To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternate Universe Characters

+3
Olivus Prime
Cartoonhottie2009
Pythonmelon
7 posters

Go down

Alternate Universe Characters Empty Alternate Universe Characters

Post by Pythonmelon Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

So yeah, what would you're favorite characters/ OC's be doing in the alternate universe?! We've got this: Tangea, Joad, and other planets have been dominated and destroyed. Star Command is awfully weak- loking, and Evil Buzz rules. ALSO Zurg is a hamburger guy. How is that effecting your/ the characters?

Majorness villains: Warp stayed with star command as our Buzz, how bout that?
Nos-4-a2: A failed experiment, possible banished to rhizome, where he tends to the electroplants?
XL: A success that they worked XR off of, maybe Nebula's favorite?
Gravatina: A biggy for Warp, but still pretty evil

Good guys: We know buzz is a supervillain here
Mira is still a ranger, as we've seen
Booster joined satr command, we also know
XR quietly accepts nebula's affection, but just goes with it. Maybe a bit jealous of XL?
Nebula: Still commander, but a lot nicer to XR and XL
Ty: Evil Buzz's jealous second- in- command?

Food for thought here, so lets see what you think!
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Alternate Universe Characters Empty Re: Alternate Universe Characters

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Sounds pretty good to me!
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 pm

You've made a topic for me to live in!

For me, main characters:
GOOD GUYS
Buzz Lightyear - Evil, but you knew that.
Mira Nova - Obsessed with Tangean culture, Mira was forced to join Star Command by her father, who believed that galactic unity was the way forward. She went rogue when Buzz destroyed Tangea, and set out to kill Buzz herself.
Booster Munchapper - A lowly thief on Jo-Ad, Buzz bribed Booster to show him the largest food supply on the planet, which he used to supply his empire. Soon enough, Booster became enraged at Buzz when the villain deprived his world of produce completely, and subsequently destroyed it.
XR - A robot Ranger made to serve Star Command who is often very quiet and subdued. Prefers to use logic over emotion in choices. Quietly takes Nebula's comments in his stride.
Commander Nebula - Once the peaceful and mellow Commander of Star Command, Nebula now leads the remaining Space Rangers and freedom fighters who defy Buzz's reign. Has overwhelming respect for XR and is vocal about how proud he is to have him on the team.
Ty Parsec - Once the chatty and appreciative partner of Buzz in his Star Command years, Ty was left for dead by Lightyear on Canis Lunis, and subsequently went insane. Very hyperactive.

BAD GUYS
Evil Emperor Zurg - Previously the biggest tyrant in the galaxy, Zurg went out of business when Buzz became evil and began dominating planets and races at an exponential rate. During his time at Cosmo's, Zurg has become friendlier and now supports the rebel movements against Lightyear, despite living with his mother.
Warp Darkmatter - Buzz's workaholic partner who was terrified to see his friend go on to become a villain. He frequently coordinates rebel movements on his moon base.
NOS-4-A2 - A mish-mash of scrap parts that Zurg built as a repair bot in his own garage (think C-3P0). Can perform both digital and mechanical repairs on other machines.
Gravitina - A subdued queen who rules a planet far from the clutches of Buzz's empire. The two frequently combat one another, but Gravitina denies Buzz's seductive advances.
XL - ???

OTHER CHARACTERS (for fun)
Chlorms - A race of environmentally-obessed aliens from an external galaxy, the Chlorms retreated from Buzz's galaxy when they saw what a terrible, deprived state it was in. They've banned animal testing and have formed their own galacit alliance in their home galaxy.
Spyro and Bonnie Lepton - Spyro was Star Command's finest scientist, who had his breakthrough when discovering fusion crystallisation. He now changes rebels into cryborgs, and neglects his criminal daughter, Bonnie.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoonhottie2009 Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Olivus wins. Hand down.
Cartoonhottie2009
Cartoonhottie2009

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythonmelon Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:40 pm

oh yeah... *hands gigantic trophy to Olivius* Wow... nice
Pythonmelon
Pythonmelon

COLONEL

COLONEL

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivus Prime Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 am

Heh, thank you! I love alternate universes, and The Lightyear Factor is perhaps my favourite episode. Alternate universes are a chance to have a lot of fun, as you can make wacky versions of villains, and scarily evil versions of heroes.

Pythonmelon wrote:Nos-4-a2: A failed experiment, possible banished to rhizome, where he tends to the electroplants?
XL: A success that they worked XR off of, maybe Nebula's favorite?
Gravatina: A biggy for Warp, but still pretty evil
These are really cool.
Olivus Prime
Olivus Prime

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Olivus Prime wrote:
Ty Parsec - Once the chatty and appreciative partner of Buzz in his Star Command years, Ty was left for dead by Lightyear on Canis Lunis, and subsequently went insane. Very hyperactive.

