To Infinity and Fandom v.2.1 || A Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simone

2 posters

Go down

Simone - Simone  Empty Re: Simone

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Wow! That's a lot of detail! 8D Detail is good. It gives room to develop more.

I like her! And she really is pretty (even if she is embarrassed to be called so)! I would help to give you constructive criticism, but, unfortunately, I'm only good at that when it's in the form of grammar or layout editing. XD Sorry!

She really does seem cool, though! I approve even more!
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Thank you! I wanted to put a lot of detail into her character since, again, I was a bit concerned she'd come off as a Mary-Sue, but I'm really glad you like her. ^^

Oh, that's okay. Actually, I could use your help for something like that. Let me PM you in a second with something I had in mind.

Thank you again! I'm glad you approve. Smile

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Trust me, some of my characters come across as Mary Sues (or Gary Stus, seeing how a majority of my characters are male), but it's all really subjective, since it also depends on how you write the story and what else is happening in it. And, if you actually try to NOT make your character one, then you're more likely to succeed in having a good character and not a Mary Sue.

Sure thing! I'll be glad to help!

And, you're welcome! 8D
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah, that's true. It's all subjective, depending on how the story is written, and how the characters act towards each other. Because last time I checked, a Mary-Sue/Gary-Sue was someone who was all-powerful, everyone agreed with them, everyone loved them, etc.

That's what I tried not to do, since Simone has her own issues she has to work out, and hey, a Mary-Sue wouldn't have issues to worry about!

Thank you very much! ^^

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Though, you have to make sure you don't do the opposite end of the spectrum... Make everyone hate them and/or give them too much angst. You have to balance out the good with the bad, but make sure it's not too balanced either else the character is too bland and neutral.

But yours is good! I think so at least. Even if others disagree, I'm sure you can convince them otherwise once you actually get the story out. It's hard to explain a character (or person, really) without actually seeing them in action, right? 8D
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's true. It's all about balance, baby. That's a good point about balance; I didn't think about how bland someone could be if they are too balanced. Well said.

Heh, thanks! At this point, I'm happy that I posted her up here. Yeah, we need to see her into some action, and she will be. She's quite deadly when it comes to fighting, after all! Very Happy

Actually, I was thinking of posting her in the fancomic, and she will be prominent, but she won't be the main character. She's got her own issues to worry about. Razz

Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm

That's a good way to introduce her, I'd say! 8D And it's good not to make her the main character, or at least not right now. Plenty of time for that in the future. <3 Who knows, maybe you'll even take her and make your own stories with her outside the BLoSC universe.

I'm speaking from experience here. I made so many fan characters years ago and then they gradually became their own people in their own universe. It's a great thing to do with character you own that you love. <3
Alexa
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mod Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm

ab103 wrote:That's a good way to introduce her, I'd say! 8D And it's good not to make her the main character, or at least not right now. Plenty of time for that in the future. <3 Who knows, maybe you'll even take her and make your own stories with her outside the BLoSC universe.

I'm speaking from experience here. I made so many fan characters years ago and then they gradually became their own people in their own universe. It's a great thing to do with character you own that you love. <3

Yeah, I didn't want to make her the main character since it IS a Marvel/Disney crossover. The main characters will be the ones who will see the most action, really. Team Lightyear, of course, and Jean Grey and Professor Xavier. Who knows? Maybe I will do something with her in another universe. Heh. That's so true; that does tend to happen. But we'll see! <3
Mod

SENATOR

SENATOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum