Although his background is mostly unknown, other than he was saved by his old friend Buzz Lightyear 50+ times on past missions, what is known about him is that he has grown bitter, sarcastic, and cynical as a result. But because he’s been called out to have been saved by Buzz many times does not mean he is helpless...entirely. He is capable of taking care of himself, and to the others around him, if their needs are greater than his. In fact, he is a very selfless person, putting his own life on the line to help someone else, but sometimes, due to his actions, or sometimes his acting before thinking, he ends up paying the price for those people, often being in harm’s way or otherwise in danger.

Nevertheless, he would stick his neck out for anyone who needs a hand because he knows that while he may not come out of it entirely unscathed, he knows it’ll be worth the effort to know that one innocent life has been helped. His selflessness shone through when he knew that he was the Wirewolf and warned Buzz and his team to leave the planet of Canis Lunis before he transformed again, showing concern that they may be harmed.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_rea10

As shown by his actions, his compassion for other people is evident. He will make sure that the needs of others are met, if they are critical, such as the case with Sentry 1 when NOS-4-A2 attacked and drained him of energy. Ty will do his best to make sure that whatever the person needs, they will get it. The only thing he wants is to be recognized for as a Space Ranger is his own talents and abilities, thus making him somewhat humble.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_and11

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_wor10

But as much as a good guy as he is, he can be very sarcastic, whipping out remarks if the situation calls for it. This is due to the fact that he had been saved by Buzz 50+ times in the past, thus making him seem a bit bitter at times. His capacity for sarcasm is evident, that for some strange reason, sometimes the people around him can’t always acknowledge it, such as Buzz and Booster. Ty can also be a bit of a snarker, pointing out the flaws in others’ plans or the reality of the situation in the most silent of times that he can sometimes be seen as a no-nonsense person or a mood killer. It can sometimes also lead him to be funny by outsiders, when he behaves in a very sarcastic and serious manner, even if HE doesn’t think he’s being funny. His snarkiness can be followed by his cynical side, as he doesn’t always believe some plans will work out for the best, or that some things in his life, or life in general, are not meant to be changed. This gives him a great deal of strength in his character, however, in facing certain truths in life.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_alr10

Ty’s strength comes from the fact that he is often able to cope with certain truths in life that almost no one else can face. This strength makes him a somewhat sober character, in that he is able to see, hear, or learn about the horrors of life, which is one of the reasons why he wants to help other people as a Space Ranger-to not have them suffer these truths in life. Even though his courage to deal with these sad facts of life can sometimes go amiss by his peers, it is a very resilient trait he possesses. It is also one of the valuable traits he has-he will never give in until the job is done and will do whatever it takes to complete it, but he’s sensible enough to know when something isn’t working or when to retreat and to recover and move on.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_run10

Ty has also quite a strong will. When he goes on a mission of some sort, even if it’s a boring one, he’ll do his job the best he can, such as his Canis Lunis assignment before the wirewolf troubles started. He’s also usually very tolerant when it comes to boring assignments. Even if he laments it or doesn’t want to do it, he’ll endure whatever assignment is given to him because it was something he was asked to do, and he sees no point in arguing against it unless there is a good reason to. He is also able to (usually) put up with others who are acting immature or delusional, such as when Buzz acts this way, for example. However, he can only tolerate others for so long. When it becomes too much for him to bear, his emotions will bottle up and he’ll explode.

Although he can be sarcastic, he can also be very emotional. When there are times when he keeps his emotions bottled up, it only takes one wrong thing to say or act to get them to boil over, as in the case of the wirewolf incident when Buzz accidentally mentioned having to save Ty. Ty tried to keep his emotions in check, but when Buzz made his mistake, Ty’s anger was sparked, and they erupted out.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_s_b10

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_ang10

Sometimes he feels like the universe is out to make his days seem unlucky, and for him to get into trouble whenever it possibly can. What he doesn’t realize, though, is that he’s not unlucky, it’s that he’s sometimes at the wrong place at the wrong time, as evidenced by his first run with NOS-4-A2. But Ty doesn’t let this stop him. He’s not really a believer of luck like Buzz, but what he does believe is in is his own selflessness. In a way, this makes him as some sort of rebel.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_pla10

He relies on his own skills, and the skills of others, but he doesn’t rely on things like faith or luck. That doesn’t mean Ty doesn’t think there’s something mystical or all-powerful to believe in; it’s just that he has never given much thought to believing in something bigger than himself, and gives a lot of thought to believing in the willpower of, himself, his friends and allies. It’s probably why sometimes, in the past, when he was on his own away from Buzz, he was striving to rebel against the notion and rumor that he was a distressed dude; that he can take care of himself, and that he didn’t need to be saved all the time.

