Simone Caldera

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simone Caldera

Post by Fox Storm on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm

http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/16/78/14/11/simone14.jpg

Here's another OC of mine! Rangers, rookies, cadets, and all Evil Emperors alike, may I introduce you to Space Ranger Simone Caldera.

She's a veteran Space Ranger, who was in the same class as Buzz, Warp, Ty, and Rocket. She interacted with them from time to time when they attended the Academy. She was actually quite shy and a bit reserved to talk to anyone when she came from the planet of Mistimia, a somewhat reclusive and secretive place for her to grow up. Nonetheless, she befriended these four Rangers, and she grew-socially, mentally, etc.

After they graduated from the Academy, Simone stayed with the Space Rangers for many years, until getting terrible news from her planet: a civil war had broken out. It turned out that this war had been going on ever since she was a child, but she and Paige, her younger sister, were sheltered from the war by being raised by a sanctuary of monks and nuns. Queen Ethel needed Simone back to aid her in trying to find peace within the planet. Sadly and reluctantly, she left Star Command for 5 years, barely able to keep up with all that's happened (from TAB to 42). Sometime later, she returned to Star Command, changed in some way-she is now older and wiser, and she now spends time with Ranger Ty Parsec, her old friend.

Last edited by Fox Storm on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

"Do you know the legend of the Phoenix?...The Phoenix was a mythical bird that was consumed by fire, but always rose again from the ashes. Perhaps that's what the Phoenix represents-hope, which never dies." -Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: The Animated Series

Storm Front....a BLoSC/X-Men crossover fanfic....NOW on Fanfiction.net!

Glory Days...the Academy Days of four certain Rangers, a BLoSC fanfic. NOW on Fanfiction.net!

*A Ty Parsec fan and proud of it!
Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Simone Caldera

Post by Fox Storm on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Name: Simone E. Caldera
Nicknames: Sim, Card Shark
Height: 5’7
Weight: 136 pounds
Species/Race: Human
IQ: 120
Marital Status: Single
DOB: 3/9
Birth Place: Mistimia from the Outback Quadrant
Residence: Star Command/Capital Planet
Team Position: Co-pilot
Social Class: Average Jo (with a bit of royalty-likeness, very lady-like)
Economic Class: Middle-class, although on her homeplanet, she’s a peasant
Alignment: Good

Abilities and Aptitudes:
*Simone is capable of using martial arts, mainly Qigong and Hung Gar. Practicing these arts for years, she is more or less a master at them.

*She can even use the “death touch” on pressure points to temporarily paralyze someone, but she uses this as a last resort, as she doesn't like to attack head on first. She can also use one of her strongest moves, Eagle Claw, to grapple her enemy by the throat and use it to get information.

*Being a medic, she is capable of patching up wounds from those of cuts to first degree burns.

*Possesses a wealth of knowledge on various histories, on many of the planets, due to being exposed to a large library when she was younger.

*Although this is probably a mental skill, she can also provide sage advice and calm a person down in their time of emotionally distress or worry.

Hobbies and Talents:

*Loves to play card games, such as Poker and Blackjack (is quite wicked at it, although she does have her moments when she loses), and chess as well, but she plays cards more so than chess.

*Simone secretly also does palm readings, but she keeps this a secret, as she knows it's something not many people believe in.

*Can also sew to an extent, whether it's a button or a wound.

*Practices Qigong and Hung Gar whenever she can, making sure her skills don't get rusty.

Weaknesses:

*Because she had been through a war, she gets VERY upset if anyone disrespects the dead, and if pushed too far, she can suddenly snap and threaten to harm someone. She also gets very upset when the people she cares about have been through some horrible trauma, because she believes that she needed to help them. This can sometimes cloud her judgement and keep her in a bad mood until the issue has been resolved somehow.

*In addition to having an angry disposition sometimes, she can also be very cold and unforgiving, even while she attends to a patient if their condition is critical. She'll sometimes brush off outside help if she thinks she can do the job, and she usually can, but if she needs help, she'll abruptly ask for help and will demand it, with no questions asked.

*Even though she is healthy, she has somewhat of a weak stomach. She can't eat certain spicy foods or nuts because this causes her indigestion, thus sometimes having to have her be picky about what she eats.

*Although she doesn't let this stop her, Simone is a bit self-conscious about her body. She thinks her shoulders and arms are too skinny, and she doesn't think she looks great in anything fitting.