Now I'm wondering why Ty was left for dead in the first place. Did this happen in the beginning of Buzz's descent to villiany? Maybe Ty somehow sustained massive injuries while on the planet, and that's why Buzz left him. The combination of injury, mental trauma and watching Buzz abandon him could have been what drove him insane. And for some reason, I can see him somehow grafting wirewolf-looking robotic limbs to himself to keep himself alive and therefor enable him to have his revenge on Buzz (which he most likely would be totally obsessed about).

Oh gods, now I want to know what would happen if Alt!Warp ever finds Alt!Ty. I can just see the horror on the poor dude's face....
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Senior Doctor Hyppos wrote:
Now I'm wondering why Ty was left for dead in the first place. Did this happen in the beginning of Buzz's descent to villiany? Maybe Ty somehow sustained massive injuries while on the planet, and that's why Buzz left him. The combination of injury, mental trauma and watching Buzz abandon him could have been what drove him insane. And for some reason, I can see him somehow grafting wirewolf-looking robotic limbs to himself to keep himself alive and therefor enable him to have his revenge on Buzz (which he most likely would be totally obsessed about).

Oh gods, now I want to know what would happen if Alt!Warp ever finds Alt!Ty. I can just see the horror on the poor dude's face....

I can only imagine that it won't be good. OO;

But I can see Ty somehow grafting wirewolf-looking limbs...but wouldn't he have had some kind of incident happened that made him the wirewolf, similar to how he was back in the other universe? I mean, the other characters are a bit different than the canon universe, sure, but some of their histories are more or less the same, like with XR and Nebula, for example. XR was built to be a robot Ranger, but he is more quiet than his canon counterpart, and Nebula still seems like the gruff Commander he is in the canon universe, although he's more open towards XR.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Doctor Thalassi Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 am

Fox Storm wrote:But I can see Ty somehow grafting wirewolf-looking limbs...but wouldn't he have had some kind of incident happened that made him the wirewolf, similar to how he was back in the other universe? I mean, the other characters are a bit different than the canon universe, sure, but some of their histories are more or less the same, like with XR and Nebula, for example. XR was built to be a robot Ranger, but he is more quiet than his canon counterpart, and Nebula still seems like the gruff Commander he is in the canon universe, although he's more open towards XR.

You got a point there. Hmm...

They could have been sent to Canis Lunis in the first place due to the research facility having nanobot problems (maybe a scientist's pet project got out of control; maybe a Zurg agent planted them in the facility; I'm kinda making this part up off the top of my head, so...). While they're trying to deal with the nanobots, Ty might end up getting into an accident that severely injures him (possibly to the point of lost limbs?), giving the nanobots a chance to infect him. The scientists in the facility might have been evacuated at this point, so Buzz could leave him behind, declare the mission a failure, and have Canis Lunis quarantined to prevent the nanobots from spreading off-planet. What he wouldn't realize is that the nanobots combined with the radioactive moon turn Ty into the wirewolf, not only allowing him to survive and eventually heal from his wounds, but also stay alive when the facility's food supply runs out by giving him the ability to feed on the still-running appliances in the facility.

After about, oh, let's say ten or so years, Buzz had taken over the galaxy and is slowly but surely wearing down the resistance against him. At this point the resistance might be desperate enough to break the quarantine, sending a team to see if they can find anything in the abandoned facility that would help them even the odds against Lightyear.

What they find is the research notes about converting the moon's radiation into energy and Ty, who at this point has undergone radical transformations of all kinds. Physically, he would probably now have permanent wirewolf limbs to replace the ones he lost when he first got here, his organic form would be dangerously emaciated (he's surviving on electricity/energy, yes, but his body's still suffering from lack of nutrition), and his sleep schedule would consist of continually going until he just drops where he stands from sheer exhaustion. Mentally, he'd be even worse; he would now be completely obsessed with getting his revenge on Buzz for leaving him to die like that, he's talking to the long deactivated sentry robots as if they were still functional, and at this point probably would have accepted the fact that he is a wirewolf and a "monster" and might even get a feeling of euphoria from the transformations. When he first sees the team, he might assume that he's hallucinating them, and his interactions with them would probably be rather...tactile (after almost a decade with no living contact, I can see him completely forgetting what personal space even is).

If the team does decide to bring him back with them, they might have to deal with him freaking out the first week or so due to the fact that he's not transforming every night like he's "supposed to." The medics would have a hell of a time trying to get his health to recuperate from the conditions he had been living in, mainly because he (since Olivus described him as hyperactive) probably couldn't stay still for more than a minute with certain exceptions. People would most likely find him in the strangest places as he's exploring every single inch of the base he's being kept in, such as the closets, the air ducts, the trash chutes, etc., and on the rare occasions he goes to sleep, either curled up in the hallway or (since he would probably be craving contact so much) snuggled up to someone in their bed. And he'd still be invading people's personal spaces on a way-too-often basis.

But once they finally let him on the battlefield, they would finally see why he calls himself a monster; completely ripping through the enemy with whatever he has on hand (or, barring that, his bare hands) and showing no mercy whatsoever. And should Buzz show up on the field and should Ty see him...oh cosmos, duck and cover.

...I'm seriously over-thinking this, aren't I?