Ty, all-in-all, is a very good-hearted person who exhibits his Space Ranger talents by helping other people whenever possible, even if it means sacrificing his life or his reputation to get the job done. Although he’s seen as sullen, he also carries with him a big heart, capable of reaching out to others when they are in pain or danger. He may make some cynical remark about certain things in life, and he may sometimes get into trouble, but he is a very lenient Ranger, never straying from his path of heroism, and that is what makes him a strong Ranger, but more importantly, a very strong human.

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Ty_par10

Quick Physical Analysis
-Large eyes: most prominent feature of Ty. Large eyes represent his soul-big and caring, but also very wary and exhausted, as shown by his bags, like he is carrying a big burden on his shoulders.
EDIT: I noticed he blinks a lot, as least in his debut episode. That meant he was under a LOT of stress before his wirewolf troubles, and still blinks, but doesn't blink as much.
-Red-brownish pompadour: He’s a serious individual, wants to be taken seriously and his hair color suggests that he is a subtly passionate person, but his passion is subdued under his sarcastic demeanor.
-Pointy chin. Suggests a sharp personality, but his eyes make up to show a soft side of his personality.
-Way he carries himself. Before the wirewolf incident, he walked with fists, shows his silent frustration with his reputation and assignment. Afterwards, he doesn’t walk around with fists as much, shows he’s let go of frustration.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Empty Re: Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis

Post by Alexa Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Oh, wow! 8D That's so detailed! I especially loved the analysis you got from his physical appearance! (Note: even though I'm only commenting on the last bit, does NOT mean that I skipped over the rest. I read it all, don't worry! <3)
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

character - Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis Empty Re: Ty Parsec: A Character Analysis

Post by Mod Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you like the analysis, both his personality and his physical appearance. I thought the physical appearance was a nice touch to add to our lovable Space Ranger.

Ty:..You think my chin is pointy?
Me:...Um...uh....ooh, look, is that Rocket flirting with Simone?
Ty: WHAT? Where?! (looks around)
Me: (runs off)

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Ty's chin is pointy enough to pierce skin. D8 (That's what you say about any character's body part that is drawn pointy.) And his eyes are as huge as dinner plates, like a squid's. And I only noticed recently that he has a pompadour which is REALLY amazing. XD Do you think he gels it to get into that style?
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Yeah, but Ty's chin is not NEARLY as pointy as Rocket's. I'd say something about his chin, but I think his chin speaks for itself, so I won't say much on it. xD

Like a squid's? Laughing xD xD! That made me laugh! That is so true. Gonna have to draw him as one now. x)P

I think he does gel it to get his hair like that. I mean, as far as I know it DOES take some gel to style hair to get it to a pompadour. But that doesn't help him, since I still call him a moptop!

Ty: I hate it when you call me that.
Me. Razz

But for some reason, the moptop hairstyle makes him look younger. I don't know why it does, he just looks younger to me when his hair's like that.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Hmm.... very detailed. Also, yeah, he does have the killer pointy chin *uses it to get the cork out of a bottle* And the dinner plate eyes? i love them~

anyone notice how horribly tired he looks at the beggining of revenge? Its nutty. He also looks a lot older.... so the pompadour wasnt as effective there, huh? XD
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Well, RofM was animated by a different studio, so that's why he looks a bit different than he did in his debut episode, which is another reason why I don't watch RotM.

I mean, the animation is good at some parts, but I just don't like the way Ty was drawn, is all. But to each their own.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:42 pm

oh, didnt know they were animated by different studios. Yeah, i liked the debut ty better. He ind of looked like he was in his late fifties the other way XP

but i do think the animation is pretty good other wise
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Pythonmelon wrote:oh, didnt know they were animated by different studios. Yeah, i liked the debut ty better. He ind of looked like he was in his late fifties the other way XP

but i do think the animation is pretty good other wise

Yeah, they were animated by different studios. "Wirewolf" was animated by...Jade Animation International Limited. And RotM was animated by...the Sae Hahn Productions Company.

That's one of the only things I don't like about the show; I just wish they'd stick to one animations show or the other, but that's okay. I'm just happy that the show itself is awesome! ^^

Anyway, I'm glad you like the analysis I wrote. Thank you. Smile

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:54 pm

welcome ^^ and i do love the show- its fantastic. I just wished it had really been longer.
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:40 pm

So do I, but beggars can't be choosers, I'm afraid. That's why the fans have gotta put stuff like this up; to show our love and appreciation for the show. ^^

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:23 pm

very true ^^
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Asenath Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 am

Well, Ty might indeed be a little more tired and his face could easily have aged since the Wirewolf incident and all the legal jazz surrounding it, so it could be more than just the change of animation studios.
Am I going off on a tangent here? Sorry if so. Razz
Asenath
Asenath

ROOKIE

ROOKIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down