Personal Facts:
Greatest friends: Ty Parsec, Pixel

Other friends: Mira Nova, Buzz Lightyear, Corla Shakti

Rivals: the Valkyrans, although she and they have a mutual respect for each other, due to their similar ideals
Enemies: Zurg, the King of Mistimia

Known relatives: Paige (Sister and Representative of Mistimia), Queen Ethel (mother figure and ruler over one side of Mistimia)

Likes: card games, chess, scents of spices (cinnamon's her favorite), reading, sewing, palm reading (although, again, is embarrassed to admit it)

Dislikes: grave robbers, apple juice, show-offs, spicy foods, and being pointed out her shoulders look too skinny or boney (she’s a bit sensitive about her shoulders, and her body in general)
She also doesn't like talking about her home planet of Mistimia, as it's a touchy subject for her with her planet's history and some of the memories she had there. But heaven help you if you make some rude remark about it; it's one of the easiest ways to tick her off.

Gourmet of choice: soup (just not anything spicy), and salmon dishes

Beverage: water

Personality:
Enter Ranger Simone Caldera. A soft-spoken person, this Space Ranger is a very warm person, always giving a gentle smile to everyone and treating them with the outmost respect, if they deserve it, that is. Her kindness is so big that she can be seen as somewhat of an older sister or mentor to her peers. This role she’s seen in as an older sister is played well, as she’s often willing to give sage advice to anyone who needs or asks for it, since she is, literally, an older sister. She doesn’t always have an answer to everything (especially romance), but she does her best to provide the right advice to whoever is in need of some help. She believes there is nothing wrong with asking for help, and will strongly encourage others who don’t want to be seen as weak that it’s okay to ask for help when you’re lost and confused, as she often does with Ty Parsec or Mira Nova.

Although sweet most of the time, she does have a certain berserk button that should never be pushed. When anyone makes a certain joke of some kind about her planet, praises her for fighting someone she did not want to fight, or just disrespects the deceased, Simone can suddenly snap and become very violent.
If her anger is strong enough, she will outright want to harm you in some way, sometimes by physical threat. She is not one to easily forgive you unless you were just being a bad joker. This is because of her experience in the civil war back on her homeplanet. Forced helplessly to watch others die, it has become a sensitive issue with her, since she believes it’s her fault that she couldn’t do anything to save them. Thus, she has a hard time accepting that there was nothing that can be done, or even accepting that death could come into the least likely of places.

She can be prone to emotional outbursts when it is least expected, especially since being in the war back on her homeplanet, and a BIG fight she had with her sister has made her a tad bit more emotional than she was before she returned to Mistimia to aid in the war. So whenever someone she cares about is hurt in some way, and is picked on or something else happens to them, she can be fiercely protective of them and very angry and cold towards her peers.

Her warm disposition is genuine, but she also wears a mask of assuredness; she makes sure no one can see her true face of sadness and despair she’s going through because she believes she needs to be strong for everyone. It’s also why she can be rough at times, especially when she is taking care of someone who is in critical condition as a medic-she’ll do all in her willpower to save a person from losing their life, and won’t let anyone else who can’t help her near her and her patient. This is only when her patient is in critical condition, however. When the injuries are small, though, she retains her warm and gentle disposition.

She is also a very well-spoken individual, although she’ll occasionally use slang to get her point across if the situation calls for it. Simone is also very polite and courteous. Although she never generally raises her voice, she has, on occasion, shouted and yelled when her patience wears thin.

In the heat of battle or training, she becomes a very determined and stoic warrior, never allowing herself to lose concentration or focus. This is because she knows that when she fights someone, she must have the utmost concentration needed to in order to fight her opponent. She usually will try to evade her opponent first, trying to find their weakness, tire them out, or to see how they fight, mainly because she does not like fighting upfront. She’d rather try to find other ways to defeat them with her brain and heart than her brawn.

But Simone is not always calm and collected. When it comes to romance, she becomes very tongue-tied and shy about it, blushing furiously when someone calls her beautiful. She has quite a bit of an issue with her body, especially her arms and shoulders, as she believes they are too skinny and boney, so to her, it’s a bit of a deal when she is complimented on them.

She never has taken much thought to her own beauty, which is why she becomes a blushing mess when called out on it. She is smart enough to know, however, not to let this become a weakness, since she knows that there are people out there who could use her weakness as an excuse to use it against her. It’s only when her friends or friendly strangers call her out on it that she turns as red as a Jo-Adian beet.

Overall, Simone is a very gentle and kind woman who is willing to help others, and is very respectful to the deceased, no matter the cost. Although she can be a bit moody and mysterious at times, and despite the fact that she can become a bit of a mess when she is in a pickle about romance or war, she is also a very wise mentor and friend to anyone who is need of a good shoulder to cry on or just simply wants someone to talk to.