[edit]And now to muse about some other characters. Blame Steel for this.[/edit]

Evilyear: A lot of us are most likely wondering what exactly happened to drive the alternate universe's Buzz to the dark side. I personally think it was something subtle that took a bit of time in the making.

In fact, it could have all started around the time of "Lone Wolf," when the criminal Buzz captured was allowed to go free. Perhaps, instead of quitting in a rage, he started making pushes for more power to Star Command and more extreme measures of punishment; and as he battled and defeated Zurg and his fame grew, at least some of those pushes started getting results, particularly for him personally.

Believing at the time that he was doing what was best for the Galactic Alliance, he would make sure the new measures would get implemented and even harsher ones enacted, probably by using fear tactics to convince the Senate that handing over those powers was the only way to prevent Zurg's latest diabolical scheme from allowing him to take over.

Eventually, his actions would probably start alienating his fellow rangers, aside from a few, like his partners Warp and Ty (at least until he gets left for dead on Canis Lunis). However, it would eventually get to a point where even Warp calls him out on his actions, possibly leading to an epiphany for Buzz; he had ended up becoming one of the very monsters he had been trying to protect the Alliance from. And for whatever reason (the lust for power, disgust with the system, maybe even not being quite right in the head), he decides to embrace it and never look back.

First order of business would be getting rid of the competition. So he invades Planet Z, just as always. Except unlike as always, he doesn't leave. Instead he usurps Zurg and banishes him from Planet Z, claiming the throne and the resources of the empire as his own. Despite the warning Zurg gave Star Command, they were eventually powerless to stop Buzz from taking over and destroying their galaxy.

Zurg: I see him being pretty much like the original Zurg at first, flamboyant with his plots, and absolutely ecstatic about being evil and trying to take over the Galactic Alliance. He did notice the changes Buzz had been implementing to the legal system, but he underestimated the reasoning behind those actions...a mistake he paid for when he found himself banished from Planet Z.

At this point, he would have three options; try to retake Planet Z, warn Star Command, or run and hide. I can see him trying to retake Planet Z at first, which would serve to drive the point home just how dangerous Buzz had become. It would be at this point that he would most likely run and hide, though I like to think he left some kind of warning to Star Command, to 1) rub it in their face that their pride and joy had betrayed them and 2) get them prepared since he knows what all is on Planet Z, and the longer Star Command can hold back Buzz, the longer Buzz would be distracted by them, and the less chance he would go after Zurg again.

Eventually, he would find himself flipping hamburgers at Cosmo's Diner, listening to the news and rumors as Buzz quickly and surely did what he had been trying to do for who knows how long. At this point, he'd probably be pretty miffed, and would most likely use his job in Buzz's favorite restaurant as an opportunity to eavesdrop and gather intel to pass along to the resistance...purely to spite Evilyear at first, though as he gets to know the people of the resistance, he might start caring for them.

Last edited by Senior Doctor Thalassi on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Senior Doctor Thalassi
Senior Doctor Thalassi

CORPORAL

CORPORAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 pm

I haven't read this thread yet (I will soon) but I just wanted to let you guys know I split this thread up. The talk of OCs is now in its own brand-spanking new thread and this current thread will be reserved for canons only.

I couldn't duplicate Olivus Prime's post, unfortunately, so I posted what he said referring to OCs in a portion of CartoonHottie's post. Sorry!
Steel
Steel

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

http://soarervisions.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EEZ Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Long time no see; here are my tidbits:

For starts, let's round up on what they SHOULD have been...

Team Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear, Mira Nova, Booster Sinclair Munchapper, and XR would all be evildoers, conquering and destroying everything in their path. It makes no sense to me why only Lightyear had a drastically polar change when the rest of the crew should have, too. That would be a proper alternate universe.

If you'd like to envision an evil version, recall the evil clones of Team Lightyear in the episode Clone Rangers; complete and utter snots, but now dangerous snots. They'd also be fairly thorough in their "missions", eradicating all obstacles within their paths.

Villains-Turned-Heroes
As for our lovable villains in the normal universe, they should have been polarized to the side of good, as well. Instead of Commander Nebula it should have been Commander Zurg, and instead of desk it should have been XL. You can fill in the roles of Space Rangers to that of the normal universe's villains -- so long as they fit the niche, it sticks.

Basically, it would be a "villain" good-aligned Star Command versus a "hero" evil-aligned Team Lightyear.

~***~
Now, as for what happened in the show:

I haven't really developed much else into the concept yet, but I do have a theory as to why the Evil Emperor Zurg now enjoys himself working at Cosmo's Cosmic diner. The answer is simple:

He wanted fulfillment.
As we saw in the episode, Zurg wasn't entirely evil enough to the point of Evil Buzz Lightyear's grade. And if the opposite Zurg is flipping hamburgers and doing birthday parties instead of running Star Command like he should, then it says to me that he is neither Good nor Evil enough for a considerable polar change. Take that what you will in the normal universe.

That's it for now. Just wanted to comment on something that caught my fancy.
EEZ
EEZ

EVIL EMPEROR

EVIL EMPEROR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down