Theme song: "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera.

Trivia: She also has a slight interest in spirituality. She sometimes likes to look up things relating to other planets' religions if she has the time to.
-------------------------------------
And..there's that. Whew! I hope she's a good OC. To be honest, I was a bit more worried about putting Simone up because I thought she would come across as a Mary-Sue. I did the best I could to make her a likable character without turning her into a MS. Let me know how I did! I'd like CC (constructive criticism), please. Smile

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 6 times in total

"Do you know the legend of the Phoenix?...The Phoenix was a mythical bird that was consumed by fire, but always rose again from the ashes. Perhaps that's what the Phoenix represents-hope, which never dies." -Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: The Animated Series

Glory Days...the Academy Days of four certain Rangers, a BLoSC fanfic. NOW on Fanfiction.net!

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Wow! That's a lot of detail! 8D Detail is good. It gives room to develop more.

I like her! And she really is pretty (even if she is embarrassed to be called so)! I would help to give you constructive criticism, but, unfortunately, I'm only good at that when it's in the form of grammar or layout editing. XD Sorry!

She really does seem cool, though! I approve even more!

Alexa Baird on Wordpress, Tumblr, Facebook. Atypical Unit on CreateSpace. Search "Atypical Unit Alexa Baird" to find on Amazon.com and Amazon Europe.
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Thank you! I wanted to put a lot of detail into her character since, again, I was a bit concerned she'd come off as a Mary-Sue, but I'm really glad you like her. ^^

Oh, that's okay. Actually, I could use your help for something like that. Let me PM you in a second with something I had in mind.

Thank you again! I'm glad you approve. Smile

Last edited by Fox Storm on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Trust me, some of my characters come across as Mary Sues (or Gary Stus, seeing how a majority of my characters are male), but it's all really subjective, since it also depends on how you write the story and what else is happening in it. And, if you actually try to NOT make your character one, then you're more likely to succeed in having a good character and not a Mary Sue.

Sure thing! I'll be glad to help!

And, you're welcome! 8D

Alexa Baird on Wordpress, Tumblr, Facebook. Atypical Unit on CreateSpace. Search "Atypical Unit Alexa Baird" to find on Amazon.com and Amazon Europe.
Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah, that's true. It's all subjective, depending on how the story is written, and how the characters act towards each other. Because last time I checked, a Mary-Sue/Gary-Sue was someone who was all-powerful, everyone agreed with them, everyone loved them, etc.

That's what I tried not to do, since Simone has her own issues she has to work out, and hey, a Mary-Sue wouldn't have issues to worry about!

Thank you very much! ^^

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Though, you have to make sure you don't do the opposite end of the spectrum... Make everyone hate them and/or give them too much angst. You have to balance out the good with the bad, but make sure it's not too balanced either else the character is too bland and neutral.

But yours is good! I think so at least. Even if others disagree, I'm sure you can convince them otherwise once you actually get the story out. It's hard to explain a character (or person, really) without actually seeing them in action, right? 8D

Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's true. It's all about balance, baby. That's a good point about balance; I didn't think about how bland someone could be if they are too balanced. Well said.

Heh, thanks! At this point, I'm happy that I posted her up here. Yeah, we need to see her into some action, and she will be. She's quite deadly when it comes to fighting, after all! Very Happy

Actually, I was thinking of posting her in the fancomic, and she will be prominent, but she won't be the main character. She's got her own issues to worry about. Razz

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm

That's a good way to introduce her, I'd say! 8D And it's good not to make her the main character, or at least not right now. Plenty of time for that in the future. <3 Who knows, maybe you'll even take her and make your own stories with her outside the BLoSC universe.

I'm speaking from experience here. I made so many fan characters years ago and then they gradually became their own people in their own universe. It's a great thing to do with character you own that you love. <3

Alexa

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox Storm on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm

ab103 wrote:That's a good way to introduce her, I'd say! 8D And it's good not to make her the main character, or at least not right now. Plenty of time for that in the future. <3 Who knows, maybe you'll even take her and make your own stories with her outside the BLoSC universe.

I'm speaking from experience here. I made so many fan characters years ago and then they gradually became their own people in their own universe. It's a great thing to do with character you own that you love. <3

Yeah, I didn't want to make her the main character since it IS a Marvel/Disney crossover. The main characters will be the ones who will see the most action, really. Team Lightyear, of course, and Jean Grey and Professor Xavier. Who knows? Maybe I will do something with her in another universe. Heh. That's so true; that does tend to happen. But we'll see! <3

Fox Storm

SENATOR

SENATOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: